SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion

Page 33 of 53 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 43 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion - Page 33 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion

Post by albean99 Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:50 pm

IA that there's a building chemistry edit with Ben but they've also done the normal things that a newly dating couple do - shop, sightseeing, traveling together, plus romantic dinners. They've just done it in different countries. No wonder she thinks he's her bf. :laughingoutlou We've seen some glimpses of the physical chemistry along the way but certainly not in your face like earlier with JP. I don't see it so much now but realize I'm in the minority so don't hurt me. :hidingchair

I asked an unspoiled co-worker about what she thought about the show and the guys. She's finding Ashley extremely annoying, liked Lucas a lot and wishes he wasn't sent home, and also really likes Ben and finds him cute & funny but wants him to get a haircut. I asked her what she thought of JP and she said she used to like him but thought he was a jerk on the last show.
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15499

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion - Page 33 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion

Post by Bloomers Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:32 am

Although there were some wonderful, incredible hometown visits last night, the edit took another undeniable nosedive last night - an alarming turn south which I unbiasedly noticed, as it doesn't matter which one she picks!
I am bringing this over from Ben's thread to address it here as it pertains to the edit:

[b]
ravengirl[/b] wrote:Who do you think his sister is talking about?

Does it matter? That was a gigantic red flag. The hometowns are about FAMILY and fitting into the family. The edit just yelled out loud that there are problems there in a way that I have never heard even with Vienna!

Regardless of which one of those guys she set her bonnet for ( and there is an old fashioned phrase for you. :gotcha: ), they ought to have either or both taken a huge step back and slowed the heck down. I hope for goodness sake somebody didn't get married on the spot, and whoever is F1 - if there is still a relationship - and he is watching this whole fiasco of an edit - takes his time and doesn't fool himself into thinking," Ain't love grand?"

This is a terrible edit beginning with the Bentley theme which ran for 6 episodes and now involves her family if we are supposed to have a positive love relationship in real life.

When you encourage someone in the present, you help that person to become successful in the future.
Bloomers
Bloomers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:17 pm

I am definitely an newbie at this so don't have all the years of experience watching this, but I was taken with the hometown date with JP. I felt it was really well and that Ben's was very...maybe somber is the word. I know I am in a huge minority, but I really felt less positive about Ben after that date. Only because of how he was described by himself and his family in earlier times - picking the wrong girls, not there for people, apologizing for his actions. He sounded like a party boy to me in some ways. I am so glad that he is now sounding so much more mature, but the discussion had me wondering about his maturity before and how quickly can that maturity develop? I think this show really is helping him to mature and that is great, but don't think he would be ready at end for marriage yet. I am not saying he is a bad guy, just sounded like he was having fun and not addressing his emotional life at all before. Anyway, back to edit, I wondered how her blog would match my feelings because you know it can be edited in many ways, but I felt like what I saw on my tv matched what Ashley said in her blog: nothing negative with JP's date and the lack of chemistry or comfort with Ben's family and Ben's part more about his journey than their journey together. But, I know I can see things differently - I really like Ben's hair longer! I hated his haircut. I agree with Ashley that long hair is sexy. LOL.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeleever Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:53 pm

I was really expecting Ben's edit to take a huge jump forward last night. I waited throughout the whole date for this to happen and I honestly was very disappointed I didn't see it.

On the other hand, Constantine's edit took the leap I was expecting to see with Ben. So confusing. Yet we have been shown in recent episodes Dino's doubts about being able to propose to Ashley in the end.

I wonder why TPTB have chosen not to show us more with Ben if he has been slated for the F2 slot?
Beeleever
Beeleever

Female Posts : 3644

Back to top Go down

Post by mnmhughes Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:55 pm

Beeleever wrote:I was really expecting Ben's edit to take a huge jump forward last night. I waited throughout the whole date for this to happen and I honestly was very disappointed I didn't see it.

On the other hand, Constantine's edit took the leap I was expecting to see with Ben. So confusing. Yet we have been shown in recent episodes Dino's doubts about being able to propose to Ashley in the end.

I wonder why TPTB have chosen not to show us more with Ben if he has been slated for the F2 slot?

Even CH admitted that Dino was the "dark horse." It's all so weird?!
mnmhughes
mnmhughes

Female Posts : 8112

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeleever Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:59 pm

mnmhughes wrote:
Beeleever wrote:I was really expecting Ben's edit to take a huge jump forward last night. I waited throughout the whole date for this to happen and I honestly was very disappointed I didn't see it.

Yep, and we all went in thinking it was Ben. It never once entered my mind it could be Constantine. Ever. Then Ash says that his home town was her favorite? Well color me confused. Don't get me wrong, I am still firmly implanted in the tram, but I have to wonder if she was going to take Dino to F2 until he upped and left. :greenman:
Beeleever
Beeleever

Female Posts : 3644

Back to top Go down

Post by gurlbrit Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:00 pm

Sorry guys have to wonder whether Dino was slated for the F2 spot and when he took himself out at F3 Ben moved up? *shrug*
gurlbrit
gurlbrit

Female Posts : 3842

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:02 pm

That's what I was trying to say after all the Notebook comments by CH and Constantine. Figured he was more important than they were letting on.

Back to top Go down

Post by chaslom4 Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:03 pm

Beeleever wrote:
mnmhughes wrote:

Yep, and we all went in thinking it was Ben. It never once entered my mind it could be Constantine. Ever. Then Ash says that his home town was her favorite? Well color me confused. Don't get me wrong, I am still firmly implanted in the tram, but I have to wonder if she was going to take Dino to F2 until he upped and left. :greenman:

That's exactly what I am starting to think.
chaslom4
chaslom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:03 pm

But was that a matter of greater or lesser feelings for Dino? ie was he deemed the one least fragile & the best able to handle the FRC?

Last edited by alsoaktchr on Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:03 pm

We DID see a lot of Constantine's date and he was wonderful to watch with his family and the young kids/babies. It was surprising to me how much they showed of him. Also, surprised how much Ames date matched her blog. She was very honest with people (including the families) about what she is feeling! Not sure about Ben's edit and also why so much was about his dad's death, but many of the folks talk about how all you do on the trip is talk about emotions and people and for someone who had been avoiding this since his dad's death, maybe this experience profoundly affected him and so they felt that was the important part to show (if he is not F1). They (and Ben) also love focusing on this winery. It is a cool job so I can see why, but it kinda turns me off after awhile. I love his looks, so it is bothering me that I am not quite as smitten with him as I was. Oh well.

Back to top Go down

Post by mnmhughes Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:05 pm

alsoaktchr wrote:But was that a matter of greater or lesser feelings for Dino? ie was he deemed the one least fragile & the best able to handle the FRC?

I don't know. I think we wonder about this every season, but never figure it out! Do you take someone you're more connected to to the F2 spot, or do you let them go early and take someone else who you're not as connected to and who can handle being F2? Suspect
mnmhughes
mnmhughes

Female Posts : 8112

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 53 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 43 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion

+76
pavalygurl
Chacharo
tigertiz
2observe
happyvalleygirl