SELECT CONTENT

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #2

Page 23 of 52 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 37 ... 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #2 - Page 23 Empty Re: The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #2

Post by Aunties_Love Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:27 pm

sophienette wrote:
nd4reality wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:So, back to the show...
If he is F1(not that I am doubting Love's and San's info), why is he being edited as being shifty in the last episode.  Spying on James and his time with Des?

San or Love_Me, is it possible to get a religion thread going again like what happened during Emily's season, versus talking about it all in the main threads?  Would appreciate it.  Thanks!!
Some of us have been noticing a few flaws from an editing pov ourselves but now figure that the editing will leave everything in (well not scenes with Drew and Des because hey why should we lol). But yeah they are showing the flaws and all. Which makes very little sense but perhaps post-season we will understand why.

I think the editing is weird because they are dealing with something very weird... a 1st 1-1 being F1...
Yes, that could be too.  But like I said in another post, he isn't offering much to the producers to use in order to cast doubt on him being F1.

ED: I guess I should clarify..I am not against Brooks. Or of him being F1. I just have a few thoughts and questions so am stating them.

Last edited by Aunties_Love on Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10817

Back to top Go down

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #2 - Page 23 Empty Re: The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #2

Post by BarbB222 Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:29 pm

sophienette wrote:
nd4reality wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:So, back to the show...
If he is F1(not that I am doubting Love's and San's info), why is he being edited as being shifty in the last episode.  Spying on James and his time with Des?

San or Love_Me, is it possible to get a religion thread going again like what happened during Emily's season, versus talking about it all in the main threads?  Would appreciate it.  Thanks!!
Some of us have been noticing a few flaws from an editing pov ourselves but now figure that the editing will leave everything in (well not scenes with Drew and Des because hey why should we lol). But yeah they are showing the flaws and all. Which makes very little sense but perhaps post-season we will understand why.

I think the editing is weird because they are dealing with something very weird... a 1st 1-1 being F1...

That sounds absolutely wonderful. Not only that it was weird for them trying to hide it and tell a story . In other words , too obvious..
BarbB222
BarbB222

Female Posts : 2366

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:31 pm

I don't see him getting a bad edit...
With the exception of the dodgeball date and what some people considered him being wimpy what is "bad" about his edit? I think dodgeball hospital scene was more to fill the episode with drama than anything else and they opted for dramatics rather than just letting him go off to the hospital. But their first date, was pretty darn perfect and they didn't show him during the AC date with Des. He was 3rd in the contest. Someone break it down please? I recall people saying JP had a bad edit too because they showed his jealousy.
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:34 pm

BarbB222 wrote:Brooks was going to interrupt James and Des' time IMO not spy. He just didn't expect to see them enjoying each other as they were. On the positive side, at least he saw Des kissing another guy right then and there so if he's F1 won't be surprised that he wasn't the only one kissed.

I don't know. He might've just been spying. I mean, he did already have his time with her and he doesn't seem too selfish. Maybe he would've interrupted if they hadn't been kissing. But really, would he feel good about doing that?

After all James' talk he probably just wanted to know what James had with Des. It was probably pure curiosity. I like that they show him realistically rather than painting him as perfect. That's boring. I like that they're showing more of his personality.

And I don't think the edit he's getting is bad at all. They're showing him in a very positive light, including his fun side.

Last edited by canyonvue on Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by jcrbil Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:35 pm

sfrank wrote:I don't see him getting a bad edit...
With the exception of the dodgeball date and what some people considered him being wimpy what is "bad" about his edit? I think dodgeball hospital scene was more to fill the episode with drama than anything else and they opted for dramatics rather than just letting him go off to the hospital. But their first date, was pretty darn perfect and they didn't show him during the AC date with Des. He was 3rd in the contest. Someone break it down please? I recall people saying JP had a bad edit too because they showed his jealousy.

I think that might be it. The first date usually has a hard time while everyone else has a dte... jealousy or inattention or whatever. So TPTB are intent on showing that with Brooks, though none of that is the case- Des pays him loads of attention and he's not really jealous because all of the guys know Des is into him, too.

jcrbil

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:39 pm

I made an addition to my last post. I don't dislike Brooks or him being F1, but do see a few things that I am questioning with the edit and just was asking for y'all's thoughts on it.

