SELECT CONTENT

THE BACHELORETTE - SEASON 12 - JOJO FLETCHER - **NO SPOILERS** - Episode Discussion - *SLEUTHING* DISCUSSION

Page 53 of 79 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 66 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

THE BACHELORETTE - SEASON 12 - JOJO FLETCHER - **NO SPOILERS** - Episode Discussion - *SLEUTHING* DISCUSSION - Page 53 Empty Re: THE BACHELORETTE - SEASON 12 - JOJO FLETCHER - **NO SPOILERS** - Episode Discussion - *SLEUTHING* DISCUSSION

Post by veg_out Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:16 am

Those are great cases against Luke and Robby, who granted I haven't watched as closely! Thanks! It helps me see if there's more in the "F1" category for each of them.

A point about likability: The goal of the editors is to get an audience to "fall in love" with certain contestants and "dislike' other contestants to make their season storyline work on two accounts: 1. The viability of the final couple 2. Setting up the next lead.

The show often leaves things in the edit of the main relationship as commentary on the chances for them to succeed. I think of Brad and Emily, Ed and Jillian, Andy and Josh as a cases in point. They also sometimes make another relationship seem more airtight if they think that another relationship was a better match.

At this point, I'd suggest that the show doesn't need us to particularly love the F1: In many ways that's a secondary role once a season starts airing. What they do need is for the viewers to really like certain contestants who are being considered either for next lead or Bachelor in Paradise. That interest in a character will pull an audience into those seasons.

At this point, I see Luke as the candidate most likely being set up as next lead; however, I could see Jordan and Chase in that role as well based on likability and edits. Jordan and Chase aren't getting perfect edits though, which make me think that they are more likely in the F1 running. question

Any thoughts?
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

THE BACHELORETTE - SEASON 12 - JOJO FLETCHER - **NO SPOILERS** - Episode Discussion - *SLEUTHING* DISCUSSION - Page 53 Empty Re: THE BACHELORETTE - SEASON 12 - JOJO FLETCHER - **NO SPOILERS** - Episode Discussion - *SLEUTHING* DISCUSSION

Post by agentcurls Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:26 am

^I think Jordan is our F1 if he is in Thailand unless the flame gets extinguished by someone else. It seems rather unlikely to happen ATM but not impossible.
That leaves Chase...if Jordan isn't in Thailand, he may win her over. I hope it's not by default...but I do see an arc with him. "The one who took JoJo by complete surprise."

Robby is physical edit...Luke/Jordan are tied for next lead. 
Jordan is doing a lot of narrating. Is it because TPTB want to showcase him in the lead role? Then the football date, Jordan's talents and abilities were front and center for millions of housewives (like me!) to drool over. "The guy who plays second fiddle to his brother will get his chance in the sun. He couldn't open up to JoJo, but wants a chance to rectify his past mistakes in love now as our bachelor"
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by aviej Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:06 pm

I agree with the posts above. As much as Luke is likeable, I just don't see him as a good fit for JoJo. He is way too intense, I think JoJo is looking for someone who she can be herself with, she can let loose, be goofy and he'll go along with it. Luke is very mature and while she admires and respects his gentlemanly and mature ways, I think she wants a balance. Can she be her true and authentic self with Luke? Or will she just be in awe of him and try to live up to his standards? There is a chemistry there for sure, but I would be surprised if he was F1, to be honest. Also, if I remember correctly from other seasons, the F1 isn't typically the one who jumps in with both feet at once, (unless this is the Shawn edit with Kaitlyn). They are more reserved and guarded with their feelings. I don't think that's Luke.

To me, Jordon has that F1 edit of being scared and guarded to share feelings etc. She is literally begging him to tell her how he feels about her - quite similar to how Andi was with Josh. It'll be interesting once she's had her 1on1 with Jordon to be in a group date with Jordon, Luke and Chase to see where her heart strings are pulling her. That'll be very telling.

