SELECT CONTENT

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion

Page 14 of 36 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 25 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by ImeldaMarcos Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:56 pm

Piper61 wrote:
Ariela wrote:
Piper61 wrote:Is this not a discussion thread? The F1 Spoilers Discussion thread?

Why do we have to classify people as fangirly, haters, realists, sleuthers in these discussions?  Why not just skip over something that you might not agree with and don't feel like discussing if it's going to lead to labeling or on a downward spiral?

We don't share the same opinions all of the time, and we don't view things the same way.  Offering up a different point of view, and standing firm with it is discussing/expressing.  I try to be polite, and if it doesn't come across as polite then I regret that.  But at times it feels like there is a type of bullying that goes on.

In this thread, is discussing the spoilers for F1 and voicing excitement over that not allowed or acceptable discussion?  Is snarking, bashing, and being negative or whatever someone wants to call it the only acceptable forms of expression here?

And you're picking a fight because.....?

I find it easier to state or analyze my point of view without worrying what others think about me.
I'm not picking a fight...that's your misconception.  Am I not allowed to make observations, ask questions?  

:WAVEY: Pretty sure by the rules of this board you are! bestbud! 

ImeldaMarcos

Back to top Go down

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by Guest Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:58 pm

BarbB222 wrote:Ok this is weird. I comment under Nutty's post and it transferred to Texaschick twice! What the hey?

Under Nutty's post..

No I  totally get you. I was upset at Des on Monday but who knows what prodding she's undergoing. And oh sure TPTB would have extended time for Brooks if he wanted! If the F3 contract is truth then that answers a lot. If F3 and up have to sign one then no doubt they're being primped by their handlers of how they are THE ONE. They need the drama so will amp up the challenge . Like you, this does make me sad for Chris and Drew. They are sheep led to the slaughter . Des and Brooks are the only result that will make sense . When he proposes it will be on his terms and if he signs that contract it will be his desire not those of mind benders.  Just trying to follow the convo with the info Goldie brought. Thank you btw, Goldie.
It was Texaschick's post. Same avatar as nutty. giggling 

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper61 Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:23 pm

ImeldaMarcos wrote:
Piper61 wrote:
Ariela wrote:
Piper61 wrote:Is this not a discussion thread? The F1 Spoilers Discussion thread?

Why do we have to classify people as fangirly, haters, realists, sleuthers in these discussions?  Why not just skip over something that you might not agree with and don't feel like discussing if it's going to lead to labeling or on a downward spiral?

We don't share the same opinions all of the time, and we don't view things the same way.  Offering up a different point of view, and standing firm with it is discussing/expressing.  I try to be polite, and if it doesn't come across as polite then I regret that.  But at times it feels like there is a type of bullying that goes on.

In this thread, is discussing the spoilers for F1 and voicing excitement over that not allowed or acceptable discussion?  Is snarking, bashing, and being negative or whatever someone wants to call it the only acceptable forms of expression here?

And you're picking a fight because.....?

I find it easier to state or analyze my point of view without worrying what others think about me.
I'm not picking a fight...that's your misconception.  Am I not allowed to make observations, ask questions?  

:WAVEY: Pretty sure by the rules of this board you are!  bestbud! 
I appreciate you're telling me, yet I am not certain what rule I broke. I will move on from it.
Piper61
Piper61

Female Posts : 6364

Back to top Go down

Post by gruder Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:29 pm

[quote="Nativenewyorker"][quote="LLiza"]
Ariela wrote:
draven31 wrote:
Ariela wrote:

Goldie, I'm disappointed....because I totally enjoy analyzing and equal opportunity bashing of the contestants. I do the opposite of what the fangirlies do,  I pick apart their "perceived" issues.

And therein lays the problem.  I've always had a problem with outright bashing.  Now snark on the other hand has always been accepted.

YMMV but I always use the "would I say this to a persons face?" method of snark. I tease my friends , they tease me. I try not to be over the top. Some are uncomfortable with bashing cause we sometimes get family/friends of the cast in here.  Happens every season.  

You call it snark, I call it bashing- semantics.
If you criticize their behavior, fangirls get upset and call you a hater. Some don't have a sense of humor, and start fights.

In analyzing their behavior, I enjoy giving 5 sides to an observation. I don't pick a winner, and I don't get  into fantasy....At the end of the day, it's all good.

Similarly, draven, I watch the show with a "would I put up with this in real life?" stance.  I wouldn't put up with a loser with a supposed girlfriend at home.  I wouldn't put up with some meathead who just wants to be the next bachelor.  I would put up with an uncomfortable 'adjustment' from a guy's chiropractic father if it made my body feel better and if I respected the guy.  I would put up with (and appreciate) guys snarking to me about others who were not 'there for the right reasons'.Rolling Eyes  I might put up with wimpy guys for a while until I figured out if they were straight or not.  But, I would NOT put up with a guy who told me that he didn't love me, would never love me, and doesn't feel anything for me when we are apart...not even if I thought that I loved him (after a couple weeks - laugh out loud) and not even if I were desperate to get engaged and he was guilted into returning.

