SELECT CONTENT

Chris Soules & Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #2

Page 48 of 73 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 60 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chris Soules & Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #2 - Page 48 Empty Re: Chris Soules & Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #2

Post by leselihau Fri May 22, 2015 4:45 pm

I guess my stance is this....the only thing we know about them as a couple is an edited "character" on a television show (or two for Chris) and the very little that they have put out on social media. What goes on on the other side of the camera and/or computer screen is between them. As long as they are both OK with that, then to each their own. I just don't understand why someone would say "Run" to Whitney (or anyone else for that matter). The only time I would tell anyone that is if they were being physically or emotionally abused. Beyond that, it is not my job to pick out anyone else's significant other. She seems to be a strong, independent, beautiful, smart woman...I think she's pretty capable of figuring out who's right for her and doesn't need my help. If she's happy, then good for her. If he's happy, then good for him. If they're happy, then good for them. If they're not, they'll figure it out in good time.

leselihau

Back to top Go down

Chris Soules & Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #2 - Page 48 Empty Re: Chris Soules & Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #2

Post by Mommyof2 Fri May 22, 2015 7:13 pm

The reason I said for Whitney to "run" is he surely isn't acting like a gentleman towards her. They should be in the honeymoon phase where they don't want to be apart. He should be treating her like a princess. He leaves her high and dry in that DWTS video and it hasn't been the first time. Is it because he is drunk? Just a jerk? Oblivious to how he should act with a woman? I don't know, but one thing he is proving to me is that he is NOT Prince Farming!
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Fri May 22, 2015 8:58 pm

Wow, didn't watch Chris run as the bachelor, but I just watched the DTWS footage, ummmm, I really don't know what to say.... Hopefully, they will make it..

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Fri May 22, 2015 9:47 pm

leselihau wrote:I guess my stance is this....the only thing we know about them as a couple is an edited "character" on a television show (or two for Chris) and the very little that they have put out on social media.  What goes on on the other side of the camera and/or computer screen is between them.  As long as they are both OK with that, then to each their own.  I just don't understand why someone would say "Run" to Whitney (or anyone else for that matter).  The only time I would tell anyone that is if they were being physically or emotionally abused.  Beyond that, it is not my job to pick out anyone else's significant other.  She seems to be a strong, independent, beautiful, smart woman...I think she's pretty capable of figuring out who's right for her and doesn't need my help. If she's happy, then good for her.  If he's happy, then good for him.  If they're happy, then good for them.  If they're not, they'll figure it out in good time.  

ITA...love this post. They will figure it out one way or another and it doesn't matter one hoot what I think. Chris Soules & Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #2 - Page 48 2498057887

Whit is a strong, independent, beautiful, smart woman and more than capable of figuring out what's right for her. :yougogirl:
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Fri May 22, 2015 9:52 pm

Mommyof1 wrote:The reason I said for Whitney to "run" is he surely isn't acting like a gentleman towards her.  They should be in the honeymoon phase where they don't want to be apart.  He should be treating her like a princess.  He leaves her high and dry in that DWTS video and it hasn't been the first time.  Is it because he is drunk?  Just a jerk?  Oblivious to how he should act with a woman?  I don't know, but one thing he is proving to me is that he is NOT Prince Farming!  

Totally agree Mommy! When I see a video or interview of Chris, I love that I can come on this board and express my opinion. He is not immune. All of the rest of the leads get scrutinized too. Equal opportunity board! Smiley This show is so silly and it is so nice to have a place to express opinions and views on the show and participants. :cutesmile!:
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 22, 2015 9:57 pm

leselihau wrote:I guess my stance is this....the only thing we know about them as a couple is an edited "character" on a television show (or two for Chris) and the very little that they have put out on social media.  What goes on on the other side of the camera and/or computer screen is between them.  As long as they are both OK with that, then to each their own.  I just don't understand why someone would say "Run" to Whitney (or anyone else for that matter).  The only time I would tell anyone that is if they were being physically or emotionally abused.  Beyond that, it is not my job to pick out anyone else's significant other.  She seems to be a strong, independent, beautiful, smart woman...I think she's pretty capable of figuring out who's right for her and doesn't need my help. If she's happy, then good for her.  If he's happy, then good for him.  If they're happy, then good for them.  If they're not, they'll figure it out in good time.  

