SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8

Page 7 of 45 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 26 ... 45  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8 - Page 7 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8

Post by Lucas15 Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:56 am

ironcat wrote:Considering what the producers did to him, I'd think Nick was either a glutton for punishment or a total fame whore if he did continue to exploit his Bachelor connection by appearing on BIP, so since I don't believe he is either, I'm not surprised he is returning to his regular working life in Chicago.  Of course, he apparently had a real job and a career to come home to, unlike many of the other ones who decide to attempt to ride the fame train, so good for him.

Yes. Sort of. NicK is an Account Executive for SalesForce dot com which is a well respected company in the CRM (Customer Relations Management) software business but the title is a bit misleading because though it does pay well it's really an entry level salesman job and there's several hundred openings across the country for the same job. SalesForce markets their product to executive level management at other companies who don't like to feel they are dealing with "just a salesman" so the title makes the salesman sound very important. Nick held that position for only a month and a half prior to leaving to film the show.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8 - Page 7 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8

Post by albean99 Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:49 am

Lucas15 wrote:
ironcat wrote:Considering what the producers did to him, I'd think Nick was either a glutton for punishment or a total fame whore if he did continue to exploit his Bachelor connection by appearing on BIP, so since I don't believe he is either, I'm not surprised he is returning to his regular working life in Chicago.  Of course, he apparently had a real job and a career to come home to, unlike many of the other ones who decide to attempt to ride the fame train, so good for him.

Yes. Sort of. NicK is an Account Executive for SalesForce dot com which is a well respected company in the CRM (Customer Relations Management) software business but the title is a bit misleading because though it does pay well it's really an entry level salesman job and there's several hundred openings across the country for the same job. SalesForce markets their product to executive level management at other companies who don't like to feel they are dealing with "just a salesman" so the title makes the salesman sound very important. Nick held that position for only a month and a half prior to leaving to film the show.

So why does that make it "sort of" a real job & career? From what I read Salesforce is a top paying company and the account exec jobs seem to have different experience requirements so I'm not sure I'd call them entry level which to me sounds straight out of college. They must have really wanted him to let him come on the show so soon after he started. In any case Nick seems to be doing very well post show.   :Nod:

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15498

Back to top Go down

Post by Sable Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:23 am

albean99 wrote:
Lucas15 wrote:

So why does that make it "sort of" a real job & career? From what I read Salesforce is a top paying company and the account exec jobs seem to have different experience requirements so I'm not sure I'd call them entry level which to me sounds straight out of college. They must have really wanted him to let him come on the show so soon after he started. In any case Nick seems to be doing very well post show.   :Nod:

Plus, Nick held several sales jobs before he got this one. In an interview that I read online somewhere, one of Nick's friends said that he has been very successful in his career. I have friends who have husbands that are sales executives and they do very, very well. Very well! Sales jobs are not easy to come by and are not easy to keep. Some sales positions are entry level and some are not. At 33, I strongly suspect that Nick is no longer considered to be an entry level sales person. Nick is doing just fine in his career post-show, just as he was pre-show. In the long run, his time and experience on the Bachelorette will be just a blip on the radar of his life. He's not making it his career and his priority to continue to be known as a reality TV celebrity.
Sable
Sable

Back to top Go down

Post by sbolduc Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:09 am

Lucas15 wrote:

I could be wrong but I thought he had been with the company for a about a year and had recently switched divisions rights before leaving for the show... I believe that's what someone reported per LinkedIn but I could be wrong.

Also I remember several family friends coming on the board saying that he did very well for himself. Also RS said that each of her final four were very well off.
sbolduc
sbolduc

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:19 am

With the kind of sales job I assume Nick has, it's all about the money.  He's probably on at least partial commission, and if he is successful, he could make a ton of money.  Some sales execs do, some don't.  Unless someone has access to his W-2, we'll probably never know exactly how well he's doing. :Nod:

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:25 am

sbolduc wrote:
Lucas15 wrote:

I could be wrong but I thought he had been with the company for a about a year and had recently switched divisions rights before leaving for the show... I believe that's what someone reported per LinkedIn but I could be wrong.

