SELECT CONTENT

The Final Two (F2) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Final Two (F2) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: The Final Two (F2) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by julychild Fri May 24, 2013 3:32 pm

Kashathediva wrote:
julychild wrote:
Max64 wrote:
BKay wrote:Can you think of any contestants who made it to f4 who stand out as having gone through the process without succumbing to the bubble? Just curious.

Graham?

Haha, Graham didn't "extricate" himself from anything! He desired to be The Bachelor but it was said that one of the producers hated him. Graham more-or-less confirmed it last year, when someone on Twitter asked if he would consider being The Bachelor and he said he didn't get along with some producers.

The one's I truly admire are those who are able to go back to their everyday normal lives and chosen careers while taking advantage of the opportunities being on the show provides.

I don't know for sure, but I think the poster who posted "Graham" meant he was able to remove himself from the process during De's season and see pretty clearly outside the bubble. That was my take and I do see this as true, if that was the take.

I admire Ashley and JP for what I bolded in your second paragraph. Kudos to them.
I think Brad was able to remove himself from the bubble in Brad 1.0 by choosing no one. I like how Chantal went on to her own life and removed herself from the franchise.

You are right. I read the discussion again and see that I misunderstood the question and response. Thanks

julychild

Back to top Go down

The Final Two (F2) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: The Final Two (F2) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by jcrbil Fri May 24, 2013 4:32 pm

I will commend to you all an article which appeared at the beginning of this week on CNN.com- http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/18/health/lifeswork-loftus-memory-malleability - which shows how memory can be manipulated. I think a lot of what the producers/handlers do during the course of the season is just that- they take and experience and then have the participant talk about it, but as they talk about the date or what the person saw (or in AshLee's case, what happened in the fantasy suite) they can elicit certain reactions which, if you will, taint the memory making the experience either more or less than it really was. So Ben, even if he was getting subtle clues from Ashley that he wasn't the one, absolutely believed he was. Though we can see Sean's body language and know that Lindsay will not be his choice, she can't see it. Even Sean, though we can tell he is really more into Catherine than anyone is probably being asked that last week, "Are you SURE?" which makes him continue to question his feelings- for both Catherine and Lindsay. TPTB may not have read this psychologist's research in this area, but they have certainly been practicing it all along.

jcrbil

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Fri May 24, 2013 4:37 pm

Kashathediva wrote:
tigertiz wrote:Two words. Stockholm syndrome.

And quite a few do realize --after the fact---kind of like Monday morning quarterbacking. What can you do then--except extricate the experience and people from your life as much as possible.

The upside to all of this is that they do quickly recover and most go on to some interesting things in their lives either new or a renewed appreciation of what they had. I think the "process" itself has some merit in that it gives folks at a critical time in their lives the forced opportunity to be introspective and make decisions that will affect them going forward. Plus many make lifelong friends in the process.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Fri May 24, 2013 4:44 pm

I know a little of what went on during the negotiations with Chris L to be the bachelor. A Lot of money was thrown his way...more than I have heard for anyone. He was said to consider it for a brief moment and his dad and brothers said they would support whatever he decided. In the end, he decided he did not want to put his family through the type of shenanigans for which TPTB are famous...and oh yea, he just happened to meet a lovely girl at the right moment. I bet Chris Harrison still kicks himself over that one.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 24, 2013 4:50 pm

jcrbil wrote:I will commend to you all an article which appeared at the beginning of this week on CNN.com- http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/18/health/lifeswork-loftus-memory-malleability - which shows how memory can be manipulated. I think a lot of what the producers/handlers do during the course of the season is just that- they take and experience and then have the participant talk about it, but as they talk about the date or what the person saw (or in AshLee's case, what happened in the fantasy suite) they can elicit certain reactions which, if you will, taint the memory making the experience either more or less than it really was. So Ben, even if he was getting subtle clues from Ashley that he wasn't the one, absolutely believed he was. Though we can see Sean's body language and know that Lindsay will not be his choice, she can't see it. Even Sean, though we can tell he is really more into Catherine than anyone is probably being asked that last week, "Are you SURE?" which makes him continue to question his feelings- for both Catherine and Lindsay. TPTB may not have read this psychologist's research in this area, but they have certainly been practicing it all along.

