SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7

Page 74 of 80 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 74 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:18 pm

alwaystulips wrote:My biggest take aways from the Stassi podcast were:

1.  He might move to L.A.
2.  He's going to Vegas this month
3.  He stands by outing Andi but thinks it might have been the wrong venue to do it.
4.  No real mention of his modeling.  Just jokes about stripping.  laugh out loud
5.  He still has a job - no mention of SalesForce by name though.
6.  Has a group of really tight friends he knew before Bachelor.
7.  Dated someone several times before going on Kait's season, but she couldn't get over him being on reality TV.
8.  Hedged on the DWTS questions but, at the time of the interview (Sunday), IMO he sounded like he thought he had it in the bag.  

And, it sounds like he might have a small speech impediment, IMO.  I'd never noticed that before.
Thanks for the recap! Interesting about the speech impediment; I've never noticed it but a speech therapist wrote to RS and explained it in very technical detail. 

And, I suppose #7 refers to Julie berry? I think a lot of quality women are going to have that issue which is why I don't get why anyone who really wants marriage and babies would do this show multiple times. 

#1 - ugh, why am I not surprised?
#3 - I actually supported his right to do that, since at the time it seemed like a slip and not a pre-planned way to get revenge, but I don't know now. 

IMO.

Back to top Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 74 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7

Post by alwaystulips Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:22 pm

I don't think he was referring to Julie.  I can't imagine her having a problem with it.  Wasn't she on Survivor and worked on The Bachelor?   My impression was that maybe it was someone from Chicago but I could be wrong on that.
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:24 pm

I can't imagine Julie having a problem with anyone being on reality TV, since she was on Survivor herself, dated Jeff Probst and is producing DWTS. I would think she'd be the last person to have issues with that.

And I think his non-answer to the question about moving to LA was because of DWTS still being on the table. And he's a never say never kind of guy. He didn't say he might move, just didn't refute the possibility.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaystulips Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:54 pm

Yes, I think it was related to DWTS, too.  Without that possibility (unless he comes in at week 4! laugh out loud ), it'll be interesting to see if he moves.  
Stassi:  Are you thinking about moving to L.A.?

Nick:  Hmm, you know.  I umm, I don't know.  We'll see.
At the time, Stassi was telling him about her experiences getting spray tans.  laugh out loud
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:59 pm

#3 oh don't even get me started laugh out loud  Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 74 2498057887

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART
No, I never knew a love like this, Now we're picking purple irises   Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 74 1f49c

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 74 8367-910  Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 74 I_got_13  Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 74 E5kqdm15  Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 74 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 12047

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePromise Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:20 pm

Regarding the infamous #3, he actually said that he regrets saying it at the ATFR because of the negative and undeserved flack Andi got because he talked about it. He stands by the fact that men and women should have equal right to have and discuss sex.

IMO, if tables were turned and Nick was the Bachelor and Andi spoke up, everyone would have been praising her courage as a strong woman to take a stand against men just taking advantage of women with sex. But somehow when it's a guy that brings it up, he is "outing her".

Currently, Nick still stands by his original statements last year: that it was not his intention to "call" her out on anything and he doesn't agree with the response that some people gave her. He thinks that all people should be more open about sex and there should be an overall improved willingness to talk about the subject in an openly safe manner.

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:40 pm

Yeah, I liked how he questioned Stassi's claim that it's the woman's right only to bring up sexcapades. That's what's bothered me about the whole thing since it happened. You can't act like you're some strong empowered woman who can have sex with whoever she wants whenever she wants, and then get upset when someone makes a dent in your virginal image. If you want to come off as some virgin, then act like it! Simple as. No need to worry about people finding out about stuff, if you don't do it. If you do, then own it! I agree with Nick, feminism should be about treating men and women as equals. That entails owning your actions.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:48 pm

chasingpavements wrote:
alwaystulips wrote:My biggest take aways from the Stassi podcast were:

1.  He might move to L.A.
2.  He's going to Vegas this month
3.  He stands by outing Andi but thinks it might have been the wrong venue to do it.
4.  No real mention of his modeling.  Just jokes about stripping.  laugh out loud
5.  He still has a job - no mention of SalesForce by name though.
6.  Has a group of really tight friends he knew before Bachelor.
7.  Dated someone several times before going on Kait's season, but she couldn't get over him being on reality TV.
8.  Hedged on the DWTS questions but, at the time of the interview (Sunday), IMO he sounded like he thought he had it in the bag.  

And, it sounds like he might have a small speech impediment, IMO.  I'd never noticed that before.
Thanks for the recap! Interesting about the speech impediment; I've never noticed it but a speech therapist wrote to RS and explained it in very technical detail. 

