SELECT CONTENT

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #3

Page 53 of 79 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 66 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #3 - Page 53 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #3

Post by Mommyof2 Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:53 pm

sosleepy wrote:Once a year, I go to a ladies brunch in. I drink fancy drinks, bid on baskets, and there is a silent auction. The proceeds go to benefit a children’s hospital in the area - specifically pediatric cancer. It’s a fun event. I like the cause. Sounds a lot like this thing Arie and Lauren showed up for. I never thought to label it my “philanthropy work” though. laugh out loud

As @FLChica stated above, Arie has been involved in philanthropy work for many years. Good on him! Jmo
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #3 - Page 53 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #3

Post by stuckinsc Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:03 pm

Mommyof2 wrote:
sosleepy wrote:Once a year, I go to a ladies brunch in. I drink fancy drinks, bid on baskets, and there is a silent auction. The proceeds go to benefit a children’s hospital in the area - specifically pediatric cancer. It’s a fun event. I like the cause. Sounds a lot like this thing Arie and Lauren showed up for. I never thought to label it my “philanthropy work” though. laugh out loud

As @FLChica stated above, Arie has been involved in philanthropy work for many years.  Good on him!  Jmo

It is nice he went on IWBAM. As did Courtney and many others. And IMO, I consider those appearances to be at least as much about their tv time as any charity. When Arie starts putting real time off tv or his own real money to a charity I will consider him charitable. It takes more than two events in five years to equate a passion for philanthropy to me. Since, I do lots of charitable work as does my husbands famiky, these two little things which were as much about image as charity don’t impress me. JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaystulips Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:27 pm

@stuckinsc, That’s wonderful that you and your family are involved in so much charitable work.  bestbud!

I don’t know what Arie may have personally donated, but he’s helped raise money every year since his appearance on Bachelorette in 2012 for the Phoenix Children’s Hospital Foundation.  I don’t think they received tons of press, but he’s been involved in The Giving Keys, a marathon, some fundraining dinners, at least one car show, some bike races and maybe some other programs all of which supported the hospital.
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by eliza3 Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:45 pm

stuckinsc wrote:@Iluvbachette@sosleepy We saw pictures of Lauren out and about in sunny Iceland with out the sunglasses. If you need them for photo sensitivity you need them in all sun, not selected sun. And IMO, when I have a migraine or bad head ache I am not giggling and joking around. 

My opinion is Lauren thought she was cute. As of right now Arie does too. Good for them, even if it annoys the crap out of me.

Lauren was on TB all season without sunglasses!
eliza3
eliza3

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:49 pm

Is it against the law or wrong to wear sunglasses? I would be more concerned if we found out she never wears underwear or worse the same pair two days in a row. cantstopl

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by kmick0890 Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:55 pm

I thought they were just joking around with the sunglass thing. They both used IG filters when they were doing it. I don't see a big deal with it. If another couple did it, it would be a non issue IMO.

Last edited by kmick0890 on Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
kmick0890
kmick0890

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:09 pm

vacayeveryday wrote:
Minney wrote:
tiger wrote:Getting back to Arie and Lauren... the pics a couple days ago of Lauren wearing sunglasses on an airplane were so obnoxious but so Lauren. Someone needs to tell her she's not as famous or important as she thinks she is. Arie tried to play it off like she was just kidding around, but based on her past behavior and the obviously staged paparazzi photos and videos from their vacation, I think she actually does think she's that big of a deal.

ITA and it appeared Arie was definitely looking like he didn't find it as humorous as she did but she also was just acting her age, IMO.  Wonder what other ways their age difference is starting to irritate one or the other?  Lauren cleaned up her IG but otherwise she had the typical 25 year old pics.  Even the "shake it off" was totally a look-at-me pic IMO.  

