SELECT CONTENT

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #4

Page 36 of 79 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 57 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #4 - Page 36 Empty Re: Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #4

Post by Retiredswimmom Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:06 pm

jcrbil wrote:
Retiredswimmom wrote:
jcrbil wrote:^^ As for finding Andi on his own.  Who really had a sense of her from the bachelorette until sometime in February- at which time she was already signed up for to be the Bachelorette.  Josh had been in Atlanta for one whole month by then- and even if they lived near one another who knows if there was either time or opportunity for them to me (highly unlikely that there was).

Something that just occurred to me which is another thing that they have in common is the pursuit of a high level of athletics in high school- Josh with his successful attempt to be drafted very high in the amateur baseball draft (his later career was not so successful) and Andi's attempt (unsuccessful) to be a very high level tennis player- to the point that she was homeschooled.

It was not the amateur draft.  It was the pro draft.  He was picked in the second by the Milwaukee Brewers right out of high school with the signing bonus around $875,000.

It's called the amateur draft because amateurs are being drafted to become pros.

So that would apply to college athletes too? Because you have to be an amateur to play a sport in college. NCAA makes sure of that. My son swims for a Div I school so I know the rule real well.

Retiredswimmom

Back to top Go down

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #4 - Page 36 Empty Re: Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #4

Post by Judiful Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:12 pm

Well, I can't wait for their date tomorrow night ...I love Josh and Andi's chemistry. They are so flirty and playful together which always makes for more fun. These little teaser tweets etc are such a trip. No matter what team we are on, they sure keep us going . Is it monday yet ??  :Woah-hoo: 

Team Sugar And Spice bestbud!
 .     Scary-Good
Judiful
Judiful

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:20 pm

pavalygurl wrote:
Ash2214 wrote:I live in Boston, which is a major city that constantly has tourists, and you cannot buy sun screen, bug spray, etc. in Boston that's in another language. Also, if Andi is still in the states, why would she buy a bottle that's written in Spanish when she's in an English speaking country that's going to have more bottles written in English versus Spanish? That's makes no sense to me.

I don't think they're stupid and I don't think it's a "foiler" campaign. To me, it's as simple that that they're dropping little clues, that most viewers wouldn't have the slightest clue about. They don't care. People will still watch the show. It's not like they're out there screaming they're together. Little clues aren't doing anything for the more casual viewer, which most of them are.

While I agree, that may be the case in Boston, here in LA many products appear with directions etc only in Spanish.  It's not unusual to see at all, in many stores.
I would think that the same is true in Florida and Texas (Marcus) .
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3307

Back to top Go down

Post by jcrbil Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:30 pm

Yes, the baseball (amateur) draft includes both high school and college players.  So to be chosen #47 overall (I think that's what he said- #7 in 2nd round anyway) is quite an accomplishment.  Most often players are in the draft the last year of high school or in college.  If they don't sign or they mature as a player in college then they are eligible again in another 2 years.... and then 2 years after that.  I think each team retains the rights to sign a player for 2 years.  The whole draft can go 40 rounds.... sometimes the picks in the late rounds can be a little silly as was the case this year... because most players that late really don't have a shot.

Last edited by jcrbil on Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarification)

jcrbil

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:33 pm

nannymargie wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:
luvlady345 wrote:
pander3575 wrote:Actually what has Josh done?   I must have missed that.  He was seen on a plane to Mexico so that wasn't his fault.  Was there something else?

I haven't seen anything, not unless you count the purple/yellow ribbons he was wearing...
IMO, they are oversized elastic colored bands...that's all! IMO

Which just happens to be Andi's college colors.
I believe they are also colors of many other diseases and charities/fights that they may want to support. Sorry, I just can't fall for that....makes no sense to me.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10816

Back to top Go down

Post by Retiredswimmom Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:35 pm

jcrbil wrote:Yes, the baseball (amateur) draft includes both high school and college players.  So to be chosen #47 overall (I think that's what he said- #7 in 2nd round anyway) is quite an accomplishment.  Most often players are in the draft the last year of high school or in college.  If they don't sign or they mature as a player in college then they are eligible again in another 2 years.... and then 2 years after that.  I think each team retains the rights to sign a player for 2 years.  The whole draft can go 40 rounds.... sometimes the picks in the late rounds can be a little silly as was the case this year... because most players that late really don't have a shot.

