SELECT CONTENT

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #5

Page 65 of 81 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 73 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #5 - Page 65 Empty Re: Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #5

Post by FLChica Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:57 pm

janeh810 wrote:My take on Nick's tweet was that he wanted to defend to whomever saw the deleted scene, the twitter public, that he has a dry sense of humor, which can be interpreted as snark. I don't think the tweet was necessarily directed at Josh. I think Josh's tweet was directed to Nick because Josh doesn't feel any need to defend himself to the twitter public.

Nick tweets and he is defending himself to the twitter public. Josh tweets and he isn't defending himself to the twitter public? It seems there is a different set of rules for the two contestants.

FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #5 - Page 65 Empty Re: Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #5

Post by Ash2214 Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:07 pm

^ Well technically, there is a difference. Nick's tweets are more so in regards to defending himself to the public because of his edit. Josh doesn't really have much to defend since his edit isn't like the one Nick is getting. Considering Josh sent out that tweet not even an hour after Andi sent out the link to the deleted scenes, it more so seems like it's directed at Nick, even though it's on a social media platform. They're two different things - defending yourself to a mass of people versus sending out a tweet to kind of dig at one contestant. Plus, when you compare the actual tweets, they're far different. I'm not saying Nick is making excuses, but he's certainly trying to say it's just his dry sense of humor and so forth. Good for him, I'd be trying to stand up for myself too. I don't see Josh trying to defend himself here, more so probably just taking a little dig at Nick, which both of them have done to each other.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by janeh810 Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:17 pm

Agree with you Ash. Now, and I know this has been said multiple times on this thread, why should we give TPTB and Nick the attention they want? Nick has watched some other Bachelorette/Bachelor seasons. So, he knows he'll get show time, MTA and ATFR time, if he draws attention to himself. He has his strategy for being F1. He is convinced he is F1. This is not just a great editing job by the producers. Nick has produced quite a sensation on these threads. Am I wrong?
janeh810
janeh810

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle Eye Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:20 pm

albean99 wrote:
Eagle Eye wrote:^^ Nick said in the deleted scene that when he and Andi are married they're going to get a dog and name it Murray. How is that NOT a dig on Josh?

Obviously I like Nick but saw it differently. I think it was meant as a joke and not to be taken literally. I think at this point we've had so much shown to us of Nick's comments & PIs that everything is going to be taken badly. Shame on him for giving them that footage.
Oh, I have no doubt that he was just kidding and he's not literally going to get a dog and name it Murray. Doesn't change the fact that, IMO, it was a rude, condescending and totally obnoxious thing to say. "When Andi and I are married we're going to name our dog after you"? Just seems petty and unkind, to me.
Eagle Eye
Eagle Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:26 pm

Eagle Eye wrote:
albean99 wrote:
Eagle Eye wrote:^^ Nick said in the deleted scene that when he and Andi are married they're going to get a dog and name it Murray. How is that NOT a dig on Josh?

Obviously I like Nick but saw it differently. I think it was meant as a joke and not to be taken literally. I think at this point we've had so much shown to us of Nick's comments & PIs that everything is going to be taken badly. Shame on him for giving them that footage.
Oh, I have no doubt that he was just kidding and he's not literally going to get a dog and name it Murray. Doesn't change the fact that, IMO, it was a rude, condescending and totally obnoxious thing to say. "When Andi and I are married we're going to name our dog after you"? Just seems petty and unkind, to me.
The best part is Andi was totally deep into planning her whole life with Josh at this point based on her reaction to his ifyl and telling him how comforting she found it. laugh out loud Tptb are snarky too.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:27 pm

no no  "He's just a salesman."  "Don't give him too much credit for his intelligence."  "He's a dou***bag."   Nothing rude, condescending, petty or obnoxious in these statements.
FLChica
FLChica

Back to top Go down

Post by janeh810 Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:29 pm

Kashathediva wrote:
bleuberry wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:
How IS it a dig....It is a good dog name...hell, even my niece named her dog Murray.  Not everything can be summed up as a dig.  Just somethings are real life is all and really it comes down to simply being a name is just a name.

I don't know, maybe it was a harmless joke or as Nick called it his dry humor, but there's no way the dog's name was mere coincidence.
 partytime  See this guy. He is snarky. He likes to have fun. He has a dry, sarcastic sense of humor.  Does he say insensitive things at times. Absolutely. Is his timing off at times. Definitely.   :hidingchair  He does have a heart though.   :thismuch: And apparently according to his vast array of friends is a good friend and valued in their lives.  :swinginglove  

I know this guy well as I walk in his shoes.  :hug: 

This is Nick's brand of humor. It may not be received well. Does it matter, not much. He has lots of friends who know his heart and love him for who he is.  

I don't mind his cockiness, I don't mind his wit, I don't mind him catching the advantages that come his way or playing games with TPTB. Because it's pot meet kettle. :hug:   I get ya Nick.

I'm thinking the ATFR show will be a major disappointment for anyone hoping to see Nick lose his cool. He hasn't done so even while under attack by the jealous mean girls - oops, guys - on the show. He stays in control even in the heat of battle. Are we sure Nick isn't an athlete?

yeah this ^     Smiley

I agree with Kasha that it's snark. However, I think Nick is quite effective in getting the attention he craves. And, I think that craving for attention needs to be addressed.
janeh810
janeh810

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:36 pm

Eagle Eye wrote:
albean99 wrote:

These guys, according to Brian, were roommates much of the season. 
I think they understand each other's sense of humor pretty well and like each other, otherwise why be roomies? 
I think they are friends and just roughhousing verbally like guys do physically. 
All will be well and all probably is well.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:39 pm

However, I think Nick is quite effective in getting the attention he craves. And, I think that craving for attention needs to be addressed.
We don't know this. We only know what the editors give us. I can't emphasize this enough, having known someone very well for years who did this as his job.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:43 pm

So does stripping in a club in front of strangers while being filmed for a nationally televised reality dating show fit the criteria for craving attention?

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Back to top Go down

Post by janeh810 Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:45 pm

I partly agree Kasha.   The producers do a great job of editing. But, they have raw material to work with.
janeh810
janeh810

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:46 pm

FLChica wrote:So does stripping in a club in front of strangers while being filmed for a nationally televised reality dating show fit the criteria for craving attention?
LOL, how? When they didn't plan the date?

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 65 of 81 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 73 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #5

+87
motheroffive
Aunties_Love
emusha
Cecilia
livlafluv1