SELECT CONTENT

Books - Discussion

Page 7 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Books - Discussion  - Page 7 Empty Re: Books - Discussion

Post by veg_out Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:12 am

Cher, I absolutely love the library and your booklist. Have you checked out GoodReads?
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:18 am

sweptaway wrote:Two new authors in the western historical I like are Kaki Warner and Ellen O'Connell. You want to read a great book Start with Eyes of Silver, Eyes of Gold, Sing my name and Dancing on Coals.

O'Connell is not a good enuff writer for me to overlook her spamming the amazon forums promoting her bks. She did it to an obnoxious, notorious level that her name is mud there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:26 am

seton wrote:
sweptaway wrote:Two new authors in the western historical I like are Kaki Warner and Ellen O'Connell. You want to read a great book Start with Eyes of Silver, Eyes of Gold, Sing my name and Dancing on Coals.

O'Connell is not a good enuff writer for me to overlook her spamming the amazon forums promoting her bks. She did it to an obnoxious, notorious level that her name is mud there.
Really, I thought her books were great. I don't read a lot of the forums so didn't realize there was spamming going on. And no I am not Ellen O'Connell but still loved her books. giggling

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:10 am

San wrote:Does anyone know the name of the book written by a woman whose daughter was hit and killed by her brother's vehicle? I can't remember the name of it. Thanks!

The book is Choosing To See by Mary Beth Chapman. You've probably found the info already, but maybe someone else might be interested in reading it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:03 pm

JamieZ47 wrote:
San wrote:Does anyone know the name of the book written by a woman whose daughter was hit and killed by her brother's vehicle? I can't remember the name of it. Thanks!

The book is Choosing To See by Mary Beth Chapman. You've probably found the info already, but maybe someone else might be interested in reading it.

Thanks Jamie! Have you read it? :Smiley:
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 18480

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:14 pm

sweptaway wrote:
Cher1948 wrote:I love this site & prefer reading over watching TV!! I have renewed my love for reading & re-discovered the library - I would have gone broke if I tried to buy all the books I have read in the last 2 years. In fact I read so much, I made a spreadsheet listing all authors I have read alphabetically & each of their books I have read including date published, list of main characters, date read & rate the book either as "okay", "good" or "very good". I read all pages of this thread & have tried and enjoyed many of the suggested authors.

One of my all time favorites is Judith McNaught!!

I enjoy historical fiction with a love story & funny love stories (love Rachel Gibson). Currently hooked on the Regency period in England & medieval times. Read a lot of Seal/special forces (liked Suzanne Brockman's books). Like to mix it up with a western romance book, a thriller as long as not gory etc. Would appreciate hearing about everyone's favorites.

I love talking books and probably have several hundred on my keeper shelf. I posted a few names for you but just reread your post and then wondered if the two romantic suspense I said might be in the too gory catagory. Anyway, if I ever figure out the PM thing you can PM me to talk over books if you like.

Thanks for your suggestions, I tried to send you a PM so hopefully you will receive itg. I also love talking about books & comparing notes. :-)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:16 pm

veg_out wrote:Cher, I absolutely love the library and your booklist. Have you checked out GoodReads?

No I have not checked out GoodReads, but will now. Thanks for the info.

Back to top Go down

Post by ja1968 Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:57 am

Cher1948 wrote:
sweptaway wrote:
Cher1948 wrote:I love this site & prefer reading over watching TV!! I have renewed my love for reading & re-discovered the library - I would have gone broke if I tried to buy all the books I have read in the last 2 years. In fact I read so much, I made a spreadsheet listing all authors I have read alphabetically & each of their books I have read including date published, list of main characters, date read & rate the book either as "okay", "good" or "very good". I read all pages of this thread & have tried and enjoyed many of the suggested authors.

One of my all time favorites is Judith McNaught!!

I enjoy historical fiction with a love story & funny love stories (love Rachel Gibson). Currently hooked on the Regency period in England & medieval times. Read a lot of Seal/special forces (liked Suzanne Brockman's books). Like to mix it up with a western romance book, a thriller as long as not gory etc. Would appreciate hearing about everyone's favorites.

I love talking books and probably have several hundred on my keeper shelf. I posted a few names for you but just reread your post and then wondered if the two romantic suspense I said might be in the too gory catagory. Anyway, if I ever figure out the PM thing you can PM me to talk over books if you like.

Thanks for your suggestions, I tried to send you a PM so hopefully you will receive itg. I also love talking about books & comparing notes. :-)

I love Judith McNaught. I think I have read most of her contemporary stuff but just one or two of her historical. I also really love historical romance. All time favorite is a book called "Devil in Winter" by Lisa Kleypas. A definite keeper for me. I have been looking for newer authors/books in that genre if anyone has any suggestions.
ja1968
ja1968

Female Posts : 819

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:04 pm

I loved the Walllower series. I don't read a whole lot of historical omances anymore but have you read any of Elizabeth Hoyt's books?
Ally
Ally

Back to top Go down

Post by ja1968 Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:29 pm

Ally wrote:I loved the Walllower series. I don't read a whole lot of historical omances anymore but have you read any of Elizabeth Hoyt's books?

I have read a couple of Elizabeth Hoyt's. Her current series is hit and miss with me. The last one looks good may pick that one up. The same author who wrote the Wallflower series, Lisa Kleypas, also wrote a couple of contemporaries. "smooth Talking Stranger" and "Blue Eyed Devil" were excellent,imo for anyone who has not read them.
ja1968
ja1968

Female Posts : 819

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:00 pm

ja1968 wrote:
Ally wrote:I loved the Walllower series. I don't read a whole lot of historical omances anymore but have you read any of Elizabeth Hoyt's books?

I have read a couple of Elizabeth Hoyt's. Her current series is hit and miss with me. The last one looks good may pick that one up. The same author who wrote the Wallflower series, Lisa Kleypas, also wrote a couple of contemporaries. "smooth Talking Stranger" and "Blue Eyed Devil" were excellent,imo for anyone who has not read them.

I loved Lisa's Texas series. I think there was another sibling she can write about but I guess she moved on to another series. My favorite author now is Samantha Young who wrote "On Dublin Street" and the upcoming "Down London Road". They are contemporaries set in Scotland.
Ally
Ally

Back to top Go down

Post by just logic Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:57 pm

I've read many of the books mentioned on here and usually stick with the 'best seller' lists - thrillers/suspense with some romance stories also. I've never enjoyed fantasy although I did read Lord of the Rings but I went to see the Hunger Games which I didn't think I'd enjoy and only went because my kids wanted to go - ended up loving the movie and went out right away and bought the box set. Easy reads as they are written for younger readers but a good story with a moral in there.
The last set of books I've read have been GG Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire". Again, a fantasy (which I don't usually like) and set in medieval time (again, I don't like historicals) but...one of the best series I've read and love the HBO series "Game of Thrones".

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a car.
just logic
just logic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Books - Discussion

+47
Junequilts