SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion

Page 36 of 53 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 44 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion - Page 36 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion

Post by Bloomers Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:52 pm

Ashley MIGHT have wanted Dino to be F2, but the edit very clearly shows that Dino was never going to be F2. Look at date #1 and date #2. Now think back to the remarks that Dino made when the whole Bentley thing came up. Dino never really was in the running, and it was by Dino's choice - not Ashley's. She was the one running after him.

Now, the reason I think we had Dino's HT first was because it had the biggest viewer impact. Do you remember Brad # 1 , the Ouzo, the Greek relatives and all the dancing at DeAnna's house? Her HT was shown first as well. The dates with all of the family are warm, welcoming, and exciting. They are fun to watch, so we get to see them first - they are fun - not bizarre like the dead bird, but fun.

Dad makes these pithy, but extremely on the mark, rational remarks. "Don't be in a hurry. Don't rush. These things take time." We hear him counseling Dino in Dino's particular situation in a foreshadowing manner, but he is also giving sound overall parental advice.

Also, now Dino's F3 HT with Dino parallel's Brad's HT with Ashley, herself. Brad loved her family, and he loved her town. He told her in glowing terms what he thought of her family and the day and how he could see himself in that situation.
We hear Ashley making the same type remarks about Dino.

Ashley had not made progress with Dino before the Hometowns. Before the Hometowns, I have to think she was just trying to see if there was enough to even take Dino onto the Fantasy Dates.

Whereas Brad had much more of a relationship with Ashley going into the Hometowns that Ashley had with Dino going into their Hometowns.

When you encourage someone in the present, you help that person to become successful in the future.
Bloomers
Bloomers

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion - Page 36 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion

Post by chicagoowl Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:58 pm

Diana wrote:I'm betting on Ryan as the Bachelor, but I'd rather Ben. Ames is taken.

Didn't someone somewhere say that the fall is harvest season... so even if Ben f. wanted to be the next TB it wouldn't work out. Who's left is Ashley picks JP?

1-Ames? We all love him, but for some reason he was asked to be on BP2.
2-Lucas? Not. No audience connection.
3-Ryan? He's annoying but probably would have the greatest appeal of those left.. since Ben would be unavailable.
chicagoowl
chicagoowl

Female Posts : 449

Back to top Go down

Post by Nativenewyorker Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:07 pm

wachin4fun wrote:
albean99 wrote:
JBF wrote:The only problem I had with Ben's hometown was the scene when he and Julia (one very hot sister... that aloofness is quite sexy) kept looking to the floor when they were talking. Maybe it was all real and natural... and maybe they are just awkward on camera, but it did feel a little... off... as if they were reading from cue cards.

I really do like his family though, but you can see how uncomfortable she is with them. (Not that it should matter in the long run, since so many marriages have their share of mother-in-law jokes.)

I think part of it's not being comfortable but I wouldn't be surprised if she did have a list of questions she had for him, lol.

Regarding Ben's mom & sister, maybe Ashley was uncomfortable because she was nervous and really cared what they thought? Remember that Ben had told her how important it was that they like her.

That could be, but just didn't sound like it from her blog. But who knows. I just wonder why they felt they had to focus on Ben and his dad and his emotions only on his HTD, unless they want him as next bachelor or something. Just weird to me. It's like they are invested in Ben personally (including his work) and I just can't figure out why when other info points to them wanting Ryan as the next bachelor. His edit does remind me of Chris L.

I really enjoyed reading your thoughts! I agree with your last sentence. I found myself thinking exactly the same thing. It was sad and emotional to watch it and I teared up. I remember how Chris talked about not being able to become involved or be with a woman after his mother died and this was the first time he could open up. It sounds much the same with Ben. It's like he finally had a breakthrough, gained some insight and realized that maybe he wasn't there enough for his mother and she reassured him that he was. Then they talk about his father and he and his Mom come to a place where they feel that his father would be very proud of him.

