SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion

Page 44 of 53 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 48 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion - Page 44 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion

Post by Shelby Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:59 pm

Others may have a different view, but on the boards where the unspoiled are talking, I have actually seen a shift this week. Ben is actually jumping out in front. His edit this week was very similar to the Chris L edit - I have heard multiple friends who don't read the boards say that they fell in love with Ben this week. In contrast, what has surprised me is how many people are not pointing at JP's jealousy last week, but at the comments he made about his ex this week. They see it as him putting all the blame for the relationship's demise on her shoulders. That, coupled with the jealousy from last week has a number of people calling JP very immature and not ready for a relationship. So while we may know that both JP and Ben are good guys - it actually does appear that to the general viewing audience there has been a shift in the last week and Ben is coming up quick, if not taking JP over for fan favorite. Now, maybe this is all the produer's hope to make Ben the fan favorite in hopes of making him the next Bachelor because Ryan was not as accepted as they hope. I honestly don't know. I just wanted to throw out there for consideration what I have seen on other boards and from people who don't read the boards, but watch the show.

thank you for sharing and welcome here!

It is interesting indeed but not surprising. We knew that as soon after the HTD, people would share their opinion. This will even be more obvious after the fantasy dates.

Everybody is a sucker for sad story and everyone (almost) did experienced a mourn of a close relative. I am not saying that the PI of Ben crying was over the top because I honestly think that was genuine. BUT... the producers jumped on this like the sharks they are. Since we did not see any romance during the HTD, they had to feed us with something and put Ben into the AWWWWW category.

On the other hand, they jumped on the guy who had his heart broken but put the blame on his ex (which is not the way ***i*** saw it at all) ....... how many % of wowan are watching this show???? who many were one day or another been dumped? How many did have to deal with Jealousy? That is not at all the AWWWW we are expecting BUT we were all AWWWW about the romance we all saw between JP and Ashley

So if the producers want to keep their audience, they must build a story.... with chrisL it was his mom and the rainbow.... I wonder what it will be for Ben: thank you ashley for this wonderful journey where I could discover myself and open up and grow up and realize how an ass I was with my mom ......... blah blah blah and on the other hand we will have the nasty mean evil sister who dislike JP on the spot....

but we will all have our happy ending anyway.....

Cause I can't fight this feeling anymore.
I've forgotten what I started fighting for.

ETA: I soud jaded uh? but trust me... i am the first waiting on line in JPs boat blowkiss

Shelby

Female Posts : 3826

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion - Page 44 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion

Post by ironcat Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:14 pm

Just for comparison's sake, I checked the facebook pages of all three guys (I am assuming they are mostly fan pages). Ryan has less than 200 fans, Ben has almost 600, combining two different pages, and JP has almost 5,000. Again, not scientific, but I think that says something. It will be interesting to see if Ben's number increases greatly if fans are supposedly flipping to his side, as has been stated.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by jelle Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:26 pm

If tide of opinion is turning toward Ben, I'd say the editors have done their job. :Nod:
jelle
jelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:34 pm

Ashley apparently did an interview with her local paper basically saying she didn't think she was a good bachelorette because she couldn't hide her feelings well, or pretend to feel things she didn't. She is quoted as saying she was 95% sure who her F1 was after the hometown dates, and she can't believe anyone watching the show DOESN'T know who her F1 is. She also said she knew early on. To me, all of that screams JP. We didn't even see Ben until the orphanage date. My feeling on all of this is what I think Jelle said on the previous page - the producers have to make a show and they have to give us a viable F2. Ben is this season's Chris L - everyone was so in love with Chris L that I think people saw things that maybe weren't there. I do see a chemistry with Ben - but is that because the producers are showing us every bit of footage they can find where the two of them were romantic? With regard to JP - the chemistry is there. The feelings are there. I think the edit the last two weeks has been the producer's throwing some doubt out there about him - trying to even the two guys up. What I see on the unspoiled boards are how many people try to make arguments - but at the end of the day it obviously comes down to who your favorite is and who you see yourself with. Best example of this I can come up with is Ed - most did not want Ed to win. But knowing what we know about Jillian, I do think Ed was the best choice FOR HER. We may love Ben; we may not like things we are being shown about JP. But at the end of the day, who is the right person for Ashley? Only she knows - and at least based on what I have seen, she has made her choice already.

