SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #4

Page 37 of 80 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 58 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #4  - Page 37 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #4

Post by KB_Mom Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:26 pm

I personally didn't see any conflict between Jubilee and Lauren as team mates. Maybe he meant Jubilee was po'd that Olivia elbowed her out of the way of being Ben's team mate?

"Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher." Maya Watson
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #4  - Page 37 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #4

Post by Guest Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:28 pm

BlackHalo wrote:
iamreal2u wrote:^^ just posted in another thread.  I wondered at that also.  From the little we saw it seem that she took over the cooking.  We saw LB adding an ingredient and Jube stopped her.  Ummm
I definitely think Ben was annoyed with Jubs during the class portion but maybe seeing the way she was acting towards his fave was the tip of the iceberg. Hmm...

Also, rme at him praising Jojo for stealing him away to comfort his manpain. Jojo is so alpha female. How did she get away with doing that and not one girl said anything?

She tweeted out that there was a pause between his speech and her taking him away. But, yeah, I felt like it was a total game move and she wasn't truly actually concerned about him or anything. The whole thing just felt like stroking his ego, like how she was basically saying "I know you handled it so well!" when she had no idea if he had or hadn't. Sorry, not a Jojo fan. Too alpha and aggressive for me and I get a lot of mean girl vibes from her.  I also feel like she's the "popular girl", so she can pretty much do whatever and she doesn't get criticized from the girls. She doesn't get the same judgement that someone like Olivia does. JMO.

Last edited by nothatgirl on Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by iamreal2u Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:29 pm

I think JoJo was able to steal him away without a problem is because she did not have a 1-on-1 yet for the night.
iamreal2u
iamreal2u

Female Posts : 4107

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:34 pm

JMOAA, sometimes when there is an alpha you will get all the others to support that alpha(get in good with that alpha) to protect themselves and turn on another competing for that alpha position.
In this case. it could be the girls swarmed to buffer JoJo and bring down Olivia because JoJo was the better option and perhaps more likable than Olivia. This would ensure that their bad/mean girl behavior could be justified whereas any other bad/mean behavior Olivia portrayed would be magnified.
We all have good behavior and not so good behavior.
Editing can put a real spin on that depending on where they want the empathy to go.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackHalo Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:35 pm

nothatgirl wrote:
BlackHalo wrote:
iamreal2u wrote:^^ just posted in another thread.  I wondered at that also.  From the little we saw it seem that she took over the cooking.  We saw LB adding an ingredient and Jube stopped her.  Ummm
I definitely think Ben was annoyed with Jubs during the class portion but maybe seeing the way she was acting towards his fave was the tip of the iceberg. Hmm...

Also, rme at him praising Jojo for stealing him away to comfort his manpain. Jojo is so alpha female. How did she get away with doing that and not one girl said anything?

She tweeted out that there was a pause between his speech and her taking him away. But, yeah, I felt like it was a total game move and she wasn't truly actually concerned about him or anything. The whole thing just felt like stroking his ego, like how she was basically saying "I know you handled it so well!" when she had no idea if he had or hadn't. Sorry, not a Jojo fan. Too alpha and aggressive for me and I get a lot of mean girl vibes from her.  I also feel like she's the "popular girl", so she can pretty much do whatever and she doesn't get criticized from the girls. She doesn't get the same judgement that someone like Olivia does. JMO.
Something about JoJo is very "queen bee". She is not overly mean but she's the girl no one is going to go against for whatever reason. I have gotten bad vibes from her ever since she encouraged Jami to interrupt Jubilee's massage.

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

Post by limoncello Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:36 pm

nothatgirl wrote:
BlackHalo wrote:

exactly!!
limoncello
limoncello

Back to top Go down

Post by Carine Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:43 pm

KB_Mom wrote:I personally didn't see any conflict between Jubilee and Lauren as team mates.  Maybe he meant Jubilee was po'd that Olivia elbowed her out of the way of being Ben's team mate?

Right, I actually just rewatched the cooking scene and I actually thought they seemed to work well together, they were just focused on the task and pay attention to the background Jubilee was smiling and laughing, there was also a small cute scene with Lauren B, JoJo and Jubilee with the stove, so I am lost, if anything I felt like she was way more relaxed in that scene then with the Spanish lessons.....?

