SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8

Page 19 of 45 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 32 ... 45  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8 - Page 19 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8

Post by Ash2214 Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:17 am

SueSt wrote:The fact that Nick is in the public eye again, just at the moment that A&J are in the spotlight is amusing to me.  Obviously the article is being published to coincide with the start of the new Bach season so Nick had nothing to do with the timing; however the result is the same.

I mean A&J are going to be on television so logically there is no competition, however, someone may ask them about it... and that makes me smile.

Yes, it shouldn’t bother 2 people in a loving relationship... but it all depends on how loving they are, so it might, particularly since many of the pictures reference the Bachelorette season and I see a lot of veiled and not so veiled references to Nick answering his detractors via this article...

Or maybe it’s just me....

IMO, writing a short article for a website, such as Bustle, that was favorited by 40 random people does not qualify as being in the public eye again, but that's just my opinion. Cool if he wants to be a guest contributor or if it was a one time thing, but I personally just don't view that as being in the public eye, but we all view things differently.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8 - Page 19 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8

Post by soccermom333 Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:19 am

Ash2214 wrote:I don't see why or understand how that would be considered (I'm not even going to say the phrase) because really, it was a short article about getting over someone. It was favorited by 40 random people on Twitter. I guess I just don't understand that laugh out loud how the heck would Nick, who wrote the article, even know that Andi and Josh were going to be at the premiere tomorrow unless he creeped through Brian's comments or followed Andi on SM still?

Do I see anything wrong with the article? No. Do I think it's a tad silly given how public it all was about not wanting to let Andi go? Yes. That picture of Nick with the words "Just let it go" on there was too hilarious to not laugh a bit.

40?? Really?? Wow, no way anyone asks them about it, and if they do, how embarrassing for Nick. :yes:
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:22 am

SueSt wrote:The fact that Nick is in the public eye again, just at the moment that A&J are in the spotlight is amusing to me.  Obviously the article is being published to coincide with the start of the new Bach season so Nick had nothing to do with the timing; however the result is the same.

I mean A&J are going to be on television so logically there is no competition, however, someone may ask them about it... and that makes me smile.

Yes, it shouldn’t bother 2 people in a loving relationship... but it all depends on how loving they are, so it might, particularly since many of the pictures reference the Bachelorette season and I see a lot of veiled and not so veiled references to Nick answering his detractors via this article...

Wow, if that's the case that sad, I feel very sad for Nick and this is real talk.... I feel sad for this man if this is the case because he is obviously not over her.....

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:25 am

If I were a fan I wouldn't be using that word to describe his actions or intentions. And I don't think it even applies really (technically), but still.

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8 - Page 19 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by sbolduc Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:47 am

Ash2214 wrote:

IMO, writing a short article for a website, such as Bustle, that was favorited by 40 random people does not qualify as being in the public eye again, but that's just my opinion. Cool if he wants to be a guest contributor or if it was a one time thing, but I personally just don't view that as being in the public eye, but we all view things differently.

Completely agree Ash.
sbolduc
sbolduc

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:41 am

sbolduc wrote:
luvlady345 wrote:
sbolduc wrote:

He doesn't even mention Andi directly and most of what he talks about could not have anything to do with her (ie. Netflix marathons).

But, he used Andi's picture and the pictures from the time he was on the show....  So who else is he referring to?

Even if he had any choice which I highly doubt he did (most likely the editors choice) he is known for dating Andi for two months on a reality show not for dating his other girlfriends or ex fiancé, it wouldn't make any sense to post anything but a pic of him and Andi more pics equals more clicks.

I agree that he likely had nothing to do with the choice of pics used in the article.  If he did, why are they all pics we've seen before instead of at least 1 new one? :yes: to the bolded.  

As to "who" he is referring to, he starts the article saying it is based on his past relationships (plural) and also considers what his friends have learned in their past relationships.  I also agree with the above that his many year long relationship plus his previous engagement would be VERY significant to him ... but not to most viewers. 

The timing is good as 29 "bachelorettes" will be in the same boat by the end of Chris' season.  Plus, Nick is likely still under contract so this could be his way of fulfilling promotion of the new season. 

