SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion

Page 35 of 53 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 44 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion - Page 35 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion

Post by Shelby Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:55 pm

wachin4fun wrote:I am definitely an newbie at this so don't have all the years of experience watching this, but I was taken with the hometown date with JP. I felt it was really well and that Ben's was very...maybe somber is the word. I know I am in a huge minority, but I really felt less positive about Ben after that date. Only because of how he was described by himself and his family in earlier times - picking the wrong girls, not there for people, apologizing for his actions. He sounded like a party boy to me in some ways. I am so glad that he is now sounding so much more mature, but the discussion had me wondering about his maturity before and how quickly can that maturity develop? I think this show really is helping him to mature and that is great, but don't think he would be ready at end for marriage yet. I am not saying he is a bad guy, just sounded like he was having fun and not addressing his emotional life at all before. Anyway, back to edit, I wondered how her blog would match my feelings because you know it can be edited in many ways, but I felt like what I saw on my tv matched what Ashley said in her blog: nothing negative with JP's date and the lack of chemistry or comfort with Ben's family and Ben's part more about his journey than their journey together. But, I know I can see things differently - I really like Ben's hair longer! I hated his haircut. I agree with Ashley that long hair is sexy. LOL.

:Welcome

I agree with your post and the bold in particular Smiley

ps: no need to have years of experience to watch the show. Yes we are making a lot of reference but there are many other way of sleuthing and analyzing the show. What make it funi is that we have many different interpretation from everyone and share and discuss them

Shelby

Female Posts : 3826

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion - Page 35 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion

Post by Shelby Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:57 pm

chaslom4 wrote:
Beeleever wrote:
mnmhughes wrote:
Beeleever wrote:I was really expecting Ben's edit to take a huge jump forward last night. I waited throughout the whole date for this to happen and I honestly was very disappointed I didn't see it.

On the other hand, Constantine's edit took the leap I was expecting to see with Ben. So confusing. Yet we have been shown in recent episodes Dino's doubts about being able to propose to Ashley in the end.

I wonder why TPTB have chosen not to show us more with Ben if he has been slated for the F2 slot?

Even CH admitted that Dino was the "dark horse." It's all so weird?!

Yep, and we all went in thinking it was Ben. It never once entered my mind it could be Constantine. Ever. Then Ash says that his home town was her favorite? Well color me confused. Don't get me wrong, I am still firmly implanted in the tram, but I have to wonder if she was going to take Dino to F2 until he upped and left. :greenman:

That's exactly what I am starting to think.

lets remember all the position when ashley gave the rose..... dino was very often on the top 3 or 4 or all the guys...

Shelby

Female Posts : 3826

Back to top Go down

Post by meauxwalk Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:08 pm

lets remember all the position when ashley gave the rose..... dino was very often on the top 3 or 4 or all the guys...

I noticed that. Also, how does Dino's HTD position compare with past seasons'?

meauxwalk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:19 pm

Titou wrote:
wachin4fun wrote:I am definitely an newbie at this so don't have all the years of experience watching this, but I was taken with the hometown date with JP. I felt it was really well and that Ben's was very...maybe somber is the word. I know I am in a huge minority, but I really felt less positive about Ben after that date. Only because of how he was described by himself and his family in earlier times - picking the wrong girls, not there for people, apologizing for his actions. He sounded like a party boy to me in some ways. I am so glad that he is now sounding so much more mature, but the discussion had me wondering about his maturity before and how quickly can that maturity develop? I think this show really is helping him to mature and that is great, but don't think he would be ready at end for marriage yet. I am not saying he is a bad guy, just sounded like he was having fun and not addressing his emotional life at all before. Anyway, back to edit, I wondered how her blog would match my feelings because you know it can be edited in many ways, but I felt like what I saw on my tv matched what Ashley said in her blog: nothing negative with JP's date and the lack of chemistry or comfort with Ben's family and Ben's part more about his journey than their journey together. But, I know I can see things differently - I really like Ben's hair longer! I hated his haircut. I agree with Ashley that long hair is sexy. LOL.

:Welcome

I agree with your post and the bold in particular Smiley

ps: no need to have years of experience to watch the show. Yes we are making a lot of reference but there are many other way of sleuthing and analyzing the show. What make it funi is that we have many different interpretation from everyone and share and discuss them

Thanks, Titou! I also love hearing all the different perspectives on the same episodes and evidence. Just when I think something is crystal clear, I hear a totally different interpretation and that does make it fun!

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:10 pm

JBF wrote:The only problem I had with Ben's hometown was the scene when he and Julia (one very hot sister... that aloofness is quite sexy) kept looking to the floor when they were talking. Maybe it was all real and natural... and maybe they are just awkward on camera, but it did feel a little... off... as if they were reading from cue cards.