Oh, I absolutely agree; :yes:
Krisily who was the runner-up on Charlies's season is a host at AfterBuzz where she among others shows, covers TPTB... and always maintains this.

While you really my develop a friendly relationship with the handlers/producers, they are NOT your friends until you wrap everything up. Same goes for CH, no matter how friendly he is to the leads (maybe even genuinely friendly) he is a business man first, friend second.

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Fri May 24, 2013 5:32 pm

It really is rather sad how they all think their producers are their BFFs...til they see the season play out! I do have to ask though...don't any of those producers have a conscience? 😆

Team Kaitlin!  Team Booth!
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Fri May 24, 2013 5:56 pm

I wonder if they do have a conscience. The one who consistently seems "loved" by all is Elan. I like to think he is a good guy, but wouldn't be shocked if he is as bad as the others.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 24, 2013 6:18 pm

IrishGal wrote:It really is rather sad how they all think their producers are their BFFs...til they see the season play out! I do have to ask though...don't any of those producers have a conscience? 😆

Actually I think they all forgive pretty fast since a lot of them are still BFFs... Even someone who got a bad edit (pretty much as bad as it gets) like Courtney is closed to Millsy, Amy, Elan, etc...

They all love Peter and Cassie.

I think they know what to expect. And after they get over the shock, they get over the business side of it and keep their friendships with the people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri May 24, 2013 6:29 pm

To TPTB it's a job first and foremost. I guess they compartmentalize --think of the professionals who work around diseases and death. (ha- what a comparison!)
But not all of them do remain friends. They do not "all love" Cassie and Peter. Elan has a quirky sense of humor and lifestyle not all appreciate. When you realize how many of the cast out of all the seasons fade off into the sunset, it puts things in perspective. We only hear about the cast that is in the spotlight and still under contract that often are still associated with the Machine.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 24, 2013 7:09 pm

Kashathediva wrote:To TPTB it's a job first and foremost. I guess they compartmentalize --think of the professionals who work around diseases and death. (ha- what a comparison!)
But not all of them do remain friends. They do not "all love" Cassie and Peter. Elan has a quirky sense of humor and lifestyle not all appreciate. When you realize how many of the cast out of all the seasons fade off into the sunset, it puts things in perspective. We only hear about the cast that is in the spotlight and still under contract that often are still associated with the Machine

Yes I am generalizing, but a lot of them still get along and stay in contact with TPTB. I guess like any other relationships, it boils down to personality. What I was trying to say is that a lot of contestants seem to understand editing is part of the machine and the people that make up the machine are still people :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri May 24, 2013 7:46 pm

I think what we have to remember is we see relationships with TPTB and cast (that have little to no choice about being seen with them as many are still under contract!)--much like the edit we are given when we watch the show.
I have heard plenty of grumblings, some specific, regarding no loss of love for the producers. This is often how people (RS included) receive spoilers. I would honestly say very few of the cast remain "friends" with TPTB, maybe not the extreme of Jesse C--but more come away knowing they are snakes.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Fri May 24, 2013 7:47 pm

IrishGal wrote:It really is rather sad how they all think their producers are their BFFs...til they see the season play out! I do have to ask though...don't any of those producers have a conscience? 😆

Can't blame producers without blaming us for without us viewers, the show wouldn't be produced! :yes:

I don't have a problem with the extra proposals ... it's all part of the experience, for both participants and viewers. The more the merrier, I say!
Amberish
Amberish

Female Posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Final Two (F2) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion

+31
BarbB222
sfrank
moonchild
gruder
Newto