SELECT CONTENT

The Final Two (F2) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Final Two (F2) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: The Final Two (F2) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by Kashathediva Thu May 23, 2013 10:23 pm

yrkiemommy wrote:Wasn't it said before or speculated about that Ben was strongly encouraged to get down on one knee and that possibly ensured him becoming that bachelor or am I remembering incorrectly?

If so, would then this be the same and that Des's F2 will more than likely be the next bachelor if he wants it?

It happened with Jason Mesnick--getting down on one knee for Deanna and proposing. And it is well known that prior to Jason being on that season of the 'ette, he badly wanted to be TB, but was rejected. His connection to the show was Bevin who was a bridesmaid at his first wedding(friend of his ex-wife).
So --the dots do connect...but hey this show doesn't use a formula.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

The Final Two (F2) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: The Final Two (F2) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by docnash14 Thu May 23, 2013 11:19 pm

atem wrote:I still don't think it means the Final 2 guy. Jillian got 3 proposals.

As I recall, Kiptyn was going to propose but was stopped before he did so.

docnash14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 23, 2013 11:24 pm

allykat wrote:I think it goes in a pattern of every other season they either both propose or one goes early...Deanna they both proposed, Ally let Chris go early, Ashley they both propose, Emily let Arie go early. So I guess it makes sense that they both propose this year.

That said, I HATE when the lead lets the F2 propose. I know that this is TPTB driven but it still pisses me off. Even if I don't root for the F2 (like in the case of Ben), I will still be pissed if the lead lets them propose. It's so disingenuous.

julychild wrote:Is it altogether impossible for the lead to let the F2 go before they get down on one knee, i.e, after their"I love you" speech?

Although this is a T.V show, it must still be shameful, to an extent, to be in that position.

im with you allykat...can you imagine how we feel if we rooting for the F2?..it must be SUCKS!..lol

julychid,i was about to ask same question to all senior and expert posters here :

i believe in Trista season, she gives speech first before both F1 and F2 pulling an action. So it was reasonable for F1 get down on one knee after hearing the reciprocal feeling of the lead, and F2 can deliberately go knowing he was rejected. No need to pull over-the-top drama getting down on one knee, right??

Is it only applied on Trista season and changed afterwards?............i do think this is the BEST set up of FRC and they SHOULD apply it to every season, since it allowing everyone to play a fair game and minimize the possible negative excesses.

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Thu May 23, 2013 11:37 pm

I don't trust WetPaint. I just don't.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 23, 2013 11:42 pm

atem wrote:I don't trust WetPaint. I just don't.

my point is not about the fact, atem. BUT how they should treat a F2. Thats why i bring the topic in this thread.
regarding the probability of the run down like this is 50% IMO. since RS also already confirmed it. Soo..i see the point to talk about the topic now...
Personally, as a devoted Chris fans is good to me to know this before hand.so that i could prepare for this sucks moment..laugh out loud.. peace

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Fri May 24, 2013 12:30 am

Just so this is clear...Ben had no clue Ash wouldn't accept his proposal. For the entire weeks of isolation (HTD and FRC and LCD) he was told by producers that Ash was going to pick him but she was not allowed to let him know for the shows sake. I think his reaction was mild for such betrayal. They played him for the fool. For whatever reason TPTB are desperate for that F2 proposal.
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 24, 2013 12:42 am

IrishGal wrote:Just so this is clear...Ben had no clue Ash wouldn't accept his proposal. For the entire weeks of isolation (HTD and FRC and LCD) he was told by producers that Ash was going to pick him but she was not allowed to let him know for the shows sake. I think his reaction was mild for such betrayal. They played him for the fool. For whatever reason TPTB are desperate for that F2 proposal.

thank you for sharing this...its a confirmation for me, when it comes to this show, the most dramatic equal to the most shameful/cruelest one duh hissyfit . Here is to hoping that Chris may handle it well Praying
so..i guess there is no rule of thumb as to how the F2 rejection being played out. I wish we could go back to Trista`s season when they allowed the lead to speak first... Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Fruit Loops Fri May 24, 2013 3:52 am

pavalygurl wrote:
yrkiemommy wrote:Wasn't it said before or speculated about that Ben was strongly encouraged to get down on one knee and that possibly ensured him becoming that bachelor or am I remembering incorrectly?

If so, would then this be the same and that Des's F2 will more than likely be the next bachelor if he wants it?

Ben was not told he'd become the bachelor if he got down on one knee and proposed. If I recall correctly, TPTB told Ashley she needed to have him get down on one knee and thus be more heart broken which would enhance his chance to be Bachelor. I was angry with Ashley for a long time until this info became knowledge and I realize once again TPTB played both of them.

She wanted Ben to know her decision early (like Ali) and was denied permission. She was assured that he would know the outcome and that the FRC dumping would be edited to help to build his fan base. Ben, however, was led to believe that he was 'the F1' - so he was completely set up for the proposal, which quickly led into his ballistic behavior toward Ashley and crew members (which was never shown). So, in essence they were both set up. If you re-watch his proposal, you will see that it was looped to look as if he was on his knee a lot longer than he really was - unlike Jef for Emily. Ben was understandably 'over it' - but, then returned to be the lead on his own season because he saw the opportunity to promote his wine business. Instead he received a smidgeon of PR for his wines as compared to Jef's People Water business and he and his F1 quite possibly got the worse edits in bachelor history. Guess Fleissmeister has a way of settling the scores.