Alright, I know that many ppl don't like Lauren and Arie, and there are perhaps several good reasons for that to be the case. IMO one of them is not because Lauren goofs around with her sunglasses on a plane. IMO her behavior did not rise to the level of obnoxious nor "look-at-me" nor does it give rise to speculation that there are now "age difference" issues. Considering his dating past I think it's safe to say that Arie is very comfortable with younger women. As for the "obnoxious/look-at-me" part, take a look at the IG pages of the BN contestants and you'll see many more attention-grabbing bikini, topless, shirtless, sexy posing, seeking-attention posts in comparison.
Regarding the bolded, I know that Arie/Lauren aren't liked by some out there be it on forums or SM, but considering all the things that this poor couple are facing, IMO, Lauren isn't an exhibitionist nor obnoxious just because she wears sunglasses.  I just find that so funny. IMO, it's just not something that I would pick on as being attention seeker out there when there is just so much more that is a true example of obnoxious or being an exhibitionist than wearing a pair of sunglasses on an airplane....IMO

sosleepy wrote:I, too, suffer from migraines and wear sunglasses year round and at times other people may not.

Just playing the odds here that this wasn’t the case with LB though. laugh out loud
 IMO
Hmmm,  I don't think it was established that she didn't suffer from migraines / headaches or anything like that.....maybe I am wrong.

BKay wrote:I don't see how wearing sunglasses on a plane is an attention-seeking thing. But that's just me. If she felt like wearing them in a photo, I don't get why that is a big deal. At least she hasn't posted photos running around barefoot in public. At least, not yet. giggling And before I get creamed for the barefoot comment, I totally would kick off my stilettos if I felt like it!
I completely agree....I don't see anything wrong with it, nor is it a factor that can be accused of being an attention-seeking thing.  I am getting the feeling that no matter what this couple does or says, it will be wrong.....feel bad for them, IMO

Maggenzm wrote:I really like that they have a little be of the "I don't give a damn" attitude. I think they have the right to live their lives anyway they please, just as we do. She can wear glasses or not everyday and everywhere if she wants to, why should I care? JMO
So true with the bolded.  It's not my life to live and decide what I want to do......it is hers.  Just because she did that why is that grounds for accusing her of being obnoxious or an exhibitionist?? IMO.  Her living her life the way SHE wants to live it doesn't directly affect me so why as a person do I have the right to have a problem with it and make such a big deal of it.  That makes no sense to me....IMO.

Mommyof2 wrote:

As @FLChica stated above, Arie has been involved in philanthropy work for many years.  Good on him!  Jmo
I find it weird how so many things this poor couple says and does is ripped apart.  Unless it directly affects me, why in the world am I going to pee on their parade?  *edit*

I love that Arie and now Lauren are a part of the fund raising for such a good cause no matter what kind of name gets attached to it....so glad that they are using their notoriety to bring attention to the cause!!!!!!

Last edited by Ladybug82 on Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : No calling out other posters for their negative thoughts)

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10821

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:13 pm

kmick0890 wrote:I thought they were just joking around with the sunglass thing. They both used IG filters when they were going it. I don't see a big deal with it. If another couple did it, it would be a non issue IMO.
With the bolded.....BINGO!

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #3 - Page 53 2133010805

This poor couple and all the negativity out there on SM and forums.....shame that they are first fighting the bachelor/bachelorette relationship curse, then to fight everyone else out there with the negativity.....IMO

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10821

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:20 pm

It's the same for every couple right after the season. They'll get through it if it's meant to be. If not, then it's not the fault of people discussing them on message boards. JMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:37 pm

Look I personally don't care about Lauren's sunglasses and I don't think it says anything about her, but no one here has to feel positively or be nice about this couple. If they want to "pee on their parade" and be negative about them, they can.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19246

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:46 pm

Discussion: Good, bad, ugly, bizarre etc.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaystulips Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:50 pm

I know, and now you’ve got me wondering about Lauren’s underwear. Hugesmile
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 53 of 79 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 66 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #3

+68
MommaSez
tiger
gurlbrit
chelsiega
bluwavz