SELECT CONTENT

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #3

Page 18 of 79 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 48 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #3 - Page 18 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #3

Post by Guest Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:17 pm

@stuckinsc Thanks for the info. I thought Lucas15 had read something different.

Back to top Go down

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #3 - Page 18 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #3

Post by Aunties_Love Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:18 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:
vacayeveryday wrote: snipped..

I must be on totally different feeds, because I honestly never heard that it was offensive until yesterday. I'm not saying that Arie/Lauren are innocent in all this, I'm just saying that taking myself as an example and from other comments I've seen not everyone knows that this joke is seen as an offensive thing. That's all.

I agree. This joke has been around for as long as I can remember. If people are hurt by it, I can understand that, however, I'd be offended several times a day if I took offense to comments made on SM. I lost my dad 48 yrs ago, when I was a young teen. Am I offended when it's Father's day and everyone posts sweet Father's Day messages and Pics? I should be, how dare anyone post those types of sweet messages when there are those that lost our Dads. I heard some Christians didn't want April Fools Day this year because it was Easter Sunday. I celebrated Easter like any other Easter. It's ludicrous IMHO. If I don't like something, I delete it, ignore it, move on otherwise I would be consumed with hate the way the world is today IMHO.  

I'm more offended when I'm accused of being an Arie lover, and making excuses for his bad behaviour when I never said such a thing. I'm more offended when I'm accused of making excuses and blaming the victim when I never said that at all.

I would be grateful if posts leave everyone out of the picture, because I'm not everyone, and don't put words in my mouth of saying things I did not say
 I completely agree with the bolded.  I haven't made excuses, just tried to ply the other side of the coin theory to any of the situations.....no matter how it's received.

sosleepy wrote:And once again... the point is not if *you* are personally offended by it... if you aren’t, wonderful. That’s nice. The larger point is some are, and certain groups have asked for sensitivity towards this issue. It all comes down to just being kind and thoughtful, iimo. Is a silly April Fools Day joke really worth making someone else hurt? I vote no. JMO
I think you got the phrase right "Is a silly April Fools Day joke" and in that theory, why not take it as silly as it is intended.  IMO NEITHER of them thought that something that silly or fun would be taken so seriously.  I think Jillian addressed this on her IG Story quite extensively and she too thought that it was all in fun and nothing to write home about.  She even went on to say that it was very silly the pages and pages of rude and hurtfull comments back to the couple are the real problem.

USAGold wrote:Arie did apologize and he meant no harm I think we all need to accept that and not over do the offense part ! IMO
If you or I offend someone and we apologize for it we would want the Same treatment ! IMO
You couldnt' be more right IMO.  Again, IMO it's a situation of they can't win for losing.  No matter what this couple says/does it will never be right.....even if that something is them paying for someone's wedding or any other act of kindness......there will always someone finding some kind of fault in it..... Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  no no

USAGold wrote:its really all how you view it personally. AS I stated earlier I have fertility issues and I accepted his apology as he stated it !!
Some people would not even bother to post any apology whatsoever

It's all a matter of opinion which we all have and ae entitled to!
yep, we are entitled to opinions.  I too have had issues with fertility in the past that resulted in no kids for me, yet I didn't take offense for it.  IMO, it's a day that's set aside for pranks of all kinds. I could quite easily be afected by any of those said pranks as quite a lot has happened to me in my life, yet, I am not taking offense but more so giggling about it.  again, taking things seriously in life IMO can make for a really sad life but that's just me.

sdmom wrote:As long as they can handle sm negativity, I don’t think they should go away. Why? They have fans too. Some may find it stupid, but others find funny. Different strokes for different people. All Jmo.
Yes, they do have fans.  They do have ones that like them as a couple(me in this category)Then there are the ones that despise them.  like you said sdmom, different strokes.

beader wrote:Again, "Damned if they do, damned if they don't."  IMO

"He should have known that joke was offensive."
"He should apologize."  
"He didn't apologize properly."
"He shouldn't have used that wording for the apology."
"He didn't really mean the apology."
"He used an incorrect word in his apology."
"They need someone to write their script."

