SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - FD- LCD - FRC - F1/2/3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Page 17 of 75 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 46 ... 75  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - FD- LCD - FRC -  F1/2/3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - FD- LCD - FRC - F1/2/3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by hmbach Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:20 pm

Litta123 wrote:I'm not sure where to have this discussion. But because it's a comparison of the F1 facts for both Whitney and Becca, I'm putting it here. Mods, please redirect me if I'm wrong.

Since we're going to have a few days before we get more footage to work with, I thought I'd pause and look back to the classic signs that point to F1.

Preview presence -- If I understand correctly, the F1 shows up in the preview, but is typically hidden. She is rarely upfront and center in the preview. (Learned this the hard way with Clare  duh ) I did more or less a frame by frame capture of the preview, unspoiled. Each picture below represents a separate scene in the preview, even if it comes from the same date. If the shots were separated in the preview or shown at a different angle, they are presented here. Also these were the original captures, no cleanup of the caps.

So who's more hidden? You decide.

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - FD- LCD - FRC -  F1/2/3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 17 Screenshot2015-02-18at84643AM

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - FD- LCD - FRC -  F1/2/3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 17 Screenshot2015-02-18at84937AM

Storyline Arc/Obstacle to Overcome -- If I understand correctly, the F1 should have a storyline that continues to build toward the FRC conclusion. Her relationship with the lead grows. It doesn't stall. It doesn't go backwards. There is progression in her developing relationship with the lead. Along the way, an obstacle for the F1 is revealed to the viewer. This obstacle builds, only to be resolved at the time of the FRC. Classic conflict resolution for a happily ever after.

So who has this kind of storyline arc? I'm putting down a summary as I see it for both girls. Please add to my observations if you have some...or correct me if you think I'm wrong. This classic sign can be more subjective than the preview caps...so I would hope for some discussion regarding this classic F1 sign. Remember, though, it's not about what we "think" has happened in between episodes. We can't fill in the storyline...it's what the editors are showing us in the episode...or in the deleted scenes. In other words, it's the story that we see on screen -- relationship progression, obstacle, and resolution only at the FRC.

Whitney -- This is how I've seen it...Whitney's relationship was shown to develop with Chris with their special time during the second(?) cocktail party. She brought Chris whiskey. It seemed like they started to connect. He liked her. Her relationship with Chris took a big step forward with the Wedding Crashing Date. This clearly showed Chris intrigued and interested in Whitney. He was very effusive about her in his ITMs. The next few weeks, IIRC, seemed to show their relationship stalling. We get very little info on how their relationship is developing/progressing.

I believe we get some progress in a deleted scene...or do we? This is where I need Whit followers to fill in the details...but remember only from the edit or deleted scenes...not from Chris's blog. In the SD episode, Whit's relationship with Chris continues to stall. Is this when her obstacle is presented? Jealousy? Or is her obstacle simply lack of time with him? Seriously, I'm having a hard time nailing down her obstacle.

She takes another step forward with Chris in Iowa on their 1-1. Chris continues to show interest in Whitney and even introduces her to his best friends. They've had a fun romantic, playful afternoon...ending with the surprise mural in the evening. It's a nice public declaration of Chris's strong feelings. Their relationship is now no longer stalled. It's definitely progressing again. Moving to Iowa does not appear to be an obstacle...so what is it? Still unidentified to me...something needs to be resolved come FRC time, but what is it?

Whitney's HTD -- more progression. Chris grows in respect for Whitney professionally...and personally, for what she has had to overcome in life. Chris clearly is liking her. (What's not to like? Honestly, she seems so sweet, genuine and fun from what I see.) Again, the obstacle to overcome is unclear. To me, the sister's unwillingness to give approval is hardly an obstacle. What 29 year old can't make up her mind who she wants to marry? So if that's her obstacle, it's very contrived by TPTB.

Foreshadowing to the FD from the preview -- In the brief clip shown, it shows Chris and Whitney talking about her job and being able to come to Iowa. So is this now her obstacle? The fact that I can't nail down her obstacle sheds doubt for me as Whitney being F1.

I see no continuous progression of relationship from premiere to this point. Whitney has been all in from the get go. I see no clear obstacle to overcome -- so how will it be resolved at the FRC?

I'm asking genuinely if the Whitney F1 believers can fill in how her storyline matches the classic F1 storyline arc...because I can't.

