SELECT CONTENT

Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

Page 65 of 79 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 72 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 65 Empty Re: Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

Post by Guest Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:02 am

rhondam wrote:
Idlemess wrote:
rhondam wrote:
Yes, she is. I also see manipulative use of her words and actions to generate the response that will prompt Ben to think or act a certain way that is beneficial to her.

At this point, I see it as a rarity that Lauren is still very focused and realistic. It is her confidence and assurance that allows her to stay true to herself. Lauren's uncertainty is with Ben because she is getting to know him but she also obviously know that the others are as well but does not know of his feelings for them.

She said that she is concern about being hurt and could be looking for him to validate the reason she should stay. I can't blame her for her methods because I would do the same.
On Ep 4 I didn't see her as focused and realistic. What I saw is she is quiet and tries to lay as low as possible (except around Ben) and doing her best to come across realistic. 

I also either don't believe she is as confident as she claims/tries to portray herself to be OR she is playing on his sense of concern for her feelings. If she was confident, she wouldn't need to bring up the other women to him but she did. So if she is confident like she says, bringing them up is a form of manipulating him to feel concern for her feelings that she isn't in fact really having. As well, the tone she used was a little whiny, and yes Peggy, passive-aggressive to get him to assure her that they are good, more than good he tells her. She knows what week it is, what the process is and how much longer there is to go, indirectly asking him to tell her where she stands with him is taking advantage of him to suit her own purposes imo.

Umm, pretty sure HE was the one that brought up the "where do you stand convo like" talk.

Back to top Go down

Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 65 Empty Re: Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

Post by Guest Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:00 am

rhondam wrote:

snipped

I also either don't believe she is as confident as she claims/tries to portray herself to be OR she is playing on his sense of concern for her feelings. If she was confident, she wouldn't need to bring up the other women to him but she did. So if she is confident like she says, bringing them up is a form of manipulating him to feel concern for her feelings that she isn't in fact really having. As well, the tone she used was a little whiny, and yes Peggy, passive-aggressive to get him to assure her that they are good, more than good he tells her. She knows what week it is, what the process is and how much longer there is to go, indirectly asking him to tell her where she stands with him is taking advantage of him to suit her own purposes imo.

This is exactly what I see too!! I see a calculated girl playing mind games with Ben, and I really dislike the way she raised her voice sometimes to emphasis how terrifying she is. Talk about being real and confident? Suspect Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post by limoncello Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:12 am

Fingersandtoes wrote:As I see it, relationships are give and take. Especially when Ben is dating multiple other women, and has the power to send you home at any given moment. Lauren is telling him how she feels, unsure of her stand with him while her own feelings keep growing. She sees him growing similar relationships with the other wonderful ladies, so where does she stand? I see absolutely nothing wrong sort of wanting to hear from Ben if they're on the same page. I don't see that passive aggressive or manipulative, but her knowing her value and wanting validation for her insecurities and feelings.

People have all kinds of opinion. I agree with you, I don't see that as manipulative either. If anything, questioning and having doubts usually make the lead step back - they don't want to fall for somebody who they feel like is not there 100%.
limoncello
limoncello

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:34 am

I'm confused. Lauren is generally a confident person, yes, but that doesn't mean that she has confidence in absolutely everything she does 100% of the time. Before, she was criticized for acting like she doesn't care enough, but now that she is showing him she cares it must be her being manipulative and passive aggressive because, as a confident person, she's not allowed to feel uncertainty and seek out validation to make sure that Ben still feels the same thing she does?  scratch She can't win!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:43 am

Agreed! And we know more about her already than most so I'm not getting that. She's a flight attendant, comes from a close knit family, has a great dad who is sweet and sensitive which she wants in her future husband, wants to have kids and give them the life she had, she believes in working for what you have, she's been in love but never this scared before... We see what tptb want us to see but I think she's given more than we're giving her credit for. And Ben makes it seem that they had meaningful conversations that first date and even says the same in the blog about the group date.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:56 am

This probably still has to do with Peggy's theory about Lauren's cheekbones laugh out loud (jk)

Back to top Go down

Post by jcrbil Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:36 am

So difficult to make a psychological diagnosis on the basis of 1.5 minutes of what was at least a 15 minute long encounter. IMO it has to be awfully difficult to know that he's kissing other women who you know are pretty terrific, too. That is the reality of this show. And she's fully aware that he's kissing them because they all saw him kiss JoJo. It's also the job of tptb to make us doubt that which is pretty apparent- these two are really into each other- but they have 10 weeks of programming to fill, and those who watch the Bachelor don't expect that he will be dating only one, or that each of the girls will excuse herself when she realizes that he's already made his choice (which, by the way, I don't think he had at this point, because he's off -balance, too, about what the girls are thinking and he's aware that anything can happen).

jcrbil

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:55 am

They look the same to me? no idea

from the preview
Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 65 J07e4yD

then talking to Lauren in the group date after party
Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 65 BmN4MNx
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:04 am

AmyB wrote:I'm confused. Lauren is generally a confident person, yes, but that doesn't mean that she has confidence in absolutely everything she does 100% of the time. Before, she was criticized for acting like she doesn't care enough, but now that she is showing him she cares it must be her being manipulative and passive aggressive because, as a confident person, she's not allowed to feel uncertainty and seek out validation to make sure that Ben still feels the same thing she does?  scratch She can't win!

Hmmm, where have I heard this before? Oh yeah, on Becca's thread. Hugesmile
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:10 am

Seabear wrote:I like Ben and Lauren together they have a wonderful connection.
BUT... I would much rather my Man call me Sexy or Passionate than Sweet.  I'll bet Lauren does too. :gotcha:

JMO

I remember Chris described Whitney as "She looks like a mother." Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 65 3806527698 I can't remember how he described Becca, genuine, perhaps? And Kaitlyn, ""She's a firecracker."
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:14 am

Seabear wrote:I like Ben and Lauren together they have a wonderful connection.
BUT... I would much rather my Man call me Sexy or Passionate than Sweet.  I'll bet Lauren does too. :gotcha:

JMO

At least sweet is better than "organized" which is what AshLee got. Talk about a complete buzzkill. But it was funny.

Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 65 87b72b10 Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 65 86669110 Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 65 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by KB_Mom Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:14 am

I suspect Lauren knows Ben can't give it away in the media rounds and has to be careful what he says, so I doubt she's judging their relationship and how he really feels about her based on what he says in the media rounds. If it were me, I'd put far more weight on what my man says to me in private, and how he treats me in private. JMO

"Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher." Maya Watson
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 65 of 79 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 72 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

+74
Norcalgal
sosleepy
bachfan466
kikora
Buckeye_Fan