SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Page 44 of 78 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 61 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 44 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by brownravens Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:18 am

To be honest i'm pretty disappointed about the love story no really being shown. This SD with Laura was full of third wheels and didn't feel super personal, in fact the star thing felt the same as Bell of Happiness to me.

I'm trying hard to get into Laura but I just feel like everything with her jewellery line feels really opportunistic. I'm just so suss on her...
brownravens
brownravens

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 44 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by ssin0547 Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:20 am

@Bobette

IA and Matty's going to come off looking bad either which way as the inevitable comments will be "How could he do to someone else what was done to him"?

ssin0547

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarAndSpice Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:21 am

Bobette wrote:
ssin0547 wrote:Oh man. Elise is such a top chick. Like seriously she is a Nikki and girls like her don't come around every day. I'm so sad for her but the writings on the wall now after that F1 music played for Laura sad((((( 

Elise already knew when she said they're good on paper but she doesn't feel the spark. She is the sacrificial lamb this season. I remember someone said maybe Matty needed a break before her SD to get ready to throw her under the bus and to be honest I think this is true.

That was me and seeing it play out, I believe it more than ever.  

I'm also wondering the reason Elise has been so hidden till now was perhaps because he wanted to do the least amount of "damage" to F2 and do the least amount of acting, so they put off introducing her story for as long as possible.  He just really wasn't cut out for this role, IMO.  Should have just asked Laura out at Icebergs and passed the Lead to someone else, IMO.

@bobette ITA. I do actually love Matty as a lead (still more than any other AU bachelor), but I don't think he was ready for the trail of "break ups" he was going to have to face during the show.
SugarAndSpice
SugarAndSpice

Back to top Go down

Post by ssin0547 Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:23 am

brownravens wrote:To be honest i'm pretty disappointed about the love story no really being shown. This SD with Laura was full of third wheels and didn't feel super personal, in fact the star thing felt the same as Bell of Happiness to me.

I'm trying hard to get into Laura but I just feel like everything with her jewellery line feels really opportunistic. I'm just so suss on her...
They zoomed in on her fingers so many times and her Insta pics feature them so
Prominently. I don't think for a second Laura genuinely went on the show. I think she thought it would be good for business and a bit of an experience. JMO.

ssin0547

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:23 am

They posted the preview for Sophie's Bachelorette season on the Bachie Twitter tonight and honestly, I saw more genuine, real emotion in that 82 second clip than I have in this entire season. This is the fakest season I have ever watched and that's not even a real word.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by ideas_ideas Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:23 am

Just re watched the Ep as I was distracted throughout the live play, and man, I really do think Laura has it in the bag. As we know I'm such a big Elise fan, love her, love them together! But re-watching this ep, IMO, the way Matty was trying so much to steer his convo with Laura to affirmation from her and he gave her affirmation back, the way he was looking at her, the way he kissed her, the way he said he was SO excited for the date, and how he had such high expectations for it etc etc... compared to how he was with Elise tonight, which was lovely but IMO definitely not as sure as he was with Laura... combined with the other sleuthing pieces... I think I've put all Elise hope on the back burner like some of you! Upset (I do like Laura too tho, just adore Elise!)

I also get a clearer sense of Laura from this ep - I think the reason she rubs some people up the wrong way is that she's got that high nervous energy about her, talks really fast and stumbles her words because of it sometimes -- some people have a more embodied sensual energy like Elora, some have an earthier and calmer energy like Elise (and she's so sunny too!), some have a stronger endearing salt-of-the-earth energy like Tara, some have a wispy energy like Akoulina had... and I think Laura has a high nervous type of energy and that comes across as a bit mechanical and 'in her head', at the extreme can be perceived as a bit cocky as some have said, as opposed to someone like Nikki last year for example, who was sweet and had a more 'heart' energy, which made her so easily loved by the public.
All JMO of course!

ideas_ideas

Back to top Go down

Post by dolcimumma Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:25 am

This year seems very very scripted even my husband agreed when Matty pulled up to pick up Laura their conversation before getting in the car sounded super fake IMO. Not enjoying it as much as I have enjoyed other Bachie seasons I must say. Too fake!

dolcimumma

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:25 am

ssin0547 wrote:He didn't look super happy when she told him she loved him IMO
She didn't tell him she loved him. She said she liked him etc.

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:26 am

Pongo wrote:It is just annoying because he has already been given some many outs. Elise's dad told him not to lead her on and tonight she pretty much implied that if he didn't feel a spark to let her go. I really wish he would have chosen someone else to take to F2. She is going to be devastated and it is going to be hard to watch. JMO

He'll get around it by saying he did feel a spark for Elise but the spark he felt with Laura was sparkier, the usual Bach break up speech. I'm going to be watching this FRC through my fingers like I do when I watch a scary movie. Or maybe just skip it entirely Upset
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by NostalgicNZA Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:27 am

they didnt show the part when matty said "this changes everything" when he was wearing the striped shirt. anyone else notice???
NostalgicNZA
NostalgicNZA

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:28 am

NostalgicNZA wrote:they didnt show the part when matty said "this changes everything" when he was wearing the striped shirt. anyone else notice???

Who do you reckon that part was for? Thanks.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by dolcimumma Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:29 am

@NostalgicNZA when did he say that? Very interesting! I only remember in the sneak peak him saying "I didn't expect this' but when was that said??

dolcimumma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 44 of 78 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 61 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

+41
Rikkim
Zaynab
Justme
Storybook
Bookworm
romance realist
Missfi
Pongo
Bumbleguild
bronniegrace
Mommyof2