Becca -- Becca's relationship with the lead is probably one of the sloooooowest to start in Bach history. Our first real glimpse of them together is on the rooftop. Not only does the relationship somewhat start, but the obstacle (intimacy) is introduced during that time. I can't even remember what date Becca was on in NM (rafting?) Did they get time even? So not any progression of the relationship at this point...but there wasn't much of a start to it to begin with...again from what we see on screen.

Her storyline really doesn't pick up with Chris until SD. Chris genuinely likes her. They are doing outdoorsy things that both seem to enjoy. Both comment on the ease of their connection. Mini obstacle is overcome by Chris. He gets a first kiss. Her storyline takes another step forward in Iowa, when she gets a back-to-back 1-1...unheard of in the show. Little of their time is shown, but it is progressing. We see discussion of Becca's relationship past...obstacle developed to she's never been in love. What we do see between them is a lot of touch...and a romantic kiss at sunset.

HTD -- They seem to have a great time doing more outdoorsy things (Chris's favorite kind of date). Lots of hand holding scenes were being focused on by the editors. At home, Becca's obstacle is further developed to emphasize she's a virgin (we knew it, but the focus is now on that)...so her obstacle continues to build in the viewers' minds.

The foreshadowing of the continuing obstacle is shown in the previews. She now needs to tell Chris. How will he react? Will this cause him to ultimately not choose her because he has already told us chemistry is important to him? Does he need a "test drive" before he commits to her? He really wants a wife out of this. Is he willing to risk his choice on a woman like Becca when he has a great alternative in Whitney?

IMO, no matter who is Chris's real F1, Becca has the more classic F1 storyline arc/obstacle to overcome.

There are more classic signs, but this post is EXTREMELY long. Sorry mods! Kasha, check here ___  if you made it this far without skimming.  giggling

More F1 signs to come later.

Don't forget there was some slight progression for both of them (but leaning more towards Becca) during the mud obstacle course. I think Whitney thought she was progressing further there but that may actually have been the start of interest in Becca for Chris (them holding hands, him helping her along). I agree with your assessment above though. I have always wondered (since all along from the very start) (W says that she is only there because of Chris, that she wouldn't have come if it wasn't him) whether or not there is a case that TPTB planted her there all along as a way to throw off the spoiler sources? Seems far fetched but that's how it struck me. The offered 10-15 real girls and the rest were plants or actresses meant to enhance the drama.

hmbach

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - FD- LCD - FRC -  F1/2/3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - FD- LCD - FRC - F1/2/3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by sparkler Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:39 pm

I'm starting to wonder if Ashley S. is an actress.

sparkler

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkler Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:44 pm

I agree with the above posts. I remember Catherine was a nervous wreck while Lindsey seemed so confident going into the final rose ceremony on Sean's season. I think Courtney said in her book that she had a lot of producer driven doubt on the final day. Whitney has been front and center this whole season saying that she will be Chris's wife etc....edit wise I agree with you. I also see in the pictures how Chris just lights up in Bali in the presence of Becca. I think he likes and respects Whitney but as other have said he looks bored on that boat. Or maybe distracted is a better word. She does fit the perfect wife on paper but as in Sean's season, when Lindsey was the perfect wife on paper, he wasn't feeling it. This will be so interesting to watch....

sparkler

Back to top Go down

Post by eliza3 Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:52 pm

sparkler wrote:I agree with the above posts. I remember Catherine was a nervous wreck while Lindsey seemed so confident going into the final rose ceremony on Sean's season. I think Courtney said in her book that she had a lot of producer driven doubt on the final day. Whitney has been front and center this whole season saying that she will be Chris's wife etc....edit wise I agree with you. I also see in the pictures how Chris just lights up in Bali in the presence of Becca. I think he likes and respects Whitney but as other have said he looks bored on that boat. Or maybe distracted is a better word. She does fit the perfect wife on paper but as in Sean's season, when Lindsey was the perfect wife on paper, he wasn't feeling it. This will be so interesting to watch....

