SELECT CONTENT

The Golden Bachelorette - Joan Vassos - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Golden Bachelorette - Joan Vassos - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 2 Empty Re: The Golden Bachelorette - Joan Vassos - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Norcalgal Thu Sep 19, 2024 4:33 pm

@Sprite @luvstx @albean99

Watched but fell asleep during the RC! I'll have to rewatch to see who was eliminated and the Gerry thing. I'm loving this cast! They are respectful of each other and not preening too much. The speech that Joan gave before the RC was very endearing - all of you are winners for having put yourself out in an awkward and strange situation! So many charming and gentlemanly men - when everything is done and over, there needs to be a reunion of both Golden casts - would be interesting to see if any matches are made.

I am spoiled and after seeing all the guys last night, Joan's alleged F! wasn't a stand out to me. I'll be interested to see how everything unfolds.

As for any 'work' Joan has had done, it is hard for me to understand her need for it as she seems so lovely as she is. I swim with a woman who's been widowed for almost 10 years. She is so self-conscious about her appearance - sagging chin - and it undermines her confidence with men. When I look at her, I see a very friendly, smiling face. So each to their own. Frankly, would I want someone whose focus is on appearance over other attributes. NO!

Edited to add I just read the media thread and realize who I thought was F1 may not be! So I retract what I said above. If her F1 is the latest report from RS, then I can see it and can't wait to watch their love story unfold. Smiley

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5430

Back to top Go down

The Golden Bachelorette - Joan Vassos - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 2 Empty Re: The Golden Bachelorette - Joan Vassos - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by luvstx Thu Sep 19, 2024 4:49 pm

@Norcalgal I’m with you NorCal!!
luvstx
luvstx

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:41 am

I watched, but was dozing on and off due to my job wearing me out (plus M&G is never my favorite episode.) I was impressed by her group of men. They are nice looking, accomplished, and good conversationalists. I found the guy in the pink jacket (can't remember his name,) to be mildly annoying. Joan picked him last, and I have a feeling he was a producer pick.

I liked a lot of them, but the ones who stood out to me on night one were Mark, Kim (the retired Navy captain,) Jonathan, and Pascal. I personally think that jetting back and forth to Paris with Pascal would be great fun, but I also noticed that a number of the guys like to travel.

Here's a link to pics of the men with some brief bios:

https://people.com/meet-joan-vassos-official-golden-bachelorette-cast-kesley-anderson-dad-8694458

Last edited by Amethyst on Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:46 pm

@Amethyst I noticed that Jack's pink jacket had the label still attached to the left arm! I know some men do this but I consider it a faux pas. Jack is endearing but seems rough around the edges. He's comedic gold, which I'm sure is one reason she gave him a first night rose.

Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:03 pm

I think it was his cooking. laugh out loud

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15511

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:48 pm

Norcalgal wrote:@Amethyst I noticed that Jack's pink jacket had the label still attached to the left arm! I know some men do this but I consider it a faux pas. Jack is endearing but seems rough around the edges. He's comedic gold, which I'm sure is one reason she gave him a first night rose.

I corrected my post above -- meant to say that I liked Kelsey's dad Mark -- not Jack! :D

So Jack is the pink jacket guy. The funny thing is that a colleague of mine came up to me in the hallway today (she knows I watch the Bach series) to tell me that she watched the premiere. She mentioned that in her opinion Jack is not right for Joan but that he might potentially make for great TV. So I told her about the concept of a "producer pick." She is over 60 and Joan Vassos level of good-looking or better (plus accomplished and with interesting family ties,) so I told her to keep the Golden 'Bette in mind! laugh out loud

@Norcalgal, I agree with you about the label still being attached. I guess that Jack is a "fixer upper." But cooking good food is an endearing skill in a man, isn't it?
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:13 pm

@Amethyst I think Jack is very comfortable in his own skin! Remember when he said to Joan "I'll do it my way and you do it your way and if we get together, it will be our way?" Very cute. I don't mind him staying around - he's good natured. Frankly, they all seem to be that way.

Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:18 pm

Norcalgal wrote:@Amethyst I think Jack is very comfortable in his own skin! Remember when he said to Joan "I'll do it my way and you do it your way and if we get together, it will be our way?"  Very cute. I don't mind him staying around - he's good natured. Frankly, they all seem to be that way.

I was reading the latest issue of People (the one with Snoop Dog on the cover,) at the nail salon, and there was a very small piece about Joan. In this article, she stated that she discovered on the show that she has a "type," and that type is "outgoing" and "comfortable in their own skin." So maybe she liked Jack better than I thought!
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Sep 25, 2024 9:19 pm

Second episode has the guys moving into the mansion. The bunk beds are not for some of them since they have knee issues while others have to go to the bathroom 5 times.

The French guy is bugging me already. He doesn't know how to do his laundry and trying to get the other guys to do it. Also the only closet in the room isn't big enough for him...forget the other guys.

They are now getting dressed for the senior prom. LOL...I remember those baby blue tuxes with the ruffled shirts.

OMG...I was supposed to see Taylor Dayne in October here in London. She was supposed to be one of the opening acts for Paula Abdul, but the concert got cancelled.

Jordan had gone out with Taylor Dayne a few years ago and Gary is Tina Turner's godson.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Sep 25, 2024 9:51 pm

Jonathan gets to be prom king since he never went to his prom. He was the only African American in his school and he asked a girl, she accepted and then cancelled. She says she can see them together. I call BS.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Sep 25, 2024 9:57 pm

Chock and Joan have the first single date. They are off to Disney. Not my cup of tea, but they seem to have a good time. They have a nice dinner in the evening and he opens up about losing his fiance. She shares about losing her husband.

He gets the date rose and the fireworks over Disney. I am not a fan of the princess dresses she has had this evening.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Sep 25, 2024 11:03 pm

Golden talent show for the second group date. She read that poem to Gerry during her season's talent show. Winner gets a romantic dinner with Joan.

Dan the PI gets the dinner. He has tremors so did the ribbons they do in rythmic gymnastics. They have a nice chat and he gets the rose.

Joan joins the guys for a BBQ at the mansion.

At the RC Joan gives Mark the first rose.

Jack didn't get a rose. Too bad. He was fun.

Michael, Christopher and Bob also lost out.

Apparently, Joan loses it next week and we get to see Gerry talk her back from the brink.

Other than Joan's M&G dress, I am not a fan of the wardrobe thus far.

I was sorry to see Jack go. He was fun. Joan...not so much. She is flat, if that makes sense. Very one monotone voice, little expression. I don't know if that is her personality or the botox. I am falling asleep watching her.

Right now Celebrity Family Fued is on with the other bettes from her season and Susan is on. How I wish she had been the lead. Such a fun personality.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Golden Bachelorette - Joan Vassos - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+12
mizzoufan
suzq
barbell
Amethyst
Norcalgal