SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor Australia - Season 4 - Richie Strahan - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 52 of 78 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 65 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor Australia - Season 4 - Richie Strahan - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 52 Empty Re: The Bachelor Australia - Season 4 - Richie Strahan - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Sevening Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:56 am

ap21 wrote:After last night’s ep and Alex’s date I honestly can’t see anyone else winning. Even though the odds are against her and SM completely bash’s the poor girl.. based on what I saw last night I will be completely shocked if she’s not F1. Here’s why….

Now I’m definitely no body language expert or psychologist but I did study Criminology at Uni which focused quite a bit on the study of the psychology of deception through body language and speech. This is how I personally perceived last night’s ep.

I saw quite a dramatic contrast between the date he had with Alex last night in comparison to any other dates thus far, especially Nikki’s last night (perhaps because they were right after each other).

After watching Richie last season and so far this season this is what I gather.. When he doesn’t feel comfortable or doesn’t know what to say he pauses a lot and seems really awkward. He uses go-to repetitive filler words like “awesome” and “amazing” and feels the need to overly reassure certain girls in situations. He’s subconsciously over working his actions to hide his underlying thoughts. We see this when he feels the need to says things like “nice kiss” after every other kiss he’s had so far (beside Faith because we didn’t see it). Repetition is also seen as disingenuous, especially when repeated with more than one girl, as he can’t think of anything else to say in that moment (which he shouldn’t need to feel the need to say anything, but subconsciously for some reason he does). The fact he’s commented on his kiss with Nikki twice now and Megan speaks to that. And idk about you but I’ve never been in the situation where I’ve felt the need or had someone else comment on a kiss.. and I’ve never heard of anyone else ever being in that situation either, unless they’ve been lying. However with Alex his conversation was fluent and natural and seemed really sincere. He didn’t stutter as much or jumble his words up it just seemed to flow with ease. His facial expression was extremely relaxed, his smile was bigger than usual and he looked genuinely comfortable. He also used new words like “ignite” and “fireworks”. I don’t want to comment on their kiss (because it’s cringe-worthy laugh out loud) but I think if you compare it to others you’ll find its obviously a lot more passionate. And all he could say after was “wow”.

But that’s just my personal take on it, editing could very well fool me and there’s still plenty more to come! Smiley

I really wasn't going to continue commenting about anything this season bc like many of you, I find the editing absolutely horrid compared to previous seasons. It is totally disjointed and focuses primarily only on the WR drama, which I find to be really irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. We have barely seen any of Richie's conversations with the girls at CPs (save for ep1 when he first met them really). But I feel the need to comment on something I've observed since I've just seen ep5 and most of ep6.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I actually really do agree with your assessment of Richie's behaviour around Alex, especially the fact that his flow of speech was a lot more natural and he really did seem very much 'himself'. I actually feel like Richie and Alex's date really cemented their chemistry and connection, making it more obvious. Sure, Alex flirts with him quite a lot, but I personally feel like Richie flirts with her quite a bit too. He twirls her around, keeps calling her 'gorgeous' and other such words, he commented to the camera that 'my jaw dropped to the floor' when she came out of the dressing room, and he even initiated the kiss.

All of that being said, I'm growing incredibly suspicious as to why they are editing Alex in such a bad light. They make her seem overly needy, over-the-top, high-strung, way too emotional, creepy, insecure, too attached to him too quick, etc. If you notice, every single CP so far has centered somewhat around Alex and her WR, and now her emotions about Richie and how he is forming other connections with the girls. I mean, come on. Don't tell me there's nothing else happening during CPs. Where are his convos with the girls? What about the OTHER girls apart from Alex (and Kiera)? For some reason they are choosing to focus on the drama surrounding Alex and her thoughts. She speaks to the camera the most (by FAR) and has been shown crying/being emotional the most as well. Ep6's CP practically only had 2 things going on - Alex and Kiera. Even during ep6's RC, the main voiceovers were all Alex.

And because of the way they are editing Alex, SM is bashing her like crazy, calling her all sorts of names. I personally feel really bad for her because though the show may have some merit in showcasing these ladies as 'who they really are', given my studies of Film & Television, I know how production can force viewers to see people the way they want viewers to.