As to his  "tips", I thought his self-deprecating style shone through. JJ contributed to Bustle awhile back (about being on Tinder) and both he & Nick share similar humor.  It was a fun read and I thought it was good generic advice.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:34 am

bleuberry wrote:If I were a fan I wouldn't be using that word to describe his actions or intentions. And I don't think it even applies really (technically), but still.

I am a fan and I did not suggest that it applies to Nick's intentions; he had no leverage over when the article would be published...but the result is still the result.
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:55 am

notarose wrote:It was a fun read and I thought it was good generic advice.

NR, I agree that it was fun read and good generic advice, but also gave Nick an opportunity to address things like his letter, for example, and reframe it in a 'lighter' context.

Also, although most of the pictures are retreads, I'm guessing he had a hand in helping to choose/steer which ones were used for the article... particularly since some of them are his personal pics and not from the show.  Thus, I think there could be double meaning in the choice of the Brussels picture (and comments about making a list of the things about your ex you don't like) to discuss reminiscing about an ex, for example.  

Could it be a shout out??  Knowing how sharp Nick is... ???    no idea  giggling
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:28 am

SueSt wrote:
bleuberry wrote:If I were a fan I wouldn't be using that word to describe his actions or intentions. And I don't think it even applies really (technically), but still.

I am a fan and I did not suggest that it applies to Nick's intentions; he had no leverage over when the article would be published...but the result is still the result.

I know, I just meant that it doesn't look good for him to say that. And IMO it's not the result because Josh already got the girl, so Nick isn't really 'blocking' anything because they're kind of engaged. giggling

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8 - Page 19 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:22 pm

bleuberry wrote:
SueSt wrote:

I know, I just meant that it doesn't look good for him to say that. And IMO it's not the result because Josh already got the girl, so Nick isn't really 'blocking' anything because they're kind of engaged. giggling

I'm confused, what did Nick say??  
My point was really that the camera hungry A&J are thwarted at every turn by Nick's authenticity, compelling intelligence and charm stealing their thunder ... from their ATFR appearance to their post ATFR appearances and possibly to their reappearance at tonight's premiere.  
I LOVE Nick; I don't think in any way shape or form that it's his intention to do this.  It just seems to work out this way. giggling  
It is amusing to me, it was a simple passing thought and now pages later we're still discussing.  Go figure... no no giggling
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:03 pm

See this is what I don't get how is Andi and Josh camera hungry?  All 3 of them went on this show, all 3 of them returned back to normal life or as normal as life can be after this show. Nick, is writing a blog which will probably only be read by his die-hard fans so exactly how is that thwarting anything to do with them.

This reminds be of something my grandmother use to tell my mother "child everybody is not going to think your child is special just because you do"...... and it applies here.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle Eye Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:34 pm

SueSt wrote:My point was really that the camera hungry A&J are thwarted at every turn by Nick's authenticity, compelling intelligence and charm stealing their thunder ... from their ATFR appearance to their post ATFR appearances and possibly to their reappearance at tonight's premiere.  
I LOVE Nick; I don't think in any way shape or form that it's his intention to do this.  It just seems to work out this way. giggling  
I really don't even know where to begin disagreeing with this. How in the world is Nick thwarting Andi and Josh at every turn? If by "stealing their thunder" at the ATFR you mean "tried to piss all over Andi's relationship with her new fiancé and in the process brought a lot of hate on himself" then sure, I guess he stole their thunder. Go Nick. He hasn't been mentioned in a single one of Andi and Josh's post-ATFR appearances -- not ONE -- since August and could not be less of a factor in their daily lives. He wrote a little article that was liked/retweeted by exactly 61 people (yes, I checked). He wasn't invited to the premiere tonight (but if he'd attended, would he be "camera hungry" too?). How exactly is Nick "winning" here?

luvlady345 wrote:This reminds be of something my grandmother use to tell my mother "child everybody is not going to think your child is special just because you do"...... and it applies here.
Hahaha! Perfect.
Eagle Eye
Eagle Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 45 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 32 ... 45  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #8

+59
emusha
Pia1
rosesrREd
atem
pavalygurl