SELECT CONTENT

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #2

Page 17 of 52 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 34 ... 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #2 - Page 17 Empty Re: The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #2

Post by Kashathediva Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:11 pm

moonchild wrote:I am loving this discussion.  Kudos to everyone for keeping it civil and to the point.

Michael clearly wanted to show Ben as he sees him to Des.  I don't think that his objective was to protect Des, but in a way he did. Ben offered up the perfect opportunity for Michael to do so.   I think that what makes this tactic objectionable to some people is not that he did it, but what he said and how he said it.  Prosecutors don't just say they are disgusted, they show that they are disgusted by the answers being given.  It's probably ingrained in his normal behavior.  I think if he had responded in a different way and not seemed so much like he was attacking Ben, people would feel differently about what went down.

I do question why Ben excused himself.  Did he leave the table hoping that Des would follow him and it would give him time to get his story straight and not be in front of Michael who might call him on it if he is misleading Des.

I also have to question Ben for all of the guys to dislike him so much.  Even Courtney, with all of her crazy behavior had a friend in the house that defended her.

But in the end, I'm with Kasha.  Neither Ben nor Michael was going to be there at the FRC, it was just the order of how they went home.

Per your bolded:
In the past when something like this has happened, either someone walking off stage, stopping a limo to get out and walk it off, etc, it has been in response to being pissed off and trying to control their emotions and get away from production and what is being filmed. Now since this particular situation can have multiple re-takes, I take it Ben was being relentlessly prompted to respond in a certain way and did not want to which finally culminated in him walking off. JMOAA

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #2 - Page 17 Empty Re: The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #2

Post by charriotoffire Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:05 pm

I think for the most part, the viewers  won't care what Ben and Michael were arguing about or who is in the wrong or right.

This is like the Brian and girlfriend drama, people are just annoyed
a. with the girl for sounding like a witch  b. that they are wasting so much of Des' time and the viewers.

Michael sounds like a banshee and Ben is a major ass but not compelling enough to be good tv.  
Between the two Ben is looking better, at least he was not behaving like one of the mean girls
(Michael and Mikey are the queen bees and Ben is Lindsay Lohan).

This whole argument was  about him and how Ben got his panties in a bunch about his kid (because Michael has major father issues)  
and nothing to do at all with Des.

This episode with this kind of drama is another viewer repellant.
charriotoffire
charriotoffire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:16 pm

Yeah I don't think this is viewer friendly either.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by charriotoffire Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:29 pm

Kashathediva wrote:Yeah I don't think this is viewer friendly either.

Its too much of nothing, too much whitenoise from the Bitch Brigade (Michael, Mikey etc) too much meaningless kissing, too many unmemorable dates
and now this drama with two men neither is viewer friendly.
charriotoffire
charriotoffire

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:56 pm

I beg to differ that this isn't viewer friendly stuff. It depends on the viewer. I'm greatly looking forward to the drama this episode and hope for some good Brooks stuff in between.

I love drama. I love real emotion, real heart; different personalities that sometimes clash.   

I applaud Michael for not letting him get away with things. He's like me: I like presenting things in the true light and can't stand when people try to snow others. 

As for the church stuff. I'm Mormon, like Brooks, and I'd go to a church in Germany on Easter Sunday with the guys to be with the guys, to perhaps do something religious for Easter, but even more so, because it isn't my religion, so I'd be totally curious what a Catholic service on Easter is like. I'd also go to see the great architecture. You don't have to subscribe to anything going on to join in.

Last edited by canyonvue on Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:56 pm

charriotoffire wrote:

Its too much of nothing,  too much whitenoise  from the Bitch Brigade (Michael, Mikey etc)  too much meaningless kissing,  too many unmemorable dates
and now this drama  with two men neither is viewer friendly.  

rofl"whitenoise from the Bitch Brigade!" My fav line of the day! rofl I swear that needs to be in a song!

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:26 pm

BKay wrote:
charriotoffire wrote:

Its too much of nothing,  too much whitenoise  from the Bitch Brigade (Michael, Mikey etc)  too much meaningless kissing,  too many unmemorable dates
and now this drama  with two men neither is viewer friendly.  

rofl"whitenoise from the Bitch Brigade!" My fav line of the day! 🤣I swear that needs to be in a song!

Agreed!  It's none of our business or the men's why Ben chose not to go to church.  Maybe he felt sick that day.  Maybe he's a Wiccan.  Who knows and who cares?  It was rude for Michael to bring it up in front of Des. Sick of the fake drama this very boring season.

ETA: And why wasn't Des with them? Where did she she go to church on Easter? Interesting.
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:23 am

charriotoffire wrote:I think for the most part, the viewers  won't care what Ben and Michael were arguing about or who is in the wrong or right.

This is like the Brian and girlfriend drama, people are just annoyed
a. with the girl for sounding like a witch  b. that they are wasting so much of Des' time and the viewers.

Michael sounds like a banshee and Ben is a major ass but not compelling enough to be good tv.  
Between the two Ben is looking better, at least he was not behaving like one of the mean girls
(Michael and Mikey are the queen bees and Ben is Lindsay Lohan).

This whole argument was  about him and how Ben got his panties in a bunch about his kid (because Michael has major father issues)  
and nothing to do at all with Des.

This episode with this kind of drama is another  viewer repellant.

I agreewordGood Post
i would prefer they shows more DesGy for us in Chrisville any day, or even Bres for Brookster and Des-Drew interactions for Drew fans, instead of this unimportant drama that we could care less. I wish they could go back to Trista season, where the most important thing is the love story unfold, with the playfulness of the bunch of guys in the house - who get along- as the filler.

Back to top Go down

Post by Newto Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:42 am

This sounds like the kind of episode I can do without.  I will "tape" it tonight and run through it tomorrow fast-forwarding through the commercials.  We've seen some child-like behavior on these shows, but the preview for this seems to "take the cake."  JMHO, but this show is going downhill real fast.

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Post by charriotoffire Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:44 am

I think whoever thought of this proposal  is 1 million times more creative than the producers, writers and editors of  Bachelor/ette franchise,
it obviously didn't cost anything and far more entertaining than any drama or contrived gimmicks this season has featured.

This creativity was inspired by something real and heartfelt but still the producers can still think of something more interesting than
the crap that passes for entertainment that they're showing us.
charriotoffire
charriotoffire

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:13 am

That actually brought tears to my eyes...I'm such a sap.

Team Kaitlin!  Team Booth!
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:39 am

I'm not so cynical. I'm enjoying this show. Helps that I actually like one of the guys and that I don't dislike Des.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 52 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 34 ... 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #2

+62
umngirl
Rolly
LLiza
Rosepetal
Peppermom