Back to top Go down

Post by beader Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:12 pm

Beeleever wrote:
mnmhughes wrote:
alsoaktchr wrote:But was that a matter of greater or lesser feelings for Dino? ie was he deemed the one least fragile & the best able to handle the FRC?

I don't know. I think we wonder about this every season, but never figure it out! Do you take someone you're more connected to to the F2 spot, or do you let them go early and take someone else who you're not as connected to and who can handle being F2? Suspect

One more thing that gives me a moment of pause...I know RS says Constantine leaving was a mutual decision based on religious beliefs, but I have to wonder if there was something more to it. Constantine and Ben were obviously really close in the house. A part of me wonders if Dino knew Ben was developing feelings for Ash, knew it wasn't there for him, and took himself out for that reason as well as the other differences.

Unless RS has said something recently, originally he didn't say it was based on religious beliefs. He said that Constantine left and he, RS, didn't know why, but that it MIGHT have been religious differences. Personally, I think Dino was the planned F2, and Ben the F3.

beader

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:19 pm

KatesMom wrote:Ashley apparently did an interview with her local paper basically saying she didn't think she was a good bachelorette because she couldn't hide her feelings well, or pretend to feel things she didn't. She is quoted as saying she was 95% sure who her F1 was after the hometown dates, and she can't believe anyone watching the show DOESN'T know who her F1 is. She also said she knew early on. To me, all of that screams JP. We didn't even see Ben until the orphanage date. My feeling on all of this is what I think Jelle said on the previous page - the producers have to make a show and they have to give us a viable F2. Ben is this season's Chris L - everyone was so in love with Chris L that I think people saw things that maybe weren't there. I do see a chemistry with Ben - but is that because the producers are showing us every bit of footage they can find where the two of them were romantic? With regard to JP - the chemistry is there. The feelings are there. I think the edit the last two weeks has been the producer's throwing some doubt out there about him - trying to even the two guys up. What I see on the unspoiled boards are how many people try to make arguments - but at the end of the day it obviously comes down to who your favorite is and who you see yourself with. Best example of this I can come up with is Ed - most did not want Ed to win. But knowing what we know about Jillian, I do think Ed was the best choice FOR HER. We may love Ben; we may not like things we are being shown about JP. But at the end of the day, who is the right person for Ashley? Only she knows - and at least based on what I have seen, she has made her choice already.

:heyyall:

I agree and disagree

Ben's sad story was this season shown pretty late in order for the fans to do not fall as hard and as fast as emily and chrisL (both disasters in public eyes and sure lot of critics about that). So they did not want us to show us too quick so we would be less emotionally attached with ben

I DO like what I see with JP and I think the 5000 followers on his FB is one example. Ben is a nice guy indeed but not as loved as JP.

And I agree totally what in red: again fans forget that it is HER choice at the end.... she clearly mention it in the teaser: I learned in this journey to trust MY heart and this is the beginning of MY love story

so no matter if we like better ben or JP or else.... it is her choice

Shelby

Female Posts : 3826

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:00 pm

jelle wrote:If tide of opinion is turning toward Ben, I'd say the editors have done their job. :Nod:

Exactly. I fully expect next week's show to place enough doubt on JP's and Ash's future and to raise Ben's and Ash's romantic quotient up enough to have the unspoiled masses completely torn over which man will be the last one standing the following week.

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantharose Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:33 pm

etherealfire wrote:
jelle wrote:If tide of opinion is turning toward Ben, I'd say the editors have done their job. :Nod:

Exactly. I fully expect next week's show to place enough doubt on JP's and Ash's future and to raise Ben's and Ash's romantic quotient up enough to have the unspoiled masses completely torn over which man will be the last one standing the following week.