Swimming cannot be that lucky. Thank you for your info.. You learn something new everyday.  :cutesmile!: 

Retiredswimmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:36 pm

MVMom39forever wrote:
Ash2214 wrote:I live in Boston, which is a major city that constantly has tourists, and you cannot buy sun screen, bug spray, etc. in Boston that's in another language. Also, if Andi is still in the states, why would she buy a bottle that's written in Spanish when she's in an English speaking country that's going to have more bottles written in English versus Spanish? That's makes no sense to me.

I don't think they're stupid and I don't think it's a "foiler" campaign. To me, it's as simple that that they're dropping little clues, that most viewers wouldn't have the slightest clue about. They don't care. People will still watch the show. It's not like they're out there screaming they're together. Little clues aren't doing anything for the more casual viewer, which most of them are.

So are we to believe that Andi, the lawyer who ranted on national tv to Juan Pablo about not appreciating the opportunity that ABC provided him as lead, would send out an image of a can of bug spray to get the point across she is in Mexico with Josh?

Or better yet, that Andi and Josh have nothing better to do while on a safe house visit in beautiful Cancun or Tulum than checkout Elan's twitter feed, read tweet from random lady to Elan and then take it upon themselves to figure out what obscure image they could tweet that subtly lets those who are carefully monitoring their SM activity that Andi is also with Josh? Why?

That just makes no sense.

All evidence points to Andi being a good little rule follower just like Sean who has benefitted greatly. She friggin irons her sheets. This is not a woman who colors outside the lines. The only reason Andi tweeted that can of bug spray is because somebody with ABC/Fleiss told her to do so. After the nastiness that Juan Pablo endured and having DWTS yanked away, she would be stupid to not tow line. And Andi is way too smart for that.

Yes, Josh could have been by her side when she did it. TPTB sure want us to think he is F1 and that if Josh is in Mexico, so too is Andi.  I am sure ABC is hoping all this teasing of clues translates to lift in ratings for Josh's long awaited first date.

I still think F1 could be anyone, including Josh but also everyone else. But good news for Josh fans, if he is not F1, I think it's pretty much slam dunk he is next bachelor.
I agree the idea that Josh being F1 is being so crammed down my throat, it makes me want to turn the other way and find reasons why...IMO, Josh isn't F1 and Fleiss and co are on a major foiler campaign.

Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:49 pm

Ash2214 wrote:^ that is the exact opposite of what I meant actually. What I was saying is that 85-90% of the viewers don't even know about that one tweet about spotting Josh on his way to Cancun. It's really only us and I would say half of RS readers seeing how he only mentioned it on his live chat. Therefore, there's aren't clues to most viewers. I'm not saying Andi posted that on purpose. What I'm saying is these are little things that only a selective amount of people would pick up on. Since that is the case, Andi and Josh wouldn't care if what they post could be viewed as a clue. Not saying she purposely tweeted that out.
Well, I am sure everyone will know soon enough. It will be in the ragmags immediately so anyone that picks up one of those will know.

Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:52 pm

MVMom39forever wrote:
Ash2214 wrote:^ that is the exact opposite of what I meant actually. What I was saying is that 85-90% of the viewers don't even know about that one tweet about spotting Josh on his way to Cancun. It's really only us and I would say half of RS readers seeing how he only mentioned it on his live chat. Therefore, there's aren't clues to most viewers. I'm not saying Andi posted that on purpose. What I'm saying is these are little things that only a selective amount of people would pick up on. Since that is the case, Andi and Josh wouldn't care if what they post could be viewed as a clue. Not saying she purposely tweeted that out.

So what was Andi's intentions? What compelled her to take a photo of a can of OFF with Spanish writing and send that tweet?

What message do you think she was sending and who is her intended audience?
Could it be that she's paying homage to her actual F1 and that F1 would know what it meant. Considering DR is spanish speaking country too...Hell she could of bought it while in DR for that matter????

Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:59 pm

pavalygurl wrote:

While I agree, that may be the case in Boston, here in LA many products appear with directions etc only in Spanish.  It's not unusual to see at all, in many stores.

