SELECT CONTENT

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Sean Varricchio - Davina Kullar - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Page 19 of 79 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 49 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Sean Varricchio - Davina Kullar - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 19 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Sean Varricchio - Davina Kullar - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Post by Tori68 Fri May 01, 2015 4:49 pm

I'm a big fan of this show and it's so much fun reading all the comments in this forum, some great insight! This season, I noticed they all seem to be referring to it a lot more as an "experiment" whereas last season, they seemed to be more focused on that it was a marriage and calling it that. I have to say, I like both Sean and Davina but I've been to NY many times and IMO, many people there are very career focused so I'm hoping in future season's they spread their wings and go elsewhere. It's so hard to just up and go in NY when your job is the biggest part of your life.

Tori68

Back to top Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Sean Varricchio - Davina Kullar - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 19 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Sean Varricchio - Davina Kullar - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Post by GuardianAngel Fri May 01, 2015 5:16 pm

:Welcome Tori68

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by traveler90 Fri May 01, 2015 5:17 pm

welcomebanner Tori68
traveler90
traveler90

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 01, 2015 5:47 pm

RoxyDoxy wrote:Hello Everyone! Have followed both MAFS seasons closely and discovered this wonderful board a couple of weeks ago.

OK--my thoughts on D and S. And keep in mind that I've been a nearly lifelong resident of New Jersey and the NY Metro area

1. Davinia is a typical Upper East Side, high-maintenance Manhattan girl. This is not a bash against her personality; I actually understand where she's coming from.  And she's pretty typical of the NY'ers I have encountered MANY TIMES in my life.  NYC is The World. Anything west of the Hudson River is backwater country. These people sniff at the "bridge and tunnel crowd" as if we are below them or something.

I cannot tell you how many times guys from Manhattan (as well as Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, Westchester) would NOT date me because I lived in NJ. And ironically, the section of NJ where I grew up was right over the George Washington bridge. I could drive into Midtown Manhattan in less than a 1/2 hour.  The Bronx was 20 minutes away. I lived closer to Manhattan than a lot of people in the boroughs did.  But, for whatever reason, the thought of  "OMG I HAVE TO CROSS A BRIDGE TO GO OUT WITH YOU !!!!!!!! would designate me as a "Geographic Undesireable." Stupid, closeminded attitude but there you have it.

Point being, Davinia is your typical Manhattanite and you can see these types coming from a mile away.

Now, on to Sean.  Sean lives in Jackson, NJ which is NOT an easy commute to NYC, even on a good day. It's not very far from where I currently live.  Jackson has no commuter trains and few buses. It's very much an outlying southwestern suburb.  People live there because they don't have to or want to commute into NYC. So i can totally understand why Sean would be completely overwhelmed by the commute to Manhattan; it probably about a 2 hour drive each way.  If you are familiar with NYC area commuting (and since the experts are from the area they should be familiar with the trials and tribulations of commuting into Manhattan) they should have seen this coming as well.

My point: D & S were a poor match. On the NYE show, it was sooo obvious that Sean was out of his element and Davinia was completely in hers.  Davinia needs a fellow sophisticated Manhattan guy, w/money, who loves the NYC lifestyle as much as she does.  Sean...well, judging by the posts here--he Has Issues. But, he should stick to Jersey or Philly gals.

If I could see this coming from Episode 2, why couldn't the experts???

welcomebanner :Welcome
Good Post word

Back to top Go down

Post by pandora48 Fri May 01, 2015 5:56 pm

Am I the only one who finds it odd that a 35-yr-old man has that much "anxiety" about moving from NJ to NYC? I mean this isn't a teenage kid moving away to college or a move from Charleston to NY.

I suspect Sean didn't have any anxiety about the actual move. He however likely had anxiety about having to live with his wife and actually participate in a marriage in which he had no intentions of truly participating in.

He didn't seem to have any "anxiety" when making out at the wedding, or during the honeymoon. But when it came time to actually work on the marriage, all of a sudden he freaks out.

