SELECT CONTENT

The Final Two (F2) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Final Two (F2) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: The Final Two (F2) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by tigertiz Fri May 24, 2013 10:26 am

Guess Fleissmeister has a way of settling the scores.
What score did he have to settle with Ben? was it because Ben went ballistic at the FRC? They wanted him to be shocked but mature so they punished him later with a poor edit on his season?
tigertiz
tigertiz

Back to top Go down

The Final Two (F2) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: The Final Two (F2) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by atem Fri May 24, 2013 11:28 am

Fruit Loops wrote:
IrishGal wrote:Just so this is clear...Ben had no clue Ash wouldn't accept his proposal. For the entire weeks of isolation (HTD and FRC and LCD) he was told by producers that Ash was going to pick him but she was not allowed to let him know for the shows sake. I think his reaction was mild for such betrayal. They played him for the fool. For whatever reason TPTB are desperate for that F2 proposal.

This is true. But I wouldn't classify his reaction as 'mild' - he became livid and took his anger out on crew as well as on Ashley, to a point that she was still derailed and distrustful of the man going into the ATFR. What Ben didn't realize - and ultimately learned at the expense of his feelings - is that his handlers are not the friends they portray themselves to be. And that the show will stop at nothing on this side of the law to create their show.

That's what I don't get. Why does it seem that we seem to be the only ones to notice this? Don't the leads and people part of the show get what the handlers are doing?

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertiz Fri May 24, 2013 12:53 pm

Two words. Stockholm syndrome.
tigertiz
tigertiz

Back to top Go down

Post by sbolduc Fri May 24, 2013 1:17 pm

tigertiz wrote:Two words. Stockholm syndrome.

Yep. If you haven't listened to the Jillian interview she talks about this and it is very fascinating. That is what I find the most interesting about the show to me, is the manipulation by the producers, and the contestants, for the most part completely buying in, in such a quick time frame. It would be a great research study, showing how easy it is to "buy" into something when you are completely controlled and watched for a period of time.

It puts things into perspective, when you think about people who join cults or gangs or strict/radical religious groups, and how people can get sucked in and completely socialized to accepting what would be irrational or radical behaviour (i.e. proposing to someone that you have spent hours with while they are dating 24 other people) as normal. Obviously these are a lot larger and more dangerous scale than being a contestant on the Bach/ette.
sbolduc
sbolduc

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri May 24, 2013 1:39 pm

tigertiz wrote:Two words. Stockholm syndrome.

And quite a few do realize --after the fact---kind of like Monday morning quarterbacking. What can you do then--except extricate the experience and people from your life as much as possible.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 24, 2013 2:08 pm

Can you think of any contestants who made it to f4 who stand out as having gone through the process without succumbing to the bubble? Just curious.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 24, 2013 2:27 pm

BKay wrote:Can you think of any contestants who made it to f4 who stand out as having gone through the process without succumbing to the bubble? Just curious.

Graham?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 24, 2013 2:29 pm

Max64 wrote:
BKay wrote:Can you think of any contestants who made it to f4 who stand out as having gone through the process without succumbing to the bubble? Just curious.

Graham?

for Bachelor i must go with Chantal

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Fri May 24, 2013 2:31 pm

Constantine, but I don't think he was ever really taken with Ashley and left prior to the Fantasy Suite on the date.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Baseball Mom Fri May 24, 2013 2:39 pm

Would Chris Lambton qualify as someone who did not "succumb to the bubble" ? I mean it was reported that TPTB wanted him really bad to be the the Bachelor and courted him for months but he just kept refusing them until they gave up and decided to do Brad 2.0.

You say that you love rain but you open your umbrella when it rains. You say that you love the sun, but you find a shadowy spot when the sun shines. You say that you love the wind, but you close your window when the wind blows. This is why I am afraid when you say that you love me too. -unknown
Baseball Mom
Baseball Mom

Female Posts : 922

Back to top Go down

Post by julychild Fri May 24, 2013 3:07 pm

Max64 wrote:

Graham?

Haha, Graham didn't "extricate" himself from anything! He desired to be The Bachelor but it was said that one of the producers hated him. Graham more-or-less confirmed it last year, when someone on Twitter asked if he would consider being The Bachelor and he said he didn't get along with some producers.

The one's I truly admire are those who are able to go back to their everyday normal lives and chosen careers while taking advantage of the opportunities being on the show provides.

julychild

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri May 24, 2013 3:22 pm

julychild wrote:
Max64 wrote:

Graham?

Haha, Graham didn't "extricate" himself from anything! He desired to be The Bachelor but it was said that one of the producers hated him. Graham more-or-less confirmed it last year, when someone on Twitter asked if he would consider being The Bachelor and he said he didn't get along with some producers.

The one's I truly admire are those who are able to go back to their everyday normal lives and chosen careers while taking advantage of the opportunities being on the show provides.

I don't know for sure, but I think the poster who posted "Graham" meant he was able to remove himself from the process during De's season and see pretty clearly outside the bubble. That was my take and I do see this as true, if that was the take.

I admire Ashley and JP for what I bolded in your second paragraph. Kudos to them.
I think Brad was able to remove himself from the bubble in Brad 1.0 by choosing no one. I like how Chantal went on to her own life and removed herself from the franchise.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Final Two (F2) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion

+31
BarbB222
sfrank
moonchild
gruder
Newto