SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

Page 29 of 78 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 53 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

arrowhead -  The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 29 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

Post by nd4reality Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:47 am

Nick is a much beloved character on these board. Very similar to the avalanch of love that was shown to contestants like Jef Brooks and the Sean/Cat combo. There are others as well.

I myself just don't get the appeal at all but it exists. And all these people at one time or the other have threads that are/were hopping and active.

The board is not a barometer to what is liked by Bachelor nation not an indication of who tptb think is a good lead (Soules comes to mind).

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

arrowhead -  The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 29 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

Post by bleuberry Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:55 am

I wasn't surprised at Nick's followers as much as I was the rest of the guys. Here I was thinking Ben Z would have the smallest following and he's up there with Ben H!

If IG following looked a little like our forum, we'd probably have the order a little something like this:

Nick
Jared
Ben H
Ben Z.

arrowhead -  The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 29 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaystulips Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:05 pm

Alanna wrote:IA they're missing the hilarity boat by not having a Josh Murray season. They could have a gold mine of entertainment here, including a little reaction cam of Andi in her apt watching and visibly seething/melting down each week. Just think of all the tweets and sm shaaaaaading that would be happening.

And then we have the overly involved/attached mommy contingent weekly too, not to mention all the tweenagers that are obsessed with each move this family makes.

And did I mention the barking yet? Instead of asking the girls if they accept this rose, he could bark at them at each rc, number of barks would indicate rank and if they meet the threshold of being as pretty as his dog. I know he probably can't count to 25 but Harrison will be there with an abacus to help out.

laugh out loud Alanna, we call it woofing down here!  Bring on the girls.

arrowhead -  The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 29 Uga-e1346943892815
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:19 pm

People in my age range (30+) don't really have SM accounts besides Facebook and maybe Twitter. None of my friends have Instagram, Snapchat or Periscope and I don't think they even know what those are. So even though most of my friends like Nick, none of them are following him on SM. Same with the other contestants they like. I have a Facebook and Twitter account but I don't follow any of TB contestants. I use those accounts to follow and keep in contact with family and friends, not reality TV stars. I would assume most Ben H fans are probably younger and more likely to follow him on SM. Also, they can (and some do) buy followers which can inflate the numbers. For these reasons, I don't think SM numbers are a very accurate measure of popularity. JMO

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertiz Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:38 pm

mprssdbyu wrote:
umngirl wrote:^While that is true, I simply posted these numbers to show the popularity of each guy in terms of social media numbers which I feel is a pretty accurate measure of their individual popularites.
And yet whose name is found the most on these threads...over and over... I would love to have a count of threads who actually discuss anything including Nick compared to those he is not included in. ...laugh out loud.....How does one decide the level of interest truly?
It really doesnt matter to Fleiss, or the network.  They cast JuanPa after all, because he suited their perceived needs. They will cast whomever the wish, and then build up whatever storyline they think will work for them.  I'm sure they've known for many weeks who they are going to cast and tweets, polls, Q ratings, mentions, and posts here or elsewhere are pretty much irrelevant.   (Though for sure it can be fun to express your preference!)
tigertiz
tigertiz

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:40 pm

Luckybutterfly47 wrote:People in my age range (30+) don't really have SM accounts besides Facebook and maybe Twitter. None of my friends have Instagram, Snapchat or Periscope and I don't think they even know what those are. So even though most of my friends like Nick, none of them are following him on SM. Same with the other contestants they like. I have a Facebook and Twitter account but I don't follow any of TB contestants. I use those accounts to follow and keep in contact with family and friends, not reality TV stars. I would assume most Ben H fans are probably younger and more likely to follow him on SM. Also, they can (and some do) buy followers which can inflate the numbers. For these reasons, I don't think SM numbers are a very accurate measure of popularity. JMO

ITA. The older you are the less likely you are to have the many types of SM.

Also, there are some people that get "follows" not because they are liked but people want to keep up with what they are doing.
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:49 pm

Luckybutterfly47 wrote:People in my age range (30+) don't really have SM accounts besides Facebook and maybe Twitter. None of my friends have Instagram, Snapchat or Periscope and I don't think they even know what those are. So even though most of my friends like Nick, none of them are following him on SM. Same with the other contestants they like. I have a Facebook and Twitter account but I don't follow any of TB contestants. I use those accounts to follow and keep in contact with family and friends, not reality TV stars. I would assume most Ben H fans are probably younger and more likely to follow him on SM. Also, they can (and some do) buy followers which can inflate the numbers. For these reasons, I don't think SM numbers are a very accurate measure of popularity. JMO

That has NOT been my experience. Everyone I know (30s and 40s) has IG. Nickie is not as popular as some are trying to make excuses for. Is it time for the Special Snowflake song yet AGAIN? JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:52 pm

Just as SM is not always an accurate reflection of who is the most popular, message boards like this, and others, are also not an accurate reflection. Some boards develop strong preferences(or strong disdain) for one contestant, and then it can become somewhat of an echo chamber, where members with dissenting opinions become less inclined to go against the current and so don't post.  

One point that I don't think many would argue with is that Nick is the most polarizing of the possible Bachelor candidates at present.  TPTB obviously have/had to decide whether that would work in their favor or not as far as producing a show.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:14 pm

nd4reality wrote:
remockered wrote:
nd4reality wrote:They should really do a season with 2 leads throughout. Double the storylines.

I have thought that for years.  Get out of my head!

No one ever listens to me arrowhead -  The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 29 1710264613 .

A season with the two bens would be anazing. Ch will get to work for his pay check for a change, trying to keep it all straight.
LOL cantstopl
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye_Fan Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:22 pm

Not trying to be argumentative, but I'm also in the 30+ (actually, much more than that!) age range, and I don't follow any of these guys. If I did follow anyone, I'd follow Cupcake, then Ben H. Not a fan of Nick's at all. Mostly just want to point out that all the older folks who don't use SM are not necessarily fans of Nick's, and it could possibly be that the same ratios exist for the people who don't use SM. There just isn't a way to tell. IMO, the reason for the numerous postings for Nick is that his fans love him A LOT.

Buckeye_Fan

Female Posts : 665

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:26 pm

Buckeye_Fan wrote:

Not trying to be argumentative, but I'm also in the 30+ (actually, much more than that!) age range, and I don't follow any of these guys.  If I did follow anyone, I'd follow Cupcake, then Ben H.  Not a fan of Nick's at all.  Mostly just want to point out that all the older folks who don't use SM are not necessarily fans of Nick's, and it could possibly be that the same ratios exist for the people who don't use SM.  There just isn't a way to tell.  IMO, the reason for the numerous postings for Nick is that his fans love him A LOT.  

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:35 pm

I think Nicks supporters do just that.....support him.  The Nick ire elicits a response.  The pages and pages of Nick comments are because pro or con everyone has lots of opinions about Nick Nick Nick.  JMO Hugesmile
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 78 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 53 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

+85
Aunties_Love
Bachinfo
leselihau
crazyjaney78
lovebites8727
MiaHawk
quietpal
Kels0012
luvlady345
metalgirl
luvstx