I say all the above because I don't think they would edit the F1 in this way (which is really bad btw). I've seen [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]'s theory about why they are editing Alex in this way, and I really agree with that theory. I can't think of any other reason why they would paint Alex in this light. It makes me think that Alex will be F2 or F3 - as in she will go very far, almost to the very end, but Richie will ditch her.

Like many of you I do still believe that Nikki is F1, especially after ep5. I believe Faith, Rachael and Olena will go far as well. It'll be interesting to see Olena's second date and how Richie and her bond further, but I'm personally unsure how much more of this horrible editing I can stand - which is a pity, because I do think Richie is a good Bachie.

Sevening

Female Posts : 21

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor Australia - Season 4 - Richie Strahan - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 52 Empty Re: The Bachelor Australia - Season 4 - Richie Strahan - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by HodanG Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:04 am

Sevening wrote:
ap21 wrote:After last night’s ep and Alex’s date I honestly can’t see anyone else winning. Even though the odds are against her and SM completely bash’s the poor girl.. based on what I saw last night I will be completely shocked if she’s not F1. Here’s why….

Now I’m definitely no body language expert or psychologist but I did study Criminology at Uni which focused quite a bit on the study of the psychology of deception through body language and speech. This is how I personally perceived last night’s ep.

I saw quite a dramatic contrast between the date he had with Alex last night in comparison to any other dates thus far, especially Nikki’s last night (perhaps because they were right after each other).

After watching Richie last season and so far this season this is what I gather.. When he doesn’t feel comfortable or doesn’t know what to say he pauses a lot and seems really awkward. He uses go-to repetitive filler words like “awesome” and “amazing” and feels the need to overly reassure certain girls in situations. He’s subconsciously over working his actions to hide his underlying thoughts. We see this when he feels the need to says things like “nice kiss” after every other kiss he’s had so far (beside Faith because we didn’t see it). Repetition is also seen as disingenuous, especially when repeated with more than one girl, as he can’t think of anything else to say in that moment (which he shouldn’t need to feel the need to say anything, but subconsciously for some reason he does). The fact he’s commented on his kiss with Nikki twice now and Megan speaks to that. And idk about you but I’ve never been in the situation where I’ve felt the need or had someone else comment on a kiss.. and I’ve never heard of anyone else ever being in that situation either, unless they’ve been lying. However with Alex his conversation was fluent and natural and seemed really sincere. He didn’t stutter as much or jumble his words up it just seemed to flow with ease. His facial expression was extremely relaxed, his smile was bigger than usual and he looked genuinely comfortable. He also used new words like “ignite” and “fireworks”. I don’t want to comment on their kiss (because it’s cringe-worthy laugh out loud) but I think if you compare it to others you’ll find its obviously a lot more passionate. And all he could say after was “wow”.

But that’s just my personal take on it, editing could very well fool me and there’s still plenty more to come! Smiley

I really wasn't going to continue commenting about anything this season bc like many of you, I find the editing absolutely horrid compared to previous seasons. It is totally disjointed and focuses primarily only on the WR drama, which I find to be really irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. We have barely seen any of Richie's conversations with the girls at CPs (save for ep1 when he first met them really). But I feel the need to comment on something I've observed since I've just seen ep5 and most of ep6.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I actually really do agree with your assessment of Richie's behaviour around Alex, especially the fact that his flow of speech was a lot more natural and he really did seem very much 'himself'. I actually feel like Richie and Alex's date really cemented their chemistry and connection, making it more obvious. Sure, Alex flirts with him quite a lot, but I personally feel like Richie flirts with her quite a bit too. He twirls her around, keeps calling her 'gorgeous' and other such words, he commented to the camera that 'my jaw dropped to the floor' when she came out of the dressing room, and he even initiated the kiss.