I have broken a finger pretty bad in the past so know the pain that can come from it so, no I don't think he's a wuss or wimpy on it. The only thing I was asking about during last epi was that if Brooks isn't really giving them much to cast doubt on him being F1, did they have to choose that one to cast the doubt?

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10817

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:42 pm

jcrbil wrote:

I think that might be it.  The first date usually has a hard time while everyone else has a dte... jealousy or inattention or whatever.  So TPTB are intent on showing that with Brooks, though none of that is the case- Des pays him loads of attention and he's not really jealous because all of the guys know Des is into him, too.

He said it was hard to see them kissing. So, that's a little bit of jealousy.

Back to top Go down

Post by terabithia Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:43 pm

That was most likely a producer set up, IMO he was told to see what James and Des were doing. They often show the person who gets the first date slowly unraveling as the season progresses out of jealousy. Harrison loves to talk about it every season too, can the first date handle establishing an early connection and then being forced to watch new connections being formed after s/he thought they had something special? So this jealousy thing is more of the same, to me.

JP's jealousy was highlighted during Ashley's season, it was deemed so out of control by some fans they were convinced JP had anger management problems and he'd end up abusing and controlling Ash. (I can't imagine anyone still believes that.) It was not a positive part of JP's edit, but JP and Ashley had a feel good ending for a lot of fans and people aren't still grumbling about JP being a jealous monster.
terabithia
terabithia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:46 pm

Aunties_Love wrote:
I made an addition to my last post.  I don't dislike Brooks or him being F1, but do see a few things that I am questioning with the edit and just was asking for y'all's thoughts on it.

I have broken a finger pretty bad in the past so know the pain that can come from it so, no I don't think he's a wuss or wimpy on it.  The only thing I was asking about during last epi was that if Brooks isn't really giving them much to cast doubt on him being F1, did they have to choose that one to cast the doubt?

I don't think he was wimpy, either. I heard a guy, who has had broken bones, say that there's a lot of pain and he said that Brooks probably had a compact fracture and that hurts bad. A guy was defending him. The girls said that he was acting brave in front of Des, trying not to cry and they thought it was cute. And they discussed the oxygen tubes in his nose. One girl said she didn't understand why that was necessary until he explained later on that he'd passed out when they re-set it. Then, she said, the oxygen made total sense.

Some people saw it logically and clearly.

I always thought he acted brave.

Back to top Go down

Post by BarbB222 Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:49 pm

canyonvue wrote:
BarbB222 wrote:Brooks was going to interrupt James and Des' time IMO not spy. He just didn't expect to see them enjoying each other as they were. On the positive side, at least he saw Des kissing another guy right then and there so if he's F1 won't be surprised that he wasn't the only one kissed.

I don't know. He might've just been spying. I mean, he did already have his time with her and he doesn't seem too selfish. Maybe he would've interrupted if they hadn't been kissing. But really, would he feel good about doing that?

After all James' talk he probably just wanted to know what James had with Des. It was probably pure curiosity. I like that they show him realistically rather than painting him as perfect. That's boring. I like that they're showing more of his personality.

And I don't think the edit he's getting is bad at all. They're showing him in a very positive light, including his fun side.

I have no problems with Brooks' edit. I'm just amazed how he looks different at times. Des is sold n him hook line and sinker . She's just being prodded not to put all her eggs in one basket and to explore other guys who have caught her eye. After Bryden leaving it was her wake up call regarding that IMO. Wake up call by the prodders. But seeing she said her relationship is further along with Brooks, how does the others overtake unless Brooks messes up but then it becomes default for the other guy. I don't think Brooks will mess up. Their spark and ease with each other is telling. In Portugal where Des is leaning on his shoulder shows comfort too.
BarbB222
BarbB222

Female Posts : 2366

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:54 pm

sfrank wrote:Shifty? I think it was more the setup for James' fall from grace.

I quite enjoyed his spying scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchild Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:55 pm

I don't think it's a bad edit, just like I didn't think JP had a "bad" edit. It's not squeaky clean like some F1's have been in the past.

I think they are doing their best to make viewers think that it is someone other than Brooks and not consider it a slam dunk from the beginning like it apparently was.

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #2 - Page 23 Anigif_enhanced-buzz-7775-1355590544-1_zps0fd77e73
moonchild
moonchild

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 52 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 37 ... 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #2

+62
umngirl
Rolly
LLiza
Rosepetal
Peppermom