SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #6

Page 24 of 79 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 51 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #6 - Page 24 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #6

Post by MonicaJM2001 Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:19 am

AllAboutLove wrote: snipped...

Only consolation is he is looking better than ever and seems in a great place, likely thankful he dodged a bullet.

snipped

Nick is better off that it happened now rather than later, imo, because I think it would have happened no matter what. jmo

Great post AAL I agree, particularly with above statements. I've never had my favorite actually be F1 and the one thing I always think about to kind of soften the frustration about it is to realize with the success rate of the final couple no matter how in love and forever they seem at the end, most inevitably break up and that would be even worse to see. Don't get me wrong if my preferred couple ever actually happens from this show I will be happy but I still then will be nervous for them to make it in the real world. Silverlining in the past couple season Bachelor and Bachelorette, I couldn't care less if the final couple made it or not so when they didn't I had nothing to be upset about. Had Nick/Kaitlyn ended up together I'd always be dreading the possible "break up" announcement.

I was going to (insert any productive activity) but then well...........Nick
MonicaJM2001
MonicaJM2001

Back to top Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #6 - Page 24 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #6

Post by happygolucky Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:53 am

OK, here's my piece: I adore Nick (hope I can say it's still a sane adoration) ... and I liked Kaitlyn last season, she was my favorite of F3, even though I liked Whitney too, I couldn't really figured Becca out ... so I was holding myself from making a conclusion and I'm glad I did, because she doesn't particularly impress me today. To me it's all about the impression someone leaves, whether they have some characteristic that I admire, I'm interested in or I find misunderstood. Nick checks in all 3. In Kaitlyn I saw some admirable traits of her character, so I hoped for her to put her talents and craft in good use... and if that means becoming the lead Bette, then I was all for it.

Why I talk in the past tense? ... Because I don't like TPTB. I despise TPTB. Despite it, I still acknowledge and admit that they are d*** good at what they do - create an illusion and manipulate. I wasn't even sure I was going to follow this season, even if I was convinced Kaitlyn would get the gig. And I chose to be part of it anyway, through this forum, because unfortunately Nick got to be such a fool (endearingly) and come back. (So Nick I hope you understand the importance of me sticking around... it's for you silly)
So I don't follow Kaitlyn now, I'm not interested in her, only in her actions regarding Nick, because I'd like to understand how that all affects Nick.

If I would be watching the season - leaving Nick out of the equation - I would say: as a lead it's inevitable that she is going to lead the guys on, "lie", "hold back", "deceive" ... all but her F1. And since her F2 is no different than any other F2, despite his Name, he would get hurt. It sucks, but that's the game. I don't blame the Bette for it. Me. I can understand that F2 might not see it the same, since he has to experience it.
Taking him all the way onto the final day ... IMO doesn't change much whether she lets him propose or not. I mean, what difference does the proposal make? (A bit more bruised ego maybe?... Or maybe coming from the culture where the "engagement" isn't a big deal sealed with a diamond ring that automatically leads to wedding planning, I may not be taking it by it's correct value.) What would truly make things "less painful" would be letting him go before ... few episodes before, if she knew that their relationship isn't going to work ... but then that means that only another name would be replacing the F2 spot ... and that doesn't solve the problem.
Why would Nick ought to have any special treatment? Why spare him the hurt by letting him go before the final week?
- Because he was already there last year? ... Well shoot, he signed up again for it, so no ... he is in this game and the roles are the rules.
- Because he had real, deeper feelings for her? ... Well then, it's so much more obvious why He had to be at the very end instead of some other name.

I don't hold against Kaitlyn for leading Nick all the way to the F2 and letting him propose ... but that doesn't excuse her actions during the season. How she conducts herself and how she "plays the game" ... that's on her. And not because of what it means and does to Nick ... but what it says about her choices and her character.

