SELECT CONTENT

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #2

Page 18 of 52 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 35 ... 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #2 - Page 18 Empty Re: The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #2

Post by etsluu Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:13 am

canyonvue wrote:I beg to differ that this isn't viewer friendly stuff. It depends on the viewer. I'm greatly looking forward to the drama this episode and hope for some good Brooks stuff in between.

I love drama. I love real emotion, real heart; different personalities that sometimes clash.   

I applaud Michael for not letting him get away with things. He's like me: I like presenting things in the true light and can't stand when people try to snow others. 

As for the church stuff. I'm Mormon, like Brooks, and I'd go to a church in Germany on Easter Sunday with the guys to be with the guys, to perhaps do something religious for Easter, but even more so, because it isn't my religion, so I'd be totally curious what a Catholic service on Easter is like. I'd also go to see the great architecture. You don't have to subscribe to anything going on to join in.

I agree with you that I think it's good that Des would see some of Ben's "true colors". I have understood that Des wants a christian man. I think someone had to say something about Ben. There might be many reasons why Ben didn't go to a church in Germany. Maybe he just didn't want be with another guys. But I think it's a red flag that he doesn't get along with another guys. If Des really wants a christian guy I think she would want someone who would go to a church with her. I don't know what kind of church she goes to though...
etsluu
etsluu

Female Posts : 184

Back to top Go down

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #2 - Page 18 Empty Re: The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #2

Post by etsluu Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:18 am

I mean it isn't a red flag that Ben didn't go to church in Germany. Because there might be many reasons he didn't. But otherwise I think someone had to say something about his behavior...
etsluu
etsluu

Female Posts : 184

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:01 am

Or it could say, that if Des was not with the guys at the service and Ben's purpose was only to be with Des, that he chose to a have a few hours of sanity alone without the hounds nipping at his heels. That's how I would see it.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:58 pm

sophienette wrote:
ironcat wrote:I don't think it's an either/or situation.  I think the producers encouraged the conversation to happen on camera, I think Michael was all too happy to bring it up because he (and most/all of the other guys) didn't like Ben and were suspicious of his motives, and I think Ben didn't go to the service partly because, knowing that his past behavior had already alienated him from the rest of the guys, didn't want to hang out with them any more than he had to.

And I agree that while it may be a "sticky" subject, learning/understanding a potential mate's attitude toward religion is very important, and if Ben is so conservative in his Christian beliefs that he would be uncomfortable just witnessing a Catholic mass (after all, nobody forces you to go up and take communion, as far as this Jew, who has attended many Catholic masses, knows), then that is something that Des should be aware of; for all we know she shares the same feelings as he does on the subject, and that's her right.

Don't mean to offend anyone.

I would agree with you on everything... except that Ben himself brought the subject of religion and going to mass every sunday... And that to me smells like BS. If religion was as important to him as he made it out to be (and she wasnt asking him about that BTW) then spending another hour with the guys would not have been an issue in light of spending an hour in Chuch.

I agree with you, and I wasn't actually trying to defend Ben in my earlier post, only stating that my guess is that the major reason he didn't accompany the other guys to church is that he didn't want to be with them.  And I also agree that if he was as observant as he tries to present himself to Des, he would have either bit the bullet and gone with him, or gone on his own/observed the holiday in some fashion, which I suspect he would have mentioned in his own defense if it had happened.  So IMO, Ben is being disingenuous with Des and just telling her what he thinks will get him the "win".

And I also agree that it's a "red flag" when someone doesn't get along with ANY of the other contestants, if that is really the case here and not just creative editing.  Yes, they don't have to make lifelong friends. but it's a normal occurrence to bond with other people when in a new, isolated situation, and if Ben can't find even one guy that he can connect with, even on a superficial level, either he is severely lacking in basic social skills, has an overall attitude problem, or is hiding something and is purposely keeping his distance.  All red flags for a healthy relationship.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by rosey1988 Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:59 pm

truelovealways wrote:I heard brooks and des already broke up....
Wow. Where'd you hear that?

rosey1988

Back to top Go down

Post by Pattycake92 Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:20 pm

RS says they are still together. He says the breakup rumor is silly.
Pattycake92
Pattycake92

Back to top Go down

Post by iamreal2u Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:51 am

I think I have figured why this season is so different for me. I usually hear the spoilers and deep down know them to be true. Throughout the season I see such a connection with a person who is not the F1 that I start to doubt. This season there are no doubts. Gosh I can definitely see the connection with Brooks and no one else. Them looking at each other when they think the other one is not looking. Never imagine Desiree to be the clingy type but she surely is clingy with Brooks. You can tell she respects Chris but still not seeing the romantic kinda of I want you. With James she is working the camera. I noticed in the igloo she shifted her body in such a way that their lower bodies were not touching and then said this is comfortable; not the most romantic word. We have had 5/6 eppies so will see how Drew's wall kiss pans out.
iamreal2u
iamreal2u

Female Posts : 4107

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:59 am

^^^ Watch Drews time next episode be filled with only James related stuff lol.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by DMBFan Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:45 am

nd4reality wrote:^^^ Watch Drews time next episode be filled with only James related stuff lol.

I have a feeling we won't see the wall kiss.

DMBFan

Female Posts : 1549

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:46 am

DMBFan wrote:
nd4reality wrote:^^^ Watch Drews time next episode be filled with only James related stuff lol.

I do, because he finally does something that has him 'loosening up'. He's so shy and reserved.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by DMBFan Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:55 am

atem wrote:
DMBFan wrote:

I do, because he finally does something that has him 'loosening up'.  He's so shy and reserved.

Good point, there also has to be a reason why he makes it to Antigua. Its just his editing is so wonky.

DMBFan

Female Posts : 1549

Back to top Go down

Post by BarbB222 Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:01 pm

I think we will too. It's his turn to shine . It's going to be Drewl time. Wonder what she'll tell CH next about being a good kisser? Will Drew overtake Zak?
BarbB222
BarbB222

Female Posts : 2366

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 52 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 35 ... 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #2

+62
umngirl
Rolly
LLiza
Rosepetal
Peppermom