SELECT CONTENT

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #2

Page 13 of 52 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 32 ... 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #2 - Page 13 Empty Re: The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #2

Post by Guest Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:23 pm

nd4reality wrote:
ZevirahWolf wrote:
IrishGal wrote:Aren't Drew and Zak also Catholic?

Zak is, he attended a private catholic grad school and his parents are active in the community church. Somebody here mentioned that Drew was too...
laugh out loud Go figure that Des would choose a non-practitioning mormon over three christians;) ps. not bashing Brooks. I am sure they had a strong connection, none-the-less. :Smiley:
Go figure.

WHAT?????? :shocked!: You mean love might just be more important than your religion? You cannot be serious!? Someone should tell JP and Ashley...

Back to top Go down

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #2 - Page 13 Empty Re: The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #2

Post by Guest Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:28 pm

We can put whether or not Brooks is an active Mormon to rest now. (Vid at the bottom). Brooks outright told the guys he's Mormon, seeming to not downplay it at all.

Why does that make my little Mormon heart so proud? :cutesmile!: Because he's cute.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20711236,00.html

Last edited by canyonvue on Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:30 pm

Because its coming from Michael - it's likely Brooks but it could be someone else. Who is Jewish?
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:34 pm

sfrank wrote:Because its coming from Michael - it's likely Brooks but it could be someone else. Who is Jewish?

Brooks' family is definitely Mormon, so no doubt it's Brooks.

Back to top Go down

Post by BarbB222 Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:42 pm

sfrank wrote:Because its coming from Michael - it's likely Brooks but it could be someone else. Who is Jewish?

James or Kasey? I would have guessed Chris is I didn't know what schools he attended.
BarbB222
BarbB222

Female Posts : 2366

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:04 pm

I would have said maybe Brian actually. He would still have been there around Easter?

Back to top Go down

Post by gruder Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:15 pm

canyonvue wrote:We can put whether or not Brooks is an active Mormon to rest now. (Vid at the bottom). Brooks outright told the guys he's Mormon, seeming to not downplay it at all.

Why does that make my little Mormon heart so proud? :cutesmile!:Because he's cute.

I rarely do this, but I could have sworn Des smiled after Mike said there was a Mormon and a Jewish guy there. I have no idea how to cap anything, but if anyone knows how...
I think Mike made his point though, you don't always have to understand the service, to enjoy the worship.

gruder

Back to top Go down

Post by BarbB222 Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:25 pm

sophienette wrote:I would have said maybe Brian actually. He would still have been there around Easter?

I actually forgot who Brian was but if he's the one with the GF who called him a pig, I don't think he was around during Easter. Ben said the service was in German so they were in Germany. Not sure Brian was there. Or have I forgotten who Brian is?
BarbB222
BarbB222

Female Posts : 2366

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:36 pm

BarbB222 wrote:
sophienette wrote:I would have said maybe Brian actually. He would still have been there around Easter?

I actually forgot who Brian was but if he's the one with the GF who called him a pig, I don't think he was around during Easter. Ben said the service was in German so they were in Germany. Not sure Brian was there. Or have I forgotten who Brian is?

Doh you're right! So Germany we have Brooks, Ben, Drew, Bryden, Mikey, Mike G, Kasey, James, Juan Pa, Zak W and Chris... mmm.... could he just have be talking about the producers (Elan for example?) If not I might go with Bryden.

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper61 Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:07 pm

gruder wrote:
canyonvue wrote:We can put whether or not Brooks is an active Mormon to rest now. (Vid at the bottom). Brooks outright told the guys he's Mormon, seeming to not downplay it at all.

Why does that make my little Mormon heart so proud? :cutesmile!:Because he's cute.

I rarely do this, but I could have sworn Des smiled after Mike said there was a Mormon and a Jewish guy there. I have no idea how to cap anything, but if anyone knows how...
I think Mike made his point though, you don't always have to understand the service, to enjoy the worship.
True your last statement about enjoying the service in another way. I am so jealous of them, because I know how gorgeous the churches are in Germany, how beautiful the singing is during Catholic masses. If anything, it was a time to enjoy the culture and the beauty...and to reflect and pray individually, especially on Easter! I can't understand why he chose not to go. And a Jewish guy went! Whatever, Ben. That dinner is all kinds of awkward, and Michael did himself no favors, but he wasn't going to be there the end anyway albeit he couldn't know that necessarily. I don't really fault his pointing that part out to Des.
Piper61
Piper61

Female Posts : 6364

Back to top Go down

Post by etsluu Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:01 am

MatchMaker wrote:I'm a follower of Jesus.  Many Protestant Christians would say that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is a cult.  But it is hard to judge what is truly going on in one's heart, as to whether one actually believes in Jesus or not, and follows Him.  Some say the Catholic church is cultish.  Jesus bashed many of the Pharisees' and Sadducees' man-made rules.  Just saying that it is a matter of the heart, not unlike love.  My guess would be that it would be more of a heart concern for Des, than a rules concern. 

I've been labeled as "unsaved" by my wife and her cultish church friends, just because I didn't buy into their social clique and man-made rules. Her clique of church friends tried to and actually succeeded in running my family though her.  Pretty much destroyed our family and our marriage.  Same thing happened to the next door neighbor, after his wife joined a Mormon church.  So group dynamics and man-made rules can have a huge effect, if Des does decide to marry any of these men.  But that really goes more to the matters of the heart within Des and the man Des chooses.  Back in the day, the two most important things on my list were a Christian wife and someone that is loyal.  Turns out she was loyal, just not to me.

I'm a follower of Jesus too. :) born again believer. I know hardly anything about mormons. it's not a big church here in Finland. many Finnish people belong to lutherian church but they are still not believers. I don't follow man-made rules. for me the Bible is the word of God. I have the Holy Spirit to guide me and teach me. God never leads or asks to do something against His Word. I don't follow the rules etc. I need to feel it in my heart.
etsluu
etsluu

Female Posts : 184

Back to top Go down

Post by etsluu Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:08 am

it's like this: "For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord;  I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God and they shall be to me  a people."
etsluu
etsluu

Female Posts : 184

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 52 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 32 ... 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #2

+62
umngirl
Rolly
LLiza
Rosepetal
Peppermom