All of that being said, I'm growing incredibly suspicious as to why they are editing Alex in such a bad light. They make her seem overly needy, over-the-top, high-strung, way too emotional, creepy, insecure, too attached to him too quick, etc. If you notice, every single CP so far has centered somewhat around Alex and her WR, and now her emotions about Richie and how he is forming other connections with the girls. I mean, come on. Don't tell me there's nothing else happening during CPs. Where are his convos with the girls? What about the OTHER girls apart from Alex (and Kiera)? For some reason they are choosing to focus on the drama surrounding Alex and her thoughts. She speaks to the camera the most (by FAR) and has been shown crying/being emotional the most as well. Ep6's CP practically only had 2 things going on - Alex and Kiera. Even during ep6's RC, the main voiceovers were all Alex.

And because of the way they are editing Alex, SM is bashing her like crazy, calling her all sorts of names. I personally feel really bad for her because though the show may have some merit in showcasing these ladies as 'who they really are', given my studies of Film & Television, I know how production can force viewers to see people the way they want viewers to.

I say all the above because I don't think they would edit the F1 in this way (which is really bad btw). I've seen [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]'s theory about why they are editing Alex in this way, and I really agree with that theory. I can't think of any other reason why they would paint Alex in this light. It makes me think that Alex will be F2 or F3 - as in she will go very far, almost to the very end, but Richie will ditch her.

Like many of you I do still believe that Nikki is F1, especially after ep5. I believe Faith, Rachael and Olena will go far as well. It'll be interesting to see Olena's second date and how Richie and her bond further, but I'm personally unsure how much more of this horrible editing I can stand - which is a pity, because I do think Richie is a good Bachie

Wow I could not agree anymore!! I do wonder what Richie is feeling when his watching how the show has been edited? Especially knowing Alex and him did have a great connection? You summed it up perfect for me. Amazing. I really hope Alex is not F2. And I can't understand what she's going through with this edit. How she is feeling. Poor girl sad
HodanG
HodanG

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:16 am

Kiki could be the dark horse

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by ap21 Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:42 am

HodanG wrote:
Sevening wrote:

Like many of you I do still believe that Nikki is F1, especially after ep5. I believe Faith, Rachael and Olena will go far as well. It'll be interesting to see Olena's second date and how Richie and her bond further, but I'm personally unsure how much more of this horrible editing I can stand - which is a pity, because I do think Richie is a good Bachie

Wow I could not agree anymore!! I do wonder what Richie is feeling when his watching how the show has been edited? Especially knowing Alex and him did have a great connection? You summed it up perfect for me. Amazing. I really hope Alex is not F2. And I can't understand what she's going through with this edit. How she is feeling. Poor girl sad

Unfortunately I do agree with both of you, and it's a shame for Alex... The editing is really frustrating me now too, this poor girl is so sweet and innocent and SM is absolutely going to town on her because of it. And aside from that.. if she's not to win I really don't understand the lack of effort he's making with her at CPs and giving her such late roses at the ceremonies. Seems like they were trying to deliberately throw us off... but then have gone and edited her to be disliked anyway.. Just doesn't add up. I still have some hope (even though her edit is obviously horrible) but if it is her in Bali and she's F2 or F3 I'll lose any respect I had for Richie because that is just cruel taking a mother away from her child for the entire season and even out of the country just to dump her in the end.... Hopefully it doesn't come to that. Upset

ap21

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:46 am

Did anyone hear what Richie said to Rachael at the latest RC when he gaver her the rose. He definitely whispered something but I couldn't understand it?

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevening Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:08 am

ap21 wrote:
HodanG wrote:
Sevening wrote:

Unfortunately I do agree with both of you, and it's a shame for Alex... The editing is really frustrating me now too, this poor girl is so sweet and innocent and SM is absolutely going to town on her because of it. And aside from that.. if she's not to win I really don't understand the lack of effort he's making with her at CPs and giving her such late roses at the ceremonies. Seems like they were trying to deliberately throw us off... but then have gone and edited her to be disliked anyway.. Just doesn't add up. I still have some hope (even though her edit is obviously horrible) but if it is her in Bali and she's F2 or F3 I'll lose any respect I had for Richie because that is just cruel taking a mother away from her child for the entire season and even out of the country just to dump her in the end.... Hopefully it doesn't come to that. Upset

Yeah, I can't imagine what Richie is thinking when watching how the show is being edited like this. I do genuinely believe that he and Alex have a real connection too (not even TV can fake that kind of connection, honestly).