Sure looks to me like they can't win for loosing.
You are right, they can't no matter how many great deeds they would/could do, someone's going to find the absolute fault in any of those actions and rag on it.  IMO.  I feel sorry for about any couple in this situation---they have a rough road to go then deal with all the negativity over something so trite....gimme a break.  LOL.  All IMO

Rolly wrote:
beader wrote:Again, "Damned if they do, damned if they don't."  IMO

"He should have known that joke was offensive."
"He should apologize."  
"He didn't apologize properly."
"He shouldn't have used that wording for the apology."
"He didn't really mean the apology."
"He used an incorrect word in his apology."
"They need someone to write their script."

Sure looks to me like they can't win for loosing.

When they said they were going to stay off SM I thought it was about the smartest thing they said. They did not. If they had there wouldn’t be anything to apologize for. Go on vacation, move Lauren to Arizona, go to the race track, get a job or work if they have a job, get to know each other, be a couple. Take time to get to know
each other and give the public a break. The twirling in the streets, making fun of others while exercising and their awful insensitive April Fool’s jokes don’t help your image IMO.

Arie was engaged, broke off the engagement and got engaged again in a matter of four (4) months. IMO it’s crazy that they are planning to get married at the end of June. It looks like they are desperate to prove something IMO. Their relationship screams to me that the aren’t ready but good luck to them if they do.

It will be appalling if this franchise does anything to support a televised wedding for this couple IMO. There are other couples far more deserving.
Regarding the bolded, they NEVER said they were staying off SM but they did say that they were going to lay off or not be there as much....now as with any couple from the past, I am impressed especially knowing the track record of this show that they are showing that they can maybe make it.  IMO, that is something to be celebrated not to rip it apart and say so many negative things as is being done in so many formats.  In the past, if I haven't got anything nice to say, then I just shut up about it all....another gramma's analogy coming forth! LOL.  As far as the next bolded, why would it be so appauling for them and not others.  Come one......shouldn't a couple that found love, found their way through the barrage of negativity that this show garners and made it to the wedding day.....shouldn't those be celebrated instead of being ragged on?  Yes, there are other couples that should get their wedding, but if they aren't coming forth to have one and this couple is, then yea, of course celebrate them and negativity be dammed.  As far as a whirlwind romance then wedding, I am sure not one to talk.....in mine there was only 6 weeks between first meeting and getting married....at least they have been together several months now.  And when you think about it, it will be 6 months from them getting back together to the end of june....not really a short time going by my standards......LOL.   ALL IMO

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10821

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:22 pm

BKay wrote:@stuckinsc Thanks for the info. I thought Lucas15 had read something different.

I think Arie is probably inconsiderate with the parking, but harassing Lauren at her new home is not okay. She should be able to walk around without being verbally harassed. I think the poster’s SO as described sounds as rude or ruder than Arie. JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:25 pm

BKay wrote:@stuckinsc Thanks for the info. I thought Lucas15 had read something different.

I was going to post that he’s blocking not parked in the stall as I mentioned but had an important phone call to tend to prior. That means he might be parking parallel to those spaces to fit his truck. Whatevs! Still a jerk thing to do. Paying the fee might be worth it to Arie but disrespectful to a card carrying member of the disabled community imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:28 pm

@stuckinsc I guess I tend to take it all with a grain of salt. The lady may be right and he is parking where he shouldn't, or she may dislike him and be exaggerating the whole thing. I dunno. If you don't like someone, it's easy to find things to support your feelings, imo. I don't know Arie, so I don't have an opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:29 pm

Minney wrote:Looks like the couple made it to Scottsdale.  I thought they were stopping for appearances along the way?  Did those not happen or are they still coming up?  Aries condo neighbors have spotted him out walking the dogs but no Libby sightings yet.  Interesting reading posts from his neighbors about his habits.  IMO
Who is Libby and if that is a nickname or Lauren....WHY? Why not call the girl her name??

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10821

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:29 pm

@Stone_Hedge I have been helping wheel chair bound family members since I was seven. I wish someone would inform the police, so they can write him tickets and cause him legal action for interfering with handicapped parking. JMO. 