I just had this feeling that Ben needs to meet more women and have some time dating again with his new more open self. He seems to have come to terms with his father's death and can move on. I just don't see him being ready to get engaged now.
Nativenewyorker
Nativenewyorker

Female Posts : 1819

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:39 pm

Bloomers wrote:Ashley MIGHT have wanted Dino to be F2, but the edit very clearly shows that Dino was never going to be F2. Look at date #1 and date #2. Now think back to the remarks that Dino made when the whole Bentley thing came up. Dino never really was in the running, and it was by Dino's choice - not Ashley's. She was the one running after him.

Now, the reason I think we had Dino's HT first was because it had the biggest viewer impact. Do you remember Brad # 1 , the Ouzo, the Greek relatives and all the dancing at DeAnna's house? Her HT was shown first as well. The dates with all of the family are warm, welcoming, and exciting. They are fun to watch, so we get to see them first - they are fun - not bizarre like the dead bird, but fun.

Dad makes these pithy, but extremely on the mark, rational remarks. "Don't be in a hurry. Don't rush. These things take time." We hear him counseling Dino in Dino's particular situation in a foreshadowing manner, but he is also giving sound overall parental advice.

Also, now Dino's F3 HT with Dino parallel's Brad's HT with Ashley, herself. Brad loved her family, and he loved her town. He told her in glowing terms what he thought of her family and the day and how he could see himself in that situation.

Ashley had not made progress with Dino before the Hometowns. Before the Hometowns, I have to think she was just trying to see if there was enough to even take Dino onto the Fantasy Dates.

Whereas Brad had much more of a relationship with Ashley going into the Hometowns that Ashley had with Dino going into their Hometowns.

Some of us think Ashley wanted the ones with the least "chemistry" in order to please her numero uno. Since this makes lousy TV, the producers weren't going to allow it. At least Ben is better at his love scenes. JP will just have to get over seeing them go through the motions in the pool.

More proof for the bold in your post is how far to the back he is in that group photo. Not that we should expect them to repeat certain "patterns" every season. Chris L. is pretty far back in Ali's I think... have to double-check. Also, Constantine got his 1 on 1 in week #4, like Chris L... and a second one by #7, like Chris... in a train (daytime with smoke in the tunnel).

Key quotes from Brad on Ashley's hometown: "I don’t want to leave tonight at all. I don’t want to leave this family. I don’t want to leave this home. I don’t want to leave this town and I damn sure don’t want to leave Ashley."

I see a bit of Emily in those scenes. He is chasing her rather than the other way around. She is Miss "Retraction". Then, after he dumped her, he stated on screen that he had planned to take her to final 2...
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:50 pm

albean99 wrote:
wachin4fun wrote:
albean99 wrote:
JBF wrote:The only problem I had with Ben's hometown was the scene when he and Julia (one very hot sister... that aloofness is quite sexy) kept looking to the floor when they were talking. Maybe it was all real and natural... and maybe they are just awkward on camera, but it did feel a little... off... as if they were reading from cue cards.

I really do like his family though, but you can see how uncomfortable she is with them. (Not that it should matter in the long run, since so many marriages have their share of mother-in-law jokes.)

I think part of it's not being comfortable but I wouldn't be surprised if she did have a list of questions she had for him, lol.

Regarding Ben's mom & sister, maybe Ashley was uncomfortable because she was nervous and really cared what they thought? Remember that Ben had told her how important it was that they like her.

That could be, but just didn't sound like it from her blog. But who knows. I just wonder why they felt they had to focus on Ben and his dad and his emotions only on his HTD, unless they want him as next bachelor or something. Just weird to me. It's like they are invested in Ben personally (including his work) and I just can't figure out why when other info points to them wanting Ryan as the next bachelor. His edit does remind me of Chris L.

I actually think they put in the dad stuff because they want to show how far Ben has come in showing his feelings. With Chris it was mostly a tragic backstory but with Ben it's all about feelings and how he's able to open up now.

The blog is tricky. If Ben were the f1 I'm sure she's already talked to him about what she felt. I also think that even if they allow her to write her own blog, they have editing privileges. No idea if there was more but whether Ben's 1 or 2 I'd hope she'd be more generous with his family so I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt.

