SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Page 68 of 79 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 73 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2 - Page 68 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Post by moviechicka Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:47 pm

Call me crazy, but he could also mean helping people who have had physical injuries develop a work out plan to get back into exercising post rehabilitation. IMO That would be something a trainer would be qualified to do. Many people get out of shape after injuries. They may be done with the necessary physical therapy, but still find it difficult to get back into the gym. Peter may take a special interest in helping those people. IMO

Everything is IMO

moviechicka

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2 - Page 68 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Post by Kashathediva Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:48 pm

bleuberry wrote:But he doesn't list education in rehab or PT or OT. He literally just calls it a passion, or am I missing something?

You're right he doesn't list these things as being qualified. The wording IMO is misleading. It's the way he words things is my issue.
I have no issue with what he does. It's great having your own business and wanting to help others and being pro health.
I spent most of my life working day in and day out doing menial tasks side by side with low income wage earners because that is what I did. I don't have issues with a hard days work for an honest day's pay.
I simply don't believe he is qualified for some of what he implies.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:50 pm

Tiggerlgh wrote:
bleuberry wrote:But he doesn't list education in rehab or PT or OT. He literally just calls it a passion, or am I missing something?

If you are looking at his website and don't know better you may think he can help. If you are injured   I think it's misleading at best.  If you call in and he claims he can help that's even worse.  

It's similar imho to the teas Bryan used to sell (it appears he quit months prior to the show filming).  Not the end of the world but a bit sketchy.

All imo

I personally find it worse than the teas. Tea might give you diarrhea, but otherwise it is probably harmless. An uneducated person who tries to rehab an injury improperly can cause long term injury and block the ability to regain function.

I am not trying to attack anyone, but I actually worked for a PT in high school and just finished at a health sciences university who trains professionals in PT, they go three years of schooling and training to be a PT and get their doctorate. They actually do rotations in hospital and with other licensed therapists. A PT Assistant is only allowed to work under a licensed PT or a licensed medical doctors direction. They work hard and get a lot of training to do what they do. So it is not okay for a person who has no training to represent himself as if he does.

This is all my opinion.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by jjjami Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:50 pm

ReneeM wrote:I've always loved Shawn B. I've never said anyone is more or less impressive. I feel like I'm being attacked for liking Peter and not liking Bryan tbh. My criticism of Bryan is about Bryan and the bad vibe I get from him. My praise of Peter is just about the good vibe I get from him. JMO.

Girl no worries! I'm team Peter too. Still don't like Bryan. 
Just like you, my instincts, my gut and what I've seen/learned about both of them have formed my opinions about them. Smiley

#TeamBigRach
#TeamPeter

jjjami

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:53 pm

@moviechicka Actually most of the licensed PTs I have known will help the person overall move back into exercise, it is part of the therapy. I know my PT who worked with me for six months to get me walking from severe sciatica actually worked with me on overall exercise scheme, because it was important for the rest of my body to be healthy so I didn't injure another area in trying to over do or compensate for the injured area. There is training that goes into that as well.

JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:59 pm

moviechicka wrote:Call me crazy, but he could also mean helping people who have had physical injuries develop a work out plan to get back into exercising post rehabilitation. IMO That would be something a trainer would be qualified to do. Many people get out of shape after injuries. They may be done with the necessary physical therapy, but still find it difficult to get back into the gym. Peter may take a special interest in helping those people. IMO

I don't know how it is where you are geographically, but I just finished intensive physical therapy for broken leg. After __________ amount of time I saw a DPT(doctor in physical therapy) 3 times a week for 2 hours each session for 12 weeks. It was like a freaking job. They gave me my exercises. That was my care plan. My orthopedist told me under no circumstances to take directive for my rehab from anyone other than himself guided by his team and the rehab department until fully healed. Once you are healed....you are healed. I can do anything now and do with in reason.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by moviechicka Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:08 am

@Kashathediva That's not what I was implying. You heal from the injuries, but that has little to do with wanting to get back into a workout routine. I had to have surgery on my knee in high school and I was a soccer player. I went through rehab and completed everything I needed medically, but it was emotionally difficult for me to train again for whatever reasons. That had nothing to do with the injury. It had everything to do with finding a workout plan that worked for me and didn't make me feel self conscious about being out of shape. That is something a personal trainer can help with. Maybe he shouldn't have used the word rehab because that seems the point of contention, but I would assume most people in actual rehab would recognize that they need to consult a physical therapist. IMO