I think Sean probably does have some issues but the biggest thing I think he suffers from is being full of crapitis.

pandora48

Back to top Go down

Post by Regal_GG Fri May 01, 2015 7:37 pm

What is Sean GETTING for his efforts? NOTHING.

Davina is not into this. Davina is into Davina. Even IF Sean was happy to spend hours a day in his car driving back and forth...What is he getting for it?

My ex is a physician. I went through med school, residency, rounds and 36 hour shifts, setting up the practice, etc. I KNOW what it is like being with a person who is going through that. Now add 1.5 - 2 hour drives (3-4 extra hours a day)?? There is NO WAY!! He is RIGHT when he talks about ANY ER worker having lives in their hands (even his co-workers here - if they are to be believed - have to agree). You CAN'T do that job and be tired or have your mind even a LITTLE foggy.

If Davina made it a LITTLE worth while, MAYBE a guy who is out of his mind/crazy for her could put up with it for a short while...but she only welcomes him with how SHE (fresh as a daisy from no commute - having worked, yes, but not life and death worked) needs to feel courted and what ELSE can he do for HER???

I'm not necessarily a Sean fan (that's up from not liking him at all), but for Pete's Sake! I'm on his side in THIS discussion.

Regal_GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruqibabe Fri May 01, 2015 7:46 pm

ITA. high five

Ruqibabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruqibabe Fri May 01, 2015 9:46 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CUZ6nHaXiqs

Ruqibabe

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyDoxy Fri May 01, 2015 10:00 pm

Totally agree! Nailed it. Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Sean Varricchio - Davina Kullar - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 19 1710264613

RoxyDoxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Franny407 Fri May 01, 2015 10:08 pm

Ruqibabe wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CUZ6nHaXiqs

BWAHAHAHAA ... STOP SAYING TOMATILLO cantstopl

that is awesome...
Franny407
Franny407

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sat May 02, 2015 5:33 pm

Totally agree I highly doubt that she would even consider it if she was in his place. She seems to sacfice nothing in this so called relationship. I do not blame Sean at all for wanting to get away from her.
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by Jadeh Sat May 02, 2015 6:06 pm

Totally disagree about Davina & Sean. First of all he said he was not going to kiss her and then he was all over her. Second he blew up crazy like about the ring and Davina sympathized. Third on the honeymoon Davina got out of her comfort zone and tried to be sympathetic to Sean's issues. He completely blew the issue on the horse ride when she was feeling like this was a dream come true. She should have spoken up and explained why she was crying in the moment. Fourth Davina has always said that NY was a deal breaker although she did say if and when they had kids they would move to the burbs. She's not young so that's not a long time off. BTW I think money wise they are probably compatible even if she makes more. Fifth Sure she could have moved to the West Side but I think Davina was willing to do the part time in Jersey and part time in NY for the time being. And she says in some clip that she wanted to go to and be a part of Sean's family things in Jersey. Sixth Sean obviously has anxiety issues and his thoughts go all over the charts which increases his anxieties. Hence, his running at the first sign of stress. Davina may not be aware of this defense mechanism and abandonment is a big issue for her - so her emotional shutting down is to be expected. Finally, who knows what the timing is on anything with this show & we are assuming that she is not giving him time to breathe and relax before she brings up issues. I don't think she is high maintenance. I think she very much wants a committed partner who is with her. Don't forget that her biggest problem seems to be that her dad abandoned her mother, sister and her at about age 10 and her mom was a single parent who went to school to become a professional and was shunned. Davina has been accused of and admitted to not being able to establish relationships. Sean's running to home base would cause her to freeze, shut down, and be hurt. Her standing her ground and constantly asking him to be there is probably very hard. I am sure that she just wants to shut down & close the door.

Jadeh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 79 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 49 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Sean Varricchio - Davina Kullar - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

+103
anOldBMW
TwinkleB13
cubequeen
radicalred
luckydee
JCB
sounproductive
Mimi27
BusyLizzie
justlistening
wharfrat