SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Page 67 of 79 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 73 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2 - Page 67 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Post by Cila51290 Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:23 pm

@ReneeM Greece!
Cila51290
Cila51290

Female Posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2 - Page 67 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Post by Guest Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:23 pm

Going from an eating disorder to all of those accolades is very impressive. Not easy to do! And apparently he was a strength coach too according to the slideshow posted earlier. Strength coaches with sports teams play an integral role in the rehabilitation process.

Also, some girl reached out to him for training, this was his response. https://twitter.com/kendallfleming/status/873415369553199104

I'm glad to see that he speaks with each client and personally invests in their health and wellbeing. Good guy! All JMO

Last edited by GetUpGirl on Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:28 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by brownravens Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:23 pm

@ReneeM He said he lived in Athens for 3 months
brownravens
brownravens

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:25 pm

Do you have to have qualifications to be passionate about something though? I basically took that to mean he enjoys helping people lose weight and helping people get back to health. Not that he's about to start diagnosing them. JMO.

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2 - Page 67 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by jjjami Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:26 pm

ReneeM wrote:As far as I know, none of what he listed is fake. All of the things listed above is easily google-able. I just googled all of them, they're real. So he hasn't misrepresented himself at all. His passions are weight loss (as someone with an associate degree in dietetics, I think he would know the healthy ways in which to lose weight) and injury rehab, as far as I know, your trainer can consult with your physician and come up with a plan for rehab. So he actually wouldn't necessarily need additional or special training.

His travels aren't just california and wisconsin, considering at some point he lived in Chicago and Europe (can't remember what country).

This!  :claphands

#TeamBigRach
#TeamPeter

jjjami

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:29 pm

@bleuberry it's the injury rehab that gets me. I have friends that are physical therapists with years of schooling that work in this and they have seen more than one instance where people such as Peter have made the injury worse not better as they didn't know what they were doing. Sorry not saying he is a bad guy but hat is sketchy to me.

Team Sluething :detective

Sorry for typos...my iPad likes to think it knows what I want to say.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:32 pm

I don't see how this is any more impressive than any other person who has had an eating disorder. Many people suffer eating disorders and overcome them, many, many, many. They all go onto lead productive lives.

Peter is a nice guy, he is a trainer who helps design meal plans for people, similar to what tons of people made fun of Shawn B for. Most personal trainers if you offer them extra money will make a meal plan for you, I know when I joined the gym here in Knoxville, my trainer offered to make me a meal plan too and required payment too. He isn't giving this away, I bet he charges for it all in advance. So yeah, good guy, making a living, no more, no less. IMO.

And if you want to work in injury rehabilitation you can spend more time and get either a Physical Therapist Assistant associates or a PT doctorate. PTA is a two year degree, but the big difference is you have to take a licensing exam.

I have no problem with him advertising that he is into weight loss, especially given his history, but if he really is into injury rehabilitation he has not followed the education to prove it.

All JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:33 pm

I can not imagine any physician interrupting any part of his busy day to talk to a personal trainer regarding any part someone's personal training because they are not qualified for rehab. Rehab would be done via PT. Period.
They have a busy enough time taking calls from pharmacy, labs and other doctors and nurses and trying to get back to their own patients without trying to educate others, not to mention HIPPA formalities.
He has no education in rehab. No PT. No OT. No Nursing. How could he possibly educated in injury rehab? Being certified as a personal trainer does not equate or come close to those things.
I am not even going to debate the knowledge involved with a 2 yr program when dealing with general requirements and then special requirements. Anyone involved in health care will readily know its rudimentary at best.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:39 pm

But he doesn't list education in rehab or PT or OT. He literally just calls it a passion, or am I missing something?

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2 - Page 67 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:39 pm

I've always loved Shawn B. I've never said anyone is more or less impressive. I feel like I'm being attacked for liking Peter and not liking Bryan tbh. My criticism of Bryan is about Bryan and the bad vibe I get from him. My praise of Peter is just about the good vibe I get from him. JMO.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:42 pm

Love what Shawn B is doing too and if City Strong comes to Toronto I'm totally there laugh out loud.

bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:43 pm

bleuberry wrote:But he doesn't list education in rehab or PT or OT. He literally just calls it a passion, or am I missing something?

If you are looking at his website and don't know better you may think he can help. If you are injured I think it's misleading at best. If you call in and he claims he can help that's even worse.

It's similar imho to the teas Bryan used to sell (it appears he quit months prior to the show filming). Not the end of the world but a bit sketchy.

All imo

Team Sluething :detective

Sorry for typos...my iPad likes to think it knows what I want to say.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 67 of 79 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 73 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

+75
Marginwalker
MiracleSeason
composer53
nd4reality
MVMom39forever
Lawkid
clhouse
Mia_Leoni
Just Looking
Loulou
gramercypark10