Every time, questions about her blog come up or how they sound in their Vlog's, or anything media related really, I can't help but to think back to previous bachelor/ette's who have stated that they were owned, for lack of a better word, by the TPTB for a period of one year. They said there were extreme amounts of questions, answers, and evaluations. The contract itself was lengthy and tedious. They have claimed that for a period of one year, what they said or did, regarding the bachelorette show franchise was monitored and rehearsed. Even Jesse C. said that no matter how genuine you may think something is.......you can bet TPTB knew everything that was going on and said, and in the long run, approved for media attention.

Oh, and I also agree that the heavy dad feel of the night was a way to prove that he is open to moving upward and onward, and that he has dealt with his issues regarding the dark period in his life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:18 am

It is funny to me that they have an episode that shows way more chemistry with JP (and commentaries fit this) and then have a media blitz from CH and EXTRA story etc that seem to point to Ben. They like to keep the viewers guessing for sure. And, it does work. Right now it is hard for me to believe it is Ben, but next week who knows what I will think. Regarding blogs, I don't completely trust them, but was shocked how much Brad's focused on Emily. He did tend to buck the system though, right? But then Ashley has said little about JP and then had the favorable (to me) blog about him at HTD. I know they are hard to decipher, but I love to try anyway. Crazy! I don't see signs of any strong relationship with Constantine. She just seemed to think he was hot and he was so nice on his HTD. What woman doesn't love a man that hugs babies like that!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:28 am

wachin4fun wrote:It is funny to me that they have an episode that shows way more chemistry with JP (and commentaries fit this) and then have a media blitz from CH and EXTRA story etc that seem to point to Ben. They like to keep the viewers guessing for sure. And, it does work. Right now it is hard for me to believe it is Ben, but next week who knows what I will think. Regarding blogs, I don't completely trust them, but was shocked how much Brad's focused on Emily. He did tend to buck the system though, right? But then Ashley has said little about JP and then had the favorable (to me) blog about him at HTD. I know they are hard to decipher, but I love to try anyway. Crazy! I don't see signs of any strong relationship with Constantine. She just seemed to think he was hot and he was so nice on his HTD. What woman doesn't love a man that hugs babies like that!

LOL She has said outright more than once....she likes to look at hiim!! giggling

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloomers Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:31 am

JBF wrote:
Bloomers wrote:Ashley MIGHT have wanted Dino to be F2, but the edit very clearly shows that Dino was never going to be F2. Look at date #1 and date #2. Now think back to the remarks that Dino made when the whole Bentley thing came up. Dino never really was in the running, and it was by Dino's choice - not Ashley's. She was the one running after him.

Some of us think Ashley wanted the ones with the least "chemistry" in order to please her numero uno. Since this makes lousy TV, the producers weren't going to allow it. At least Ben is better at his love scenes. JP will just have to get over seeing them go through the motions in the pool.

More proof for the bold in your post is how far to the back he is in that group photo. Not that we should expect them to repeat certain "patterns" every season. Chris L. is pretty far back in Ali's I think... have to double-check. Also, Constantine got his 1 on 1 in week #4, like Chris L... and a second one by #7, like Chris... in a train (daytime with smoke in the tunnel).

Key quotes from Brad on Ashley's hometown: "I don’t want to leave tonight at all. I don’t want to leave this family. I don’t want to leave this home. I don’t want to leave this town and I damn sure don’t want to leave Ashley."

I see a bit of Emily in those scenes. He is chasing her rather than the other way around. She is Miss "Retraction". Then, after he dumped her, he stated on screen that he had planned to take her to final 2...

From the minute he got out of the limo, Dino caught Ashley's eye. We noticed her hands on him in the picture at the M & G, and it was obvious that she liked him much more than he liked her on their 1-1s. She was crazy about his family and fell right in with it. However, he simply didn't reciprocate. From where Dino was standing in the group picture ( back where the 4s stand), he could possibly have originally supposed to have been an F4 or F6, but she just took such a shine to him that she kept trying to make him more than he ever wanted to be.

When you encourage someone in the present, you help that person to become successful in the future.
Bloomers
Bloomers

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:20 am

He could possibly have originally supposed to have been an F4 or F6, but she just took such a shine to himthat she kept trying to make him more than he ever wanted to be.

