SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 11 of 79 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 45 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 11 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by bleuberry Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:37 am

Ben can do no wrong? He was just getting criticized for faving the JJ tweet a few days ago. There will be more to come I'm sure, this is just the beginning. 

I feel like repeatedly calling out double standards is kind of a slap in the face to people who are able to look at things objectively and not paint Ben (or anyone) with one solid brush. 

There will be things about him people don't like, and other stuff he will get praised for. We can do both.

Last edited by bleuberry on Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 11 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 11 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:38 am

IA Nibbles. IMO it's because of what we know of their character. Ben has proven to be an all around nice guy with a good heart. He walks the talk. Therefore we expect him to make the right decisions according to what he's looking for.

There are plenty of former leads we just knew what was going to happen based on their character.

Looking forward to seeing the pre-filming. Maybe we'll get some fan pics so we don't have to wait till Jan!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:44 am

Also another reason is probably the source, that was such a soft attempt to create gossip from RS, it fell kind of flat. laugh out loud I was expecting some mini scandal.

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 11 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:50 am

A lot of leads had a flirtation prior to starting filming and I don't recall anyone getting all worked up over it. Ben will take his lumps in the season just like everyone else. Nobody is perfect.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15498

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackHalo Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:58 am

I don't know that any of us actually believe Ben can do no wrong. Maybe if you've put him on some sort of "golden boy" pedestal (which I've seen). IMO, he hasn't done anything to warrant much criticism. I will gladly defend him but I will also call him out if he does something I don't like.

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:14 am

Nibbles22 wrote:
FLChica wrote:Ben H. confirmed to Kaitlyn that he isn't a virgin or even a born-again virgin. Doesn't seem to be a Stormhorse either. Maybe he is a hot, mature, employed, Christian homeowner looking for love on The Bach.   no idea

This topic reminds me, that Ben can do no wrong.  If anyone else, they would have been raked over the coals for days if not weeks.  I personally don't have a problem with it.  Just pointing out that higher standards seem to be held for other individuals. :yes:   jmo
Why would ANYONE be raked over the coals for not being a virgin/born again virgin..? That's seems silly. Most of these people are farrrr from being a virgin. Lol

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:19 am

BlackHalo wrote:I don't know that any of us actually believe Ben can do no wrong. Maybe if you've put him on some sort of "golden boy" pedestal (which I've seen). IMO, he hasn't done anything to warrant much criticism. I will gladly defend him but I will also call him out if he does something I don't like.

IA - and even if he is the perfect Bachelor, the edit will make viewers believe otherwise if they feel like it.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Nibbles22 Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:35 am

bleuberry wrote:Ben can do no wrong? He was just getting criticized for faving the JJ tweet a few days ago. There will be more to come I'm sure, this is just the beginning. 

I feel like repeatedly calling out double standards is kind of a slap in the face to people who are able to look at things objectively and not paint Ben (or anyone) with one solid brush. 

There will be things about him people don't like, and other stuff he will get praised for. We can do both.

That was hardly criticism, and definitely didn't generate much discussion, or a raking over the coals. It was harmless, and quickly dismissed. It really does depend who your favorites are, and how differently they are treated, with basically same topics of conversation. That was my point.
Nibbles22
Nibbles22

Female Posts : 1359

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:09 pm

I just don't think we've gotten much dirt on him yet. I mean, he was just holding babies in Honduras laugh out loud. If this is all they've got, then I think Ben will do just fine. If anything many people have drawn comparisons to Sean Lowe, and IIRC he was the least bashed lead in a while. I think (hope!) Ben will have a similar path as Bachelor.

bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by stillhoping Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:11 pm

To a degree they are all there for some sort of fame, perk, etc....and we all know it...it is just that some handle it well, some don't, some totally let it go to their head and the "fans" turn on them

I don't expect Ben to do a Juan Pablo JMO but of course we never know

I personally would like to see less sob stories and if they must put on single moms then people should accept the fact they will get cut if he is not "feeling it".
Seen too much of Juella's whining

I have nothing against "older" women (have been with a guy younger myself LOL)...but somehow for Ben I think younger or same age would be better..mostly cause more "baggage free". Tenley is a good example of "baggage" with her past heartbreaks.

"Baggage free" for me also means no gals like Ashley I with so much drama and tears.
stillhoping
stillhoping

Female Posts : 128

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:14 pm

Late to the party. I am looking forward to Ben. Sean seemed boring on Emily's season and was a great bachelor with a great season.

Ben is handsome, has values and will probably be good. Don't care if he flirts before filming. He is single, so why not?

If Tenley comes on his season, I will personally puke, but I am over Disney Princess Tenley, so that is just me.

I think in values of relationships he and Becca could hit it off, but she didn't impress me during Kaitlyn's season and since I despise Kaitlyn now that friendship isn't a ringing endorsement either.

Honestly, Chris's season and Kaitlyn's seasons were such messes that I am looking forward to some bachelor fun for a change.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackHalo Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:28 pm

Ugh, no single moms looking for Ben to be a "daddy". Juelia has soured me on that as well. Can't stand the notion that they deserve better treatment because they are moms, widows, divorced, whatever. I wouldn't be mad if he got rid of all the single moms first.

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 79 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 45 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+82
Mirzam
Maddy
mysthelma
Dog&pheonix
Amethyst