The harassment of Lauren is not okay, no matter what Arie has done. Arie’s bad actions should not be used as justification to harass someone else. IMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:30 pm

sosleepy wrote:She has pictures of Arie walking his dogs (including Lauren’s) in front of his condo. Seems legit to me. Confused how that’s the “big tell” that the poster is lying.

ETA: also, if you live in a condo, I’m guessing chances are there are more people with special needs who need that handicapped stall. Higher proportion to normal home owners, who I’d wager have stronger likelihood’s of being able bodied. Of course douche canoe uses one of the stalls for his truck, so the elderly couple or the disabled tenant have to find parking elsewhere. I’d be totes annoyed too... if I were the neighbor. I have a neighbor that’s constantly parking their vans in front of our mailbox or where we put our garbage. It’s annoying as hell!

Like I say about my neighbors, same goes for Arie- clean your garage, dude. Stop putting other people out just cause you can’t fit your vehicle where it’s supposed to go.
Doesn't matter if it's a regular poster or not. Not saying Arie hasn't blocked a stall or not, ever or from time to time, because we don't know if he did or didn't. 

**IMO**The part that is total BS is Arie being fined numerous times. He's a licensed RE Agent and wouldn't do anything that would escalate to numerous fines. If only because he would risk the possibility of moving condo residents' listings. Would never happen where he lives. (Real Estate 101: Don't sh*t where you eat.)
Amberish
Amberish

Female Posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:32 pm

Aunties_Love wrote:
Minney wrote:Looks like the couple made it to Scottsdale.  I thought they were stopping for appearances along the way?  Did those not happen or are they still coming up?  Aries condo neighbors have spotted him out walking the dogs but no Libby sightings yet.  Interesting reading posts from his neighbors about his habits.  IMO
Who is Libby and if that is a nickname or Lauren....WHY?  Why not call the girl her name??
Because Lauren called herself Libby on a modeling website. The nickname is out there because she chose to call herself Libby for modeling purposes. IMO, she opened that box. She should have changed the name or removed the profile when she went on the show.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:33 pm

stuckinsc wrote:

I think Arie is probably inconsiderate with the parking, but harassing Lauren at her new home is not okay. She should be able to walk around without being verbally harassed. I think the poster’s SO as described sounds as rude or ruder than Arie. JMO.

I think she said in a previous thread that her bf had dated one of Arie's exes or something and that's why he knows all kinds of crap about Arie. I agree though, no one should be harassed at their home. It wasn't clear if he shouted at them though or just while sitting outside so they may or not have heard it.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:34 pm

sosleepy wrote:And once again... the point is not if *you* are personally offended by it... if you aren’t, wonderful. That’s nice. The larger point is some are, and certain groups have asked for sensitivity towards this issue. It all comes down to just being kind and thoughtful, iimo. Is a silly April Fools Day joke really worth making someone else hurt? I vote no. JMO
I think you got the phrase right "Is a silly April Fools Day joke" and in that theory, why not take it as silly as it is intended.  IMO NEITHER of them thought that something that silly or fun would be taken so seriously.  I think Jillian addressed this on her IG Story quite extensively and she too thought that it was all in fun and nothing to write home about.  She even went on to say that it was very silly the pages and pages of rude and hurtfull comments back to the couple are the real problem.

Well if Jillian says so, then by all means. Rolling Eyes  My thoughts on the subject of this tacky joke have very little to do with Arie specifically, and remained in place long before he and Lauren made the idiotic joke. That particular April Fools Day joke is hurtful and insensitive for many. I’ve read countless blog posts on it. I thought it was tacky when Sean and Catherine pulled it too. 

As for posting hurtful things to Arie directly, my thoughts on the subject begin and and on this forum. I have no interest in using my personal Instagram to comment to these people. laugh out loud No thanks.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:36 pm

Let me get this straight.  The neighbor takes pictures of Arie?  The neighbor's SO harrassed Lauren that Arie would cheat on her?  Oh, these neighbors sound like real stand up people.  Rolling Eyes dizzy  IMO.

Last edited by Mommyof2 on Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 79 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 48 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #3

+68
MommaSez
tiger
gurlbrit
chelsiega
bluwavz