And, I suppose #7 refers to Julie berry? I think a lot of quality women are going to have that issue which is why I don't get why anyone who really wants marriage and babies would do this show multiple times. 

#1 - ugh, why am I not surprised?
#3 - I actually supported his right to do that, since at the time it seemed like a slip and not a pre-planned way to get revenge, but I don't know now. 

IMO.

This is my issue with him. I was a huge fan of his up until January 2015 when I started to smell something funny. Now I think he's just another guy with an agenda to get famous. And, heck, that's totally fine.

But, IMO he's climbing on others to make that happen while pretending to be just a 35 year old software sales guy looking to get married and raise a big family like mom and dad did. Aw shucks! Gimme a break.

Heck, I am no fan of Andi but if I was her, I'd despise Nick. The guy ruins her season by spoiling it before it even airs and then ruins her ATFR special by telling the world they had sex so that she starts her public life with Josh having to defend her fantasy suite decisions.

And, in hindsight,  I always had a very hard time swallowing that anyone as smart as I think Nick is could have been so STUPID to get videotaped talking loudly on an airplane spoiling the Bachelorette season before it even aired. I just can't see a guy who deals with contracts all the time as a high tech sales person to jeopardize his ABC contract. Now I think he staged the whole thing (probably with full support from TPTB) and wrapped in a bow for RS the very next day. How totally convenient!

Then the whole coming onto Kaitlyn's season. Hmmm ... there's a reason why Kaitlyn started to clam up about Nick and not say kind things about him in her People blogs. IMO ... makes me wonder if she figured out that he was just using her to grab another 15 minutes and all those tears and proclamations of love were just big old lies to grab public sympathy.

Now it's Nick on the red carpet. Nick at the VMA's. Nick in talks with Bachelor. Nick in talks with DWTS. Nick is a Wilhemenia model. Whatever. It's his right, for sure. But nobody is going to convince me that this was not his plan all along.
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:05 pm

IIRC RS received the tape of Nick on a plane from a former acquaintance/date. How would Nick know that person, let alone well enough to be in cahoots with them? How would a guy who's never been on TV before and who just got out of the Bachelor bubble know that there are people out there who already recognize him before a single episode has aired? He didn't mention any names during his phone rant, so it's not like he was making it obvious what he was talking about. It was just a freak coincidence that's all.

Oh and I still don't see why Nick has to be blamed for Kaitlyn's behaviour. She said it herself that she just doesn't like talking about exes. I'm sure it was made even more awkward by being engaged to a guy who hates said ex and the fact she'd lied to the world about the extent of their pre-show relationship. I really don't think it has anything to do with what Nick may or may not have done. Even Andi said Nick is genuine about wanting to find love. Andi of all people!
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackHalo Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:11 pm

While I do think Nick's action at Andi's ATFR was calculated, I don't think he set this whole thing up with the intent of all of this exposure and a modeling contract. He didn't know that Kaitlyn was going to dump him at F2. His feelings in those moments were genuine. JMO.

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:12 pm

MVMom, good points. I too wondered if maybe he regretted not 'seizing' the opportunities after Andi's season and came back to soften his image and do just that.

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 74 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePromise Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:41 pm

I am not Nick, but I can not imagine that someone of his cautious optimism would even think that "softening his image" is worth the risk of all that could have happened going back on the show.  It is a big risk.  He did not know what would happen with Kaitlyn's season.  He could have left in much worse shape than last season... Even more h*ted.  Even as smart or calculating as some would like to make Nick, he really had no way of knowing what would happen and no way of guaranteeing how he would be perceived at the end of it all.  

I think that there are few things that would drive Nick to even consider going back on that show.  IMO, finding love with Kaitlyn was his only serious consideration.  Fame was not assured to him by coming back a second time.  And he really doesn't seem to be wanting of money.  You might be able to say that the adventure of it all was enticing, but IMO even that thrill for Nick was because of the possibilities with Kaitlyn.

At this point, I still see him looking at the possibilities in front of him with a desire for adventure and challenge... Not fame or money.  IMO, he is an iron sharpens iron type of person.  His strength is best revealed when he is challenged and required to rise above and become a better version of himself.  Which is why he can come out of two seasons without the girl and still consider it a success.   He has overcome personal battles, stood his ground and become a better version of himself... All with a positive attitude and smirk on his face.  giggling

I really don't think he cares that much what Bachelor Nation thinks of him.  If he did, he would have played the game differently.  He would have submitted to the rules of the game.  Instead, I saw him stay true to himself, make no excuses and stand up for what he believes.  And for many fans of Nick, these traits are exactly what make him so endearing.

Last edited by OnePromise on Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 74 of 80 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7

+59
GuardianAngel
jen689
Bet2Win
FLChica
Mustang19