I personally like Chase the most because he's fun to be around, clearly in it for her and I can just see JoJo being her natural self without having doubts, reservations etc. I think though that at this point Chase is getting the Siegfield edit. He is the likable guy she always enjoys being with but she can't see him as F1 (yet) because of her attraction for Jordon.

But time will tell.
aviej
aviej

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:16 pm

^those are great points, @aviej
If Jordan comes through for JoJo, I currently don't see her saying good bye to him...not unless her feelings wane as the journey progresses. 

I can see Chase getting a Chris S-type edit, but maybe this time around it's because he truly is F2/F3, with F3 more likely to spare his feelings, imo. 
But if Chase is on this 2:1 (the second one of the season), then Chase would be getting an edit I haven't seen before (Other than Tessa (F1) on Andy's season, I don't think any 2:1 winners have advanced to F3?)

Joey & Kelsey - You're the One

Joey & Kelsey - Why I Love You
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by aviej Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:29 pm

Can someone tell me again how we are almost certain Chase is on another 2 on 1? And isn't that unprecedented since we have already had a 2 on 1 although it came much sooner than in the traditional set up at week 6 or thereabout.
aviej
aviej

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:41 pm

aviej wrote:Can someone tell me again how we are almost certain Chase is on another 2 on 1? And isn't that unprecedented since we have already had a 2 on 1 although it came much sooner than in the traditional set up at week 6 or thereabout.
Because of this sequence of SCs: Click here
There doesn't appear to be others on this particular date. It doesn't mean there aren't though. But maybe there are two 2:1s this season for whatever reason.
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:42 pm

^^And on the other hand I think Luke is F1 if he's in Thailand-the only way I don't see it being him, is if she 'loves' Jordan just a bit... 'more'.

Like others have said about Robby, there's no substance, he's been hidden with a few thrown in kisses. Most people watching totally unspoiled wouldn't have Robby on their radar, I haven't and I'm slightly spoiled with the previews and dissecting them over and over, sorry Mia. giggling

Some things Luke has going for him-
He has a great resume. Had an extended intro, rode in on a freaking unicorn, last. Relates instantly to Jojo's entrance last season, so leaves a great impression. He's gorgeous (to some of us) ;) he's built, she loves his hands-she went on about them-in the present tense-on her people blog. He gave her boots. Amazing first kiss. She's handsy with him. TBTB have left out the full contact kisses on their hot tub date, hmmm. He plays with her hair-of course she loves that since she does the same thing. He's the only one besides Chase in the F4 that hasn't said he's falling in love with her. Both from Texas. Luke is ready for marriage and commitment. He says romantic things-Jojo's look and I agree, says she likes the guy... and when giving him the rose, said she felt their relationship was so much deeper than just the chemistry they have. She trusts him.

Luke and Jordan are hidden from Thailand, why? Because I think it would be obvious which one she chose if we saw either one there.

Agree avi-we haven't seen Luke & Jordan in the same group setting (pool was weirdly edited) to know how she would be, looking to see how she handles that too.

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:18 pm

Lost you answered my question on why neither jordan nor luke have SCs in Thailand. Wow. Great insight. Thanks.
AC as things currently stand imo Jojo would be ok with doing just a hot snd heavy affair with Jordan. Tbth

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:36 pm

Lost17 wrote:^^And on the other hand I think Luke is F1 if he's in Thailand-the only way I don't see it being him, is if she 'loves' Jordan just a bit... 'more'.

Like others have said about Robby, there's no substance, he's been hidden with a few thrown in kisses. Most people watching totally unspoiled wouldn't have Robby on their radar, I haven't and I'm slightly spoiled with the previews and dissecting them over and over, sorry Mia. giggling

Some things Luke has going for him-
He has a great resume. Had an extended intro, rode in on a freaking unicorn, last. Relates instantly to Jojo's entrance last season, so leaves a great impression. He's gorgeous (to some of us) ;) he's built, she loves his hands-she went on about them-in the present tense-on her people blog. He gave her boots. Amazing first kiss. She's handsy with him. TBTB have left out the full contact kisses on their hot tub date, hmmm. He plays with her hair-of course she loves that since she does the same thing. He's the only one besides Chase in the F4 that hasn't said he's falling in love with her. Both from Texas. Luke is ready for marriage and commitment. He says romantic things-Jojo's look and I agree, says she likes the guy... and when giving him the rose, said she felt their relationship was so much deeper than just the chemistry they have. She trusts him.