Right, but like I said, if she's on LA or another city in the US where English is the first language, why would she buy a Spanish one? Particularly since I highly doubt a store in America wouldn't have any in English. I just find that odd.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:12 pm

Aunties_Love wrote:
Alanna wrote:I don't get it, we were dying for proof that Andi is in Mexico with Josh, she conveniently provided it and now it's also being tossed into the foiler category? How is it possible that absolutely everything is a foiler? It's never happened before in any other season and yet this season every clue is a foiler? I'm with Irishgirl, they're just arrogant and can do and tweet and say and Instagram and post and wear whatever they want because they feel untouchable. I love em together already but that's just how I see their personalities.
To me, there is so much so called proof out there and far more than we have ever had in any season that IMO, it looks made up.  We are forced to feel that Josh is F1 from what info we are getting.  Since this hasn't happened in any season before, I for one don't know how certain I can feel about it and am waiting for the other shoe to drop so to speak.  Because there is a glutten of info regarding Josh as F1, I am having an extreme time accepting it.  Seems too forced and made up for it to be real...Hope I have made my thoughts clear. I know it is thought that I am trying to find stuff for Chris to be F1, on the contrary.  I do like Chris, but for now, ALL of the F4 in my mind have a chance at being the F1 right now.

I have had trouble explaining exactly what I am saying and therefore don't know if my exact position is known.

For the life of me, I cannot think of any rational reason that a 28 (?) year of woman would feel compelled to take a photo of a can of bug spray and tweet it. People tweet photos of a lot of stupid things, but for most of them I can come up with some sort of significance. A glass of wine, or 2 glasses of wine, a sunset, a menu, a dog, a cat....all photos of something with personal meaning..."I'm relaxing, I'm relaxing with a friend, I'm chilling at sunset, I'm at my favorite restaurant, Look at my cute dog or kitty". What the heck kind of personal signnificance can bug spray have? NONE. Her lame-o attenpt at humor (Can I use this spray without my family here?) is so ridiculously stupid, it defy explanation, imo. There was ZERO, I repeat, ZERO NEED for her to tweet that photo. Therefore, she did so strictly for teasing reasons...teasing us that she is with Josh to flaunt it or she was told to tease us as a means of a foiler. Seriously, there's been so much already spoiled this season that fine sleuths have shared, that I don't think TPTB needed Andi to try to persuade viewers that she is with Josh. It is precisely because (like Auntie said above) there is so much pointed at Josh that this ridiculous tweet comes across as overkill. Personally, I think from the show so far, that she does pick Josh, and based on what I've observed and learned about Andi, I'd be likely to say that Josh is the best match there for her. So, it's not as if I want somebody else to "win" or do not want Josh "to win". It is just that that bug spray tweet was so STUPID that I cannot believe she tweeted it without being instructed to do so. But, by whom and to what purpose???
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:19 pm

MVMom39forever wrote:

So are we to believe that Andi, the lawyer who ranted on national tv to Juan Pablo about not appreciating the opportunity that ABC provided him as lead, would send out an image of a can of bug spray to get the point across she is in Mexico with Josh?

Or better yet, that Andi and Josh have nothing better to do while on a safe house visit in beautiful Cancun or Tulum than checkout Elan's twitter feed, read tweet from random lady to Elan and then take it upon themselves to figure out what obscure image they could tweet that subtly lets those who are carefully monitoring their SM activity that Andi is also with Josh? Why?

That just makes no sense.

All evidence points to Andi being a good little rule follower just like Sean who has benefitted greatly. She friggin irons her sheets. This is not a woman who colors outside the lines. The only reason Andi tweeted that can of bug spray is because somebody with ABC/Fleiss told her to do so. After the nastiness that Juan Pablo endured and having DWTS yanked away, she would be stupid to not tow line. And Andi is way too smart for that.

Yes, Josh could have been by her side when she did it. TPTB sure want us to think he is F1 and that if Josh is in Mexico, so too is Andi.  I am sure ABC is hoping all this teasing of clues translates to lift in ratings for Josh's long awaited first date.

I still think F1 could be anyone, including Josh but also everyone else. But good news for Josh fans, if he is not F1, I think it's pretty much slam dunk he is next bachelor.

MVMOM....just want to say that above bolded is perfection! Totally agree (with this and so much more that you have posted this season. We are on the same wavelength!)
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 79 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 57 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #4

+84
dw_a_mom
momoftrips
emeraldluvsbama
torybean
mrsbatonmom