There are two types of people: the cheerios and the fruit loops. Better to be the one than to live one fruit loop shy of a full bowl. :crazed
Fruit Loops
Fruit Loops

Back to top Go down

Post by Fruit Loops Fri May 24, 2013 3:57 am

IrishGal wrote:Just so this is clear...Ben had no clue Ash wouldn't accept his proposal. For the entire weeks of isolation (HTD and FRC and LCD) he was told by producers that Ash was going to pick him but she was not allowed to let him know for the shows sake. I think his reaction was mild for such betrayal. They played him for the fool. For whatever reason TPTB are desperate for that F2 proposal.

This is true. But I wouldn't classify his reaction as 'mild' - he became livid and took his anger out on crew as well as on Ashley, to a point that she was still derailed and distrustful of the man going into the ATFR. What Ben didn't realize - and ultimately learned at the expense of his feelings - is that his handlers are not the friends they portray themselves to be. And that the show will stop at nothing on this side of the law to create their show.

There are two types of people: the cheerios and the fruit loops. Better to be the one than to live one fruit loop shy of a full bowl. :crazed
Fruit Loops
Fruit Loops

Back to top Go down

Post by Fruit Loops Fri May 24, 2013 4:05 am

murasaki1393 wrote:
allykat wrote:I think it goes in a pattern of every other season they either both propose or one goes early...Deanna they both proposed, Ally let Chris go early, Ashley they both propose, Emily let Arie go early. So I guess it makes sense that they both propose this year.

That said, I HATE when the lead lets the F2 propose. I know that this is TPTB driven but it still pisses me off. Even if I don't root for the F2 (like in the case of Ben), I will still be pissed if the lead lets them propose. It's so disingenuous.

julychild wrote:Is it altogether impossible for the lead to let the F2 go before they get down on one knee, i.e, after their"I love you" speech?

Although this is a T.V show, it must still be shameful, to an extent, to be in that position.

im with you allykat...can you imagine how we feel if we rooting for the F2?..it must be SUCKS!..lol

julychid,i was about to ask same question to all senior and expert posters here :

i believe in Trista season, she gives speech first before both F1 and F2 pulling an action. So it was reasonable for F1 get down on one knee after hearing the reciprocal feeling of the lead, and F2 can deliberately go knowing he was rejected. No need to pull over-the-top drama getting down on one knee, right??

Is it only applied on Trista season and changed afterwards?............i do think this is the BEST set up of FRC and they SHOULD apply it to every season, since it allowing everyone to play a fair game and minimize the possible negative excesses.

Like anything else - they look for the shock factor and cliff hangers to keep people tuning in and talking. It is a far greater impact to see a man propose and get rejected, than it is to show a 'good-bye' like Trista's to Charlie. While the later is marginally more respectful, the entire edit and approach of the show has morphed a great deal since Trista's season.

Fruit Loops
Fruit Loops

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 24, 2013 4:09 am

Fruit Loops wrote:
pavalygurl wrote:

Ben was not told he'd become the bachelor if he got down on one knee and proposed. If I recall correctly, TPTB told Ashley she needed to have him get down on one knee and thus be more heart broken which would enhance his chance to be Bachelor. I was angry with Ashley for a long time until this info became knowledge and I realize once again TPTB played both of them.

She wanted Ben to know her decision early (like Ali) and was denied permission. She was assured that he would know the outcome and that the FRC dumping would be edited to help to build his fan base. Ben, however, was led to believe that he was 'the F1' - so he was completely set up for the proposal, which quickly led into his ballistic behavior toward Ashley and crew members (which was never shown). So, in essence they were both set up. If you re-watch his proposal, you will see that it was looped to look as if he was on his knee a lot longer than he really was - unlike Jef for Emily. Ben was understandably 'over it' - but, then returned to be the lead on his own season because he saw the opportunity to promote his wine business. Instead he received a smidgeon of PR for his wines as compared to Jef's People Water business and he and his F1 quite possibly got the worse edits in bachelor history. Guess Fleissmeister has a way of settling the scores.

Many thanks for the thorough insight, fruitloops!
as a fan, i would give Chris full support if he`d agreed to do TB, with one condition : they would minimize the crazies and shenanigans and make sure he would get wonderful gentleman edits :yes: #NotThatMyOpinionMatterAnyway giggling

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri May 24, 2013 10:17 am

Fruit Loops wrote:

This is true. But I wouldn't classify his reaction as 'mild' - he became livid and took his anger out on crew as well as on Ashley, to a point that she was still derailed and distrustful of the man going into the ATFR. What Ben didn't realize - and ultimately learned at the expense of his feelings - is that his handlers are not the friends they portray themselves to be. And that the show will stop at nothing on this side of the law to create their show.

Can not bold this enough and I don't think they do letter press effect online. This is what a handful of posters have been stressing for years, but hey--it's still a romantic, love show, go figure. :P (NOT)

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Final Two (F2) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion

+31
BarbB222
sfrank
moonchild
gruder
Newto