SELECT CONTENT

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #5

Page 67 of 81 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 74 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #5 - Page 67 Empty Re: Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #5

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:49 pm

FLChica wrote:Attempted to make it as a professional baseball player.  Attempted to make it as an SEC college football player.  Attempted to win the girl on a nationally televised reality tv dating show.  None of these are private  pursuits that would appeal to someone that doesn't enjoy attention.

May I remind you that all 6 of the F6 (I believe) have had a sports career of some kind? Guess the rules are different fo Minor league baseball than for Track, basketball or soccer? oh... and all 6 have "Attempted to win the girl on a nationally televised reality tv dating show.  "

Back to top Go down

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #5 - Page 67 Empty Re: Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #5

Post by janeh810 Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:50 pm

Is there a link or something that's entitled Nick's strategy? I thought I read something like that on this thread. But, I could be mistaken. Is there a particular link for something like that?
janeh810
janeh810

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper61 Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:51 pm

motheroffive wrote:
Piper61 wrote:
janeh810 wrote:Thanks for posting the scene.  I don't know what to make of it.  Is Josh saying that Nick asks the guys what he should do to keep in Andi's good favor?  Is Josh saying that,  in general, Nick talks too much?
I believe he's just talking about Nick talking too much about strategy on what comes next, what to do next, this scenario, that scenario...in other words, I don't think Josh wants to hear Nick talk further about things that make it seem like it's a game to Nick.  

To me, Nick talks around the other guys like he is the only one dating Andi.  I think Josh for one just doesn't want to hear it anymore!
Another way of interpreting the comment as well. I know Josh told Andi he doesn't like her talking to the other guys, etc., but I don't believe he's expressed that directly to them and probably didn't act that way towards them either.
Piper61
Piper61

Female Posts : 6364

Back to top Go down

Post by 1funnyfish Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:15 pm

Buddy TV has the hometown pics!!!

http://www.buddytv.com/slideshows/the-bachelorette/the-bachelorette-week-8-photos-the-hometown-dates-3889.aspx

1funnyfish

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:18 pm

Yay! Thanks for posting!! They are the cutest couple possible. I love seeing how happy Andi is!

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:19 pm

janeh810 wrote:Is there a link or something that's entitled Nick's strategy?  I thought I read something like that on this thread.  But, I could be mistaken.  Is there a particular link for something like that?  

Yes.

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-bachelorette/news/extras/140701-nicks-strategy

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:21 pm

sophienette wrote:
FLChica wrote:Attempted to make it as a professional baseball player.  Attempted to make it as an SEC college football player.  Attempted to win the girl on a nationally televised reality tv dating show.  None of these are private  pursuits that would appeal to someone that doesn't enjoy attention.

May I remind you that all 6 of the F6 (I believe) have had a sports career of some kind? Guess the rules are different fo Minor league baseball than for Track, basketball or soccer?  oh... and all 6 have "Attempted to win the girl on a nationally televised reality tv dating show.  "

clapping!

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #5 - Page 67 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:45 pm

sophienette wrote:

May I remind you that all 6 of the F6 (I believe) have had a sports career of some kind? Guess the rules are different fo Minor league baseball than for Track, basketball or soccer? oh... and all 6 have "Attempted to win the girl on a nationally televised reality tv dating show.  "

You certainly may remind me of this as did all the others that were kind enough to reply. All of you validated my statement: Nick is / was not the only one that apparently enjoys attention.

Actually yes the rules are a bit different for those that are involved in sports at a professional level - even if it is only at the lowest level of minor league baseball. It's what is supposed to make Josh more appealing & special vs. a contestant that only played in high school or coaches sports.

Not to be unkind, but Josh's "success" as a baseball player was not rising above single A ball after toiling for five years. It's reasonable to expect that was not his goal nor was it the expected level of success the Brewers had for him. I hardly think Josh would have subjected himself to Tommy John surgery as a high school athlete if he didn't aspire to play in the big leagues. Just an educated guess on my part.

In fairness to Josh, it doesn't seem that his main goal was to be a starter at Georgia. He was there to take care of Aaron and finish up his degree. All noble pursuits and wonderful that he had the money to do so from the minor league contract he signed. I would hesitate to say that seeing very limited time on special teams as a 'Dawg is considered "knocking it out of the park" in an athlete's estimation.

How interesting to see that Josh and Nick have a lot in common!

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper61 Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:48 pm

^^^Knocking it out of the park on three things in total.
Piper61
Piper61

Female Posts : 6364

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:53 pm

FLChica, can I ask you a question? Do you know Josh since you're from Florida? It just seems like every time his baseball career comes up you're quick to diminish it, so I was just curious. As a teenager, he was drafted to the MLB in the second round. That is darn good and it's unfortunate he didn't get to the level he wanted to, but far less people get to where Josh did. And let's be real, having "former professional baseball player" does not make him look good on the show. It makes it look like he doesn't have a job, which he does. It was strictly used for his storyline, not because he makes him look more desirable.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by janeh810 Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:57 pm

Thanks for the Nick's Strategy link and for posting the Hometown pics! Nick isn't too popular on Buddy TV?
janeh810
janeh810

Back to top Go down

Post by janeh810 Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:13 pm

Like Kasha has indicated, I'm sure Nick is a great guy. But, the facts remain that the edit and possibly Nick himself have put him in the "not well liked category", for the remaining weeks of the show. TPTB like/liked it that way, if the history of the franchise tells us anything. Maybe, Nick likes/liked it that way too. Hard to tell.
janeh810
janeh810

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 67 of 81 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 74 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #5

+87
motheroffive
Aunties_Love
emusha
Cecilia
livlafluv1