SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4

Page 67 of 80 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 73 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4 - Page 67 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4

Post by brownravens Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:42 pm

Sprite wrote:
brownravens wrote:
dolcimumma wrote:I do love news.com's recaps.  Always good for a giggle.  They give Laura are hard time here about 'Rushcutters'  rofl

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/reality-tv/james-weir-recaps-the-bachelor-australia-2017-episode-14/news-story/3c8736300264f3ed9f823b021b4209a4

When we get to Laura’s turn, her home town is listed as “Sydney” in the subtitles and she’s probably mortified at this error because, in episode one, she made it perfectly clear she lives specifically in “Rushcutters”.

That;s exactly what made me roll my eyes at her night 1! I'm so glad i'm not the only Sydney-sider who picked up on that!! Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4 - Page 67 3806527698

Please what does this mean? I'm from Canada so this goes right over my head.

yeah as @solaroo said, it's just a very douche-y thing to say. In Sydney the Eastern suburbs are very posh and well off so the implication of saying you're from there right off the bat is just very off-putting for me personally.
brownravens
brownravens

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4 - Page 67 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4

Post by Justme Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:12 am

Sprite wrote:
dolcimumma wrote:
Sprite wrote:So on her HTD she was most excited about meeting her friends. We could tell! Yeah, so clearly she is relieved not to be picked and when looking for someone...it's not someone like Matty.  rofl

and no wonder no one else got a look in if Laura is outspoken and a 'presence' in the room. Poor Elise never stood a chance  Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4 - Page 67 1f625

She wasn't the only presence in the room. None of these girls seem to be wallflowers...other than maybe Cobie. If they were really interested they would have made the effort. More than anything, I think they all see who he is into and then lose any interest...if they even had any to start with.

Ha! That reminded me of a post on Elise's ig.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BXtTw7Qhqv3/

Justme

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueJeans Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:20 am

dolcimumma wrote:I do love news.com's recaps.  Always good for a giggle.  They give Laura are hard time here about 'Rushcutters'  rofl

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/reality-tv/james-weir-recaps-the-bachelor-australia-2017-episode-14/news-story/3c8736300264f3ed9f823b021b4209a4

That is a hilarious recap. Laura's description is on point. "I'm sick of her and her Bondi hipster accent". Oh boy how I can relate to that!!

BlueJeans

Back to top Go down

Post by LeapofFaith Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:35 am

BlueJeans wrote:

That is a hilarious recap. Laura's description is on point. "I'm sick of her and her Bondi hipster accent". Oh boy how I can relate to that!!

I am going to stick up for Laura here as i believe she is actually from Wollongong and moved to sydney 7 years ago? ... Wollongong is bogan central IMO .... and her grandparents and mum seem nothing like "Bondi" ppl and they still live in wollongong. jmo
LeapofFaith
LeapofFaith

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarAndSpice Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:40 am

LeapofFaith wrote:
BlueJeans wrote:

I am going to stick up for Laura here as i believe she is actually from Wollongong and moved to sydney 7 years ago? ... Wollongong is bogan central IMO .... and her grandparents and mum seem nothing like "Bondi" ppl and they still live in wollongong.  jmo

Hey careful what you say about Wollongong laugh out loud She did indeed grow up in Wollongong.
SugarAndSpice
SugarAndSpice

Back to top Go down

Post by LeapofFaith Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:42 am

SugarAndSpice wrote:
LeapofFaith wrote:
BlueJeans wrote:

I am going to stick up for Laura here as i believe she is actually from Wollongong and moved to sydney 7 years ago? ... Wollongong is bogan central IMO .... and her grandparents and mum seem nothing like "Bondi" ppl and they still live in wollongong.  jmo

Hey careful what you say about Wollongong laugh out loud She did indeed grow up in Wollongong.

laugh out loud sorry just trying to say shes not snooty imo her roots are not anyway......if that makes sense laugh out loud btw i love bogans so i find it more a compliment Hugesmile eta pure example sophie and tara admitting they are big bogans!! Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4 - Page 67 2498057887
LeapofFaith
LeapofFaith

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:54 am

Posting this interview again (video in link) that Matty did for the Adelaide Advertisers as part of his media rounds on Thursday July 27th, same day that Episode 2 aired. He addresses how he goes on SHVs with his F1; whether he made up his mind early on who his F1 was and how he didn't make up his mind till the very end; how difficult the final decision was and that post filming he has been sure that he made the right decision; how different both his F2s are; how he had in mind to come to Adelaide for a date to swim with the sharks but getting audio under water would have been challenging (I wonder what / who would have gotten that date had production been able to film that). Overall interesting nuggets IMO from this interview which helped me to be determined to sleuth out the season when I first listened to it about 6 weeks ago Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4 - Page 67 2498057887

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/entertainment/confidential/chat-live-with-the-bachelor-matty-j-on-advertisercomau/news-story/ae28282f698a8e90dfe6b9c4cf13d50d

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarAndSpice Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:56 am

LeapofFaith wrote:
SugarAndSpice wrote:
LeapofFaith wrote:

laugh out loud sorry just trying to say shes not snooty imo her roots are not anyway......if that makes sense laugh out loud btw i love bogans so i find it more a compliment Hugesmile eta pure example sophie and tara admitting they are big bogans!! Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4 - Page 67 2498057887

hahah @leapoffaith no no, no offence taken laugh out loud Wollongong folk are pretty laid back, as is the lifestyle. It aligns quite well with the Bondi/Rushcutters vibe, just slightly less expensive and more down to earth people IMO laugh out loud
SugarAndSpice
SugarAndSpice

Back to top Go down

Post by brownravens Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:58 am

SugarAndSpice wrote:
LeapofFaith wrote:
SugarAndSpice wrote:

hahah @leapoffaith no no, no offence taken laugh out loud Wollongong folk are pretty laid back, as is the lifestyle. It aligns quite well with the Bondi/Rushcutters vibe, just slightly less expensive and more down to earth people IMO laugh out loud

Ahh but Laura never ever says she's from the Gong on the show - it's always rushcutters/eastern suburbs sydney... Rolling Eyes
brownravens
brownravens

Back to top Go down

Post by LeapofFaith Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:59 am

SugarAndSpice wrote:
LeapofFaith wrote:
SugarAndSpice wrote:

thumbsup thanks that's what i was trying to get at but you articulated it better than me laugh out loud
LeapofFaith
LeapofFaith

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarAndSpice Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:09 am

brownravens wrote:
SugarAndSpice wrote:
LeapofFaith wrote:

Ahh but Laura never ever says she's from the Gong on the show - it's always rushcutters/eastern suburbs sydney... Rolling Eyes

You can take the girl outta the Gong, but you can never take the Gong outta the girl Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4 - Page 67 2498057887 Plus no one ever says they're from Wollongong... Its the first rule of coming from Wollongong: You do not talk about Wollongong! laugh out loud
SugarAndSpice
SugarAndSpice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirty Street Pie Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:14 am

brownravens wrote:
SugarAndSpice wrote:
LeapofFaith wrote:

Yes, @brownravens that's what I was going to chime in with, she doesn't claim the Gong, she claims Rushcutters. Darling, you're not FROM Rushcutters, you just live there.
Dirty Street Pie
Dirty Street Pie

Female Posts : 2595

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 67 of 80 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 73 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4

+42
bondi_blonde
Mommyof2
Ash
Norcalgal
ideas_ideas
Hooked
spangler
Skeppy
Rikkim
Schnitty4lyf
carraiger