As for the empathy and ATFR performance ... it will be interesting to observe how those characters shine when the lights are on. Words are only words ... the (re-)actions give them the meaning.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecilia Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:12 am

Can you guys tell me where the US weekly article is posted on here?
Cecilia
Cecilia

Female Posts : 2283

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:16 am

Blu posted it about midway down the page (page 40) - Media, Tweets, IG Thread
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecilia Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:29 am

Thanks Ladybug82!
Cecilia
Cecilia

Female Posts : 2283

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:03 pm

wow... Ladybug, you're almost unrecognizable with that new avi, first I almost skipped your post, and had to double-check. Can that man be any more gorgeous?

Talking about the "proposal/rejection" ... why do people feel that these "relationships" should go into the cast's "love-curriculum"? ... like, I was engaged once and once I came close, but she turned me down... IMO, it's just for a TV show, so I don't feel like Nick talking about his past should have that included on his list ... neither is the first break-up really valid ...
I understand that at the time, considering how strongly Nick fell into the bubble, for him it was and he wanted that to be acknowledged, but I do have faith that he learned from that and got some perspective what it all was. Just a game. He lost the game, he got a lifetime for his own love-story to make and be own producer - and that's nothing that TB can give him. (JMO)

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:23 pm

happygolucky wrote:wow... Ladybug, you're almost unrecognizable with that new avi, first I almost skipped your post, and had to double-check. Can that man be any more gorgeous?

giggling yes, new avi of him from his King Arthur role (new article about it).  He's one of my favs, as if you can't tell from my rotating Charlie avies!   Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #6 - Page 24 3806527698 Don't want to sidetrack Nick's thread or get in trouble with any of our awesome mods, so come drool over him with us in the celeb fan forum!  

I love this sentence:  

happygolucky wrote:Just a game. He lost the game, he got a lifetime for his own love-story to make and be own producer - and that's nothing that TB can give him.

So true, and sadly not just him pretty much 99.999% of all that go on the show.  Sometimes I really wonder how this show as lasted as long as it has and why we continue to watch.
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr&MrsSmith Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:03 pm

Please I'd like a ticket to join you on Nick Island for a few days Smiley

I understand it's not a sunny, happy place, but even here in Vancouver, I've had quite enough of Mary Fricken Sunshine.
Mr&MrsSmith
Mr&MrsSmith

Female Posts : 578

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo47 Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:58 am

A clip from Hulu:

Nick & Kaitlyn's Love Story
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:48 am

jojo47 wrote:A clip from Hulu:

That was great!!

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePromise Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:05 am

nutty1 wrote:
jojo47 wrote:A clip from Hulu:

That was great!!

I love the music in the background... They really are playing up how silly the whole show is.  There is a video for Kaitlyn's relationship with Shawn too.  It's interesting that again they stressed the physical for Nick and the romantic, love for Shawn.  They showed Shawn's love confession to Kaitlyn in his clip, but not when Nick said, "I love you" to Kaitlyn in his clip.  At least TPTB have a consistent story, even if it was not actually the truth.

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:44 am

So I watched most of the season last night.  Just Nick’s parts in pieces on youtube.

In contrast with SWSNBN, I was definitely missing scenes of K and Nick challenging each other or getting to know each other; their mental connection.  I didn’t see why they had fallen for each other than their physical connection.  And as a result, I found him (them) much less fascinating or appealing.  I definitely saw K checked out after their one on one in Dublin.  So yeah, I don’t see why she would pick him.  

Also noteworthy, Nick saying in Utah, that unlike last season, he didn’t have any hesitation.  As a writer, I know that overcoming internal and external obstacles make a story… and without an obstacle, there is no tension or interest… and that’s what I felt watching Nick and K.  No interest.

I will be interested to hear what Nick has to say on ATFR… to get his perspective on the whole experience after the fact.  What did he learn?  What will he take into his future?  What is he taking from his whole Bach experience?  I look forward to seeing a much more poised Nick live on Monday.

Cheers, Sue
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 79 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 51 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #6

+75
DMBFan
quietpal
ReneeM
Lymie36
rhondam