SELECT CONTENT

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion

Page 19 of 36 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 19 Empty Re: The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by bamafan Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:01 pm

Why bash Brooks fan?

bamafan

Back to top Go down

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 19 Empty Re: The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by rosesrREd Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:07 pm

bamafan wrote:Why bash Brooks fan?

I am not sure if your post was directed towards me. However, it does seem that some(not all) Brooks fans have been snarky, and rude to those who do not agree with their point of view. The conversations have been addressing that.
rosesrREd
rosesrREd

Female Posts : 1456

Back to top Go down

Post by bamafan Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:11 pm

I only read a few pages so I'm not sure what is being said. I just think everyone has a right to have a favorite or not.

bamafan

Back to top Go down

Post by LLiza Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:37 pm

bamafan wrote:I only read a few pages so I'm not sure what is being said.  I just think everyone has a right to have  a favorite or not.  

Of course they do. I don't have a problem with those here who have favorites. I don't have one, but it is fine with me if you do!! It all depends on how crazily one-sided they are.

In life, though, I take issue with extremists -- whether it be in regard to politics, social equality, religion, etc. That kind of fanaticism only begs for others to react unfavorably, and I believe that those fanatics know full well that adversarial comments are imminent.

The same occurs here with a silly television game show. When a poster goes too far to the extreme, ugliness is right around the corner.

LLiza

Female Posts : 213

Back to top Go down

Post by misticia Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:46 pm

bamafan wrote:I only read a few pages so I'm not sure what is being said.  I just think everyone has a right to have  a favorite or not.  

ITA with the bolded.  
I think that Chris or Drew are better for Des, and...
...I like to read posts from people who likes more Brooks because they often points interesting things I don't see and it helps me to assemble better some pieces of this puzzle. They may be right that will be Brooks at the end and it's interesting to understand how they built their "favouritism".
...I don't like to read people who use that specific tone "How dare you!" when someone is questionning Brooks behavior and are not ready to accept people with different points of view and trying to silence them.

misticia

Back to top Go down

Post by ImeldaMarcos Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:54 pm

Piper61 wrote:
ImeldaMarcos wrote:
Piper61 wrote:
Ariela wrote:
Piper61 wrote:Is this not a discussion thread? The F1 Spoilers Discussion thread?

Why do we have to classify people as fangirly, haters, realists, sleuthers in these discussions?  Why not just skip over something that you might not agree with and don't feel like discussing if it's going to lead to labeling or on a downward spiral?

We don't share the same opinions all of the time, and we don't view things the same way.  Offering up a different point of view, and standing firm with it is discussing/expressing.  I try to be polite, and if it doesn't come across as polite then I regret that.  But at times it feels like there is a type of bullying that goes on.

In this thread, is discussing the spoilers for F1 and voicing excitement over that not allowed or acceptable discussion?  Is snarking, bashing, and being negative or whatever someone wants to call it the only acceptable forms of expression here?

And you're picking a fight because.....?

I find it easier to state or analyze my point of view without worrying what others think about me.
I'm not picking a fight...that's your misconception.  Am I not allowed to make observations, ask questions?  

:WAVEY: Pretty sure by the rules of this board you are!  bestbud! 
I appreciate you're telling me, yet I am not certain what rule I broke. I will move on from it.

Piper, nononono. I meant you were allowed to speak your opinion by the rules of the board. I am so sorry I did not communicate my thoughts well. I was supporting your statement~bestbud! 

ImeldaMarcos

Back to top Go down

Post by Nativenewyorker Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:12 pm

sydney1 wrote:Remember Roberto it was like he dropped off the face of the earth. If it had not been for a poster who worked for State Farm who saw that he had applied for an insurance license in CA it would have been the same as Brooks.  And believe me Ali was everywhere. .....

As I recall, there was also a photo found of him in Bora Bora looking blissfully happy. I don't know if it was date stamped, but this combined with him getting his insurance license in California were two keys pieces of evidence that he was F1.
Nativenewyorker
Nativenewyorker

Female Posts : 1819

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeepers Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:19 pm

O good grief .. Extremists .. Favoritism .. Fangurlie .. Sophomoric .. High schoolers .. Seen all these descriptors .. Everyone has an opinion .. Just as it should be .. But knocking other posters opinions or how they present them is up to them .. And not kewl... We are all adults here .. With adult opinions .. Respect is supposed to be the name of the game here .. Show some

A bit of grace and a bit of badass
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldie2 Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:19 pm

Jeepers wrote:
Goldie2 wrote:

Yes .. These days there has been a proposal every season since Brad1 days.....  But .. there were significant changes in the contract made for all participants .. With verbage that circumvents any and all situations .. And the consequences spelled out as well .. to the original contract .. Basically they will do what they are told to do .. Period .. It prevents occurrences such as Brad1s out ome from happening again. There is no special
F3 contract .. They know exactly what they are getting into
Jeepers-
I just got word from a very trusted "friend" that said they don't think there is a specific F3 clause.
This information conflicts directly with my original information I received years back, but since I trust this friend implicitly I wanted to amend some things on this for the sake of accuracy.