If the previews are anything to go by, Ben looks pretty hot carrying Ash in her bathing suit and kissing her. :lovekiss:
Samantharose
Samantharose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:47 pm

Samantharose wrote:
etherealfire wrote:

If the previews are anything to go by, Ben looks pretty hot carrying Ash in her bathing suit and kissing her. :lovekiss:

Yup, looks like they are really turning up the heat on the FD and looking to bring on the last minute drama as well. :stirthepot I expect the last 3 episodes to be as OTT, confusing and gut wrenching as the first 3 were. Oh well, the good news is there's a light at the end of the tunnel by the time the FRC rolls out and I'm hopeful for a twirl and a happy ending. Maybe I'm naive and over-optimistic but I am hopeful in my wishing the best of everything for all 3 of our very weary travelers, after this dog and pony show wraps up. heartbeat

Back to top Go down

Post by mnmhughes Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:49 pm

Samantharose wrote:
etherealfire wrote:

Yeah! Reminds me of Chris carrying Ali through the ocean, making out the whole way! Embarassed
mnmhughes
mnmhughes

Female Posts : 8112

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:57 pm

KatesMom wrote:Ashley apparently did an interview with her local paper basically saying she didn't think she was a good bachelorette because she couldn't hide her feelings well, or pretend to feel things she didn't. She is quoted as saying she was 95% sure who her F1 was after the hometown dates, and she can't believe anyone watching the show DOESN'T know who her F1 is. She also said she knew early on. To me, all of that screams JP. We didn't even see Ben until the orphanage date. My feeling on all of this is what I think Jelle said on the previous page - the producers have to make a show and they have to give us a viable F2. Ben is this season's Chris L - everyone was so in love with Chris L that I think people saw things that maybe weren't there. I do see a chemistry with Ben - but is that because the producers are showing us every bit of footage they can find where the two of them were romantic? With regard to JP - the chemistry is there. The feelings are there. I think the edit the last two weeks has been the producer's throwing some doubt out there about him - trying to even the two guys up. What I see on the unspoiled boards are how many people try to make arguments - but at the end of the day it obviously comes down to who your favorite is and who you see yourself with. Best example of this I can come up with is Ed - most did not want Ed to win. But knowing what we know about Jillian, I do think Ed was the best choice FOR HER. We may love Ben; we may not like things we are being shown about JP. But at the end of the day, who is the right person for Ashley? Only she knows - and at least based on what I have seen, she has made her choice already.

Apparently they're actually going out of their way to hide the chemistry with Ben. We've seen a ton of pics of Ben & Ashley's last 2 dates that we never saw including the fun stuff from the HTD. It makes me wonder why? Maybe so we cant compare it to JP's skating date? Maybe they're trying to force us into thinking it's the Chris L edit? I think someone else talked about this earlier today.

I also wonder why Ben's getting the longer dates in comparison to JP's if it's true JP is the f1? I know the producers pick who goes on what date but why shorten the HTD for the favorite if you want this to end in a good way? Makes me think that maybe he's not really the f1 but the one they want us to think it is.

I know you're going to say it's to put doubt into JP's edit but still think it's strange that we don't see anything romantic with JP in the FD or LCD unless you count a kiss in the plane. Hiding or is there really trouble in paradise?
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15499

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:11 pm

albean99 wrote:

Apparently they're actually going out of their way to hide the chemistry with Ben. We've seen a ton of pics of Ben & Ashley's last 2 dates that we never saw including the fun stuff from the HTD. It makes me wonder why? Maybe so we cant compare it to JP's skating date? Maybe they're trying to force us into thinking it's the Chris L edit? I think someone else talked about this earlier today.

I also wonder why Ben's getting the longer dates in comparison to JP's if it's true JP is the f1? I know the producers pick who goes on what date but why shorten the HTD for the favorite if you want this to end in a good way? Makes me think that maybe he's not really the f1 but the one they want us to think it is.

I know you're going to say it's to put doubt into JP's edit but still think it's strange that we don't see anything romantic with JP in the FD or LCD unless you count a kiss in the plane. Hiding or is there really trouble in paradise?

With all due respect, we really don't know if the footage they are not showing with Ben sizzles with any chemistry either; perhaps it shows even more of a friendship/tepid connection than we are already seeing, and the kisses are just more of those closed-mouth long pecks. CH said the footage from HTDs was carefree and fun, but he didn't say it was smoking hot.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 44 of 53 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 48 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion

+76
pavalygurl
Chacharo
tigertiz
2observe
happyvalleygirl