SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8

Page 9 of 45 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 27 ... 45  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8 - Page 9 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8

Post by ReneeM Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:41 pm

It's funny to me because of all the problems people have had with the way Andi handled the nick situation I only had one and that's when she was breaking it off and she didn't flat out say that she was in love with Josh. She focused on the problems with their relationship and left the door open that could let him think that there was still hope. However as I've stated before, Nick did nothing out of character. From the spoiler video, he said he was going to write her a letter, and brought up Jason and Molly, because he hoped Andi would change her mind. That wasn't producers, that was him. So yes, he might have been nudged by producers but they didn't make him do anything he didn't want to do himself.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8 - Page 9 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8

Post by luvlady345 Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:45 pm

ReneeM wrote:It's funny to me because of all the problems people have had with the way Andi handled the nick situation I only had one and that's when she was breaking it off and she didn't flat out say that she was in love with Josh. She focused on the problems with their relationship and left the door open that could let him think that there was still hope. However as I've stated before, Nick did nothing out of character. From the spoiler video, he said he was going to write her a letter, and brought up Jason and Molly, because he hoped Andi would change her mind. That wasn't producers, that was him. So yes, he might have been nudged by producers but they didn't make him do anything he didn't want to do himself.

So much this ReneeM...... I also think it was mostly Nick but if Nick can continue to get the producer's manipulation the same courtesy should be given to Andi also....

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:46 pm

sdmom wrote:
Ash2214 wrote:When RS posted the texts from the woman who taped Nick on the plane, one text mentioned how Nick spoke about writing her a letter, which he did. IMO, Nick's behavior lines up with his behavior on the show. I'm all for agreeing that producers feed the contestants bs, but in the end, you do what you do and you say what you say. If Nick gets the excuse of the producers, then IMO I think Andi should too.

I said this in Andi's thread, but it doesn't surprise me that a guy that does the kissy face in selfies and edits the crap out of his pictures would act like he did laugh out loud

Would you please post the pictures that you describe ? Thanks!

I am a follower of Nick and I would like to see those pictures also.
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:50 pm

ReneeM wrote:It's funny to me because of all the problems people have had with the way Andi handled the nick situation I only had one and that's when she was breaking it off and she didn't flat out say that she was in love with Josh. She focused on the problems with their relationship and left the door open that could let him think that there was still hope. However as I've stated before, Nick did nothing out of character. From the spoiler video, he said he was going to write her a letter, and brought up Jason and Molly, because he hoped Andi would change her mind. That wasn't producers, that was him. So yes, he might have been nudged by producers but they didn't make him do anything he didn't want to do himself.

I think he also said that Andi was too stubborn to change her mind in that video. It's likely that looking back he may have done something differently but I doubt very much he regrets not being the f1. 

For me the reason I hold Andi to a higher standard than Nick or any of the other guys is that she was the lead. I feel that adds the responsibility of taking others' feelings into consideration. They need to remember that no matter what they're feeling, they are the one in control and it's much worse for the others.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15498

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:52 pm

While the plane video is helpful, we don't know what went on prior to his being sent home. His describing some other guy breaking up with his F1 and getting together with F2, is not someone who knows the show. It is someone who was told that. Not that he didn't have those proclivities to begin with. It just makes it that much easier to manipulate. Arie also wrote a letter to Emily so it's not as if Nick was the first.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:54 pm

I'm on my phone, but all you have to do is check his IG. In almost every picture he's not smiling. His lips are closed, turned to the side, push out a bit, and he's doing the side kissy face that I used to do in high school. As for the edited pics, again, just about all of them are, specifically the one of him taking a selfie in his bed. If you want one of him doing the side kissy face and the edited picture, the one of him taking a selfie with headphones in apparently coming from the gym is a great one.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:55 pm

albean99 wrote:

I think he also said that Andi was too stubborn to change her mind in that video. It's likely that looking back he may have done something differently but I doubt very much he regrets not being the f1. 

For me the reason I hold Andi to a higher standard than Nick or any of the other guys is that she was the lead. I feel that adds the responsibility of taking others' feelings into consideration. They need to remember that no matter what they're feeling, they are the one in control and it's much worse for the others.

Not to mention that she had already been through what they are going through. You would think she would feel more empathy, but instead the power seemed to have gone to her head.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:56 pm

Sprite wrote:

While the plane video is helpful, we don't know what went on prior to his being sent home. His describing some other guy breaking up with his F1 and getting together with F2, is not someone who knows the show. It is someone who was told that. Not that he didn't have those proclivities to begin with. It just makes it that much easier to manipulate. Arie also wrote a letter to Emily so it's not as if Nick was the first.

Didn't Arie show up where Emily lived and only when Emily wouldn't see him he wrote a letter? I mean I have nothing against Arie but that's creepy. Those gestures are only romantic when the feelings are mutual. Otherwise it's weird.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:02 pm

ReneeM wrote:
Sprite wrote:

Didn't Arie show up where Emily lived and only when Emily wouldn't see him he wrote a letter? I mean I have nothing against Arie but that's creepy. Those gestures are only romantic when the feelings are mutual. Otherwise it's weird.

I don't think they were meant to be romantic. It was more like they were looking for closure. It just shows to me just how manipulated these people are. They can't even think straight. Some snap out of it quicker than others, but those that truly get invested seem to have the hardest time. Oh well, thankfully, eventually they all come back to reality and usually thank their lucky stars they weren't "the one".

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:06 pm

Other F2 and F3 have gotten ahold of the lead in less creepy ways to get closure. Sean called Emily although she didn't answer but they gave him some more closure. Lindsey called Sean and they talked for about 15 minutes where she got her ultimate closure. Probably why the ATFR was so calm and drama free. The trying to see the lead, writing letters, etc. just feels like going a but too far for me.

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8 - Page 9 87b72b10 Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8 - Page 9 86669110 Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8 - Page 9 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:11 pm

^ At least Arie left his journal and that was the end of it. Also, he didn't know she ended up with Jef when he did this. Nick knew she picked Josh and had confirmation of it less than a week later when RS posted his spoiler including thoughts about how it was going to be Josh all along. I don't think Arie posted pictures to IG or Twitter talking about love and of him and Emily and he didn't write her a letter essentially stating she made a mistake, Josh wasn't right for her and that he wanted a second chance and he didn't go on to tell millions he slept with Emily, and even though they didn't show them on a night portion of their FS, if I were a betting woman I would bet Arie and Emily were together that night.

Regardless, I think we can all agree this show sucks and so does production, but for me, I don't blame them for everything a contestant or a lead does or says.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:14 pm

umngirl wrote:Other F2 and F3 have gotten ahold of the lead in less creepy ways to get closure. Sean called Emily although she didn't answer but they gave him some more closure. Lindsey called Sean and they talked for about 15 minutes where she got her ultimate closure. Probably why the ATFR was so calm and drama free. The trying to see the lead, writing letters, etc. just feels like going a but too far for me.

That's cool. I didn't know that. I don't think there will ever be another season where everyone was so classy all around. But yes, like you said, there could have been better ways for Nick. Honestly, I would be a bit freaked out if I was the lead and someone was pursuing me that hard weeks/months after I broke up with them on a reality television show and while I was engaged to someone else.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 45 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 27 ... 45  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8

+59
emusha
Pia1
rosesrREd
atem
pavalygurl