SELECT CONTENT

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion

Page 12 of 36 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 24 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by Guest Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:05 pm

LLiza wrote:
Ariela wrote:
draven31 wrote:
Ariela wrote:

Goldie, I'm disappointed....because I totally enjoy analyzing and equal opportunity bashing of the contestants. I do the opposite of what the fangirlies do,  I pick apart their "perceived" issues.

And therein lays the problem.  I've always had a problem with outright bashing.  Now snark on the other hand has always been accepted.

YMMV but I always use the "would I say this to a persons face?" method of snark. I tease my friends , they tease me. I try not to be over the top. Some are uncomfortable with bashing cause we sometimes get family/friends of the cast in here.  Happens every season.  

You call it snark, I call it bashing- semantics.
If you criticize their behavior, fangirls get upset and call you a hater. Some don't have a sense of humor, and start fights.

In analyzing their behavior, I enjoy giving 5 sides to an observation. I don't pick a winner, and I don't get  into fantasy....At the end of the day, it's all good.

Similarly, draven, I watch the show with a "would I put up with this in real life?" stance.  I wouldn't put up with a loser with a supposed girlfriend at home.  I wouldn't put up with some meathead who just wants to be the next bachelor.  I would put up with an uncomfortable 'adjustment' from a guy's chiropractic father if it made my body feel better and if I respected the guy.  I would put up with (and appreciate) guys snarking to me about others who were not 'there for the right reasons'.Rolling Eyes  I might put up with wimpy guys for a while until I figured out if they were straight or not.  But, I would NOT put up with a guy who told me that he didn't love me, would never love me, and doesn't feel anything for me when we are apart...not even if I thought that I loved him (after a couple weeks - laugh out loud) and not even if I were desperate to get engaged and he was guilted into returning.

If I wouldn't allow something here in real life, I feel free to state that...and I don't consider that to be bashing nor snarking.

I enjoy y'alls posts. The board would not be the same without posters like you. Once the season is over, there will be a fan thread and a discussion thread and it won't be a problem.

Back to top Go down

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by Kashathediva Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:11 pm

Ariela wrote:"Why are you disappointed ?
Because the show is so produced and manipulated?" by Goldie

Goldie,
Yup, I enjoy picking apart peoples' psyche.
It's one thing if the producers say go talk to her about such and such, but if it's all a big set up, I'm knocking myself up for noting. Ok, I'm playing.

On another note: here many of us discussing how it's ridiculous to propose at the end of this show, and here Goldie is saying that they
have to per contract.

I guess if they sign up for their 15 minutes of fame, and they make believe, then they deserve to get burned, and be bashed by me. 😆

Yep!! No one forced any of the cast to sign up for this. Most come out with networking or greater learning experience in one area of life or another (professional or personal), so they are ahead of the game. This is just the price they pay as far as I'm concerned.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:14 pm

LLiza wrote:
Ariela wrote:
draven31 wrote:
Ariela wrote:

Goldie, I'm disappointed....because I totally enjoy analyzing and equal opportunity bashing of the contestants. I do the opposite of what the fangirlies do,  I pick apart their "perceived" issues.

And therein lays the problem.  I've always had a problem with outright bashing.  Now snark on the other hand has always been accepted.

YMMV but I always use the "would I say this to a persons face?" method of snark. I tease my friends , they tease me. I try not to be over the top. Some are uncomfortable with bashing cause we sometimes get family/friends of the cast in here.  Happens every season.  

If you criticize their behavior, fangirls get upset and call you a hater. Some don't have a sense of humor, and start fights.

In analyzing their behavior, I enjoy giving 5 sides to an observation. I don't pick a winner, and I don't get  into fantasy....At the end of the day, it's all good.

Similarly, draven, I watch the show with a "would I put up with this in real life?" stance.  I wouldn't put up with a loser with a supposed girlfriend at home.  I wouldn't put up with some meathead who just wants to be the next bachelor.  I would put up with an uncomfortable 'adjustment' from a guy's chiropractic father if it made my body feel better and if I respected the guy.  I would put up with (and appreciate) guys snarking to me about others who were not 'there for the right reasons'.Rolling Eyes  I might put up with wimpy guys for a while until I figured out if they were straight or not.  But, I would NOT put up with a guy who told me that he didn't love me, would never love me, and doesn't feel anything for me when we are apart...not even if I thought that I loved him (after a couple weeks - laugh out loud) and not even if I were desperate to get engaged and he was guilted into returning.

If I wouldn't allow something here in real life, I feel free to state that...and I don't consider that to be bashing nor snarking.

Agree. I am pretty much call a spade a spade girl myself.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldie2 Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:19 pm

Ariela wrote:"Why are you disappointed ?
Because the show is so produced and manipulated?" by Goldie

Goldie,
Yup, I enjoy picking apart peoples' psyche.
It's one thing if the producers say go talk to her about such and such, but if it's all a big set up, I'm knocking myself up for noting. Ok, I'm playing.

On another note: here many of us discussing how it's ridiculous to propose at the end of this show, and here Goldie is saying that they
have to per contract.

I guess if they sign up for their 15 minutes of fame, and they make believe, then they deserve to get burned, and be bashed by me. 😆
I agree-
It's completely ridiculous to propose after 11 weeks of dating multiple men on a reality TV show, having 3 1-1 dates , and  very little alone time together.
These couples don't really know one another to make that kind of lifelong commitment.

