SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8

Page 8 of 45 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 26 ... 45  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8 - Page 8 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8

Post by ironcat Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:42 pm

Success is also relative.  What one person considers a successful career track may not be so to somebody else. As someone who has worked in executive recruitment all my life, there are people who reach a certain level of responsibility (with corresponding salary) at 30, while some don't reach that same level until they're 50, so years of experience don't always equate to level of responsibility or salary.  And things differ from industry to industry as well.  My point is, unless we know more details about what Nick is doing (and since he's selling, what he's earning is a major determinant), there is no way to know just how successful he really is, compared to his peers.

And my comments about this take nothing away from my also stated comment that he certainly seems to take his career in sales seriously, unlike many past Bachelor Nation people.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8 - Page 8 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8

Post by Lucas15 Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:07 pm

ironcat wrote:I agree that his actions post show indicate he is taking his career seriously as opposed to chasing fame, but in sales, unless you go the management route, it IS all about making money; that's how success is calculated there.  The titles don't mean all that much as a measure of how well you're doing, it's your "numbers".  I would imagine at Nick's company, there is a pretty substantial differential between the salary earned by the top sales executive and that earned by the bottom sales executive, possibly several hundred thou annually.  Where Nick falls within those parameters is unknown.

SalesForce bases compensation on a combination of Salary + Bonus and Salary + Commission (where commission is based on sales dollars). Nick indeed started out as an Account Executive ESB (Emerging Small Business) where the sales $$ are likely low because the businesses are small. I would expect any new employee to start there and prove that they can bring in business and where any mistakes made would not impact large accounts. The bulk of jobs available right now at SalesForce are Sales Account Executive positions which outnumber other types of jobs by about 2:1. Experience requirements for both ESB and SMB positions is 2-5 years of Technology sales experience  (preferably Software or Business Applications).

Nick started there in 2013 and is now Account Executive SMB (Small to Medium Business which seems to be a promotion) which means he now is dealing with larger accounts generating more revenue and could have shifted into a commission component. As long as he has been with the company based on LinkedIn data he would be eligible for a leave of absence, and I would commend him for carving out a career in his chosen field, and for going back to it after the show.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:11 pm

Someone on the Andi and Josh discussion had the great idea to bring this thread back. I think it is needed at this moment too.

soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:24 pm

I referred to Nick as spineless and a no backbone little boy, because of the continuously saying that he was producer's driven after the show.. Well no one held a gun to his head.... It was said that the producers wanted JP to ask Nikki to marry him on ATFR, but JP didn't bow down to the power, but Nick was seemingly putty in their hands......

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:40 pm

luvlady345 wrote:I referred to Nick as spineless and a no backbone little boy, because of the continuously saying that he was producer's driven after the show..  Well no one held a gun to his head.... It was said that the producers wanted JP to ask Nikki to marry him on ATFR, but JP didn't bow down to the power, but Nick was seemingly putty in their hands......

Totally different IMO. JPab was hating on everyone by the end of his show and he probably thought they were hating him. He wasn't going to give them squat. I suspect Nick still though producers were his friends and were trying to help him. Silly and naïve...yes, but he struck me that way throughout the show. I think he has learned since then.

Funny, but I just wrote this on another thread and the similarity struck me as I was answering this. As much as Andi and Nick had their over analytical nature in common, she and JPab had the same kind of stubbornness. To hell with everyone, I'm going to prove you wrong because you p*ssed me off.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:48 pm

Yes Nick was a puppet but he is also a grown man and chose to go on this silly show. He could have said no! I honestly believe he wanted to believe the producers and hoped Andi would take him back. I actually think he had no idea just how close and how in love Josh and Andi were. He even looked surprised when chris H. said Josh is back stage.

This tells me that he really hoped and thought andi might give him another chance. I partially blame the producers and I do think andi should have told him when she let him go just how much she realized she loved Josh and saw the happily ever after with him. This would have been closure for Nick. Of course, we don't know what the producers were telling Andi. Maybe they told her that Nick will be in such shock and to let him down easy and not say much.

