SELECT CONTENT

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #2

Page 15 of 52 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 33 ... 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #2 - Page 15 Empty Re: The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #2

Post by albean99 Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:27 am

I remember hearing that Emily's guys also went to Easter Mass together. I don't know if anyone didn't go. In any case it's a non-issue for me. Michael didn't need to comment on it. Must be the prosecutor in him but Des was clearly annoyed.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15377

Back to top Go down

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #2 - Page 15 Empty Re: The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #2

Post by Di_ATL Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:28 am

gabriele wrote:some really conservative christians would not be comfortable going to a Catholic service. i don't know if that is why ben did not go, but it is a possibility and he may have left the table at that point in the conversation because he didn't want to say that on camera and offend anyone.

I think Ben would have come off better saying he was uncomfortable going to a catholic service ( since he practices something different) than blaming it on the fact that the service was not in English. What do you expect, they were in Germany, Munich to be exact and like someone else said earlier Germany has some of the most beautiful churches you will ever see. From the painted glass windows, to the hand painted ceilings, so much beauty to enjoy, so why not attend just being in the moment of celebrating christ, then blaming it on a language barrier for not going. JMO

Jordan to Jojo "I have this feeling that i haven't really had in a long time, and it's scary but it's also the best thing I wake up to every morning"  rose bud

cloud nine    :sprinklehearts
Di_ATL
Di_ATL

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:54 am

snowandcold wrote:Hello everyone! Sadly this is my first post this season! So many Rl things going on but I am very happy that Brooks is the F1. I joined this site last season but didn't post much at all. Love the site and all the info!

welcomebacksnowandcold! Thanks for the kind words about our site. Glad you are here posting with us. :Smiley:
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:34 am

Love_Me wrote:
snowandcold wrote:Hello everyone! Sadly this is my first post this season! So many Rl things going on but I am very happy that Brooks is the F1. I joined this site last season but didn't post much at all. Love the site and all the info!

welcomebacksnowandcold! Thanks for the kind words about our site. Glad you are here posting with us. :Smiley:

WELCOME snowandcold! Love your username. 👋👋👋👋
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 18480

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Newto Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:00 am

I haven't chimed in on this discussion until now.  Ben had the right not to go to the Easter mass if he didn't want to.  Nobody should feel shunned because they chose not to go to a religious service.  I do agree that the churches in Europe are beautiful but it doesn't mean you have to attend the services.  I am not a Christian and if I were faced with the situation I would only have gone to see the architecture, etc. 

I think we should get off the subject of religion before this place implodes.  I've seen it happen elsewhere and don't want to see it happen here.  JMHO FWIW.

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:38 am

Columbia, MD wrote:I haven't chimed in on this discussion until now.  Ben had the right not to go to the Easter mass if he didn't want to.  Nobody should feel shunned because they chose not to go to a religious service.  I do agree that the churches in Europe are beautiful but it doesn't mean you have to attend the services.  I am not a Christian and if I were faced with the situation I would only have gone to see the architecture, etc. 

I think we should get off the subject of religion before this place implodes.  I've seen it happen elsewhere and don't want to see it happen here.  JMHO FWIW.

I agree, I think Michael was totally out of line.
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeleever Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:56 am

Everyone should be able to share what they think freely here. Let's have respect for all opinions, even those we don't agree with. 

Everyone has a right to speak their truth as long as they follow the rules. We don't need to have the bandwagon mentality that drives away those that speak from a different perspective. We are all made up of our experiences in life and we share that as a gift with each other when we post! Thanks.
Beeleever
Beeleever

Female Posts : 3644

Back to top Go down

Post by officeRules Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:23 am

I think if I was in Des shoes, I would want to know that kind of detail. She is free to bring it up with Ben later to get the whole story. I also think that it was actually better for Micheal to bring it up with Ben there, and not behind his back. I think Micheal is trying to protect Des, and knew that any discussion with Ben alone would go nowhere.

officeRules
officeRules

Female Posts : 992

Back to top Go down

Post by melisma Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:43 am

officeRules wrote:I think if I was in Des shoes, I would want to know that kind of detail.  She is free to bring it up with Ben later to get the whole story.   I also think that it was actually better for Micheal to bring it up with Ben there, and not behind his back.  I think Micheal is trying to protect Des, and knew that any discussion with Ben alone would go nowhere.  

I think you may be giving Michael too much credit in claiming that he may have been protecting Des.  I bet he knew exactly what he was doing, and chose to make it a public issue so Ben had no choice but to admit the truth.  Remember what Michael does for a living!!  A prosecutor is paid and expected to be sneaky and to do anything legal to make his point.

Of course I may be incorrect - we might have the opportunity to that in the show tomorrow night.  Or perhaps that indeed is just what the editors want us to think.

I believe that Michael is under the impression that he, himself, is not in the running for the winner of this game...but he also is not about to allow Ben to win in his place!!

melisma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:58 am

Ehhh this has the sticky fingerprints of TPTB all over it. One handler sparkin' Mike. One handler sparkin' Ben and the rest sparkin' Des. These guys have been shut up with each other for weeks with nothing other than themselves, a very combustible situation under the right circumstances.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper61 Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:02 pm

I hope that if Des talks to Ben about the issue that Michael brought up, we see it.  Having no idea what Michael's true motive was, nor if he was prompted by producers to his actions, I do wonder if in part it was because he felt Ben disingenuous making the statement he did about family on Sunday and church, yet not going with everyone else to a church on the holiest of days, Easter Sunday.  Granted they are not his family, granted it's not his church, specific religion and is in a language that he can't understand but without delving into the Catholic mass, we're in no way un-Christlike.  It certainly was his choice not to participate, but so often in life we observe and take part in other cultures' customs and ceremonies without ill affect on ourselves.  I feel he missed out, and alienated himself from an experience.  That's just me.  And that's why I'd be interested to hear his thoughts.
Piper61
Piper61

Female Posts : 6364

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:03 pm

I don't think it's an either/or situation.  I think the producers encouraged the conversation to happen on camera, I think Michael was all too happy to bring it up because he (and most/all of the other guys) didn't like Ben and were suspicious of his motives, and I think Ben didn't go to the service partly because, knowing that his past behavior had already alienated him from the rest of the guys, didn't want to hang out with them any more than he had to.

And I agree that while it may be a "sticky" subject, learning/understanding a potential mate's attitude toward religion is very important, and if Ben is so conservative in his Christian beliefs that he would be uncomfortable just witnessing a Catholic mass (after all, nobody forces you to go up and take communion, as far as this Jew, who has attended many Catholic masses, knows), then that is something that Des should be aware of; for all we know she shares the same feelings as he does on the subject, and that's her right.

Don't mean to offend anyone.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 52 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 33 ... 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #2

+62
umngirl
Rolly
LLiza
Rosepetal
Peppermom