SELECT CONTENT

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #5

Page 68 of 81 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 74 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #5 - Page 68 Empty Re: Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #5

Post by Alanna Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:17 pm

Ash2214 wrote:FLChica, can I ask you a question? Do you know Josh since you're from Florida? It just seems like every time his baseball career comes up you're quick to diminish it, so I was just curious. As a teenager, he was drafted to the MLB in the second round. That is darn good and it's unfortunate he didn't get to the level he wanted to, but far less people get to where Josh did. And let's be real, having "former professional baseball player" does not make him look good on the show. It makes it look like he doesn't have a job, which he does. It was strictly used for his storyline, not because he makes him look more desirable.
What most impresses me about Josh is that after what sounds like failing to fully achieve his dream, he went on to support his lil bro, play football while getting his degree and make a whole new career in finance. He's not bitter or angry at what happened and moved on with his life, even when it deviated from his dream/plan. How awesome.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #5 - Page 68 Empty Re: Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #5

Post by atem Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:22 pm

janeh810 wrote:Like Kasha has indicated, I'm sure Nick is a great guy.  But, the facts remain that the edit and possibly Nick himself have put him in the "not well liked category", for the remaining weeks of the show. TPTB like/liked it that way, if the history of the franchise tells us anything.   Maybe, Nick likes/liked it that way too.  Hard to tell.  

I just wanted to say I love your avi! Could care less if any of the them like the edit. They all knew what this farce was about...a competition for a woman.
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by janeh810 Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:27 pm

atem wrote:
janeh810 wrote:Like Kasha has indicated, I'm sure Nick is a great guy.  But, the facts remain that the edit and possibly Nick himself have put him in the "not well liked category", for the remaining weeks of the show. TPTB like/liked it that way, if the history of the franchise tells us anything.   Maybe, Nick likes/liked it that way too.  Hard to tell.  

I just wanted to say I love your avi!  Could care less if any of the them like the edit.  They all knew what this farce was about...a competition for a woman.

bestbud! 
janeh810
janeh810

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:22 pm

I'm not sure why some are playing off the things Nick said as "his sense of humor" as he said to cover his mean spirited comments towards Josh.  I originally felt sorry for him regarding the comments on the plane he made about Josh, understanding he had just lost what he thought was his. Now I just think he's a complete attention seeking jerk.  He stole TV time from Marcus & Josh's dates last week & just can't keep his mouth shut.  He is trying to such Josh down with him but i don't see Josh biting. For those who are pointing fingers at Josh, remember, Nick has come out swinging towards Josh, at some point I'm sure Josh will defend himself. I agree with the guys, I would NEVER trust Nick to date my sister!! He is sleepy & sneaky. I still can't shake his strategy filled with lies to get a key to Andi's room. He could have simply used a hotel phone & ask to be connected to her room, then ask her to meet him downstairs.

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:39 pm

Aunties_Love wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:
teachturtle wrote:This may have been stated before, but I agree with the ones of you who have said Josh was F1 from the time he stepped out his limo.  I also believe had it not been Josh, he would have been introduced as a financial advisor and then we would have learned about his MLB past.  This was all done to create drama; without it there wouldn't have been any!  I believe the deleted scene video of Nick and Brian just proves how arrogant Nick is.  I truly believe he thought he was going to be the F1, and the tptb ran with it!  I can't wait to see how he reacts when he finds out he's not the one!  Viall would be a silly name for a dog; don't you think?  :P  (However, I do know several bulldogs named Murray around Athens!)  :winkie:

While I understand that he comes off conceited, he was also doing just what CH told them to do after Eric left.  Stop bromancing and start focusing on Andi.  Did he do it in the most PC way?  Nope, did he at least say this crap to the guys faces instead of behind their backs.

Finally, while I agree it was a dig, Murray is a really cool name for a dog!  Hugesmile 
I am baffled as to how the WHOLE family naming their dog Murray....how is that a dig.  It is a good dog name and not all things like that are meant as a dig, but more like just real life.

