SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7

Page 15 of 80 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 47 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 15 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:58 pm

umngirl wrote:
OnePromise wrote:
chasingpavements wrote:Just want to point out that many people who are complimenting Nick on being honest had a problem with Kaitlyn/Shawn, Andi, and Josh bad-mouthing him all season. Why is nick refreshing but the others are cruel?

I had a problem with all of them, btw. A little kindness and compassion never killed anyone.

For me it has to do with the setting CP.  In K&S and A&J cases, they were the winners.  The ones who came out "on top".  They kicked the "loser" when he was down.  Sore winners just don't do it for me.  

On the other hand, Nick is making comments about other contestants on the show... Peers, for lack of a better description.  It would be a different ball game if Nick got the girl and was then badmouthing the other guy.  I would be disappointed in him if that were the case as well.  

All the people he is ragging on are also "losers" who lost on their original seasons and then on BIP. So he's kicking them while they are down as well. He's making it seem like he is better than them when most of them have been rejected the same number of seasons.
Maybe it comes across that way to some but I didn't hear that at all.

IMO, Nick was totally normal on the podcast and personally my husband agrees as he just listened it since I voiced that I am confused as to where it is anything but normal talk on a podcast about a TV show called BIP, which is insanity in itself.

IMO, Nick was even more kind than I am at times on this forum when it comes to these contestants.  :yes:
So he has me beat already.

Again, I find it amusing that what I and many others do on this forum, Nick does on a podcast.
Same thing, different medium.

jmo

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 15 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:59 pm

OnePromise wrote:
seton wrote:
OnePromise wrote:

Another of his main points was that it is just a show... I don't think that you need to bring the brass knuckles to the table.  Overkill.  

You must give me the outline that Nickie followed since you seem to know all his power points and exactly what he meant on everything. I'm sure I will find it just GLORIOUS.  Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 15 2498057887

It's just a show.
By the same token, it's just a hypothetical sentence.  Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 15 2498057887

I appreciate the compliment.  To be the genius behind Nick's "power points" is truly my greatest accomplishment to date.  But, I am unable to share the outline at this time.  Copyrights and all.  I could send over the cliff notes if you'd like.   Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 15 2498057887

Copyright, eh? So, it's published? Just give me the ISBN then. Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 15 2498057887

On second thought, I'll just imagine the George Bush strategery skit in my head. thx anyway.  Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 15 2498057887

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:05 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:
umngirl wrote:
OnePromise wrote:

For me it has to do with the setting CP.  In K&S and A&J cases, they were the winners.  The ones who came out "on top".  They kicked the "loser" when he was down.  Sore winners just don't do it for me.  

On the other hand, Nick is making comments about other contestants on the show... Peers, for lack of a better description.  It would be a different ball game if Nick got the girl and was then badmouthing the other guy.  I would be disappointed in him if that were the case as well.  

All the people he is ragging on are also "losers" who lost on their original seasons and then on BIP. So he's kicking them while they are down as well. He's making it seem like he is better than them when most of them have been rejected the same number of seasons.
Is this your opinion or is it fact?

IMO, Nick was totally normal on the podcast and personally my husband agrees as he just listened it since I voiced that I am confused as to where it is anything but normal talk on a podcast about a TV show called BIP, which is insanity in itself.

IMO, Nick was even more kind than I am at times on this forum when it comes to these contestants.  :yes:
So he has me beat already.

Again, I find it amusing that what I and many others do on this forum, Nick does on a podcast.
Same thing, different medium.
jmo

Umm, insulting the intelligence of Mikey and Jonathan for being played by Joe is kicking them while they are down. Saying something negative about Joshua's looks is also low. None of these three got the girl the first time and won't the second time. So yes, it is a fact he is kcking them while they are down.

Nick can have public opinions and voice them better. Sharleen does is wonderfully. Nick took take lessons from her. IF he is the next bachelor the media coach is gonna have to work overtime to assist him with this and also the extra "umms" all the time.

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 15 87b72b10  Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 15 86669110  Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 15 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:08 pm

OnePromise wrote:
chasingpavements wrote:Just want to point out that many people who are complimenting Nick on being honest had a problem with Kaitlyn/Shawn, Andi, and Josh bad-mouthing him all season. Why is nick refreshing but the others are cruel?

I had a problem with all of them, btw. A little kindness and compassion never killed anyone.

I don't know, I think the winner vs. loser thing can be taken as far as you want. Nick "beat" guys like Jonathan, Joshua, and Joe, so is he required to be nicer to all 24 guys "beneath" him? You can even say that as a white, upper middle-class white man, Nick is a lot more privileged than people of color, women, and people who make less money than him. So, should people like Jonathan and Clare suddenly become off-limits too?

I just think the winners v. Loser argument is silly. Be nice to everyone, not just those that you "beat" in some way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:16 pm

The umms are going to accompany the Ben's and Jared as well.  At least Nick can speak in full sentences unlike CS. Hugesmile  The podcasts are all about snark as are the live tweeters.  That is what the interview is about. To poke fun at BIP the TV show and it's cast of characters.  Humor in a word.  Hugesmile  JMO
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:23 pm

I listen to a bunch of bachelor podcasts (embarrassing) and have heard quite a few of Bachelor alum participate. No one has ever come off cocky and condescending as Nick, IMHO.

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:23 pm

Meh, Nick has actually met these people and knows them. I don't.
He also (99%) knows what is going on with Tenley (via JJ) and with Joshua and Tenley is not exactly pro-Joshua (she IS pro-JJ).
Joshua also has a tattoo of a naked woman on his leg.
That's his choices and for me, I question why a guy who is a "good" guy would want that on his body permanently or talk about "Molly" (which Nick explained away).

At my age, what Nick said is exactly what many I know personally think.
Comfortable in one's own skin comes with age, and even when I was younger I thought I was there already but as time passed I really figured out what that means and it is not about maturity either, it's really a time-thing just from looking back on life, imo.
I just see a guy who knows who he is and what he wants and isn't going to settle.
He also doesn't take himself or this show seriously at all (as he shouldn't cause it is TV which I sometimes forget) and was having banter with fellow snark-s about those who have said far worse things about him than he says about them.

Nothing he said was mean or vitriolic at all, imo.... worse is posted on the threads or online or on social media every day and again, it is just opinions about people on TV. I don't know them. And when I don't care for someone too much I don't give them much attention. But that's just me. jmo

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Beagle Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:24 pm

Just for the record, Joshua bad mouthed Nick throughout Kaitlyn's season and he did on twitter too a couple of times.
Beagle
Beagle

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:31 pm

Beagle wrote:Just for the record, Joshua bad mouthed Nick throughout Kaitlyn's season and he did on twitter too a couple of times.
Was just about to post this. And Joshua did this in front of millions of viewers, too with no backlash.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:36 pm

But I thought Nick is so proud of taking the "high road" as he calls it? So what does it matter what Joshua says?

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:36 pm

WOW : I totally understand that we all like different contestant on this show and and have our favorites. Nick is who he is and does not care what others say. On the podcast he was snarking just like we do at the contestants not the real person they are. JMO
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:40 pm

Apparently it's ok for Nick to do it because it's in retaliation. Nonetheless not taking high road imo

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 80 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 47 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7

+59
GuardianAngel
jen689
Bet2Win
FLChica
Mustang19