SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 10 - Media Thread - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Page 62 of 88 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 75 ... 88  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 10 - Media Thread - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 62 Empty Re: Bachelorette 10 - Media Thread - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by sanlee088 Sun May 18, 2014 12:14 pm

Some scenes from dates in CityTv preview:

http://www.citytv.com/winnipeg/shows/the-bachelorette/
sanlee088
sanlee088

Female Posts : 1754

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 10 - Media Thread - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 62 Empty Re: Bachelorette 10 - Media Thread - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by stuckinsc Sun May 18, 2014 12:15 pm

docnash14 wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:
Longhornfan wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:
julychild wrote:2nd part of Realitytvworld Interview:

Andi Dorfman: I was ready to move past Juan Pablo Galavis and 'The Bachelor' ties, I broke away from last season
By Elizabeth Kwiatkowski, 05/15/2014

I understand your Jewish. Do your Jewish values play a role in the type of man you're looking for? Do you prefer to meet someone Jewish or is that not really a big deal to you?

Andi Dorfman: I mean, I am definitely proud of my heritage. My family great up with great cultural and traditional things that we always did, and I think that's so fun to see in another person. I'm really just looking for somebody that's kind and that I get along with and somebody that kind of completes me. It doesn't really matter, the religion. I just want a really kind, loving man.

Are you looking for intellectual compatibility as opposed to chemistry this time around?

Andi Dorfman: I am definitely looking for intellectual chemistry. I want that physical chemistry, that mental connection, that intellectual connection, absolutely. I think that's part of the whole package. That's what I'm looking for hopefully in a future husband.
Going into the season, did you have any dealbreakers? Like a smoker or someone who doesn't want kids? Anything that would make you automatically think, "No, you're not the guy for me?"

Andi Dorfman: I'll tell you that I was pretty open. I will say a dealbreaker for me is probably someone that just absolutely doesn't want to have a family. To me, that's one of my ultimate goals in life, and I think that would probably be a dealbreaker for me.

These three questions and answers stood out to me.  

We got our answer that she is jewish, but doesn't need it from her F1 and that she wants the totally package, not just the hot guy.  I will be keeping that in mind, because on paper some of the guys she keeps around give off the just hot vibe.

Finally, I thought the answer to the deal breaker question was phrased interesting.  On a season that emphasized that she was going to get to know her guys, she doesn't say directly that she covered her one deal breaker of wanting a family with them.  I am sure she did, but odd to me that she didn't say that directly in the answer.

Let me see if I have this correct.  Andi's dad is Jewish, but her mother is not.  And we do not know if either of her parents are actively practicing their professed religions?

Josh's dad is Jewish, but his mother is not.  And it appears that the Murray boys and their sister have been raised as Christians.  Is this correct?

I actually think Momma Murray is Jewish and Dad is Catholic, but I am not sure.  Josh had pics on twitter last year of Momma and the kids all getting baptized, in many Catholic churches the baptism of new Catholics, happens at the Easter Vigil mass.  It is a beautiful mass, but really long.

Anyone else know the answer to this?

Either way, he and Andi have the split Jewish/Christian household thing in common.

Josh and his two siblings were baptized last December.  As a Catholic, I am aware of the practice of baptizing converts Easter eve.  Here's a picture of the family inside the church.  Not sure if it's Catholic as I am unable to see if there is a crucifix above the altar.
Bachelorette 10 - Media Thread - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 62 Josh_s10

My churches in Texas and Georgia both did them on Easter's eve. I kind of liked it then, part of the rebirth. The services I have been to in both places are actually getting the sacraments through confirmation all in this same mass.

I wasn't sure if this was done other places. The parish I grew up in FL doesn't do it this way, just whenever during a normal mass.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun May 18, 2014 12:16 pm

docnash14 wrote:
I don't think his not watching has to do with Andi as much as it has to do with his prior proclamation that he is done with the franchise.  Further, he had never watched the show prior to Des' season and stopped watching it after he was kicked off her season.    In a different vein, I thought Andi's comment in one of the recent interviews about Nikki was lukewarm at best (in contrast to Nikki who continues to describe Andi as a very close friend).  Andi said something to the effect that she was still friends with Nikki and that she (Andi) wished Nikki and JP luck.

Doc, I have noticed this as well. It is another thing that has bothered me with Andi starting her season. Before taping the Bachelorette, she seemed much friendlier to Nikki. I don't understand the shift in tone.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Sun May 18, 2014 12:51 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
docnash14 wrote:
I don't think his not watching has to do with Andi as much as it has to do with his prior proclamation that he is done with the franchise.  Further, he had never watched the show prior to Des' season and stopped watching it after he was kicked off her season.    In a different vein, I thought Andi's comment in one of the recent interviews about Nikki was lukewarm at best (in contrast to Nikki who continues to describe Andi as a very close friend).  Andi said something to the effect that she was still friends with Nikki and that she (Andi) wished Nikki and JP luck.