[b

Well said!

\
bowdown 

I particularly agree with the bolded! Absolutely!  We each have our own boundaries in life, what we will tolerate and what we won't. There is no reason to lose that if someone goes on a reality show.  Also, each person's principles, beliefs, morals are uniquely their own.  We should be able to say what we believe and what we think is right or reasonable without fear of being targeted one more time with the all too convenient "bashing" accusation.

I believe that some here use this term simply because they do not like what someone else has said.

I agree that in real life we all have our standards, that we are unwilling to compromise. But this isn't real life... Anyone can say whatever they want. But for the people that speak so negatively about what they see on this show, really? IMO those that speak about how terrible these people are for what they do and how they are perceived, are judging them on UNREAL situations. This drama is manufactured. It makes no sense to me to think that when you are disagreeing you are "upsetting" an individual's choice for F1. I just don't understand how people equate what they see on their TV as gospel. I realize that we don't know these people, but I don't understand how everyone judges them, with what we are given. Des is given no leeway in these instances, and I'm sure none of us have any idea what she has seen or felt during this whole show.

gruder

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:50 pm

Hotmomma wrote:
misticia wrote:
hberry wrote:What really bothers me is that Des is choosing someone else in just 5 days...this was not in her plans at all. It throws everything off having Brooks gone...now tell me, do ya'll think she's going to make thoughtful desition ? I can imagine her trying to make it work with Chris , and Drew is not having it, one foot in one foot out kind of thing. I personally think that it's over with Drew, but she regrets it...THATH would be shocking..

Your post makes me think about a really weird thing : maybe there will not be one return (Brooks) but two (Drew). I was wondering why magazine's covers are about Brooks and Drew if they were alternativly F3. This could be the answer.

FYI Drew's father and mother seem to just arrive in CA (for the ATFR airing ?).
Thanks now we need to see who else shows up,..I mean the families..
Isn't the F1 families normally there for the ATFR?

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10817

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:03 pm

latergator wrote:
Hotmomma wrote:
misticia wrote:
hberry wrote:What really bothers me is that Des is choosing someone else in just 5 days...this was not in her plans at all. It throws everything off having Brooks gone...now tell me, do ya'll think she's going to make thoughtful desition ? I can imagine her trying to make it work with Chris , and Drew is not having it, one foot in one foot out kind of thing. I personally think that it's over with Drew, but she regrets it...THATH would be shocking..

Your post makes me think about a really weird thing : maybe there will not be one return (Brooks) but two (Drew). I was wondering why magazine's covers are about Brooks and Drew if they were alternativly F3. This could be the answer.

omg... batten down the hatches when Brooks family starts showing up in droves... that will be a sight to see cantstopl
Well, doesn't the F1 family always show up for the ATFR? So if we hear nothing about Brooks family showing up, what does that mean?

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10817

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotmomma Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:06 pm

Aunties_Love wrote:
Hotmomma wrote:
misticia wrote:

Isn't the F1 families normally there for the ATFR?
Yes..
Hotmomma
Hotmomma

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeepers Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:23 pm

Goldie2 wrote:
Jeepers wrote:
Goldie2 wrote:
Jeepers wrote:Unless it is brand new .. There is no F3 contract
It's not brand new - It started after Brad's season when he was the Bach the first time and chose no one . this measure was put in place to guarantee a proposal at the end .
The final 3 guys have to sign saying they'll propose - happens right after HTD's when they get back they have to sign it.

As I said.......

Well, sadly it is true.  Maybe you are unaware of it, Jeepers.
What makes the clause worse is that the runner up has to pick out a ring and propose- only to be dumped right after.
Seems unusually cruel.

Curious -Can anyone remember a season after Brad's original that didn't end in a proposal ?

Yes .. These days there has been a proposal every season since Brad1 days..... But .. there were significant changes in the contract made for all participants .. With verbage that circumvents any and all situations .. And the consequences spelled out as well .. to the original contract .. Basically they will do what they are told to do .. Period .. It prevents occurrences such as Brad1s out ome from happening again. There is no special
F3 contract .. They know exactly what they are getting into

A bit of grace and a bit of badass
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:30 pm

So, they do have to propose?

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeepers Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:31 pm

They "agree" under contract .. To do what they are told

A bit of grace and a bit of badass
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:34 pm

Jeepers wrote:They "agree" under contract .. To do what they are told

Then I really don't get why people go on this show! That's just plain crazy.
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:35 pm

Aunties_Love wrote:
latergator wrote:
Hotmomma wrote:
misticia wrote:

omg... batten down the hatches when Brooks family starts showing up in droves... that will be a sight to see cantstopl
Well, doesn't the F1 family always show up for the ATFR?  So if we hear nothing about Brooks family showing up, what does that mean?

That maybe those people on tv weren't really his family?? giggling Maybe he is really an only child orphan and those people were rent-a-wrecks! 👅 

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 36 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 25 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion

+63
SouthernMomOf4
sparkler
Di_ATL
isittrue
lovinlife