Yes, the bottom line, TPTB are ruthless. Period!
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:48 pm

I agree Sprite. I believe after the plane fiasco, the monetary fine may have been used as a trump card over Nick's head during certain issues. Just my speculation. It was used for past cast--Chelsea during Matt's season is one.
I don't recall Nick ever saying he did something due to being producer driven. 
I think that was simply "our" speculation.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:51 pm

soccermom333 wrote:Yes Nick was a puppet but he is also a grown man and chose to go on this silly show.  He could have said no!  I honestly believe he wanted to believe the producers and hoped Andi would take him back.  I actually think he had no idea just how close and how in love Josh and Andi were.  He even looked surprised when chris H. said Josh is back stage.

This tells me that he really hoped and thought andi might give him another chance.  I partially blame the producers and I do think andi should have told him when she let him go just how much she realized she loved Josh and saw the happily ever after with him.  This would have been closure for Nick.  Of course, we don't know what the producers were telling Andi.  Maybe they told her that Nick will be in such shock and to let him down easy and not say much.  

Yes, the bottom line, TPTB are ruthless.  Period!  

But if Nick was lead on by producers, why would Andi be able to tell Nick I am in love with Josh? The producers already gave in and let Andi, let him go earlier..... See it goes both ways.....

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:08 pm

luvlady345 wrote:
soccermom333 wrote:Yes Nick was a puppet but he is also a grown man and chose to go on this silly show.  He could have said no!  I honestly believe he wanted to believe the producers and hoped Andi would take him back.  I actually think he had no idea just how close and how in love Josh and Andi were.  He even looked surprised when chris H. said Josh is back stage.

This tells me that he really hoped and thought andi might give him another chance.  I partially blame the producers and I do think andi should have told him when she let him go just how much she realized she loved Josh and saw the happily ever after with him.  This would have been closure for Nick.  Of course, we don't know what the producers were telling Andi.  Maybe they told her that Nick will be in such shock and to let him down easy and not say much.  

Yes, the bottom line, TPTB are ruthless.  Period!  

But if Nick was lead on by producers, why would Andi be able to tell Nick I am in love with Josh?  The producers already gave in and let Andi, let him go earlier.....  See it goes both ways.....

All of these people chose to go on the show. I really think half of them don't even read the stupid contract or really follow the show and know how it works.

I think the whole AFTR fiasco was probably a combination of things. I think Nick is really a romantic at heart. (I personally find that men are much more romantic than women, who seem to be more pragmatic about this kind of stuff...particularly older men like Nick.) Nick really fell for Andi. He couldn't understand that someone would just sleep with him and share all that they did, without having deep feelings like he did. Again...naïve. Of course, all that was helped along by manipulative producers during and after the show. If that didn't work, there was always the money incentive for blabbing on the plane. No doubt, Andi and Josh were fed the opposite...Nick won't let it go, he wants to break you up, etc...to tick them off and stir up the protective he-man anger in Josh and bring out the stubborn, angry, self righteous ADA in Andi. All culminating in an explosive, most dramatic AFTR ... ever!!! Good TV.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:12 pm

Oh, I most definitely agree that the producers fed them all BS....

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:35 pm

When RS posted the texts from the woman who taped Nick on the plane, one text mentioned how Nick spoke about writing her a letter, which he did. IMO, Nick's behavior lines up with his behavior on the show. I'm all for agreeing that producers feed the contestants bs, but in the end, you do what you do and you say what you say. If Nick gets the excuse of the producers, then IMO I think Andi should too.

I said this in Andi's thread, but it doesn't surprise me that a guy that does the kissy face in selfies and edits the crap out of his pictures would act like he did laugh out loud

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:38 pm

Ash2214 wrote:When RS posted the texts from the woman who taped Nick on the plane, one text mentioned how Nick spoke about writing her a letter, which he did. IMO, Nick's behavior lines up with his behavior on the show. I'm all for agreeing that producers feed the contestants bs, but in the end, you do what you do and you say what you say. If Nick gets the excuse of the producers, then IMO I think Andi should too.

I said this in Andi's thread, but it doesn't surprise me that a guy that does the kissy face in selfies and edits the crap out of his pictures would act like he did laugh out loud

Would you please post the pictures that you describe ? Thanks!
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 45 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 26 ... 45  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8

+59
emusha
Pia1
rosesrREd
atem
pavalygurl