Doc, I have noticed this as well.  It is another thing that has bothered me with Andi starting her season.  Before taping the Bachelorette, she seemed much friendlier to Nikki.  I don't understand the shift in tone.

I think I know which article you are referring to but not sure where it is to quote from it.  It's possible that Andi is also saying she wants her show to be about her own journey for love; to move beyond the association in people's' minds of her exit and association with Nikki & JPG and focus on her love story. her season hasn't started yet so interviewers are still bringing up her exit but that will change soon.
I agree that it came across as lukewarm.
It will be interesting to see if the Andi/Nikki friendship continues.  They knew each other and bonded during a few months of filming however since Nikki was probably not allowed to see Andi during the airing of The Bachelor and then Andi left to shoot her own season. Their in person contact appears to only have been the pic from ATFR.  Also, Andi's tie with TPTB is much greater now and the extend to which they direct her responses are unknown.  From previous season media blitzes, we do know that they are given talking points.
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sun May 18, 2014 1:12 pm

I don't know if anyone else is familiar with the "Right Reasons" podcast done by Juliet Litman and Dave Jacoby of Grantland.com. They talk all about reality tv each week. This addition is all about the guys bios. They don't read spoilers from what I know so it's just their opinion. Pretty entertaining. Watch it if you want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em-Glsi2nxc

Bachelorette 10 - Media Thread - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 62 87b72b10 Bachelorette 10 - Media Thread - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 62 86669110 Bachelorette 10 - Media Thread - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 62 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Sun May 18, 2014 1:35 pm

sanlee088 wrote:Some scenes from dates in CityTv preview:

Who is she having dinner with?

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaltie Sun May 18, 2014 1:46 pm

atem wrote:

Josh.

Kaltie

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Sun May 18, 2014 1:48 pm

Kaltie wrote:
atem wrote:

Josh.

Thanks!

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosepetal Sun May 18, 2014 2:03 pm

atem wrote:
Kaltie wrote:
atem wrote:

Josh.

Thanks!  

Interesting...She is pulling that guy in for a kiss.
Rosepetal
Rosepetal

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Sun May 18, 2014 2:13 pm

umngirl wrote:I don't know if anyone else is familiar with the "Right Reasons" podcast done by Juliet Litman and Dave Jacoby of Grantland.com. They talk all about reality tv each week. This addition is all about the guys bios. They don't read spoilers from what I know so it's just their opinion. Pretty entertaining. Watch it if you want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em-Glsi2nxc

That what's great fun to watch! Thanks for the link yes 
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 18, 2014 2:14 pm

I swear that JoDi's type dates and gestures like a Chres 2.0 (at least for me). This dinner resembles Des pulling in for kiss in Munich, and so does the slow dance serenade w private performer on romantic setting .The distance of shots and screen time On the preview are all very similar. Either they are messing around with me or just handed the F1 on a silver platter..laugh out loud. Btw thanks 4 the link!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 18, 2014 3:14 pm

Long-winded post coming:

I tend to agree Mura.  With the fact that Josh was an obvious choice for her anyway, plus his absence from the early commercials, and the scenes from the trailer, I think the spoilers + sleuthing all point to Josh, thus far.   It seems more likely to me Chris or Marcus would be the surprise F1, than Nick after that season preview.   We'll see what RS has, but I suspect we do already know how this one will end.

That doesn't bother me - I made the choice to read the spoilers and follow the sleuthing, so I can't then say it will bore me to know what happens.  It's the characters and details that will be fun to watch. I still think this seems like the best crop of guys since Ali and I think Andi will be an entertaining lead, in many ways - tantrums & scolding included with having good connections with several great guys.

I'm a bit bummed that my guess is as soon as she met Josh (I believe they didn't know each other but she certainly knew of him and his family) she would know of his families local celebrity and status, the fact that his brother was about to become a NFL QB, that he'd be an exciting pick to her family and friends, etc. Several things to draw her to him and make him a major front runner before even having a converstation or going on a date.  That's the thing that seems unfair in a way.

If they have great love story I'm sure I'll love watching it.  I know I'll love some of the other guys.  And overall I think I'll love the season.  I'm not expecting a surprise ending, but you never know until you watch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 62 of 88 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 75 ... 88  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 10 - Media Thread - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

+85
foodie
4health
2observe
black_tears
nannymargie