Luke and Jordan are hidden from Thailand, why? Because I think it would be obvious which one she chose if we saw either one there.

Agree avi-we haven't seen Luke & Jordan in the same group setting (pool was weirdly edited) to know how she  would be, looking to see how she handles that too.
Regarding the bolded; wouldn't it be just as obvious once we see the FSD if either Luke or Jordan is there?  I really don't think it's the reason why there's no SC of both Luke & Jordan in Thailand.  jmo
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3307

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:38 pm

nd4reality wrote:Lost you answered my question on why neither jordan nor luke have SCs in Thailand. Wow. Great insight. Thanks.
AC as things currently stand imo Jojo would be ok with doing just a hot snd heavy affair with Jordan. t
That's interesting. Kind of like, Trista and Charlie? JoJo has a couple last hurrahs with Jordan and Robby, before she rides off with Luke or Chase? Is that what you mean?
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:51 pm

2observe wrote:
Regarding the bolded; wouldn't it be just as obvious once we see the FSD if either Luke or Jordan is there?  I really don't think it's the reason why there's no SC of both Luke & Jordan in Thailand.  jmo
To us it would, but that's later down the road, and only one of Luke or Jordan goes to that FSD. Right now TPTB want us to doubt Jojo gets her happily ever after, will she go for the bad boy "Jordan" (saying that because he's the one she's having some small conflict/doubt with) or good and steady Luke, where there is no conflict. Gotta include Chase & Robby because they make it to the end, and the girl needs some lovin' like RIGHT now. giggling So that's why we have all the Chad 1 & 2 drama...to create more doubt. Who knows, just my odd opinion. Never thought I'd analyze a show like this quite so much. cantstopl It's entertaining for sure and fascinating all the different viewpoints we see! yes

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:08 am

Everyone keeps saying that Robby is getting the physical edit (and that may be true) but...
Isn't Jordan also getting the physical edit? He was first out of the limo and she went gaga over him during CP, they shared a kiss in episode one (which I think was the only kiss for her on night 1), he got the first impression rose (which is typically based on chemistry because let's face it, how deep of a connection could there be after a 10 min conversation?), she is touchy feely with him all the time, she likes he butt, etc, etc. Isn't that all physical attraction? What more substantial connection has she made with him? What do we know that they share in common? What personal story of his has she heard and admired him for? Seriously, I am looking for answers. I see more with Luke and Chase's editing that has a bit more substance. Luke the war hero. Chase the child of divorce. People say We don't know anything about Robby. But, how much more do we know about Jordan at this point other than Jojo has the hots for him and is pushing him to profess some feelings for her (that he may or may not have) and to predict atm if he could see a proposal at the end. They are on 2 completely different levels at this point, and simply don't see them really ever getting to the same place by FRC. If she does give give him the final rose, I could see it going the way of Andi and Josh (just like somebody else said upthread). But seriously, please enlighten me as to how Jojo and Jordan have connected beyond the physical chemistry and also what we have really learned about him as a person (other than he played football and wants to be a broadcaster, aka his job)?
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 53 of 79 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 66 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

THE BACHELORETTE - SEASON 12 - JOJO FLETCHER - **NO SPOILERS** - Episode Discussion - *SLEUTHING* DISCUSSION

+32
Ayana
pavalygurl
rc49ers
2observe
Luvstruck
Mommyof2
Junequilts
stuckinsc
locoforbach
MVMom39forever
aviej