SELECT CONTENT

Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

Page 66 of 79 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 72 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 66 Empty Re: Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

Post by Guest Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:17 am

Plus, he would've known beforehand that he was going to have to assign a description to each girl so TPTB would've told him what to say to further perpetrate the narrative they're selling (eg, Lauren as the sweet, kind F1, Caila as 'sexy' because as F3 she's likely the next lead and there have been comments that she's too innocent/young looking so they want her to come across as more sexually appealing, JoJo as 'passionate' to foreshadow her physical F2 edit, Becca as 'sincere' because people have been questioning her intentions coming back a second time)... I really wouldn't put much stock into the stuff he says in the media while he's still trying to keep the F1 a secret laugh out loud.

Back to top Go down

Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 66 Empty Re: Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

Post by KB_Mom Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:23 am

AmyB wrote:Plus, he would've known beforehand that he was going to have to assign a description to each girl. TPTB would've told him what to say to further perpetrate the narrative they're selling (eg, Lauren as the sweet, kind F1, Caila as 'sexy' because as F3 she's likely the next lead and there have been comments that she's too innocent/young looking, Becca as 'sincere' because people have been questioning her intentions coming back a second time)... I really wouldn't put much stock into the stuff he says in the media while he's still trying to keep the F1 a secret laugh out loud.

:yes: Totally agree. Ellen has done the "one word" game before with Bach guests, it's predictable to prepare for just like Kimmel's "guess" at Top 4. And his answers to me have "follow the storyline" written all over them.

And I agree that while he doesn't have a career as an actor in his future, he has become more comfortable with doing media as the season has progressed. He knows what is expected of him and he is delivering.
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by limoncello Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:53 am

AmyB wrote:I'm confused. Lauren is generally a confident person, yes, but that doesn't mean that she has confidence in absolutely everything she does 100% of the time. Before, she was criticized for acting like she doesn't care enough, but now that she is showing him she cares it must be her being manipulative and passive aggressive because, as a confident person, she's not allowed to feel uncertainty and seek out validation to make sure that Ben still feels the same thing she does?  scratch She can't win!

preach
limoncello
limoncello

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:59 am

Lauren just hit 100k followers on Instagram and she barely posts laugh out loud
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:04 pm

CS did the word association and he said what he really felt. I think Ben said the same about each girl and definitely something foremost he sees with Lauren B is she is sweet. I take the word sweet to mean compassionate, caring, and kind. I recall Ben saying the characteristic he wants most in a wife is someone who is compassionate. Ben himself was stated by many as being sweet and a sweetheart so I think Lauren is perfect for him. I find those who do well on this show are those who are on the same wavelength.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:07 pm

They do the word association thing almost every season. Nothing new. TPTB prompts the lead on this ahead of time. It is very seldom spontaneous.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:10 pm

eversotrue wrote:This probably still has to do with Peggy's theory about Lauren's cheekbones laugh out loud (jk)

LOL
But it did bother me so much, seriously. Girls with such strong cheekbones look so strong already, that's why I can never see sweetness in her, none.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke702 Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:19 pm

Yea she is sweet but definitely has a bit of an edge or coolness to her so she isn't just a "sweet" girl.

Duke702

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:25 pm

AmyB wrote:I'm confused. Lauren is generally a confident person, yes, but that doesn't mean that she has confidence in absolutely everything she does 100% of the time. Before, she was criticized for acting like she doesn't care enough, but now that she is showing him she cares it must be her being manipulative and passive aggressive because, as a confident person, she's not allowed to feel uncertainty and seek out validation to make sure that Ben still feels the same thing she does?  scratch She can't win!

In fact, standing on the complete opposite spectrum, I see what you see too. Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 66 3806527698
Fans of hers said everything in her favour to cover all bases, when she was indifferent with Ben, people said she was being real and know her value. When she fished for compliment, people said she has a fragile heart that it was only a guard. She wins no matter what.

I get why people like her, she always says the right things and smiles perfectly.
But confidence/cockiness can also be manipulative and calculated sometimes. We may just see it from a different angle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:32 pm

I see very natural progress from her. Confident people can feel vulnerable and need reassuring too. I think all 3 ladies, Lauren, JoJo and Caila said pretty much the same thing, the fact that so many of Ben's relationships are moving forward, and the ladies see it happening makes them question their own stand. Lauren was just most vocal about it with Ben, and I don't see that as a bad thing.

Sweet is a very positive wuslity to be what people get from you foremost. It's not the only thing she is, though. Thank goodness she and the other ladies are multilayered with tens of positive qualities.

Last edited by Fingersandtoes on Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:33 pm

You guys all say she is very sweet, I'm curious to know what made you all think that? I'm trying to like her (although I can never like her cheekbones Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 66 3806527698 ), so am trying to see if I missed anything.

The conversations with her and Ben were all about herself so far, her dad, her being picky, her being uncertain, etc. Still haven't seen her caring side at all, not even seen her comforting Ben, etc. Those moments may have left in the editing floor, but I don't know what I missed as an audience, instead of seeing her through the spoiled F1 glasses or through Ben's glasses.

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:35 pm

I totally agree with your last two posts Peggy!! And you are right Amy, I stand corrected that a confident person doesn't feel confident 100% of the time. I understand wanting validation but the way she went about it to me seemed calculated. Ben obviously seems to like her more than he logically probably should at this point and the fear and panic he appears to have over her leaving early is what is bothering me and she is what is causing that. He is to share blame for not having more confidence himself or any chill.

Last edited by rhondam on Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 66 of 79 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 72 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

+74
Norcalgal
sosleepy
bachfan466
kikora
Buckeye_Fan