I think Murray is a great dog name, but I can understand how others might interpret this as a dig. I got the girl and we will name our dog after you. I don't think it was, but of the whole thing, this was something I could see those who worship one over the other getting mad at. Now that I know the whole thing was a play on Anchorman, I think it is even funnier and that my husband needs to watch this show with Nick. I don't let my hubby watch with me, his smart ass (yeah, sometimes they hit the ass catagory) distract me from paying attention. He racked Emily through the coals. Since her, he is sent to the other room.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by janeh810 Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:44 pm

Loveinterest, I think Nick had some encouragement from the production staff regarding the hotel room visit. I could be wrong.
janeh810
janeh810

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:50 pm

Alanna wrote:
Luvvy wrote:On the topic of strategy, I do find it interesting from what we were shown that Josh knew full well he was getting a HTD and did not feel the need to broadcast that (from what we were shown) whereas Nick did. Was he prodded to do so? Maybe, but it just gives more credence to him "playing the game" or strategizing. I prefer the way Josh (and Marcus) handled knowing their positions were pretty much secure for HTDs.
I think Nick was both encouraged to act like that and it's his natural personality to become over-analytic, stressed out, sarcastic and just in general lose it a little. He looked like he was having a meltdown all episode to me. He's not a bad guy probably but everything we've seen indicates this is the worst environment for him and tptb figured out how to press all his buttons. Josh, otoh, seems a lot more mentally stable and overall tougher. He's there for Andi's freakouts instead of asking Andi to protect him from the other mean boys in the house.

Not to start a fight, and I was guilty of calling Clare a narcissist last season, but discussing the mental stability of one of these people over another when we don't know them is a little much.

Einstein among other geniuses would probably be what average people would call mentally unstable. It is even said with genius comes madness, but really I think we can discuss without falling into discussion of mental stability or illness.

I was wrong to do this last season and it is probably best to leave it alone again this season.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by janeh810 Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:56 pm

Does anybody think that the production staff may have encouraged or even suggested Nick's visit to Andi's room? Or do you think this was totally Nick's plan and he implemented it the way he wanted to?
janeh810
janeh810

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:56 pm

Luvvy wrote:^^Nick hasn't used Josh's name - I didn't mean to imply that he did use his name. He hasn't directly responded to Josh either that I know of. He has, however, favorited tweets where Josh is mentioned unfavorably. And I think the plane video (and I do regard it as SM) has been largely believed as him talking about Josh. I also think his humor tweet yesterday was about Josh since everyone was talking about the deleted scene where Nick is talking about Josh directly...so while he may not be directly talking to Josh, I think there's enough evidence there for me to believe Nick is feeling the need to defend himself. I don't have enough proof to say the same for Josh.

He favorited one tweet and when informed that is was offensive apologized and removed it. Josh favorited a tweet about elbowing Nick in the ribs and not in a funny haha good way. I don't know if he unfavorited, because I don't follow it all that much.

So both had a momentary slip. Josh may not like Nick, but truly, he seems like a great and positive man who wouldn't have time for all the hate for anyone that seems to be spewing form his supporters toward Nick.

I like Josh, I like knowing what he is doing and want to follow. I think he is an awesome man. I am saddened that I might have to stop checking in on Josh because his threads are more about hating on Nick than loving on Josh.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:03 pm

To avoid posts from being deleted, please continue discussing the topic title. Josh Murray Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #5.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 18480

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:04 pm

Loveinterest wrote:I'm not sure why some are playing off the things Nick said as "his sense of humor" as he said to cover his mean spirited comments towards Josh.  I originally felt sorry for him regarding the comments on the plane he made about Josh, understanding he had just lost what he thought was his. Now I just think he's a complete attention seeking jerk.  He stole TV time from Marcus & Josh's dates last week & just can't keep his mouth shut.  He is trying to such Josh down with him but i don't see Josh biting. For those who are pointing fingers at Josh, remember, Nick has come out swinging towards Josh, at some point I'm sure Josh will defend himself. I agree with the guys, I would NEVER trust Nick to date my sister!! He is sleepy & sneaky.  I still can't shake his strategy filled with lies to get a key to Andi's room.  He could have simply used a hotel phone & ask to be connected to her room, then ask her to meet him downstairs.

