SELECT CONTENT

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Sean Varricchio - Davina Kullar - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Page 76 of 79 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Sean Varricchio - Davina Kullar - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 76 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Sean Varricchio - Davina Kullar - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Post by TwinkleB13 Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:34 pm

But, for the billionth time, where were the experts who should have screened out a man that not only had unresolved legal issues but has pretty significant anxiety?? Not that Sean can't find a mate who can support that....he can...it's just that THIS SHOW is not the way for someone with tremendous anxiety to find a mate. WHY was he cast? That is a total mystery.

Quite a few people have felt that his sole purpose was simply to get on the show to promote himself. If that really is the case then he most likely did not answer questions honestly, rather he answered them in a favorable light (i.e. I have no problems) so as to further his chances of being on the show. If that is what he did, the experts probably didn't even know about his anxiety issues.

Please note, all of the above is strictly my opinion Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Sean Varricchio - Davina Kullar - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 76 1710264613

TwinkleB13

Back to top Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Sean Varricchio - Davina Kullar - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 76 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Sean Varricchio - Davina Kullar - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Post by nan27 Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:38 pm

I couldn't agree more with your observations, makeupchick85.

Sean's supposed nervousness could have been because he wanted the viewing audience and the experts to see him as being bullied by Davina. Another possibility is that he was afraid Davina would break from the script and expose some of the things that all of us discovered along the way. Under their contract, the participants probably aren't allowed to say certain things. However, from the things that I read, Davina was trying to say all of those things without actually saying them.

Davina is a smart cookie. I feel certain that she discovered Sean's background shortly after the marriage.

You can see during the actual wedding ceremony that she was beyond happy and so hopeful. Those hopes were quickly dashed when she learned the truth about Sean.

Last edited by nan27 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

JUST MY OPINION, FOLKS!! handwave
nan27
nan27

Female Posts : 108

Back to top Go down

Post by sherrie714 Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:39 pm

As for davina, didn't she say that on there honeymoon when she was crying something about how he reacted to her ? and the expert said "how was he supposed to know who you were after a day " ?? Her first mistake is thinking he knew how she was feeling in my opinion.

sherrie714

Back to top Go down

Post by TheEyesHaveIt Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:44 pm

TwinkleB13 wrote:
But, for the billionth time, where were the experts who should have screened out a man that not only had unresolved legal issues but has pretty significant anxiety?? Not that Sean can't find a mate who can support that....he can...it's just that THIS SHOW is not the way for someone with tremendous anxiety to find a mate. WHY was he cast? That is a total mystery.

Quite a few people have felt that his sole purpose was simply to get on the show to promote himself.  If that really is the case then he most likely did not answer questions honestly, rather he answered them in a favorable light (i.e. I have no problems) so as to further his chances of being on the show.  If that is what he did, the experts probably didn't even know about his anxiety issues.

I can't remember who it was but one of the barstoolers said that it was not only the evaluation tools but also the interviews and the experts' intuition that was used. I don't think Sean has the capacity for masking his off-putting behavior...everyone watching the show picked up on it...and then you have the four experts who spent hours pouring over him and his data, and they don't see it? What that tells me is that he was cast rather than carefully selected.

But, then, I'm just generally disappointed that the experts didn't do their due diligence wrt to the men, so that is coloring my opinion here.

TheEyesHaveIt

Back to top Go down

Post by nan27 Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:45 pm

It is a natural reaction to comfort a person who is crying and ask the person what he/she is thinking or what is wrong.  Instead, Sean ignored her and was just looking around at the scenery. Maybe, he was thinking about his own "violation of probation" charges for leaving the state for his farce of a "honeymoon."

Last edited by nan27 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

JUST MY OPINION, FOLKS!! handwave
nan27
nan27

Female Posts : 108

Back to top Go down

Post by TwinkleB13 Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:46 pm

Like I said earlier, I did not see season 1 so I don't know how the casting process was for that season - all I have heard about this season though is that the men were cast within a week's time rather than over months and that the criteria was lowered quite a bit.

Please note, all of the above is strictly my opinion Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Sean Varricchio - Davina Kullar - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 76 1710264613

TwinkleB13

Back to top Go down

Post by BusyLizzie Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:49 pm

nan27 wrote:It is a natural reaction to comfort a person who is crying and ask the person what he/she is thinking or what is wrong.  Instead, Sean ignored her and was just looking around at the scenery.
   I was just going to say that ! I think Davina was referring to the fact that Sean didn't seem to have that natural 'comforting' , and completely ignored her pain. She started getting red flags then. And I'm sure being right there with him, it was pretty strong. Her instincts , and antennas were starting to scream. I hate the way dr. Logan treated her, it was so unprofessional.

Last edited by BusyLizzie on Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

BusyLizzie

Back to top Go down

Post by TwinkleB13 Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:50 pm

It is a natural reaction to comfort a person who is crying and ask the person what he/she is thinking or what is wrong. Instead, Sean ignored her and was just looking around at the scenery.

He actually did not ignore her, he asked her if she was having a moment and she said she was. She did not elaborate at all on what was causing her to feel that way. The way he acted in that scene I felt that he was uncomfortable with her display of emotion and didn't quite know how to handle it so he did nothing. If his sole intent really was to be on the show for his own gain and not for love, those first couple of times where there was real emotion involved might have been tough for him to navigate through. That was their honeymoon so they were still strangers in the real sense. Like someone else said though, I'm just starting to feel like it really doesn't matter because even if she would have spoken up in that moment and shared her feelings with him, or if she'd done a lot of things, things would not have worked with Sean because supposedly his intentions were not pure. I still wish she could have dug deep for herself and learned a little about herself but I don't think she's there yet.

TwinkleB13

Back to top Go down

Post by sherrie714 Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:51 pm

not everyone has the same reaction to people crying, My husband will leave me be for a while and then talk to me and hug me, even if it has nothing to do with him. He kinds gives me my space for a little bit.

sherrie714

Back to top Go down

Post by TwinkleB13 Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:55 pm

Maybe, he was thinking about his own "violation of probation" charges for leaving the state for his farce of a "honeymoon."

You do bring up a really good point here, another that I'd forgotten about. How in the world could the experts have done a background check and not know that he was on probation and that his probation would be violated if they sent him out of state on his honeymoon??

TwinkleB13

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerseynurse Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:56 pm

I think the issue at hand was that whenever Davina needed comforting, Sean would somehow always revert the conversation back to something about himself.
Jerseynurse
Jerseynurse

Back to top Go down

Post by TheEyesHaveIt Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:57 pm

TwinkleB13 wrote:Like I said earlier, I did not see season 1 so I don't know how the casting process was for that season - all I have heard about this season though is that the men were cast within a week's time rather than over months and that the criteria was lowered quite a bit.  

Even friends wouldn't have said "Hey, Davina, there's this nurse in New Jersey who was bullied as a child just like you were, I think you guys would be great for each other for that reason." So, why would an expert make that pairing? It's so sloppy that it's hard not to believe that the rumors about the casting pressures are true.

TheEyesHaveIt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 76 of 79 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Sean Varricchio - Davina Kullar - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

+103
anOldBMW
TwinkleB13
cubequeen
radicalred
luckydee
JCB
sounproductive
Mimi27
BusyLizzie
justlistening
wharfrat