While I can not say I'm convinced there is NO F3 clause - I can no longer say with 100%
certainty that there IS one now.
:Hugesmile :

Last edited by Goldie2 on Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:02 pm; edited 8 times in total

Goldie2

Back to top Go down

Post by Nativenewyorker Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:20 pm

Ariela wrote:
bilolo wrote:
treschicas wrote:Just read that interview posted with chris harrison...someone asked him about Des saying early on that she loved Brooks...Chris harrison was quick to point out that in the following sentence that Des also said she loved Chris S and then he pointed out she almost said that about Drew too. I think he also admiited maybe they focused on her saying she loved Brooks  a bit also to make whatever happened to her later in the break up more understandable (well I'll have to read that part again). Anyway my point is I think Chris is doing damage control on all the stuff of Des being so in love with Brooks. I think he wants people to know she loves Chris too because I think she does end up with Chris S eventually. Also when someone asked him if Brooks was coming back he kind of stammered and then said it was a possibility but it really didn't sound like Brooks does..but just my opinion from what Chris H. was saying..it was like Chris H was trying to lie but you could tell. I mean at first all Chris H says is the main conflict on part 2 would be what Des was gonna do with the other two guys...he doesn't really emphasize Brooks at all. I just don't think Brooks is coming back or that Des is with him. I am wondering now how these spoilers can say Brooks is F1...I just don't see how it's at all possible.
It's like you never watched the show otherwise you'd know that CH always talks smack, you can't put this much stock about what he's saying, you can use other inputs to make your points but not CH please, he's just doing his job.
I wonder if things do not pant out like the way you think, will you believe CH again ?

CH says whatever he wants to confuse the viewers. He does, however, point out how Brooks was NOT into Des. From the edit, I agree with him. I know we always blame the edit, but  you have to take EVERYTHING into consideration when you critique the bette/bach behavior. Brooks behavior on the Cloud date spoke volumes. He was not into Des. Even if the edit would have shown a love story, you have acknowledge what Brooks' face was saying, you have to....The rest? Maybe Brooks decides to profess UNDYING LOVE and proposes. His reasons and their relationship will be questioned based on the indelible dumpster date.

I don't think Des is feelin it for Chris or Drew. Maybe she closed herself off and concentrated on Brooks. IMO, one week is not enough for any love blossoming, epiphanies, etc.
Based on the hurtful things (I'd call them FREUDIAN SLIPS) that were said during the dumpster date, Des is better of alone and evaluating her behavior for future relationships and marriage.

I think your comment in bold is quite interesting. I never thought of it that way, but I think your use of the term FREUDIAN SLIPS makes a lot of sense. When people are blindsided and become incredibly emotional, then their true feelings can come out. That's why I thought what Des said was so important in that scene. Because it was raw and real. That is the way she felt. She was angry and tried to do a little guilt trip on Brooks, she was devastated as she told him just how much she loved him, then she blurted out how she went on dates with the other guys when she only wanted to be with him. I think it all just came tumbling out.

I do think that Des closed herself off with the other guys and focused on Brooks. She made up her mind early on and that was pretty much it.

Just like I cannot see Brooks coming back in a week and proposing, I also cannot see Des suddenly realizing that she does love either Chris or Drew. I think she's better off alone, but I don't think that's what's going to happen.
Nativenewyorker
Nativenewyorker

Female Posts : 1819

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeepers Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:25 pm

Goldie2 wrote:
Jeepers wrote:
Goldie2 wrote:
Jeepers wrote:
Goldie2 wrote:
Jeepers wrote:

Yes .. These days there has been a proposal every season since Brad1 days.....  But .. there were significant changes in the contract made for all participants .. With verbage that circumvents any and all situations .. And the consequences spelled out as well .. to the original contract .. Basically they will do what they are told to do .. Period .. It prevents occurrences such as Brad1s out ome from happening again. There is no special
F3 contract .. They know exactly what they are getting into
Jeepers-
I just received word from a very trusted "friend"that said they don't think there is a specific F3 clause.

This information conflicts directly with my original information on this years back.
Since my friend now is so credible I wanted to correct my earlier statements on this.

While I'm not convinced entirely there is NO F3 clause, I can't say with certainty that there IS one either:Hugesmile: 

I have absolutely NO doubt .. As I have been saying......:bigsmile:

A bit of grace and a bit of badass
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:39 pm

Biolo.....Chris H does not talk smack (besides maybe exagerrating how shocking or amazing or romantic something is gonna be). He tries to be mr relationship guru....it would be dumb for him to analyze relationships all wrong...who would trust what he says in the future. Chris tries to be right when it comes to relationships so I don't see him talking smack about this kind of stuff.

I have watched this show before and i always read Chris H's blogs to get clues who F1 and it always matches for me. But I guess every person is different and they get different feelings or info from what they read from his blogs. I pick up on certain clues maybe you don't.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 36 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion

+63
SouthernMomOf4
sparkler
Di_ATL
isittrue
lovinlife