To answer your first statement that is bolded above: Everyone (members) have a right to voice their opinion as long as they are following the site rules. So you are going to get as many opinions as there are posting members. It is allowed in Discussion threads. Only positive things are allowed in Fan threads. 
Everyone has a different sense of humor.  Smiley 

What is shown on our tv for viewing is 1% of what has been taped and edited out of the film that was taken. 
With that being said you are seeing a highly edited product for all cast. 
It is the job of production to create drama and points of interest in order to reel in viewers and ratings and to keep their sponsors happy. 
Nick had little to nothing to do with the whole sneak thing other than desire and willingness to go along with production and MeandI. 
Any of the guys, had they been approached by production, would have jumped at this. MeandI herself stated she had been hoping and waiting for this. So for all we know she could have encouraged production to set this up. 
It certainly is the farthest thing from the truth, that Nick left the common area where the guys were grouped, went into his room and grabbed his jacket,(in order to take the date outside vs bedroom where he did not need a jacket) came out and left the hotel room without being questioned by any of the guys as to where he was going and also have every moved filmed by the camera crew. Then went to the lobby and got MeandI's key all while a cameraman just had to be present again. Then after meeting with MeandI and getting back to his room, no on mentions or asks where he has been. Yeah.  giggling  This was not only sanctioned by production, but probably their idea. 
If he was really sneaky--he could have met her on his own terms without crew being aware. It's been done past seasons.

Again and this for all posters, in all threads:
The season is going to get more heated as the weeks continue. Fan threads are very pleasant. The show is meant for entertainment purposes.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:05 pm

janeh810 wrote:Agree with you Ash.  Now, and I know this has been said multiple times on this thread, why should we give TPTB and Nick the attention they want?  Nick has watched some other Bachelorette/Bachelor seasons.  So, he knows he'll get show time, MTA and ATFR time, if he draws attention to himself.  He has his strategy for being F1.  He is convinced he is F1.  This is not just a great editing job by the producers.  Nick has produced quite a sensation on these threads.  Am I wrong?  

janeh810, this is a question I have asked in the Nick thread. If you don't like Nick why bother reading his tweets and hearing what he has to say? I just don't get how hating on Nick helps anyone love on Josh.

I haven't seen this level of fan hate since Emily's season. It was out of control then and it is getting there now.

We see characters on a tv screen, is Nick possibly OCD and a little needy? Maybe, in this way he reminds me of Andi this episode. His confidence also rang of Nikki last season and his lack of enjoyment with the guys was JP with Ash.

I also think Josh is very much a more well rounded great guy then we have seen on the show. Josh was painted with the dangerous temper and jealousy brush after episode 4 and as someone with something to hide after episode 6? Is he, nope, that is the generalization the edit wanted the average viewer to believe.

I think both men are great with some traits in common and some key differences. At one point in France we hear they were friends from the other guys, now I think after Josh's 1:1 that maybe Nick did get insecure with Josh, because he did become a big frontrunner as well. It happens. Neither of them were particularly nice or overtly nasty about the other this episode. They both seem to be a little sick of their main competition. Again, shades of Nikki and Clare last season. Heck, except for Arie and Jef, I don't really know of many final two who were still real chummy in week 7 of the show.

Why do we have to hate on one person to like the other?
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 68 of 81 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 74 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #5

+87
motheroffive
Aunties_Love
emusha
Cecilia
livlafluv1