Also I remember several family friends coming on the board saying that he did very well for himself. Also RS said that each of her final four were very well off.
That's what I remembered too.
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:32 am

albean99 wrote:So why does that make it "sort of" a real job & career? From what I read Salesforce is a top paying company and the account exec jobs seem to have different experience requirements so I'm not sure I'd call them entry level which to me sounds straight out of college. They must have really wanted him to let him come on the show so soon after he started. In any case Nick seems to be doing very well post show.

My post was based on some wrong information. According to Nick's LinkedIn profile he has actually worked for SaleForce for about 8 months rather than the 6 weeks I read in an article (and I consider LinkedIn to be a more accurate source). His title is Account Executive SMB (which means small to medium business) which is still an entry level position. That doesn't necessarily mean straight out of college though as many companies will start a new employee in an entry level position unless they have prior experience in that company or (in the case of sales) selling the same product line for someone else. Nick's previous job experience (at DeRoyal and U.S. Cellular) was in different product lines.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by sbolduc Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:43 am

^^ Just checked his Linkedin and he started at Salesforce in March 2013 in a different department same role. He has been there around a year before leaving for the show.
sbolduc
sbolduc

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:17 pm

I am not sure it matters how much money Nick earns or how long he has been at his current position. The fact remains he returned to his job after filming and remains at his job today. He did not go on another reality show or even take a leave of absence. To me it shows he is not interested in becoming a professional reality star and is back to his old life. Good for him!

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:25 pm

isittrue wrote:I am not sure it matters how much money Nick earns or how long he has been at his current position.  The fact remains he returned to his job after filming and remains at his job today.  He did not go on another reality show or even take a leave of absence.  To me it shows he is not interested in becoming a professional reality star and is back to his old life.  Good for him!

I agree that his actions post show indicate he is taking his career seriously as opposed to chasing fame, but in sales, unless you go the management route, it IS all about making money; that's how success is calculated there. The titles don't mean all that much as a measure of how well you're doing, it's your "numbers". I would imagine at Nick's company, there is a pretty substantial differential between the salary earned by the top sales executive and that earned by the bottom sales executive, possibly several hundred thou annually. Where Nick falls within those parameters is unknown.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sable Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:28 pm

To me, it does not matter if Nick is in an entry level sales position or not. I think the point trying to be made is that after The Bachelorette, he went back to his job and resumed his life. He didn't join the cast of another reality TV show, he didn't quit his job, and he didn't hire a PR firm to represent him in future endeavors to keep himself in the public eye. He went back to his former life, plain and simple.

Nick is 33. So if you assume that he graduated college when he was 22, then he has been in the work force for about 11 years. What type of position is he supposed to have at this point? After 25 years in his industry, my husband is finally at the director level at his company and will most likely move up to the next level very soon. He's been very successful and is very well respected at his company and in his industry. 11 years out of college, my husband was a project engineer and in project management. If people move too quickly up the corporate ladder, then they simply do not have the experience and respect to have a higher job level than their experience dictates, imo. If 10 years from now, Nick is still just a sales executive (which I think is a very prestigious position in its own right based on people that I know that are sales executives), then something may be wrong. There are different tier levels for positions. At my husband's company they have multiple tier levels for each position almost solely based on the number of years that you have been in the industry. An engineer right out of college will not have the experience and the knowledge to complete projects that somebody with 5 years, 10 years, 15 years+ of experience will have. That is why they have the different tiers, and they base your compensation and involvement in projects based on your specific tier. Nick very well could be considered a Senior Sales Executive even though it is not reflected in his title. Also, just because he only deals with small to midsize companies does not mean that he is in an entry level position. That is a specialty market and a higher level executive could be assigned to sales in that specific market because that is where they have gained all of their sales experience. The needs of selling to a small to midsize company are much different than selling to a large corporation. He lives in downtown Chicago. You have to make a pretty penny in order to afford to live down there. These are all assumptions at this point. The real issue is that Nick went back to the job he had pre-show and is just trying to live his life.
Sable
Sable

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:37 pm

^^ Exactly Sable!

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 45 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 26 ... 45  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8

+59
emusha
Pia1
rosesrREd
atem
pavalygurl