SELECT CONTENT

Juan Pablo Galavis - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Juan Pablo Galavis - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 36 Empty Re: Juan Pablo Galavis - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by nutty1 Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:21 pm

eirekay wrote::hidingchair I actually get some of Andi's anger.  If you woke up the next morning and realized you had just done the deed with someone who showed zero interest in knowing you as a real person, you might be pissed.  The walk of shame isn't a pleasant thing.  Certainly, TPTB amped it up, and maybe the anger should be directed towards them but come on - JP didn't even know that Andi was Jewish.  

The scene of Andi walking away after the FS night kinda brought home how sleazy the FS dates are.  You spend the night and then are summarily dismissed the next morning while your date gets ready to take someone else out. No es bueno.

I don't think she did.

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Juan Pablo Galavis - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 36 Empty Re: Juan Pablo Galavis - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by ImeldaMarcos Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:13 pm

Wow,JuanPa did not know the Dofrman might be a Jewish surname??

ImeldaMarcos

Back to top Go down

Post by eliza3 Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:03 pm

Clearly she knew he was not interested in asking /learning more about her background. So she wants him to be different than who he is and when he isn't she gets angry? If she didn't like the way he acts she should have left. I don't know if she did the deed or not, but to be angry because she doesn't like who he is - then just don't date him. No need for such drama! If she can be that manipulated by TPTB then I'm not sure the next season is going to be that great either - manufactured drama
eliza3
eliza3

Back to top Go down

Post by eirekay Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:13 pm

eliza3 wrote:Clearly she knew he was not interested in asking /learning more about her background. So she wants him to be different than who he is and when he isn't she gets angry?

Remember, these girls are in the "Bachelor Bubble" where they eat, drink and think about JP 24/7. I think that bubble was burst when JP mentioned his overnight with Clare. Or when he told her he nearly cut her at HTD.
eirekay
eirekay

Back to top Go down

Post by deeliciouz Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:47 pm

eirekay wrote::hidingchair I actually get some of Andi's anger.  If you woke up the next morning and realized you had just done the deed with someone who showed zero interest in knowing you as a real person, you might be pissed.  The walk of shame isn't a pleasant thing.  Certainly, TPTB amped it up, and maybe the anger should be directed towards them but come on - JP didn't even know that Andi was Jewish.  

The scene of Andi walking away after the FS night kinda brought home how sleazy the FS dates are.  You spend the night and then are summarily dismissed the next morning while your date gets ready to take someone else out. No es bueno.

I thought Andi was Catholic.

---
I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles. - Audrey Hepburn
:sprinklehearts
Juan Pablo Galavis - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 36 8554319625_3737a89572_tJuan Pablo Galavis - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 36 8555428414_13183c9699_tJuan Pablo Galavis - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 36 8555428450_fee0585c93_tJuan Pablo Galavis - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 36 8554319581_bc2fce6132_t
deeliciouz
deeliciouz

Female Posts : 959

Back to top Go down

Post by eliza3 Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:53 pm

eirekay wrote:
eliza3 wrote:Clearly she knew he was not interested in asking /learning more about her background. So she wants him to be different than who he is and when he isn't she gets angry?

Remember, these girls are in the "Bachelor Bubble" where they eat, drink and think about JP 24/7.  I think that bubble was burst when JP mentioned his overnight with Clare.  Or when he told her he nearly cut her at HTD.

I remember they are in the "bubble" but Andi is also trained to think analytically. I have a hard time believing that she loses all of her reasoning because she is in the "bubble".
eliza3
eliza3

Back to top Go down

Post by eirekay Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:56 pm

deeliciouz wrote:I thought Andi was Catholic.

Per this January 13, 2014 article, Andi is Jewish:
http://dailyentertainmentnews.com/tv/andi-dorfman-atlanta-federal-prosecutor-the-bachelor-season-18-contestant/

Last edited by eirekay on Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mispelling)
eirekay
eirekay

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:00 pm

I consider myself educated and I didn't know Dorfman to be a jewish surname. Andi to me seemed very Italian, so I would have thought she was Catholic.

Just as I would have thought that JPG being South American was Catholic.

stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Newto Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:07 pm

Based on her father's name, I believe he is Jewish. However, her mother's maiden name is Patti Smith which I doubt is Jewish. She may have converted, but none of us is privy to that information.

I clearly heard Andi say she is a Catholic. The article cited above only says "we were told the family is Jewish." Andi, however, may have gone off in another direction. In the final analysis, I don't think it matters one bit. JMHO.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:43 pm

Columbia, MD wrote:Based on her father's name, I believe he is Jewish.  However, her mother's maiden name is Patti Smith which I doubt is Jewish.  She may have converted, but none of us is privy to that information.