I am completely avoiding reading SM comments at the moment because everyone's just bad-mouthing Alex all over. Agree that it doesn't make sense how they showcase her to have such strong chemistry with Richie, but then also showing her being upset that Richie does not approach her at CPs and gives her roses really late in RCs. Did you notice that the anxious music literally reached a climax just in anticipation of Richie calling Alex's name? I'm just so suspicious of why they are centering practically most of the show around Alex. It's like she's the main figure and the other girls are side characters. At this point I feel they are showing Alex even more than Kiera's dramatic comments, which makes me go question

Yes there is still some hope for Alex even though her edit is so bad. I really have a strong feeling that she is F3 at the very least tho. Coz the SC of a girl in the claw bath with Richie - I am almost 100% sure that is Alex. And that kind of personal intimate scene (they are literally in a small bathtub together) does not happen until almost the end of the season. But yeah, I hope it doesn't come to that too.

Sevening

Female Posts : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by natik Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:23 am

Sevening wrote:

I am completely avoiding reading SM comments at the moment because everyone's just bad-mouthing Alex all over. Agree that it doesn't make sense how they showcase her to have such strong chemistry with Richie, but then also showing her being upset that Richie does not approach her at CPs and gives her roses really late in RCs. Did you notice that the anxious music literally reached a climax just in anticipation of Richie calling Alex's name? I'm just so suspicious of why they are centering practically most of the show around Alex. It's like she's the main figure and the other girls are side characters. At this point I feel they are showing Alex even more than Kiera's dramatic comments, which makes me go question

Yes there is still some hope for Alex even though her edit is so bad. I really have a strong feeling that she is F3 at the very least tho. Coz the SC of a girl in the claw bath with Richie - I am almost 100% sure that is Alex. And that kind of personal intimate scene (they are literally in a small bathtub together) does not happen until almost the end of the season. But yeah, I hope it doesn't come to that too.

Well guys here is food for thoughts. There are so many similarities between the Ukrainian Bachelor this season. They did edit it similar. A lot drama and fights less love story. Alyona the F1 was hidden like no other contestant before. In fact there were viewers who couldn`t remember her name till episode nine. She was pretty late edit wise in the game. It was quiet the opposite with the F2. She was present from the get go. Everything was spinning around the F2 Anetti. It was like it`s "the Anetti" show. Anetti was eccentric, self absorbed, jealous and even bad mouthed the other girls during the one on one time with the Bachelor. But she made the show interesting because there was no episode where everyone did not discussed her behaviour. In contrast to her the F1 was a really quiet, mature, classy and a good hearted girl.
natik
natik

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:45 am

There's something about Alex that I can't put my finger on which is holding me back from actually liking her. I'm quite indifferent to her right now. She seems to be a very hot and passionate fling but not a lasting relationship for Richie from what we're seeing so far. curious to see how it plays out. what are people disliking about her in sm?

emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by natik Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:50 am

emusha wrote:There's something about Alex that I can't put my finger on which is holding me back from actually liking her. I'm quite indifferent to her right now. She seems to be a very hot and passionate fling but not a lasting relationship for Richie from what we're seeing so far. curious to see how it plays out. what are people disliking about her in sm?

I`m gonna sum it up basically they are writing "clingy and possessive, needy, desperate, bunny boiler, selfish, stage five clinger".
natik
natik

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:57 am

Yikes! well thanks for sharing....good to know. she reminds me of some of the girls in the US version that go after what they want - I have a feeling her behavior would seem more normalized & less abrasive in the US variety of this show. Sorry to say it but she reminds me a bit of Michelle Money on her Brad 2.0 appearance without the snarky & aggressive comedy - just with the relentless pursuit & possessiveness... you could see her insecurities also coming out
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:23 am

Is it episode 6 that just aired? TYIA

Why is Alex getting slammed on SM?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:52 am

Episode 6 links posted [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 52 of 78 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 65 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor Australia - Season 4 - Richie Strahan - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+38
ideas_ideas
floret
casjacknick
LeapofFaith
Norcalgal
Mikesgirl83
Sevening
ap21
LoveDovez
Just Looking
emusha