But unfortunately it's what is required for the F3 guys-they must sign the contract which says they will propose.

Last edited by Goldie2 on Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Goldie2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:26 pm

Kashathediva wrote:
LLiza wrote:
Ariela wrote:
draven31 wrote:
Ariela wrote:

Agree. I am pretty much call a spade a spade girl myself.

Yes kasha I am that kind of person too but sad to some get banned for it and some don't.

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldie2 Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:55 pm

Jeepers wrote:Unless it is brand new .. There is no F3 contract
It's not brand new - It started after Brad's season when he was the Bach the first time and chose no one . this measure was put in place to guarantee a proposal at the end .
The final 3 guys have to sign saying they'll propose - happens right after HTD's when they get back they have to sign it.

Goldie2

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye_Fan Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:00 pm

You sound like you are in the know. If the spoilers are right, I was glad to hear about the F3 contract. It made sense then that Brooks could take so much time to decide he didn't feel enough for Des to continue on, just to turn around and change his mind - possibly because she told him she loved him. For him to have that big of a change of heart after so much deliberation and for her to take him back to for them to be engaged made no sense. Just as it made no sense to the Bres fans that Des could turn around and decide to become engaged to one of the "remaining men."

So, what is it? For those who say there is a F3 contract, how is that known? Or is it just speculation?

The sad thing is, if it's true and the spoilers are also true, the contract has worked out VERY well for MF. He finally got the most dramatic finale ever.

Buckeye_Fan

Female Posts : 665

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:10 pm

Buckeye_Fan wrote:

You sound like you are in the know.  If the spoilers are right, I was glad to hear about the F3 contract.  It made sense then that Brooks could take so much time to decide he didn't feel enough for Des to continue on, just to turn around and change his mind - possibly because she told him she loved him.  For him to have that big of a change of heart after so much deliberation and for her to take him back to for them to be engaged made no sense.  Just as it made no sense to the Bres fans that Des could turn around and decide to become engaged to one of the "remaining men."

So, what is it?  For those who say there is a F3 contract, how is that known?  Or is it just speculation?

The sad thing is, if it's true and the spoilers are also true, the contract has worked out VERY well for MF.  He finally got the most dramatic finale ever.

I am trying to remember CH's comments in the media I know he said they could have given Brooks more time to decide but did he ever insinuate they could have just dated and not get engaged. I really think getting engaged at the end was the issue not Des. If so, I think the contract may be correct, they could give him time but he still had to propose.

That convo shown with CH and Brooks was just too chopped to know what really happened/what was said.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper61 Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:11 pm

draven31 wrote:
Ariela wrote:

YMMV but I always use the "would I say this to a persons face?" method of snark. I tease my friends , they tease me.
I try not to be over the top. Some are uncomfortable with bashing cause we sometimes get family/friends of the cast in here.  Happens every season.  
Word.  If I was prepared to say things to a person's face in such an unpleasant way, then I guess to continue doing that here would seem acceptable to me.
Piper61
Piper61

Female Posts : 6364

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper61 Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:26 pm

Is this not a discussion thread? The F1 Spoilers Discussion thread?

Why do we have to classify people as fangirly, haters, realists, sleuthers in these discussions? Why not just skip over something that you might not agree with and don't feel like discussing if it's going to lead to labeling or on a downward spiral?

We don't share the same opinions all of the time, and we don't view things the same way. Offering up a different point of view, and standing firm with it is discussing/expressing. I try to be polite, and if it doesn't come across as polite then I regret that. But at times it feels like there is a type of bullying that goes on.

In this thread, is discussing the spoilers for F1 and voicing excitement over that not allowed or acceptable discussion? Is snarking, bashing, and being negative or whatever someone wants to call it the only acceptable forms of expression here?

Piper61
Piper61

Female Posts : 6364

Back to top Go down

Post by latergator Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:41 pm

thinking about the f3 clause... Des would be unaware of that, didn't she leave at F4 on Sean's season? so all this time that she has been understanding where Brooks was, how he didn't need to tell her certain things because she totally understood, she had been there herself. but this break-up, this she would not have anticipated because she knows nothing about that.  Des asked Brooks, you were so certain on the htd, what happened. he tried to explain as best as any man can but couldn't get out to her what the road block was.

drumming my fingers here in frustration for the two of them The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 12 Tappingfingers_zpsa6ff114c
latergator
latergator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariela Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:19 pm

Piper61 wrote:Is this not a discussion thread? The F1 Spoilers Discussion thread?

Why do we have to classify people as fangirly, haters, realists, sleuthers in these discussions?  Why not just skip over something that you might not agree with and don't feel like discussing if it's going to lead to labeling or on a downward spiral?

We don't share the same opinions all of the time, and we don't view things the same way.  Offering up a different point of view, and standing firm with it is discussing/expressing.  I try to be polite, and if it doesn't come across as polite then I regret that.  But at times it feels like there is a type of bullying that goes on.

In this thread, is discussing the spoilers for F1 and voicing excitement over that not allowed or acceptable discussion?  Is snarking, bashing, and being negative or whatever someone wants to call it the only acceptable forms of expression here?

And you're picking a fight because.....?

I find it easier to state or analyze my point of view without worrying what others think about me.

Ariela

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 36 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 24 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion

+63
SouthernMomOf4
sparkler
Di_ATL
isittrue
lovinlife