I clearly heard Andi say she is a Catholic.  The article cited above only says "we were told the family is Jewish."  Andi, however, may have gone off in another direction.  In the final analysis, I don't think it matters one bit.  JMHO.

I believe Andi was answering JP when he asked her if she knows his religion. She didn't say what hers was.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15493

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:48 pm

^^ EXACTLY. She clearly said she was "Jewish" and then when JP asked whether she knows what HIS religion is, she said "Catholic".

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Female Posts : 3024

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:04 am

I have missed a couple of days and am just catching up to all the "drama" that was manufactured for our viewing pleasure...or in my case, not. Here is my take...sorry for the length.

Andy was not into JPab. I would venture to guess, she knew that a while ago. She is friends with Sharleen who was having similar issues with JPab and I have no doubt that they discussed it.

Andi had been talking to producers telling them her dilemma...just as Sharleen had. Producers have been stroking her, telling her how well she was doing and that she had a good chance at being the next Bette....hence getting her to stay longer so she would be considered.

JPab had been p*ssing off producers by not playing the game...I don't think he even knew the game or how it was played...Silly boy.

Sharleen left. Hometown dates were done. Andi couldn't stay any longer and be considered to be the next star...they don't want her picked (like Emily) or be the rejected, weeping F2. Time for the show. They prep her for the FD...what to ask, highlighting things she had issues with etc.

After the FD, they got her to talk more and more about how it all went, how she was feeling, how he treated her. Asking more and more leading questions, getting her more and more angry at JPab and how he treated her and other women and then "suggest" that nobody has ever dumped the Bachelor after the FD. It would be so dramatic....great for a new, independent, smart Bette....and off she goes! Literally and figuratively. Great drama and set up for next season. Scr*w JPab...we are done with him. Moving on.

While I did not want him as the lead, think he is shallow, self absorbed and never had any intention of finding himself a wife...he isn't that different than most of them. He doesn't like drama...but that is hardly a crime. He wants everyone to be happy and dance! Again, not a crime. He doesn't spend much time conversing and just wants to make out. Fairly typical guy. I do think there was more conversation going on than we were shown...perhaps not scintillating discourse, but typical banter from someone who didn't care all that much and was going through the polite motions.

On the other hand, I do think there were several ladies that he did like...Renee, Sharleen, Nikki and Clare...the latter three, he was also attracted to. I think much of the negative stuff coming now from the other women, comes from those that he really had no interest in and made no effort to get to know. Bit of getting their knickers in a knot because they felt dissed. Andi, on the other hand, was all in lawyer attack/audition mode. (I don't think she slept with him...because she just wasn't into him and knew she was leaving.) She wanted confrontation, she wanted drama and got ticked off that she wasn't getting it. She became just as self centered as JPab...and producers no doubt encouraged her every step of the way...telling her how great she was...just as I'm sure they pumped into his head when they were gearing him up for all of this, before everything went south.

I was not impressed by Andi. In fact, I thought she came off as a self righteous, royal b*tch. Sharleen did what she did without the self righteousness and with class and I believe with genuine feelings for Jpab. I found nothing wrong with what he said. Typical guy. You don't want me. OK. If I was breaking up with someone, I would welcome his behaviour...I wouldn't have to feel guilty for hurting him. But that wasn't enough for her. She wanted her pound of flesh since she felt disrespected because he didn't wait to find out enough about her before sticking his tongue down her throat. Well, then perhaps she shouldn't have let him or dragged him to that kitchen to stick her tongue down his throat or gotten naked on the photo shoot!

For all his faults and as much as I may not be his biggest fan, I do think JPab tried to be as honest as he could be under the circumstances. He kept his make outs to a minimum amount of women. I don't think he enjoyed having to eliminate anyone. Even if he is not the smartest man, I think he was smart enough to see which way the tide was turning and was attempting as much as he could to give them as little to work with as he could. Silly guy just didn't know any better. He thought he had this in the bag...meet and make out with 27 women, travel, get some clothes, some perks, maybe some acting/modelling gigs and a paycheck...producers love me. He forgot that they can build you up, but they can tear you down even faster! Andi should remember that...

Last edited by Sprite on Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:50 am; edited 1 time in total

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Juan Pablo Galavis - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion

+99
Longhornfan
jlccaz
notarose
eirekay
Maddy