SELECT CONTENT

The Golden Bachelorette - Joan Vassos - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Golden Bachelorette - Joan Vassos - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 6 Empty Re: The Golden Bachelorette - Joan Vassos - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by pavalygurl Yesterday at 1:49 am

@Sprite Interesting that you mention not being a fan of Chock. I am not either and I can't put my finger on it. I may go back and listen again but his answer to one of his kids on his feelings for Joan was not all that.
I was not initially a big fan of Pascal but he has really grown on me. I also like Jordan of the guys left. I think Mark very well may be our next Golden Bach and that is fine by me.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

The Golden Bachelorette - Joan Vassos - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 6 Empty Re: The Golden Bachelorette - Joan Vassos - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Norcalgal Yesterday at 2:13 am

Sprite - appreciate all your recaps this season, thank you!

Lovstruck - who would you like to see as the next GB?

pavalygurl - agree with you on Pascal. I was touched when he said his best friends had been sent home! But I was more touched when he got up and hugged Mark when Mark realized he got the last 1 on 1 date.

Joan was so kind in expressing her concerns about Mark going forward. She has done a great job in saying goodbye to the guys as they are eliminated. I like what she said to Jonathan - you are seen and you are worthy.

Hubby watched the last hour with me tonight. He asked what I thought of the cast and I told him that 60 year old men don't have as many close friends as women and the guys really got in touch with enjoying friendship during filming. That has changed them.

As for Chock - clearly that is who Joan will choose. For some reason, he doesn't feel as genuine to me as Mark and Pascal and even Jordan. Someone on Reddit found an article about his mom, who just died. She went back to school when she was 27 and had 5 kids. Eventually went to medical school and then became a forensic pathologist. She had quite a career. I will miss meeting her on Chock's HT.

BTW, did you know that Joan graduated college with a degree in computer science? Who would have thought!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5433

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Yesterday at 2:15 am

@pavalygurl I don't know if it is that Chock seems so sure of his connection with Joan or if it is that he always looks kind of smug. Something about him just rubs me the wrong way, but clearly Joan doesn't mind because it is apparent to me that he is her favorite. I was very surprised how they snuggled in front of the others during the bowling date. Now, that could have been edited to appear that way, but the others were upset so I think that is how it went down. Truthfully, I don't find much personality from either Chock or Joan so I guess they might suit each other.

I agree about Pascal. Funny, of all the guys left, I think I know Jordan the least. I don't remember anything about him.

I am fine with Mark as the next golden bachelor, but after seeing that date with Joan I am wondering a bit if he could carry the season. Is he still grieving? or just a quiet guy? My next pick for lead would probably be Jonathan. He has swagger and personality and just how his exit was edited made me wonder if he was also in the running. Probably my favorite would be Charles, but I think he might be overwhelmed by all those women...but it would be fun!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Yesterday at 7:13 am

@Sprite, thanks as always for the recap. My cable was out last night, so I was counting on you!

I'm sorry that the date with Mark did not work out. It sounds like she's settled on Chock at this point.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by luvstx Yesterday at 7:22 am

@Norcalgal I'm with Albean on Mark not being a good pick for lead. I don't think he could carry the show. I also think he needs to date more women to feel comfortable committing to someone after losing his wife Denise.

As for who I'd like them to pick....there are many good choices. I need to see more of Guy and to feel more comfortable about his back story to say he's a great pick. But he is very handsome, well spoken, accomplished and very, very kind.

Gary would be a super fun pick though he would be a puddle of tears in between all of his laughter if he was the lead. Jonathon would also be a good lead.

luvstx
luvstx

Back to top Go down

Post by luvstx Yesterday at 7:26 am

And Joan clearly picks Chock. I'm almost glad for the remaining guys that Chock was so possessive of her during the bowling date as they know where they stand now. Remember that they won't see Joan interact with Chock again until the season is over.

On paper, I think Chock is a good pick. I think the reason we are all a bit hesitant on Chock is because he is so laser-focussed on Joan and we haven't really seen him as connected to the other guys as the other guys are to each other. Let's face it, in a regular season, Chock would be the villain and the guys would be much more negative about him. Remember how upset everyone on the last season was on Devin for taking Jenn away all of the time? More mature men realize that it's a two way street and that Joan is clearly into Chock and allows the behavior.
luvstx
luvstx

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Yesterday at 4:31 pm

@luvstx agree with you on Jonathan or Gary being great picks for the next GB. I don't think Charles or Mark would carry the show as well.

As for Chock, I hope he is sincere as I do believe Joan is and I'd hate to see her and her pick break up soon afterwards. I like her idea of spending time with each other in their hometown but not moving in for the foreseeable future. Joan, I believe, has both her mother and MIL to look after so it's more than just her kids keeping her tied to Maryland.

Wasn't it cute in the previews when she was interacting with someone's grandchild who said it was weird seeing her kiss his grandpa?

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5433

Back to top Go down

Post by luvstx Yesterday at 5:23 pm

@Norcalgal that was cute! I think it was Pascal's grandson.
luvstx
luvstx

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Yesterday at 9:26 pm

I don't mind so much that Chock is focused on Joan but he's a little too old school for me and comes across as someone who might want to rule the roost. I don't think Joan would go along with that so perhaps she would be good for him?

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15515

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Golden Bachelorette - Joan Vassos - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+12
Sprite
pavalygurl
Linds911
Fleurdesel
jojo47