The bolded -- it has been reported several places that they were in very rough seas on the boat with many of the crew being sick. I don't think he was bored…I think they were all trying to make the best of a horrible situation. It's hard to know what he actually felt for Whitney under those situations.
eliza3
eliza3

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:59 pm

eliza3 wrote:
sparkler wrote:I agree with the above posts. I remember Catherine was a nervous wreck while Lindsey seemed so confident going into the final rose ceremony on Sean's season. I think Courtney said in her book that she had a lot of producer driven doubt on the final day. Whitney has been front and center this whole season saying that she will be Chris's wife etc....edit wise I agree with you. I also see in the pictures how Chris just lights up in Bali in the presence of Becca. I think he likes and respects Whitney but as other have said he looks bored on that boat. Or maybe distracted is a better word. She does fit the perfect wife on paper but as in Sean's season, when Lindsey was the perfect wife on paper, he wasn't feeling it. This will be so interesting to watch....

The bolded -- it has been reported several places that they were in very rough seas on the boat with many of the crew being sick.  I don't think he was bored…I think they were all trying to make the best of a horrible situation.  It's hard to know what he actually felt for Whitney under those situations.

I thought too Chris had some very big questions weighing on his mind. He was wondering whether or not she could really move to Iowa and what a move would mean for her career. He didn't look bored on the boat to me.
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by lurker11 Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:02 pm

Looks intimate and comfortable to me
Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - FD- LCD - FRC -  F1/2/3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 17 IbfG0plxNeQVNz

He has his hand in her ARMPIT. thats a ridiculous amount of clutching
lurker11
lurker11

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:06 pm

Not to mention where she rests her drink!

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by grammady Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:13 pm

lurker11 wrote:Looks intimate and comfortable to me
Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - FD- LCD - FRC -  F1/2/3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 17 IbfG0plxNeQVNz

He has his hand in her ARMPIT. thats a ridiculous amount of clutching

I can't believe she rested the wine glass on his junk :shocked!: . It doesn't appear that he got very excited about it though. hehehe
grammady
grammady

Female Posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkler Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:15 pm

That is funny about the drink!! I didn't notice that earlier!! That scene does look intimate I agree but when Whitney was discussing her sister (I think it was at that point) he kind of looked out to sea and seemed to be faking listening closely.Just how I see it.

sparkler

Back to top Go down

Post by lurker11 Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:24 pm

Yeah, I agree. My opinion on this is colored by how little I think of Chris' emotional capabilities. I honestly don't think he can empathize much with other's situations, he can't identify with a sisterly bond or a small sisterly fight. Like when Whitney was talking about her mom dying and the only question he could think of was "what happened" instead of asking Whitney something about her experience. I also don't think he handled Juelia well and don't even get me started on the sigh he let out after Becca said she was a virgin
lurker11
lurker11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:26 pm

Litta...
I wonder or surmise that Whitney's obstacle is Becca.  It seems to me that there has been producer prodding in the Becca / Chris story line.  They needed someone to be a real f2.  It could not be Jade, they wanted Kaitlyn for the possible bachelorette.  They suggested the Ferris wheel, after date.  Suggested the extra date, and encouraged the extra talk at the rose ceremony.  I think they have put extra effort in encouraging the relationship with Chris and Becca.  There have been no special favors or encouragement for the Chris and Whitney relationship.  I saw at the fantasy date episode that the relationship with Whitney and Chris was much more developed than the others.  It seems deeper.  Also on the boat they both look a bit seasick to me.  
Yep I am a Whitney/Chris fan.  Even though I think Kaitlyn and Becca seem like wonderful women.  Whitney and Chris seem much more a couple.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:28 pm

When I first saw Litta's analysis of the preview I loved it and totally agree Becca seemed like F1. Even though though I was spoiled. That sunset pic is the F1 shot to me. Then, as Whitney has consistently kept talking confidently about marrying Chris and how sure she is they'll be together, I've felt more and more nervous for her.

Now with the building love story they've given Chris and Becca since ep6 I can only see it being her. That HTD showed a man fall in love, IMO. And the difference in Chris on their FD was obvious to me.

I think either RS got it wrong and because the spoiler is out there TPTB are laying Becca and Chris' love story right out there for us to see, since many won't believe it anyway. Or Becca bows out as the tabloids imply, which would be a really sucky ending for the final couple, so I hope not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 75 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 46 ... 75  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - FD- LCD - FRC - F1/2/3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

+86
nutty1
Peppermom
SliverofHope
vivi2
Fleurdesel
gvaughn65
pavalygurl
lipsis
mercieme
kfreebie
Pia1