I really do like his family though, but you can see how uncomfortable she is with them. (Not that it should matter in the long run, since so many marriages have their share of mother-in-law jokes.)

I think part of it's not being comfortable but I wouldn't be surprised if she did have a list of questions she had for him, lol.

Regarding Ben's mom & sister, maybe Ashley was uncomfortable because she was nervous and really cared what they thought? Remember that Ben had told her how important it was that they like her.
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15499

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:14 pm

albean99 wrote:
JBF wrote:The only problem I had with Ben's hometown was the scene when he and Julia (one very hot sister... that aloofness is quite sexy) kept looking to the floor when they were talking. Maybe it was all real and natural... and maybe they are just awkward on camera, but it did feel a little... off... as if they were reading from cue cards.

I really do like his family though, but you can see how uncomfortable she is with them. (Not that it should matter in the long run, since so many marriages have their share of mother-in-law jokes.)

I think part of it's not being comfortable but I wouldn't be surprised if she did have a list of questions she had for him, lol.

Regarding Ben's mom & sister, maybe Ashley was uncomfortable because she was nervous and really cared what they thought? Remember that Ben had told her how important it was that they like her.

That could be, but just didn't sound like it from her blog. But who knows. I just wonder why they felt they had to focus on Ben and his dad and his emotions only on his HTD, unless they want him as next bachelor or something. Just weird to me. It's like they are invested in Ben personally (including his work) and I just can't figure out why when other info points to them wanting Ryan as the next bachelor. His edit does remind me of Chris L.

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:19 pm

wachin4fun wrote:
albean99 wrote:

That could be, but just didn't sound like it from her blog. But who knows. I just wonder why they felt they had to focus on Ben and his dad and his emotions only on his HTD, unless they want him as next bachelor or something. Just weird to me. It's like they are invested in Ben personally (including his work) and I just can't figure out why when other info points to them wanting Ryan as the next bachelor. His edit does remind me of Chris L.

I actually think they put in the dad stuff because they want to show how far Ben has come in showing his feelings. With Chris it was mostly a tragic backstory but with Ben it's all about feelings and how he's able to open up now.

The blog is tricky. If Ben were the f1 I'm sure she's already talked to him about what she felt. I also think that even if they allow her to write her own blog, they have editing privileges. No idea if there was more but whether Ben's 1 or 2 I'd hope she'd be more generous with his family so I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt.
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15499

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelad9 Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:21 pm

albean99 wrote:

I think she was uncomfortable when she realised they were probably sad due to the fact that his dad's bday would have been the following day. I think that was probably why that HTD seemed uncomfortable but it was probably the family still grieving over the loss of the dad. JMO.

Kelad9

Female Posts : 1107

http://kelad9.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:26 pm

albean99 wrote:
wachin4fun wrote:
albean99 wrote:

I actually think they put in the dad stuff because they want to show how far Ben has come in showing his feelings. With Chris it was mostly a tragic backstory but with Ben it's all about feelings and how he's able to open up now.

The blog is tricky. If Ben were the f1 I'm sure she's already talked to him about what she felt. I also think that even if they allow her to write her own blog, they have editing privileges. No idea if there was more but whether Ben's 1 or 2 I'd hope she'd be more generous with his family so I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt.

Could be. That is the hard part about the blogs. I do feel like they keep trying to go back and forth between the guys, but the body language (only of what they showed us) was not very strong for Ben this time. I mean, she was kissing JP every two seconds and was not leaning into Ben much (but maybe they cut out that part??). I am so curious if it becomes very different on FDs. I love how they keep us guessing - even when for awhile we think it is too obvious. Fun!

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:35 pm

wachin4fun wrote:
albean99 wrote:

That kitchen scene was the only scene that bugged me. The other dinner scenes and Mom looking through the pictures were fine... along with his scenes with her.

Yeah, I've had that Ben For Bachelor vibe too... for quite a while, despite all of the pro-Ryan attention. His edit is flawless. Not sure what happened with Ryan... maybe he turned them down mid-production?
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:42 pm

I'm betting on Ryan as the Bachelor, but I'd rather Ben. Ames is taken.
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:49 pm

Why is Ryan so expected as the bachelor anyway. His edit wasn't very good to me. Although it is no fun to be dissed for being happy. giggling But, then who would have expected Jake, right? I guess if given the choice between a Chris L (Ben) or a Jake (Ryan - in the edited very earnest way) then I would take the Chris L type any day!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 53 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 44 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion

+76
pavalygurl
Chacharo
tigertiz
2observe
happyvalleygirl