SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #4

Page 30 of 80 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 55 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #4  - Page 30 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #4

Post by Guest Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:23 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD6Wj-wl-lg

I was looking for something and just noticed .48! He's sooo freaking cute! I wish we would of seen that scene in the show..

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #4  - Page 30 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #4

Post by grace8136 Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:37 pm

nothatgirl wrote:
grace8136 wrote:
rhondam wrote:FWIW, Olivia answered the question in her blog about spending $40,000 for clothes and she said that was not true. 

http://oliviacaridi.com/q-and-a/

I don't believe she spent anywhere near 40K, but I'm not sure I buy her newscaster salary/budget either. Dana Weiss has been posting some of her dresses and they are in the $300-500 range. Even on sale, those dresses are adding up. She's not exactly shopping at Forever 21. I remember that Sarah Heron had some pricey (and beautiful) dresses too. I don't see it as that big of a deal if their parents bought them a few dresses for the show, but if Olivia was bragging it up, saying her clothes cost $40K, that part is more disturbing than how much her clothes actually cost. I wished she would have addressed whether or not she ever said anything remotely like that to Amanda. If she didn't say it, where did Amanda come up with that? Maybe Amanda will give us some more info on her comment at WTA.

I agree. She has a rich plastic surgeon father - the truth is that her parents probably funded her wardrobe and she bragged/exaggerated about it.

Personally, I find it so hard to believe anything that comes out of Olivia's mouth. She wrote about how Ben was smiling like crazy after their cankles conversation, but on "bachelor party", he said he was really confused about why she was talking about her cankles and agreed with the host that it was weird to bring that up on that night. She wrote to Sharleen about being overweight and bullied because of it, but you can see in her HS pictures she's been slim from when most girls start dating; one of her middle school and high school classmates confirmed she's always been skinny and in the popular crowd. JMO.

I don't think Ben can confirm that the cankles convo was due to an intentionally bad edit, so I can give her the benefit of the doubt there more than I can with the comment on how much her clothes cost. IA, she likely bragged and exaggerated. hmmm

Where did you see a classmate's comments? Did she post on here? TIA

grace8136

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:47 pm

Olivia did have a bigger build when she was younger. I remember seeing some photos, but I forgot where.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:15 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqYBTw_bh5U

Believe it or not...this is probably important.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:14 pm

Rich is a very subjective term. Lots of suppositions are being made and that's ok. Let''s just try to make sure they are stated as such vs facts.
Thanks.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke702 Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:30 pm

grace8136 wrote:
rhondam wrote:FWIW, Olivia answered the question in her blog about spending $40,000 for clothes and she said that was not true. 

http://oliviacaridi.com/q-and-a/

I don't believe she spent anywhere near 40K, but I'm not sure I buy her newscaster salary/budget either. Dana Weiss has been posting some of her dresses and they are in the $300-500 range. .....

How in the world do these girls spend so much on clothes. I read that article by Dana/possessionista saying that some girls go into debt and do some borrowing or are gifted. But still, I'm with people like Britt who said she had inexpensive dresses, and others who shopped at forever 21. Jen Saviano said she spend a ridiculous amount on her night one dress and wore another dress week 3 that was around $500....that's crazy, not to mention having to buy makeup, beauty supplies, getting your hair/nails done. I would try to spend maybe $1000-2000 on new stuff max. I just don't get where they get the money eek.

Duke702

Back to top Go down

Post by jcrbil Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:33 pm

Or... they can be like Lauren B and Amanda who have already "shared" dresses. Good for them!

jcrbil

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:38 pm

grace8136 wrote:I don't believe she spent anywhere near 40K, but I'm not sure I buy her newscaster salary/budget either. Dana Weiss has been posting some of her dresses and they are in the $300-500 range. Even on sale, those dresses are adding up. She's not exactly shopping at Forever 21. I remember that Sarah Heron had some pricey (and beautiful) dresses too. I don't see it as that big of a deal if their parents bought them a few dresses for the show, but if Olivia was bragging it up, saying her clothes cost $40K, that part is more disturbing than how much her clothes actually cost. I wished she would have addressed whether or not she ever said anything remotely like that to Amanda. If she didn't say it, where did Amanda come up with that? Maybe Amanda will give us some more info on her comment at WTA.

She stated somewhere or other that she was getting help from a friend who is a stylist. The stylist probably has established business relationships with designers and retailers and may be able to buy or borrow clothes at a substantial discount in exchange for publicity. I worked for a clothing boutique in NYC many years ago. The standing arrangement at that particular store was that stylists would pay 1/4 of the ticket price to borrow whatever clothing they wanted, usually for photo shoots. The clothing would be returned in good condition, the price tags put back on, and no one would be the wiser. I'm not saying this is precisely what is going on in Olivia's case, just that there are likely different ways for stylists to obtain clothing on a budget.

Also, if you watch the credits after newscasts, a designer or retailer is usually given a wardrobe credit. So that tells me that clothing for newscasters may be sold at a discount or rented or loaned out as well.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by jcrbil Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:47 pm

I'm not sure she'd risen to the level of notoriety to get her on air wardrobe comped, but I do think she's probably savvy enough to get her wardrobe through a stylist- and effectively not pay for it. Frankly, I think "Rent the Runway" should take advantage of The Bachelor and supply the wardrobe for every Rose Ceremony (and the meet and greet). I realize tptb don't want wardrobe to be a "perk" of being on the show, but in that case, they wouldn't ever own the dresses, they'd just "borrow" them for those evenings.

jcrbil

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:20 pm

Ben liked this tweet.
Even for a PC guy like him and with how much mocking there has been made about Olivia, safe to say I don't think he cares for Olivia.

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #4  - Page 30 AUyISG7R
https://twitter.com/benhiggi/likes
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:03 pm

Apologies if this sneak peek has been posted already.
http://www.eonline.com/news/734760/the-bachelor-sneak-peek-the-girls-rally-to-get-rid-of-olivia-does-ben-send-her-home-early

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #4  - Page 30 87b72b10 The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #4  - Page 30 86669110 The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #4  - Page 30 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:41 am

Jillian said she re-mortgaged her house and spent $8,000. She said of course everyone wants to look their best.  

http://www.jillianharris.com/everyone-wants-know-bachelor-much-clothing-girls-given/
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 80 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 55 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #4

+92
rc49ers
casjacknick
pander3575
agentcurls
Cinn3
richmondrose
Rosepetal
luvstx
Rdjbb
Julie81
mtnlvr55