I agree with this about Dino. Also, don't you think Ames was an original F6 or F5 exit? Remember Ashley said she was not expecting to give him a rose going into their first 1-1 date, but he impressed her. They never had that physical spark you need to have at some point. JMO
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloomers Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:34 am

Love_Me wrote:
He could possibly have originally supposed to have been an F4 or F6, but she just took such a shine to himthat she kept trying to make him more than he ever wanted to be.

I agree with this about Dino. Also, don't you think Ames was an original F6 or F5 exit? Remember Ashley said she was not expecting to give him a rose going into their first 1-1 date, but he impressed her. They never had that physical spark you need to have at some point. JMO

I always thought because of where he stood in the group picture and because of the 2nd eppie 1-1 date, William was supposed to be F3, but he blew it. I think perhaps Constantine was supposed to be F4, and when (F3) William blew it, Constantine moved up to F3, and Ames who may have been an F5 or F6 moved on up to an F4.
Ben's date in Ep. 5 has precedence in Matt's and Jake's season, but what is odd is that he isn't highlighted until the 4th episode. That has no precedence in the franchise's history.
Now, flip-flopping has been done before and recently! :gotcha:

Bloomers
Bloomers

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeleever Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:56 am

wachin4fun wrote:It is funny to me that they have an episode that shows way more chemistry with JP (and commentaries fit this) and then have a media blitz from CH and EXTRA story etc that seem to point to Ben. They like to keep the viewers guessing for sure. And, it does work. Right now it is hard for me to believe it is Ben, but next week who knows what I will think. Regarding blogs, I don't completely trust them, but was shocked how much Brad's focused on Emily. He did tend to buck the system though, right? But then Ashley has said little about JP and then had the favorable (to me) blog about him at HTD. I know they are hard to decipher, but I love to try anyway. Crazy! I don't see signs of any strong relationship with Constantine. She just seemed to think he was hot and he was so nice on his HTD. What woman doesn't love a man that hugs babies like that!

I have been told that the Bachelor/Bachelorettes completely 100% write their blog as they watch the episode in advance. No one is writing it for them or telling them what they can or cannot say. TPTB can, however, edit or remove certain parts as they see fit. Ultimately, what is being written in the blog are the words of TB/ette. That's why past experience shows us they are so much more revealing. The blogs can show insight that we are not seeing on the show itself, because TB/ette lived it and know what is on the cutting room floor.
Beeleever
Beeleever

Female Posts : 3644

Back to top Go down

Post by pbmax Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:09 am

Bloomers wrote:Although there were some wonderful, incredible hometown visits last night, the edit took another undeniable nosedive last night - an alarming turn south which I unbiasedly noticed, as it doesn't matter which one she picks!
I am bringing this over from Ben's thread to address it here as it pertains to the edit:

[b]
ravengirl[/b] wrote:Who do you think his sister is talking about?

Does it matter? That was a gigantic red flag. The hometowns are about FAMILY and fitting into the family. The edit just yelled out loud that there are problems there in a way that I have never heard even with Vienna!

Regardless of which one of those guys she set her bonnet for ( and there is an old fashioned phrase for you. :gotcha: ), they ought to have either or both taken a huge step back and slowed the heck down. I hope for goodness sake somebody didn't get married on the spot, and whoever is F1 - if there is still a relationship - and he is watching this whole fiasco of an edit - takes his time and doesn't fool himself into thinking," Ain't love grand?"

This is a terrible edit beginning with the Bentley theme which ran for 6 episodes and now involves her family if we are supposed to have a positive love relationship in real life.

In the words of Tyrone Davis, there it is. Not only what you mention but she keeps questioning him, about his past relationships. It's still ringing in her head that he's the one breaking them off and he could do it to her. During her breakdown of her F4 at the beginning of monday's show. She only had a but for JP. I read a blog, that mention Ashley being shown back at her apartment, I see I wasn't the only one that found that odd, and wondered why we saw that.
pbmax
pbmax

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 53 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 44 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion

+76
pavalygurl
Chacharo
tigertiz
2observe
happyvalleygirl