Everything is IMO

moviechicka

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:11 am

moviechicka wrote:@Kashathediva That's not what I was implying. You heal from the injuries, but that has little to do with wanting to get back into a workout routine. I had to have surgery on my knee in high school and I was a soccer player. I went through rehab and completed everything I needed medically, but it was emotionally difficult for me to train again for whatever reasons. That had nothing to do with the injury. It had everything to do with finding a workout plan that worked for me and didn't make me feel self conscious about being out of shape. That is something a personal trainer can help with. Maybe he shouldn't have used the word rehab because that seems the point of contention, but I would assume most people in actual rehab would recognize that they need to consult a physical therapist. IMO

YES! That is the point of contention! Exactly. Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2 - Page 68 4256136633
BINGO.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:12 am

@moviechicka I think the problem is that a lot of people are afraid of doctors and medical stuff and would look for the less scary solution. I think injury rehabilitation on his or Worth's website is very misleading. JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:35 am

Peter brings his experience and education to work in his training. Peter Graduated from Madison College in 2010 at the top of his class, finishing their Dietetics program. Peter is CPR/AED certified and is a certified ISSA Personal Trainer.

source https://www.patsgym.com/knowledge/meet-peter-kraus-another-experienced-coach-at-pats-gym/

Last edited by Ladybug82 on Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : font size)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:53 am

Max64 wrote:Peter brings his experience and education to work in his training. Peter Graduated from Madison College in 2010 at the top of his class, finishing their Dietetics program. Peter is CPR/AED certified and is a certified ISSA Personal Trainer.

source https://www.patsgym.com/knowledge/meet-peter-kraus-another-experienced-coach-at-pats-gym/

Thanks. That adds to my case. You can get CPR/AED certified online now-a-days. It costs about 20 bucks and takes 1 hour to do the course.
link
Peter did great. No doubt about it. He attended Madison Tech College and got a 2 yr associates degree.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by gramercypark10 Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:52 am

stuckinsc wrote:
Tiggerlgh wrote:

If you are looking at his website and don't know better you may think he can help. If you are injured   I think it's misleading at best.  If you call in and he claims he can help that's even worse.  

It's similar imho to the teas Bryan used to sell (it appears he quit months prior to the show filming).  Not the end of the world but a bit sketchy.

All imo

I personally find it worse than the teas. Tea might give you diarrhea, but otherwise it is probably harmless. An uneducated person who tries to rehab an injury improperly can cause long term injury and block the ability to regain function.  

I am not trying to attack anyone, but I actually worked for a PT in high school and just finished at a health sciences university who trains professionals in PT, they go three years of schooling and training to be a PT and get their doctorate. They actually do rotations in hospital and with other licensed therapists.  A PT Assistant is only allowed to work under a licensed PT or a licensed medical doctors direction.  They work hard and get a lot of training to do what they do.  So it is not okay for a person who has no training to represent himself as if he does.  

This is all my opinion.

Not exactly. This is a long post but I thought I would explain what's in the tea and supplements being sold. . As I said in another post I've been in the alternative/ natural medicine industry for the last 6 years and I do not know any self respecting chiro that would sell detox teas from a pyramid scheme such as these to anyone. Without being a naturopath or Chinese herbalist, selling these products isn't recommended. Many of the ingredients in the detox drops and the tea such as ginger sound harmless but however, knowing people who want to drop weight can also have diabetes and hypertension, ginger can increase cortisol. This will increase both sugar and blood pressure levels. But the drops are actually more disturbing as they have sheeps thyroid extract and bladderwack or fucus, both stimulate the thyroid, but this is only necessary if you have hypothyroidism. If you have normal thyroid function, this will accelerate it leaving you with racing heart, and a number of other problems such as lack of sleep, increased appetite, lethargy and hair loss. The thyroid and adrenals also work hand in hand and if you stimulate one, you need to balance the other. This concoction doesn't do that unfortunately. Green tea extract can also strip you of iron. Also for anyone who has undertaken a detox or cleanse particularly for the first time, you will know you will experience Herxheimer Reaction which is candida and yeast die off. You will feel like you have been thrown under a bus and thrown in a tumble drier for 3 days. And the list goes on. Basically what I'm trying to say is, like general medicine you need to have the patient undertake blood and stool test first before recommending any of these herbs and supplements separately let alone in combination as this is sold. It's not recommended. A quick fix like this may leave you worse than before. Otherwise diet and exercise and plenty of natural food base vitamin c is the best approach to weight loss and bloating and much less dangerous IMO. So there are the facts on detox teas.

gramercypark10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 68 of 79 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 73 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

+75
Marginwalker
MiracleSeason
composer53
nd4reality
MVMom39forever
Lawkid
clhouse
Mia_Leoni
Just Looking
Loulou
gramercypark10