Carine

Back to top Go down

Post by jcrbil Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:53 pm

I would guess that Lauren, working as a flight attendant, is very good a being a teammate with someone she doesn't know very well and will work toward the task at hand. And Jubilee, as a veteran, would have had similar experiences. You don't have to really like someone or have a relationship of any kind to work cooperatively. You just need to be able to be a team member.

jcrbil

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:56 pm

iamreal2u wrote:This is interesting.  What happen with Jube and her teammate(Lo).  Seems he is very sensitive to Lolo's feelings.

Ben's blog wrote:Then on the first part of this date, she couldn't loosen up and have a good time at the Spanish lesson and then was really the only person that seemed to be having a miserable time and a problem with her teammate when we got to the cooking part.
That's why I don't buy any "Mesnick" MF manufactured nonsense. I think Ben was all about Lauren being his F1 and did and said whatever most of the girls wanted to hear (especially if they got wind that he was more into Lauren - so promising things like no blindside and whatnot so they stayed on)... that is, he was this way until Lauren was hurting or unhappy and then he'd let the girl go who wasn't nice to Lauren (seems from those early promos that Lauren was crying with Amanda and Amanda calling Olivia a 'b'). I even got the sense from his blog and how he was on Bachelor Live that he is just playing into what the edit is of Olivia being the villain. No empathy, no kindness, just more mocking of her. Same with coming down hard on Jubilee and bringing up things we didn't even see (Jubilee "snide" and miserable time, etc). Even if it is part of his scripted role to do this, I will say I am disappointed.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:07 pm

I don't think Ben handled the Jubilee situation as well as he could've however she is also to blame for how things declined between them and I don't think Ben's "ego" had anything to do with why she was sent home - IMO she was pulling back from him since their 1 on 1 (as he said in his blog) and as she was doing that other relationships he was building surpassed the one that they had and he realized it wasn't going to work. Was he a bit quick to send her home with should've been more empathetic? Yes. Was it a dick move? No, not really. What was he meant to do, lie to her about seeing a future with her but then send her home in the rose ceremony? At least he was honest, even if it did come across a little harsh.

It's unrealistic to expect Ben to handle every situation perfectly so I'm not really disappointed in his blog, I was kind of expecting him to do something that caused backlash at some point laugh out loud. I still think he's leaps and bounds ahead of the last 2 Bachelors though, hence why I think he has higher expectations placed on him and then is judged more harshly than say, Chris Soules would've been if he'd had the exact Jubilee situation on his season. Also, I don't think Ben avoiding the Olivia question is anywhere near as bad as CS continually mocking Ashley S for being "crazy" any opportunity he got last season and again when he was on Bachelor Live a few weeks ago. Unless I've missed something, Ben hasn't actually mocked Olivia. Just avoided the topic as much as possible, which includes not defending her (which I kind of side eyed at) however that doesn't mean he's actually mocked her.

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:13 pm

I don't think Jubilee nor Olivia are blameless - far from it. What I do think is that Ben added more info in his blog and also on BL that didn't to anything really that benefited the narrative. All Ben needed to say is that Jubilee wasn't the one for him and he wishes her all the best and all that jazz. Not bring up other stuff and relate it to his F1. That only shows me that he did a lot of things b/c of his F1 (which is great) but since Jubilee is off the shown and Olivia is touted as the devil incarnate the way this show is beating us over the head with her villain-ness, Ben could just take the high road and let these REAL people get on with their lives instead of pandering to the edit/viewers. Sure TPTB won't/can't let him but I don't see that as Ben not being perfect. Being kind and showing empathy is decent human behavior and not perfection, imo, when it comes to kicking people when they are down. Art is still my fave lead ever. Ben has a long way to go to get to his level. But if comparing to most US Bach leads I guess the bar is not set very high at all.

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Carine Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:21 pm

jcrbil wrote:I would guess that Lauren, working as a flight attendant, is very good a being a teammate with someone she doesn't know very well and will work toward the task at hand.  And Jubilee, as a veteran, would have had similar experiences.  You don't have to really like someone or have a relationship of any kind to work cooperatively.  You just need to be able to be a team member.

This is true but doesnt that mean for the task they got along well enough to complete the task and even in the end win it, with no drama loll I don't know from the blog its almost like Jubilee was being so mean or something to Lauren B, its actually quite interesting as I felt there was some small cute interactions unless there was something we missed.

Carine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 80 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 58 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #4

+92
rc49ers
casjacknick
pander3575
agentcurls
Cinn3
richmondrose
Rosepetal
luvstx
Rdjbb
Julie81
mtnlvr55