Eh, I've seen a lot of otherwise intelligent women make really, REALLY bad decisions when it comes to men. I don't think that you have to be in an abusive relationship for it to be an unhealthy one or simply an unhappy one. Of course, it's not our job to pick out anyone's significant other...but, yet, every season, we are all here rooting for the current Bachelor or Bachelorette to pick our favorite. I doubt Whitney, or any of them, will actually hear or listen to what we have to say, but it's still nice to just voice our opinions.

Back to top Go down

Post by nuts2uiam Fri May 22, 2015 10:47 pm

I am a very independent woman and am happily married. DH admires that in me. When we are at a party, we split up and pass each other and check in with each other throughout the night but rarely are we attached at the hip. It works for us and may well work for Chris and Whitney too.

In fact, I admit it can be an eye opener. I recently had a fall that broke a couple of bones and poor DH was so confused, he didn't know how to react. I always make it happen like magic and now I can't and need help, which is a tough adjustment for me. He knows me well enough to know that I will ask for help when, and if I need it, But some of the stuff I need help with now is simple and almost embarrassing to have to ask, like cutting up my food. My point is that both have done it for themselves for so long it may need a little fine tuning, but it works for them.
nuts2uiam
nuts2uiam

Female Posts : 719

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 22, 2015 11:03 pm

I agree, his crime is a forgivable offence.

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Sat May 23, 2015 12:00 am

mtnlvr55 wrote:Chris, Chris, Chris...very ungentlemanly. He walked off without Whitney as they left the after party. Not nice at all. I am very disappointed him him. no no no

He needs to get back to the farm and his roots. Remember that he is an Iowa farm boy and he would be lucky to have a woman as lovely, smart and driven as Whitney.

Good Post

soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Sat May 23, 2015 12:24 am

lexforlife wrote:I agree, his crime is a forgivable offence.

Of course it is. Unfortunately it's not the first time we've seen him forget his manners and be less than a gentleman.  It's not as if he doesn't have them, as previously mentioned up thread, he showed them when getting Witney and his parents in the car.  

Personally, I don't need a man to open my door, help me put on my coat, walk on the outside of the side walk, wait on or walk with me, or hold my hand around strangers, etc., but... I want one that does or at least offers to and I'm pretty independent. Maybe I'm more traditional than I ever thought I was, maybe my southern roots have influenced me more than I realized and are shining through big time, but I expect any guy (friend, family, bf, etc., but especially the one I'm engaged to), to show manners and be a gentleman both at home and in public, regardless of who is around and how annoyed he might or might not be.

So, I probably would've told him to get his act together or hit the road by now, but that's me.  If Whitney is fine with living with his lack of manners towards her, then so be it.

Last edited by Ladybug82 on Sat May 23, 2015 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by vivi2 Sat May 23, 2015 1:09 am

^^^

Great post Ladybug! As a woman, I feel the same way.

vivi2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 23, 2015 11:11 am

Ladybug82 wrote:
lexforlife wrote:I agree, his crime is a forgivable offence.

Of course it is. Unfortunately it's not the first time we've seen him forget his manners and be less than a gentleman.  It's not as if he doesn't have them, as previously mentioned up thread, he showed them when getting Witney and his parents in the car.  

Personally, I don't need a man to open my door, help me put on my coat, walk on the outside of the side walk, wait on or walk with me, or hold my hand around strangers, etc., but... I want one that does or at least offers to and I'm pretty independent.  Maybe I'm more traditional than I ever thought I was, maybe my southern roots have influenced me more than I realized and are shining through big time, but I expect any guy (friend, family, bf, etc., but especially the one I'm engaged to), to show manners and be a gentleman both at home and in public, regardless of who is around and how annoyed he might or might not be.

So, I probably would've told him to get his act together or hit the road by now, but that's me.  If Whitney is fine with living with his lack of manners towards her, then so be it.
Sometimes  pple are like that. Because  you love them so, they start taking you  for granted. Sure, Whitney is a strong, independent woman  but i think, she too would appreciate those little kind gesture.  I agree he did  wrong  but im hoping that video  if they ever get to watch it  shows him how he is beginning to take her for granted and do better.
It's never easy in a relationship when one loves the other more as it seems in this case.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 48 of 73 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 60 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Chris Soules & Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #2

+83
kdawng
ReneeM
CHO
timfan
mprssdbyu