SELECT CONTENT

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #5

Page 31 of 81 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 56 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #5 - Page 31 Empty Re: Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #5

Post by Alanna Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:30 am

Iam4UGA wrote:
Alanna wrote:Unless I'm starting to make stuff up, which is entirely possible, I think Josh has tattoos of both a cross and a Star of David, which is strange because it's not in the Jewish culture to get tattoos, but that's another topic. Anyway, I never get any indication that Andi is religious whatsoever and was just angry at JPG for not knowing anything about her. If she wants to keep some Jewish traditions, I cannot see Josh as someone who would be so inflexible that it wouldn't be ok since he's half Jewish culturally as well. Once again, IMO, another remarkable fit. I don't know who else she could be a better match with, show wise or real life wise.

One more thing regarding the tweets. I think because Josh is so open, twitter is open, fb is open (all albums from 2000s where he was channeling lance bass, statuses, everything), he probably cannot figure out why she's so almost angry with him all the time for "hiding" stuff. It just doesn't go with what he's like and how he lives his life, unless all these accounts are an act and he's really the party Josh Murray account laugh out loud

Hi Alanna!   :WAVEY: Glad to be on #teamjosh with you this season as we were on #TeamCupcake a few seasons ago.

Per the bolded, I think it is Aaron that has these 2 tattoos.  But still all in the same family.

Also - not aimed at Alanna...

In one of Andi's interviews pre-show, (this is not verbatim, I can't remember the exact quote) she said she is Jewish, but not devout.  So in other words, is open to different ideas (this is my take from it).  I am sure the interview is posted on here somewhere, but I don't have the time at work to look for it.

Hi!! I wish we named them team sushi from the beginning, will it catch on now, you think?? 

IA she seems culturally, not religiously, Jewish to me as well.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #5 - Page 31 Empty Re: Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #5

Post by Iam4UGA Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:32 am

Alanna wrote:
Iam4UGA wrote:
Alanna wrote:Unless I'm starting to make stuff up, which is entirely possible, I think Josh has tattoos of both a cross and a Star of David, which is strange because it's not in the Jewish culture to get tattoos, but that's another topic. Anyway, I never get any indication that Andi is religious whatsoever and was just angry at JPG for not knowing anything about her. If she wants to keep some Jewish traditions, I cannot see Josh as someone who would be so inflexible that it wouldn't be ok since he's half Jewish culturally as well. Once again, IMO, another remarkable fit. I don't know who else she could be a better match with, show wise or real life wise.

One more thing regarding the tweets. I think because Josh is so open, twitter is open, fb is open (all albums from 2000s where he was channeling lance bass, statuses, everything), he probably cannot figure out why she's so almost angry with him all the time for "hiding" stuff. It just doesn't go with what he's like and how he lives his life, unless all these accounts are an act and he's really the party Josh Murray account laugh out loud

Hi Alanna!   :WAVEY: Glad to be on #teamjosh with you this season as we were on #TeamCupcake a few seasons ago.

Per the bolded, I think it is Aaron that has these 2 tattoos.  But still all in the same family.

In one of Andi's interviews pre-show, (this is not verbatim, I can't remember the exact quote) she said she is Jewish, but not devout.  So in other words, is open to different ideas (this is my take from it).  I am sure the interview is posted on here somewhere, but I don't have the time at work to look for it.

Hi!! I wish we named them team sushi from the beginning, will it catch on now, you think?? 

Too funny - maybe it would catch on!

"How careful I must be, somewhere a little fellow watches me." - Herman Boone - High School Hall of Fame Coach
Iam4UGA
Iam4UGA

Female Posts : 800

Back to top Go down

Post by janeh810 Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:32 am

What happened to all the conspiracy theorists that said that the Nick phone conversation on the flight home was a plant by TPTB? Has too much evidence mounted that Josh is F1?
janeh810
janeh810

Back to top Go down

Post by eliza3 Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:39 am

Alanna wrote:
Iam4UGA wrote:

Can you explain what you mean by culturally Jewish?
eliza3
eliza3

Back to top Go down

Post by janeh810 Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:48 am

I think she adheres to the strong work and education ethic of the Jewish culture.
janeh810
janeh810

Back to top Go down

Post by janeh810 Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:00 am

I also think, unless one is Jewish Orthodox, the Jewish culture encourages women and men, equally, to excel in education and professional positions.
janeh810
janeh810

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:05 am

Sure, I don't have time to type it out now but Kasha and Ironcat are excellent about explaining it!! This is JP, Jason, and also Andi IMO.

Wiki link in case Kasha and Ironcat don't see his post: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_Judaism

Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:13 am

Hi, I'm here.  I would consider myself culturally Jewish but not at all devout, meaning I identify with the Jewish experience (food/cooking, humor, Yiddish expressions, family closeness, support for/interest in Israel), recognize the major holidays but don't go to temple and don't follow the strict tenets of worship.  It's sort of like how some Americans will identify as Italian or Irish or Greek in their heritage; my heritage is Jewish, as opposed to Russian/Austrian which is where my grandparents all came from.

Hope that helps.  Hugesmile

Also want to add that with regard to Andi and Josh, the fact that both come from interfaith marriages, I'd be shocked if they hadn't discussed this topic and come to some sort of agreement as to how they would proceed regarding it if they eventually married/raised children. They both of course have their own parents as examples of how it can work with, I assume, compromise and open communication. Except of course that these two apparently don't know how to communicate. Oops! Hugesmile 

Last edited by ironcat on Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by janeh810 Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:15 am

Mamma Murray may have been baptized Christian. But, I'm sure she has retained the Jewish culture of her upbringing. So, I'm sure she and Andi would get along quite well.
janeh810
janeh810

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:15 am

ironcat wrote:Hi, I'm here.  I would consider myself culturally Jewish but not at all devout, meaning I identify with the Jewish experience (food/cooking, humor, Yiddish expressions, family closeness, support for/interest in Israel), recognize the major holidays but don't go to temple and don't follow the strict tenets of worship.  It's sort of like how some Americans will identify as Italian or Irish or Greek in their heritage; my heritage is Jewish, as opposed to Russian/Austrian which is where my grandparents all came from.

Hope that helps.  Hugesmile 
Speak of the devil kisses

~ Sex and the City

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:26 am

Josh, Aaron and Stephanie were raised both Carholic and Jewish, but recently they were all baptized with their mom. It does appear from her Facebook though that she at least still celebrates each Jewish holiday. Also, Aaron is the one that has the tattoo of a cross and also the Star of David. I read an interview where he said they were extremely important to him because they represented both of his faiths and also represented each parent. While it seems they're only Catholics now their Jewish faith is still somewhat a part of their lives.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by jcrbil Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:35 am

I know many Jewish people who have become Christians (in adulthood). They haven't abandoned their Jewishness because they have come to believe that the promises God made to them have been kept.

Though I'm pretty certain that issues of faith very possibly were discussed by Andi and Josh during filming I'm also pretty certain that we will see none of it. Considering that we never heard any of the discussions Sean had on the subject (something he talked about with everyone), it is impossible to think the tptb have suddenly decided that faith discussions make good tv (I disagree with tptb, but they certainly don't care what I think).

jcrbil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 81 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 56 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #5

+87
motheroffive
Aunties_Love
emusha
Cecilia
livlafluv1